Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 Turbo S - Short Driving Report (owner)

Beautiful car and pictures RC.    Love the colour combination.

--

2014 Carrera S - on order- October allocation!

2009  997.2  Carrara White/ blk

2013 BMW 328i Sport (mineral grey/black)

06 987S Seal Grey/blk/blk  (gone but not forgotten!)

CPA4S:

try some of the clear rear lenses. i put them on my 991 and they gave a very clean look. leave the red to the inside and the yellow pccb's for the outside.

the gray has more life than the Basalt but still is dark enough to minimize the impact of all the dam black plastic in the back area.

If it's' not too much trouble, Could we see some pics of the clear tail lights? on and off? 

NIce photos!!  I wish we have beautiful mountains like you guys have there....  

Do you have a chance to try to snap the photo of the front 4-dot led?  How is it light up during day time?  4-dot + circular Led on the bumper?  I see photos just 4-dots only during day time, and circular led only light up at night with regular light?

Thanks.

SuzyF:
    hunterone:

pearl white Ext with all Blk Int yellow stitch (and yellow belts) would be my choice kiss

That's almost exactly what I have been thinking of....except the stitching in white. But I like a more luxurious second color added to the black and that's where my eye fell on the Ascott brown of the CGT or maybe natural brown. Smiley

I know one thing for sure: The exterior will be Oryx white pearl Smiley

Suzy,due i'm not sure at 100% to go with the RS,i'm ready with a TTS configuration,and mine would be white,with brown interior(tobacco? don't remember the right name),with yellow seat belt to match the calipers.

My former 997TT was white with cocoa interior,red seats belt,and i like it much.

Maybe i lost where you talk about,but if not,why don't you think to tobacco inside?

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

JAMS:

Congratulations, Christian.. Beautiful car!

Not sure about the driving shoes though.. LOL

image.png.jpeg

Smiley Unfortunately I have no choice, I have to wear some sort of cushions in the shoes because of an accident (broke some bones in the lower part of a foot during a Krav Maga training many years ago and the doctor actually claimed after the MRI that in two years tops, I will drive around in a wheel chair but surprise, surprise...I can now walk even better than my super sporty wife because of the cushions in the shoes). So whenever you see me, you will see me in these shoes because they have a special inlay and some extra cushions. I'm used to them for years now, so no issues with driving. If I wouldn't wear them, the lower part of my foot would hurt after walking a couple of hundreds of meters. No kidding. This is also the reason I do not ski anymore (despite the fact that I had a ligament rupture Smiley) but I do snowboarding (pain is more acceptable). 

Oh, I dress always the way you see me in the photos, very casual, I have only one tie in my closet and it is from my former swiss boarding school. Smiley I can afford not to wear a suit or a tie, this is pure luxury to me. Smiley Smiley I leave the spectacular dressing stuff to my wife, she enjoys it much more than I do. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Enmanuel:
    CPA4S:

try some of the clear rear lenses. i put them on my 991 and they gave a very clean look. leave the red to the inside and the yellow pccb's for the outside.

the gray has more life than the Basalt but still is dark enough to minimize the impact of all the dam black plastic in the back area.

If it's' not too much trouble, Could we see some pics of the clear tail lights? on and off? 

Believe it or not but the clear tail lights look amazing with white and also match agate grey pretty well. I've seen both combos live and I was surprised. I didn't like the white with silver or other colors and the combo with a black exterior is acceptable. They aren't really white white but have some grey in them. Best combo so far is white with white tail lights, it looks really good.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

huangester:

NIce photos!!  I wish we have beautiful mountains like you guys have there....  

Do you have a chance to try to snap the photo of the front 4-dot led?  How is it light up during day time?  4-dot + circular Led on the bumper?  I see photos just 4-dots only during day time, and circular led only light up at night with regular light?

Thanks.

Not sure exactly I understand what you mean by "circular LED"? Smiley

--

SuzyF:
    sfo:

I think espresso/cognac interior would work really well oryx white pearl .. and 'standard' interior too!

I think the Cognac is too light for my taste. I was more thinking about something like this (black-natural brown):

But we'll see... I have some time before  i need to make that decision. 

Now back to RC's car, it's his thread.  (Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Christian Smiley)

No problem, don't worry. Smiley

The above interior would actually look very nice with the white met. exterior you want to choose.

--

davett225:
    RC:

Yes, there is deviating red stitching on the back too. I also just realized that I posted tons of exterior photos but not many interior photos. So sorry about that, not sure however if I can post interior photos any time soon because I won't have the time now to drive the car and the light in my garage isn't the best for interior photos. frown

RC - nice ride.  Love that interior.  I'm waiting for my turbo allocation ( in a few weeks) and trying to decide on interior colors now. torn between the Blk/Red combo like yours or Cognac / Espresso  or Blk w/ Dev yellow stitching.  Wife and I are trying to match these 3 choices with the White or Sapphire Blue exterior.  Spending way too much time on the configurator Smiley

Not a fan of the sapphire blue, make sure that you see the color live before you order it. White is actually a very nice color for the Turbo but if your wife doesn't like it... Smiley

--

Super Darius:
    SuzyF:
    hunterone:

pearl white Ext with all Blk Int yellow stitch (and yellow belts) would be my choice kiss

That's almost exactly what I have been thinking of....except the stitching in white. But I like a more luxurious second color added to the black and that's where my eye fell on the Ascott brown of the CGT or maybe natural brown. Smiley

I know one thing for sure: The exterior will be Oryx white pearl Smiley

Suzy,due i'm not sure at 100% to go with the RS,i'm ready with a TTS configuration,and mine would be white,with brown interior(tobacco? don't remember the right name),with yellow seat belt to match the calipers.

My former 997TT was white with cocoa interior,red seats belt,and i like it much.

Maybe i lost where you talk about,but if not,why don't you think to tobacco inside?

It's called Espresso Smiley i like that color, especially with white exterior, but I want a two-tone interior, and the available Espresso-Cognac is nice, but the Cognac is too light for my taste. 

Another issue I have is with almost every other color than black, is the glare in the windshield. Even when Espresso is a dark color, it still has more glare than black. The glare gets my eyes fatigued and this eventually leads to headache. Even black has some glare. I know that polarizing sunglasses make the glare disappear, but it looks kinda silly when it rains Smiley

But in the end I think I have fallen in love with a combination of black and a dark tan brown color (like in the pictures), probably with white stitchmg on all parts. The only thing I'm afraid for, is that they can't make it work for the plastic parts. I don't want black speaker-grills in the back or black door-bins on a dark tanned interior for example. (Yes I know that I'm very picky... That's why I'm a woman Smiley)

--

Suzy

Very good point about the glare from a light coloured dashboard. It inhibits serious driving.

Another thing, the steering wheel must be black. You cannot be a serious driver holding a brown or blue or grey or whatever else steering wheel. indecisionTherefore, two-tone or plain black for me!

--

"Form follows function"

Yes, the dashboard MUST be black. I had a Cayenne Turbo S (955) with a light colored (beige) dashboard and the "glare" really bothered me from time to time. 

I also agree on the steering wheel but I have to confess that the leather steering wheel may not be always the best solution. At some point, during my weekend Lake Garda fun drive, my hands started to sweat (I wonder why? yes ) and I missed the Alcantara steering wheel of my Cayenne GTS. Since I really think that the thicker steering wheel with the red stitching looks better on the 991 Turbo S, I will start to take my driver gloves with me again. I forgot them at home. yes

--

Is that steering wheel thicker than the normal SportDesign steering wheel?? I never noticed that... 

I saw it for the first time on the 911-50 and it really looks good. I definitely want that. If it is thicker, that will be a bonus :) 

--

Suzy

SuzyF:

Is that steering wheel thicker than the normal SportDesign steering wheel?? I never noticed that... 

I saw it for the first time on the 911-50 and it really looks good. I definitely want that. If it is thicker, that will be a bonus :) 

It may be an optical illusion but the first Turbo S I drove had a normal steering wheel without the stitching and I could bet it wasn't that thick. It is also possible that due to the red and highly visible stitching, the steering wheel is slightly thicker (some sort of fallout from the "larger" stitching). 

--

RC:
    SuzyF:

It may be an optical illusion but the first Turbo S I drove had a normal steering wheel without the stitching and I could bet it wasn't that thick. It is also possible that due to the red and highly visible stitching, the steering wheel is slightly thicker (some sort of fallout from the "larger" stitching). 

Good point... That could also clearify a little of bit the rediculous additional price of CHF 990. Although I'm used to the rediculous prices of options by now. Smiley

--

Suzy

SuzyF:

probably with white stitchmg on all parts.

white stitching will get dirtier quicker than the dark brown leather and be very noticeable .. will you be able to ensure that white stitching on high use areas (s/wheel and driver's seat) do not deteriorate quicker than rest of the white stitching?

I have white stitching on my designo porcelain leather seats on my CLS55 .. despite being fastidious in keeping the driver's seat clean and only wearing fresh clean clothers each time I drive it, the white stitching on driver's seat is noticeably different on the much less frequently used passenger side.

sfo:
    SuzyF:

probably with white stitchmg on all parts.

white stitching will get dirtier quicker than the dark brown leather and be very noticeable .. will you be able to ensure that white stitching on high use areas (s/wheel and driver's seat) do not deteriorate quicker than rest of the white stitching?

I have white stitching on my designo porcelain leather seats on my CLS55 .. despite being fastidious in keeping the driver's seat clean and only wearing fresh clean clothers each time I drive it, the white stitching on driver's seat is noticeably different on the much less frequently used passenger side.

That is indeed the one concern I have, but I think almost every light color stitching has that problem. That is also why I don't want very light colored leather, like luxor or pebble grey. It gets dirty quick and especially the luxor seems to be very sensitive to jeans. (Blue marks on the leather).

My alternative is to get deviated stitching that matches the brown, on the black parts only (dash, upper doortrim, seatbacks). Pops a little less, but will be easier to keep clean.

--

Suzy

Some call it dirt, some call it Patina. indecision

I wouldn't care but I wear jeans most of the time and unfortunately the blue kind of impregnates white leather. yes

--

SuzyF:

My alternative is to get deviated stitching that matches the brown, on the black parts only (dash, upper doortrim, seatbacks). Pops a little less, but will be easier to keep clean.

just keep the seats and steering wheel with non white stitching (match stitch to leather) and you will be fine ...

IMG-20130330-01670.jpgEnmanuel:
    CPA4S:

563020_3331586642415_1050964082_33114911_114723319_n.jpg

--

2013 Lotus Evora S/ 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold //2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

sorry - had problems finding the right pictures. they are in Black berry - no wonder that company is going down the drain

never put the RED S on - always just fooling around but car is sold now anyway.

--

2013 Lotus Evora S/ 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold //2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Beautiful car but please...get rid of that red "S". Everything is perfect about the look of that car but the "S" kind of says "look at me, dude", which is not a message you want to send with a 911. Just my personal opinion, especially since diehard 911 fans will not like it because it looks very aftermarket.

Just keep in mind that there is no 911 S. Smiley

--

SuzyF:
    sfo:

I think espresso/cognac interior would work really well oryx white pearl .. and 'standard' interior too!

I think the Cognac is too light for my taste. I was more thinking about something like this (black-natural brown):

But we'll see... I have some time before  i need to make that decision. 

Now back to RC's car, it's his thread.  (Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Christian Smiley)

Now THIS is a beautiful color combo!  Please let us know if we can order like this without messing up the color matching on the plastic parts.

One thing, though... I believe you cannot get white deviated stitching from Porsche, correct?  I'd also stay away from it because it'd be too difficult to keep clean.

keithos27:
    Now THIS is a beautiful color combo!  Please let us know if we can order like this without messing up the color matching on the plastic parts.

One thing, though... I believe you cannot get white deviated stitching from Porsche, correct?  I'd also stay away from it because it'd be too difficult to keep clean.

Thanks. I'll let u all know if something like this is possible. I send them an email yesterday, but they don't have answered yet.

Regarding the white stitching, that is available now. It's even mentioned on the configurator on the info of option CLU, deviated stiching for steering wheel. (At least it is on the Swiss and German configurator, the U.S. configurator still has a lot less colors mentioned, the last time I checked). As an alternative for white, pebble grey would also work, but I don't think that I'm going for white deviated stitching at all, since it could be a bit too much and make the interior look too busy.

--

Suzy

CPA4S:

sorry - had problems finding the right pictures. they are in Black berry - no wonder that company is going down the drain

never put the RED S on - always just fooling around but car is sold now anyway.

Good call on the red S, looks too over the top. 

The clear lights are growing on me. But I still think the colour of the car is the deciding factor for these. On black it looks ok.

Hi RC. Im very sorry if this is mentioned already. I have very slow internet and looked at half these pages but could not find.

My original GT3 order had LED headlights. However after much consideration I think I may change these to PDLS Xenon as it makes the face of the car look less elongated in my view (the GT3 looks longer than the 991TTS as the TTS is wider looking).

Can you tell me your thoughts on the LED headlights which are also standard on you car. Do you think I will be missing anything special? are you happy with them? In real life do they look high quality or a little too plastic silver? Its so hard never having seen them...

Really appreciate your help....

The LED lights are amazing and I wouldn't want to miss them anymore. They also look good but I wish they were blackened. There are rumors that a black LED light will be available as an option next year but exchanging my current lights with black ones would probably be too expensive.

The light they produce is very bright and very uniform, it really makes a difference in my opinion. I also think the LED lights look good on the Turbo/S but I'm not so sure if they make the same visual impact on a GT3. Depending on the car color, I would probably rather choose the blackened lights instead of the LED lights but like I said, I really love the light quality/performance from the LED lights.

--

Thanks RC. I do appreciate your candid replies - its good you are honest and realistic when discussing your cars - it adds so much more value than the "speculation" we get so much of on other boards. 

I may look at ordering the black PDLS instead on my white GT3. I wonder if that would look good do you think? I havent really seen any good pictures of the black PDLS on a white car to compare...I can see why the black LED would look so good...

Black PDLS look very good on a white car, it makes the front look a little bit "sinister", it is difficult to explain. 

Here are two photos of black PDLS on a white car, sorry...haven't found something better.

picture_php_pictureid_28508_8ea3b2525b8405245954dfbff6669cb91bb46faa.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 12.40.15 AM.jpg

--

Thanks RC. Sinister like Kung Foo Panda LOL! Mmmm. Will have to have a long think....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688627 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408727 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255528 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234797 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65399 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857592 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773412 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM