Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 Turbo S - Short Driving Report (owner)

Great photos... We've talked a bit about the new larger width - did you become aware of that on these Lago Garda roads, which I expect are much narrower than most of your home roads?  (991T looks as wide as two Minis in the one photo Smiley )

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:

Great photos... We've talked a bit about the new larger width - did you become aware of that on these Lago Garda roads, which I expect are much narrower than most of your home roads?  (991T looks as wide as two Minis in the one photo Smiley )

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

Surprisingly not. I drove the car like all my cars and never paid attention to the width. No issues at all but there were some roads where I was so afraid that I honked before each curve, just to make sure there isn't someone coming with speed. Fortunately, all drivers and motorcyclists were quite aware of the dangers and were very cautious. One exception though: There was a very sharp curve but the street was quite wide there (probably because of the sharp curve) and a car with German license plates came along, half on my half of the road, almost hitting (I drove as far right as possible) my front fender before he actually moved more to his right. Idiot. Luckily, I was very slow.

If these roads up there were closed to other traffic and one direction only, it would be a blast to drive there. So much fun. I was lucky that there was very low traffic, mostly motorcycles and some bicycles (Kudos to them, wasn't easy to go up there).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Greta pics and moments with your son, thanks for sharing Smiley

J.Seven

kissGreat pics again! 

i see you have the black seatbacks, which come standard in leather if I'm correct? Do they also have deviated stitching on the back? The car I drove had the optional red seatbacks, but i like the black ones more I think. Gives a bit more contrast in the interior.

--

Suzy

Yes, there is deviating red stitching on the back too. I also just realized that I posted tons of exterior photos but not many interior photos. So sorry about that, not sure however if I can post interior photos any time soon because I won't have the time now to drive the car and the light in my garage isn't the best for interior photos. frown

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Christian,

Great car and nice trip!

BTW, I like Agate Grey more and more(but, my wife likes Rhodium Silver more...).

nice pics and very nice S Smiley

what is it with the raised wing ? do you need all that downforce while stationary ? Smiley

poser...

my neighbour has a 991s in agate and I am not mad on it.

i think the black turbo air intakes and the tinted windows make it in that colour 

looking good

hugo:

nice pics and very nice S Smiley

what is it with the raised wing ? do you need all that downforce while stationary Smiley

poser...

This is actually the problem with the raised front lip and the rear wing: They do not go to their initial position when you park the car and/or stop the engine. Smiley Porsche claims that this is intentional because the car would already do 160 kph (from stand still) when the front lip and rear wing are fully deployed. So they programmed the active aerodynamics in such a manner that once activated (or Sport Plus), the front lip and rear wing do not go back to the initial position. Great for posers, I agree. Smiley

When I drove in Sport Plus mode, the active aerodynamics were fully deployed (Performance Mode). Porsche recommended this aerodynamics setting for fast track driving, not for Autobahn driving (too much downforce, actually slowing down at higher speed).

To make it short: The poser mode is standard. Smiley Smiley

--

"To make it short: The poser mode is standard. "

Smiley 

Thanks for the nice pics kiss  But your Porsche writing at the back is definitly too high . It has to be aligned with the white part in the back lignts

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Thanks for the pics!

I'll go build a turbo and see for how long I'll be able to hold back laugh

RC:

Yes, there is deviating red stitching on the back too. I also just realized that I posted tons of exterior photos but not many interior photos. So sorry about that, not sure however if I can post interior photos any time soon because I won't have the time now to drive the car and the light in my garage isn't the best for interior photos. frown

RC - nice ride.  Love that interior.  I'm waiting for my turbo allocation ( in a few weeks) and trying to decide on interior colors now. torn between the Blk/Red combo like yours or Cognac / Espresso  or Blk w/ Dev yellow stitching.  Wife and I are trying to match these 3 choices with the White or Sapphire Blue exterior.  Spending way too much time on the configurator Smiley

--

Dave '07 911 turbo

pearl white Ext with all Blk Int yellow stitch (and yellow belts) would be my choice kiss

That was my pick but my last few cars were all white and my wife wants a change, she likes the Sapphire Blue...

--

Dave

hunterone:

pearl white Ext with all Blk Int yellow stitch (and yellow belts) would be my choice kiss

That's almost exactly what I have been thinking of....except the stitching in white. But I like a more luxurious second color added to the black and that's where my eye fell on the Ascott brown of the CGT or maybe natural brown. Smiley

I know one thing for sure: The exterior will be Oryx white pearl Smiley

--

Suzy

SuzyF:

I can only agree with you. But i had already fallen in love with an exterior color (Oryx white pearl), so that's why I have to do it the other way around haha. Black-red does look good with white, but I like to be different. That and the fact that because of the PTS color, there is plenty of time, is why I'm going fot LTS. I'm just not sure about the exact color yet, because of what i mentioned above. Unfortunately they couldn't make an appointment at the Exclusive department, before I go to the U.S. for 4 weeks, so I'll have to wait untill I'm back. In the meantime I can think long enough about what color I like ;)

I think espresso/cognac interior would work really well oryx white pearl .. and 'standard' interior too!

Congratulations, Christian.. Beautiful car!

Not sure about the driving shoes though.. LOL

image.png.jpeg

sfo:

I think espresso/cognac interior would work really well oryx white pearl .. and 'standard' interior too!

I think the Cognac is too light for my taste. I was more thinking about something like this (black-natural brown):

But we'll see... I have some time before  i need to make that decision. 

Now back to RC's car, it's his thread.  (Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Christian Smiley)

--

Suzy

Lovely...

@SuzyF: wow, thats a stunning combination with the white exterior!

--

SuzyF:
    sfo:

I think the Cognac is too light for my taste. I was more thinking about something like this (black-natural brown):

But we'll see... I have some time before  i need to make that decision. 

Now back to RC's car, it's his thread.  (Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Christian Smiley)

I had Natural Brown leather in my 2004 C4S cab and that was my favorite Smiley

--

Dave

Fantastic car RC! The bi-colour leather is really growing on me! And the colour scheme is great with the painted washers and the black turbo s logos.

However, you MUST re-align the letters in the back. The spacing does look very odd! Apart from this - PERFECT! kiss

Suzy, 

from where are these amazing images? Are they photoshopped or is this a real car?

--

Note to self: I DO NOT need a Turbo. 

TomSilver:

Suzy, 

from where are these amazing images? Are they photoshopped or is this a real car?

They're from the Porsche website, but I photoshopped them Smiley  (i slowly start to learn how Photoshop works and  i need to... i need it for my work)

--

Suzy

JAMS:

image.png.jpeg

The shoes are less of an issue in an automatic.

SuzyF:
    TomSilver:

Suzy, 

They're from the Porsche website, but I photoshopped them Smiley  (i slowly start to learn how Photoshop works and  i need to... i need it for my work)

You are really skilled in this. I'm a photoshop user for some years, but did different things with it (amateur landscape photographer). How do you change the interior color in such a consistent way?

If i had enough time to wait for a PTS/LTS solution, my perfect 911 would be stone grey metallic with your nice photoshopped interior :)

--

Note to self: I DO NOT need a Turbo. 

TomSilver:
    SuzyF:
    TomSilver:

Suzy, 

You are really skilled in this. I'm a photoshop user for some years, but did different things with it (amateur landscape photographer). How do you change the interior color in such a consistent way?

If i had enough time to wait for a PTS/LTS solution, my perfect 911 would be stone grey metallic with your nice photoshopped interior :)

Youtube is your friend ;)

http://youtu.be/R-ascJHZCoY

But you'll need a pen tablet to be accurate ;)

--

Suzy

CGX car nut:
    JAMS:

image.png.jpeg

The shoes are less of an issue in an automatic.

If RC ever does retire in the US, the jeans and shirt will fit right into having a pickup truck (a Raptor perhaps) as his second car, and possibly the footwear; can't tell if they are boots or just big shoes.  Smiley   Actually glad to see Europeans dressing comfortably instead of pretensiously. (Letting down your stereotype though) Smiley

try some of the clear rear lenses. i put them on my 991 and they gave a very clean look. leave the red to the inside and the yellow pccb's for the outside.

the gray has more life than the Basalt but still is dark enough to minimize the impact of all the dam black plastic in the back area.

--

2013 Lotus Evora S/ 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold //2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690298 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409625 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255913 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235160 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65630 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858323 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774555 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM