Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 Turbo S - Short Driving Report (owner)

So they both turn on at the same time? 

--

2011 Porsche 911 [997.2] Carrera 4S (Platinum Silver) {Sold}
    2013 Porsche Panamera GTS [970.1] (Basalt Black)
    2013 Porsche 911 [991.1] Carrera S (GT Silver)
    2014 Porsche 911 [991.1] GT3 (Agate Grey) {Delivery date: December 2013}

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley

LED lights are available for the whole 991 range. All LED lights have those four LED spots daylight running lights. Which in my opinion is a little bit stupid because in the past, the four spots LEDs were actually reserved for the GTS and Turbo models. The confusion is perfect.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I've seen a Cayenne Turbo with the LED four spots at daytime. They indicate LED headlights?

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

I've seen a Cayenne Turbo with the LED four spots at daytime. They indicate LED headlights?

This is another confusing thing: The Panamera and Cayenne GTS and Turbo models have those four small spots in the middle, which looks different from the LED daylight running lights (the spots are in the outer area) and are NOT LED lights. I actually like this DRL look much more than the current LED lights look.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Porker:
    SuzyF:

Here's a picture of the LED DRL at night (on a C2S)

--

Suzy

Is that available on a C2S already? THought that option was GT3 & Turbo only? Smiley

It became available for all 991 with MY2014. 

--

Suzy

RC:
    reginos:

This is another confusing thing: The Panamera and Cayenne GTS and Turbo models have those four small spots in the middle, which looks different from the LED daylight running lights (the spots are in the outer area) and are NOT LED lights. I actually like this DRL look much more than the current LED lights look.

I asked the owner what type of lights they were and he didn't have a clue. He just said proudly that they " turn the night into day" Smiley

Very few people care about the characteristics of their cars.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    RC:
    reginos:

I asked the owner what type of lights they were and he didn't have a clue. He just said proudly that they " turn the night into day" Smiley

Very few people care about the characteristics of their cars.

Don't tell me about it. Last time at my dealer, I met a guy who ordered a 991 Turbo S and he was hilarious. He pointed at my car and asked the sales person "did I order this" and "did I order this too"...and so on, without knowing what he was actually pointing at. Unbelievable. I could go into details but I'm afraid he could read this and feel offended. Smiley I think we all here are some nutjobs who go so much into details like no normal customer would. Sad but true.

--

RC:

Don't tell me about it. Last time at my dealer, I met a guy who ordered a 991 Turbo S and he was hilarious. He pointed at my car and asked the sales person "did I order this" and "did I order this too"...and so on, without knowing what he was actually pointing at. Unbelievable. I could go into details but I'm afraid he could read this and feel offended. Smiley I think we all here are some nutjobs who go so much into details like no normal customer would. Sad but true.

LOL! I think your are absolutely right! I can't imagine people ordering a car and not knowing what they are exactly ordering, but I'm a controlfreak so I need to know everything about these kind of things I guess...

I know literally every option code including a lot of Exclusive options and what most options do, by heart.  I'm a walking 981/991 catalogue Smiley  Smiley

--

Suzy

SuzyF:

LOL! I think your are absolutely right! I can't imagine people ordering a car and not knowing what they are exactly ordering, but I'm a controlfreak so I need to know everything about these kind of things I guess...

I know literally every option code including a lot of Exclusive options and what most options do, by heart.  I'm a walking 981/991 catalogue Smiley  Smiley

like my wife...SmileySmiley

what i made wrong in my life...Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

My wife couldn't care less about cars. This is why I should have never listened to her when she recommended to get a Panamera Turbo S instead of a Cayenne Turbo S. It would have saved me some money (and some nerves). 

--

RC:

My wife couldn't care less about cars. This is why I should have never listened to her when she recommended to get a Panamera Turbo S instead of a Cayenne Turbo S. It would have saved me some money (and some nerves). 

hahaha,yes but i I told you at that time!!!

my wife is the same,i can buy also a car with only one seat that she never care...Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Here's a picture of the DRL on the LED-lights...

Skärmavbild 2013-10-17 kl. 18.59.04.png

I'm new here and first of all,  I really enjoy all the review on your car.
    It's really cool ( and rare ) to have so many information on a car like that from the owner on the "everyday life" with the car.

I guess that you're gonna drive your car on winter ( like your previous 997 TT  )...

Any issues with a 911 turbo when it's snow time ( ride height , grip etc ... )  ?

PS : I really like the ext/int combo of color on your car ! Great taste !

Super Darius:
    RC:

hahaha,yes but i I told you at that time!!!

my wife is the same,i can buy also a car with only one seat that she never care...Smiley

Most women dislike sports cars.  I recall once having a heated discussion of why my highly expensive car does not ride like her Father's Lexus sedan.  That occurring after she spilled hot tea on herself, which I told her not to bring into the car, especially in an open mug.

It goes beyond sports cars. I was returning to the office with a really cute little blonde female co-worker whom I only associated with because she was way above average intelligence. She actually helped to promote my carrer, and I hers. I had no idea that throwing a 4wd SUV into a slide would not be FUN.

She was a real saint in letting me know that SUV'S sliding in apparent out of control conditions? and small sports cars were not anything of interest to her. 

She also had no interest in Men that she perceived as being smater than her. I perhaps should have tried better to play dumb??

Nice write up!

What's the story on that exhaust spitting?

c

--

Chris

2007 997.1 TT (#3)

1987 930 Slant 505

Thanks Suzy for the pics of the LED's they look quite nice IMO. 

--

- HS (Belgium)  -  '14 Porsche 991 GT3 (oct build) - '06 BMW 335I Coupe  

any one outside europe got  991 TTS yet ?  thanks

SuzyF:

There used to be a RT member, a few years back, who also knew every combination, what kinds of contrast stitching would work with which colours etc, and members ordering cars would seek out his opinions before finalizing (I think he was "Groom"?).  I think Suzy just replaced him..... Smiley  Most of us truly do like this stuff but unles a person's brain is wired a certain way, you just can't avoid the eyes-glazed-over look after 20 pages of options...

Missed most of this while travelling but a belated congrats to RC on the new beast.  Fantastic spec all around, and I think you may appreciate the warmth of the red interior as the days shorten and the winter gloom arrives - that same interior combo is all I miss from my last Audi S5, it was such a happy place to be. 

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:
    SuzyF:

There used to be a RT member, a few years back, who also knew every combination, what kinds of contrast stitching would work with which colours etc, and members ordering cars would seek out his opinions before finalizing (I think he was "Groom"?).  I think Suzy just replaced him..... Smiley  Most of us truly do like this stuff but unles a person's brain is wired a certain way, you just can't avoid the eyes-glazed-over look after 20 pages of options...

Missed most of this while travelling but a belated congrats to RC on the new beast.  Fantastic spec all around, and I think you may appreciate the warmth of the red interior as the days shorten and the winter gloom arrives - that same interior combo is all I miss from my last Audi S5, it was such a happy place to be. 

LOL! Smiley

I actually have been helping several people over at 6speed with their configuration, especially regarding the Exclusive options, like stitching etc. A lot of people and even dealerships in the U.S. don't know much about the interior-options. IMO PCNA is the one to blaim here, because they don't have much information available for their clients and their dealerships, while PAG certainly does have that information, but PCNA just doesn't do much with it. There are some salespeople that can't really tell the difference between standard and leather interior. A shame if you ask me...

i made a PDF sheet with everything explained with the help of drawings (from a german pricelist). Cost me less than half an hour and it has been downloaded more than 100 times (even by salespeople, according to some members).

There are lots of examples that went totally wrong. People wanting a two-tone black-red interior (like the turbo S) and ending up with a black dash and red plastic parts on top of the dash, only because the salespeople aren't informed well enough (or they simply don't bother).

So if someone at PAG or PCNA is reading this... PM me,  i'll send you an invoice Smiley

--

Suzy

4trac:

Thanks for the kind words and yes, I really like it too. Smiley Smiley

--

More Italy photos...enjoy.

ttsg1.jpg

ttsg2.jpg

ttsg3.jpg

ttsg4.jpg

--

looks great

enjoy

kissVery nice pictures RC! 

The car looks great. I'm still not sure what color interior I want. I like the Black-Red, but it seems everybody is ordering that. I would like something different... Black-Ascott brown or something like that. Just not sure if they can make that the way I want. Plastic parts like speaker-mesh and lower door panel parts could be a problem in a non-standard color.

--

Suzy

SuzyF:

The car looks great. I'm still not sure what color interior I want. I like the Black-Red, but it seems everybody is ordering that. I would like something different... Black-Ascott brown or something like that. Just not sure if they can make that the way I want. Plastic parts like speaker-mesh and lower door panel parts could be a problem in a non-standard color.

I find it is easier to start inside, then pick an exterior that complements your preferred interior.  After all, you spend 99% of your time inside the car, so that is the design/colour that impacts feelings.   In the case of my last factory order (S5), I started with preferred red interior, then selected a custom grey exterior to best match, which ended up... very close to the RC turbo look! 

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

Very cool Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

4trac:
    SuzyF:

I find it is easier to start inside, then pick an exterior that complements your preferred interior.  After all, you spend 99% of your time inside the car, so that is the design/colour that impacts feelings.   In the case of my last factory order (S5), I started with preferred red interior, then selected a custom grey exterior to best match, which ended up... very close to the RC turbo look! 

I can only agree with you. But i had already fallen in love with an exterior color (Oryx white pearl), so that's why I have to do it the other way around haha. Black-red does look good with white, but I like to be different. That and the fact that because of the PTS color, there is plenty of time, is why I'm going fot LTS. I'm just not sure about the exact color yet, because of what i mentioned above. Unfortunately they couldn't make an appointment at the Exclusive department, before I go to the U.S. for 4 weeks, so I'll have to wait untill I'm back. In the meantime I can think long enough about what color I like ;)

--

Suzy

Great pictures. The car looks stunning.

To me the 991 TT just looks "right"...I must admit I have fallen for this car.

FlatSix911:

Great pictures. The car looks stunning.

To me the 991 TT just looks "right"...I must admit I have fallen for this car.

The more I look at it, the more I like it. And this is actually the first 911 Turbo of newer generation which looks even good with the front lip and rear wing "deployed". Smiley

--

Last batch of photos, enjoy. I have more but most of them are with me and my son in them and it is difficult to edit them without ruining the photos. Enjoy.

ttsg20.jpg

Look at the average fuel consumption (actually it was over 24 liters) and the average speed and you realize where this comes from. indecision I love the mountain roads, so much fun.

ttsg19.jpg

No error margin on these roads...

ttsg18.jpg

Limone sul Garda. I actually had to wait a couple of minutes to take this photo because so many people were standing around the car... (there was a classic car "race" and lots of car lovers near by).

ttsg17.jpg

ttsg16.jpg

One of the cars in the classic "race" (Circuito del Garda).

ttsg15.jpg

ttsg14.jpg

ttsg13.jpg

ttsg12.jpg

ttsg11.jpg

ttsg10.jpg

Perfect curve for the new AWS...

ttsg9.jpg

ttsg8.jpg

ttsg7.jpg

ttsg6.jpg

ttsg5.jpg

1382357761239ttsg4.jpg

1382357779019ttsg3.jpg

1382357800304ttsg2.jpg

Hotel garage...exactly in front of the video surveillance camera. 

1382357868611ttsg1.jpg

Brenner Pass (Passo del Brennero)...Austria, near the Europe Bridge. A couple of days earlier, it snowed and traffic was blocked. 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688371 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408639 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255490 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234736 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65363 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857517 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773259 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM