Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 Turbo S - Short Driving Report (owner)

John H:

The car now looks perfect - no need for any further enhancements... or expenditure!  kiss

You sound like my wife Smiley...but you are right. I'm done spending, now I'm driving the sucker. Smiley

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:

tts0.jpg

P O R S C H E seems a bit too high ..

We took the original measurements from the silver OEM lettering on my car (thank god, one of the mechanics took a photo because there is no official information in the Porsche system yet). I know that on photos, the Porsche lettering is slightly lower but on my car, it wasn't. I also think that the viewing angle is a little bit weird in the photo, I will try to post a better photo with the car outside the garage. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

comparing OEM and RCs ..

gap between PORSCHE and 911 turbo S on RC's car seems too big ...

This is the original silver lettering on my car. Since we used it as a reference, I actually think that the angle of my photo in the garage is not good and with the shadows and lights, things got messed up. I will try to post a photo outside the garage next weekend.

1381846046668image-31.png.jpeg

--

With the lettering it does look much better. and matte black was definitely a better choice than silver on this car. 

I hate to say it but I agree that the lettering looks a tad high, but hey it's not that big of a deal anyways. the car looks fantastic. 

Enmanuel:

With the lettering it does look much better. and matte black was definitely a better choice than silver on this car. 

I hate to say it but I agree that the lettering looks a tad high, but hey it's not that big of a deal anyways. the car looks fantastic. 

Now that everybody says it, it looks that way but I didn't notice it when I looked at it, so I think it is actually the angle I took the photo from and the weird lighting in the garage. Like I said, I will try to take a photo outside the garage and if the Porsche lettering is too high, I can get it fixed. No problem. Like you said...not that it really counts since most people out there don't have a reference point for comparison. Smiley

Yes, the matte black lettering is perfect for my car but I wish Porsche would offer it as an option.

--

Don't worry too much about it. 

If im not mistaken (And that's what I've always remembered from back when we talked a lot about the lettering when the 991 was launched) the PORSCHE letering should be in line with the white strips inside the tail lights, to carry over that horizontal line and divide the rear up so that it doesn't look so big, since it is in fact higher that on the 997. So just check if the lettering lines up that way and you should be good to go. 

RC,

I am convinced that you will have a problem with the lettering !! To save you from any sort of future mental disorder I am willing to take over the responsibilty and drive your car for you...Smiley

Smiley (lettering looks good for me).

d997h:

RC,

I am convinced that you will have a problem with the lettering !! To save you from any sort of future mental disorder I am willing to take over the responsibilty and drive your car for you...Smiley

Smiley (lettering looks good for me).

Smiley I don't care too much about the lettering, tough crowd here. Smiley

The lettering looked good to me too yesterday but now... Smiley Just kidding, I am more worried about the time I can drive the car, which is almost zero this week. Smiley

--

Hey RC, can you post some pictures on how the LED lights look on and off, and if possible of the DRL's?

great looking car by the way!

wink

--

2011 Porsche 911 [997.2] Carrera 4S (Platinum Silver) {Sold}
    2013 Porsche Panamera GTS [970.1] (Basalt Black)
    2013 Porsche 911 [991.1] Carrera S (GT Silver)
    2014 Porsche 911 [991.1] GT3 (Agate Grey) {Delivery date: December 2013}

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley

ag23:

Hey RC, can you post some pictures on how the LED lights look on and off, and if possible of the DRL's?

wink

I will try to "catch" the specific light but it isn't easy. I tried before. 

--

RC, what can you tell us about the car's acceleration from standstill? 

--

2014 991 Turbo (on order, Nov Prod)
    2012 991 C2S w/Fabspeed SOLD
    2011 Ferrari 458 Italia Rosso Mondiale / cuoio
    2011 Turbo S Cab SOLD
    2010 BMW AH7 
    2010 Caddy Escalade
    2006 Cayman S First P car, SOLD

RC,

belated congratulations on your new acquisition. It looks stunning, the colour combination is marvellous and I actually think that this specific bi-colour interior must be perfect for a weekend car while the exterior colour remains sufficiently stealth for your neighbourhood.

Wishing you lots of joyful miles, especially with your sun, in the Turbo! kiss

Cocodrilo:

A slight disappointment: If you fully press the throttle, there is a short lag before the car picks up speed. I try to press the throttle up to the "kickdown" level at first and only after a second or so further, it seems to improve acceleration from standstill but I'm not so sure. Launch control is a different story of course (I haven't tried it yet, I want to wait until the car has 3000 km) but don't expect the Turbo S to jump forward instantly as you've seen with launch control. Unfortunately many modern cars are set up this way, so if you accidentally press the throttle... Not what I expected.

--

Ferdie:

RC,

belated congratulations on your new acquisition. It looks stunning, the colour combination is marvellous and I actually think that this specific bi-colour interior must be perfect for a weekend car while the exterior colour remains sufficiently stealth for your neighbourhood.

Wishing you lots of joyful miles, especially with your sun, in the Turbo! kiss

Thank you. Smiley My son loves the car a lot but unfortunately I don't have much time to drive it during the week (not that he has more time than me, school comes first Smiley).

--

Congrats !

Truly,fabulous looking car!

I'm jealous,truth be told ,my dealer just told me the release in US will not happen until December unfortunately.

Btw,had doubts about my choice of Black/Red interior vs all Black (which was my preference until my wife talked me into Red) but after seeing the pics of your car I am now convinced it was the perfect choice.

absent:

Congrats !

Truly,fabulous looking car!

I'm jealous,truth be told ,my dealer just told me the release in US will not happen until December unfortunately.

Btw,had doubts about my choice of Black/Red interior vs all Black (which was my preference until my wife talked me into Red) but after seeing the pics of your car I am now convinced it was the perfect choice.

Rule nr. 1: The wife is always right

Rule nr. 2: if you think the wife isn't right, slap yourself in the face and read rule nr. 1.

Smiley

--

Suzy

I believe u are on ur way to 3000km soon?  Waiting for ur real test of the car....  I had put my orders down a month ago, and just yesterday they had released the "bucket seats" for option, and my production was set to be Nov. 17th, and yesterday was the last day to switch the seats with bucket seats.....  with heated seats option still available for bucket seats.... don't know if that is a mistake from the website.....  How did u get the matt black lettering from ur dealer?  They told me that they don't have that option listed.....  Is this some kind of aftermarket thing ur local dealer do for you?

huangester:

I believe u are on ur way to 3000km soon?  Waiting for ur real test of the car....  I had put my orders down a month ago, and just yesterday they had released the "bucket seats" for option, and my production was set to be Nov. 17th, and yesterday was the last day to switch the seats with bucket seats.....  with heated seats option still available for bucket seats.... don't know if that is a mistake from the website.....  How did u get the matt black lettering from ur dealer?  They told me that they don't have that option listed.....  Is this some kind of aftermarket thing ur local dealer do for you?

I would have loved to get the bucket seats (yes, seat heating is available for them) but this would have delayed my car. I could retrofit them but it is too expensive, I already paid enough for this car. Smiley At least I got my seat ventilation, I love to drive with an open window in summer time and in the past, I always had a wet back, which not only wasn't healthy but it also didn't look nice. 

The matte black lettering has been done by the local Porsche dealer at my request. It has been professionally done by the same paint shop who takes care of the dealership's repairs/paint jobs. Quality is perfect, this isn't just a simple spray on job. No, this cannot be ordered from the factory, which is a pity. 

--

RC:
    Cocodrilo:

A slight disappointment: If you fully press the throttle, there is a short lag before the car picks up speed. I try to press the throttle up to the "kickdown" level at first and only after a second or so further, it seems to improve acceleration from standstill but I'm not so sure. Launch control is a different story of course (I haven't tried it yet, I want to wait until the car has 3000 km) but don't expect the Turbo S to jump forward instantly as you've seen with launch control. Unfortunately many modern cars are set up this way, so if you accidentally press the throttle... Not what I expected.

Firstly your car looks great, awesome colour combination and (although I like black wheels like you) I think you are right to leave the wheels as they are, they do suit the overall look.

This what I appreciate about your posts unlike in other forums where most individuals only post positive things about their car/tuning choices for fear of tainting their fragile egos (presumably Smiley) you tell the facts as you see them warts and all.

I don't like PDK, I appreciate its advantages but for me the clutch is a massive part of the driving experience as it is your connection with the engine and YOU have the responsibility to control the engine torque, this is a lot of driving pleasure for me. All the PDKs I have driven including a daily driven VW version have this slight lag when starting from a standstill - I hate this charactaristic so much and especially when comparing it with the alternative of being able to modulate the clutch/throttle ones self to produce whatever type of standing start is appropriate the instant YOU want it.. So the Turbo S PDK is no different by then why should it be..... 

--

3.9  GT2 2011 make over

RC

I would have loved to get the bucket seats (yes, seat heating is available for them) but this would have delayed my car. I could retrofit them but it is too expensive, I already paid enough for this car. 

Are the bucket seats the same ones that are available on the GT3 in Europe / UK?

We don't have the heated option at the moment....

Smiley

RC:
    ag23:

wink

Smiley

--

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley

ag23:
    RC:
    ag23:

wink

Smiley

I was going to make the same request - I assume the lights are identical the optional LEDs on the GT3?

sidicks:
    ag23:
    RC:
    ag23:

wink

Smiley

I was going to make the same request - I assume the lights are identical the optional LEDs on the GT3?

I just hope that there is some way to configure that both the 4 point halo DRL light and the lower bumper mounted DRL light up at the same time, in all the pictures I have seen only the 4 point halo DRL light turns on...

can you shed some LIGHT on this?  Smiley (Get it... Light, hahaha! I crack myself up sometimes)

--

ag23:
    sidicks:
    ag23:
    RC:
    ag23:

wink

Smiley

I just hope that there is some way to configure that both the 4 point halo DRL light and the lower bumper mounted DRL light up at the same time, in all the pictures I have seen only the 4 point halo DRL light turns on...

can you shed some LIGHT on this?  Smiley (Get it... Light, hahaha! I crack myself up sometimes)

I hope so too. I ordered the LED's for my GT3 but I am not  so sure it anymore it is worth it. They were quite a few bucks. 

Last week I was at a presentation of the 991 GT3 and there was a black car present, the car had the (optional for GT3) black PDLS. It looked quite special.

Personally I did not choose this because my car will be white. But there was a Turbo S next to it with the LED's but I think I prefer the black PDLS. My only doubt was because they had to fit a white car. (Black/white is quite 'hard contrast'.)

Hopefully this changes when I finally see the result of the LED on my white GT3 Smiley

Maybe RC can CLARIFY this with some pics Smiley

--

- HS (Belgium)  -  '14 Porsche 991 GT3 (oct build) - '06 BMW 335I Coupe  

Blackened LED lights are rumored to be available at some point.

The light (LED) itself is spectacular, very bright and with PDLS really useful.

--

Thanks! Seems like your satisfied with it. I can't make my opinion yet. Only have seen them turned off. 

Do you think you can get them blackened after they are installed? I think it will look very impressive with the blackened LED's. 

--

- HS (Belgium)  -  '14 Porsche 991 GT3 (oct build) - '06 BMW 335I Coupe  

Here's a picture of the LED DRL at night (on a C2S)

--

Suzy

SuzyF:

Here's a picture of the LED DRL at night (on a C2S)

--

Suzy

Is that available on a C2S already? THought that option was GT3 & Turbo only? Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752860 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430519 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258495 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255417 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868115 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801688 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM