Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: IAA today

Basalt Black on Onyx Black.

Was thinking white, and maybe meteor grey. But realized had I gone with those 2, I will need to shell out extra for exterior carbon bits 

I even thought about cobalt blue. 

In the end I prefer to keep the colour on the car simple, the black interior comes with acid green trims, which matches the acid green calibers and the drop shadow on the model name, choose black over the other colours as I didn't want to add a 3rd colour to the car. 

Black will be fantastic!.....as long as you keep it clean.

I cant wait to see your car. 

Whoopsy:

Basalt Black on Onyx Black.

Was thinking white, and maybe meteor grey. But realized had I gone with those 2, I will need to shell out extra for exterior carbon bits 

I even thought about cobalt blue. 

If you exclude the Liquid Metal Silver which IMO is the default choice, Black is suitable and aggressive if you have your own valeting service Smiley.

Is Onyx a lighter shade compared to Basalt?

White, Meteor and Cobalt are all Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

I think Cobalt would be stunning - but not with the lime green trinkets.

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

reginos:
    If you exclude the Liquid Metal Silver which IMO is the default choice, Black is suitable and aggressive if you have your own valeting service Smiley.

Is Onyx a lighter shade compared to Basalt?

White, Meteor and Cobalt are all Smiley

Onyx is a fancy term from Porsche for basic black leather 

Every spy shot, or normal shot of the 918 that has the standard black interior is the onyx black.

The meteor grey is REALLY REALLY close to the liquid metal silver, it's the 'poor man' choice liquid metal. 

I saw the cobalt blue car in one of the sneak peak factory tour shot, and I think it looks great, but it's doesn't go with the acid green.

So, Onyx is just a name for the black leather!

You, 918 people use a different jargon indecision

--

"Form follows function"

It's Porsche's way of tell us who didn't go for the 26k 'authentic' leather option that we still get something more special than basic black leather.

A good friend has ordered his 918 in GT Silver with black interior, silver stitching and silver calipers...

I also uploaded some pics of the Rhodium Silver GT3 from Frankfurt on the GT3 thread...

If you guys want some special shots taken from the show please let me know. I am still wondering around for a couple of hours.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Pentium:

I also uploaded some pics of the Rhodium Silver GT3 from Frankfurt on the GT3 thread...

If you guys want some special shots taken from the show please let me know. I am still wondering around for a couple of hours.

991 Turbo (the yellow one...side shots).  Smiley

Thank you. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Looks pretty good IMHO.

I like the front air duct side vent (on outside of vent opening) and the Turbo S lettering on the front spoiler when extended downward at speed.  Cool differences between S and Turbo.

Hmm. Visual difference between Turbo and Turbo S are only two(if we count out different wheel design):

-front air duct side vent as you metioned

and

-black exhaust pipes(chrome ones on standard Turbo)

Front spoiler has Turbo lettering on Turbo and Turbo S lettering on Turbo S since both models features active aerodynamics as standard item.

Hi Kreso.  I think we are saying the same thing about the extendable front spoiler.  Turbo has Turbo lettering and Turbo S has Turbo S lettering.  

One more visual difference (please comment if i am wrong) but yellow ceramics are standard on Turbo S, and red steel calipers are standard on Turbo.

Wonderbar:

Hi Kreso.  I think we are saying the same thing about the extendable front spoiler.  Turbo has Turbo lettering and Turbo S has Turbo S lettering.  

One more visual difference (please comment if i am wrong) but yellow ceramics are standard on Turbo S, and red steel calipers are standard on Turbo.

Of course.Smiley

How do you like Sport Classic wheels in Black on Racing Yellow Turbo S?

Pentium:

I would like to see some more photos of the Jaguar new SUV if you don't mind Smiley

Pentium:

I would like to see some photos of the Lamborghini Carbrera if you don't mind. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Kreso, I did not like the black sports classic wheels on the Racing Yellow Turbo S, nor did I like the yellow for the car.  The color and rims IMHO made the car appear bulky, while the white S looked light, precise, clean and "modern"...

The Mercedes press conference at Frankfurt, showing only about half the crowd.  A spectacle, to understate it..DSC02488.jpg

Wonderbar:

Kreso, I did not like the black sports classic wheels on the Racing Yellow Turbo S, nor did I like the yellow for the car.  The color and rims IMHO made the car appear bulky, while the white S looked light, precise, clean and "modern"...

Well, I disagree here. CL rims look pretty pimp-my-ride and aftermarket to my eyes... After I saw Turbo S in person I hate them even more since polished upper surface with shiny black inner color simply do not like right IMHO.  Porsche should choose two color options for CL rims-plain silver and matte platinum.

I will probably go for Rhodium Silver(or GT Silver) exterior with Black Sport Classic rims and Black leather interior. My wife favourite is Sapphire Blue with Black Sport Classic rims, I am not that enthusiastic about it...

KresoF1:
    Wonderbar:

Well, I disagree here. CL rims look pretty pimp-my-ride and aftermarket to my eyes... After I saw Turbo S in person I hate them even more since polished upper surface with shiny black inner color simply do not like right IMHO.  Porsche should choose two color options for CL rims-plain silver and matte platinum.

I will probably go for Rhodium Silver(or GT Silver) exterior with Black Sport Classic rims and Black leather interior. My wife favourite is Sapphire Blue with Black Sport Classic rims, I am not that enthusiastic about it...

GT silver is my favorite Porsche color but unfortunately it is special paint with extra cost.

I like platin silver very much and was my second favorite, but somehow Porsche discontinue the color, what a pity.

I saw rhodium silver in flesh and it looked very much BMW's silverstone color with less blue hue. Rhodium would be a perfect color for GT3 but it looks little cold.

Unfortunately achtgrau is too dark and too much like Ferrari's silverstone. At dark, the color is dull.

It is hard to find the correct color. Therefore we went for antrazitbrown for my father's Cayman. At least, it has 2 color inside.

What is your present ride Kreso?

BTW: I saw achtgrau full leather in flesh on a 991 and it is a fantastic interior color, besides espresso full leather. 2 are absolutely gorgeous color and I would not choose black (actually we choose black alcantara/leather for cayman in standart upholstery because didn't want to pay extra for full leather) for full leather. It is ordinary and boring IMO.

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Onur,

My current daiy driver is Audi A6 3.0BTDI quattro with 313ps. I mentione that already in different thread few weeks ago.

No sportscar currently in my garage at the moment. Local economy is recovering very, very slowly(dispate the fact that my job is going pretty nicelly) and people here like to "see" common cars on the street. But, I will probably go for 991 Turbo S(or even maybe standard Turbo).

Rhodium Silver is pretty nice and I like the way it looks with Sport Classic rims in Black. Or maybe little bit more conservative approach GT Silver exterior with Sport Classic rims in standard GT Silver color? Interior will be Black.

KresoF1:

Onur,

My current daiy driver is Audi A6 3.0BTDI quattro with 313ps. I mentione that already in different thread few weeks ago.

No sportscar currently in my garage at the moment. Local economy is recovering very, very slowly(dispate the fact that my job is going pretty nicelly) and people here like to "see" common cars on the street. But, I will probably go for 991 Turbo S(or even maybe standard Turbo).

Rhodium Silver is pretty nice and I like the way it looks with Sport Classic rims in Black. Or maybe little bit more conservative approach GT Silver exterior with Sport Classic rims in standard GT Silver color? Interior will be Black.

Thanks for the yellow Turbo S photos. Smiley

So have you finally decided to get a 991 Turbo or Turbo S?

I actually like the Turbo S CL rims much more since I've seen them live but I also agree that they would probably look nicer if painted in some sort of satin grey or even black (not sure though, maybe I am going to do a PS job to check on that).

Like Wonderbar said, the Sport Classic rims make the 991 Turbo/S unnecessary "bulky", the rims just don't seem to fit the car.

I love the GT3 rims, Porsche should have offered them for the Turbo/S too, maybe in some sort of design variation but they really look good. What a missed opportunity here...

Speaking of recovering economies in Europe: I really think that now is not the time for exotics in Europe, unless you are a big shot mogul, not having to care too much about friends, family, neighbors and clients. There are lots of Porsche 911 in Germany but I hardly see an exotic (maybe a 430, a 458, a Gallardo or a MP4-12C every couple of months but mainly in the Munich/Starnberg area). The 991 Turbo/S will be quite unique in the beginning because not many cars will go to customers in Europe over the next couple of months. Which means that I am going to drive a very special car without provoking too much unnecessary attention (a Porsche is still a Porsche, not an exotic). This is very "healthy" for the current economic and social environment over here. From my past experience, the "new" 911 Turbo/S is going to stay special for at least two years (until more cars show up on the street) and after three years, the facelift should arrive. So basically you are choosing an exotic without the "in your face" look of an exotic. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Wonderbar:

You forgot the LED front lights. Standard on the Turbo S, optional for the Turbo. The Turbo S is not available with the standard bi-xenon lights, you cannot choose this option (instead of the LED lights).

--

RC:.

I actually like the Turbo S CL rims much more since I've seen them live but I also agree that they would probably look nicer if painted in some sort of satin grey or even black (not sure though, maybe I am going to do a PS job to check on that).

Like Wonderbar said, the Sport Classic rims make the 991 Turbo/S unnecessary "bulky", the rims just don't seem to fit the car.

I love the GT3 rims, Porsche should have offered them for the Turbo/S too, maybe in some sort of design variation but they really look good. What a missed opportunity here...

Speaking of recovering economies in Europe: I really think that now is not the time for exotics in Europe, unless you are a big shot mogul, not having to care too much about friends, family, neighbors and clients. There are lots of Porsche 911 in Germany but I hardly see an exotic (maybe a 430, a 458, a Gallardo or a MP4-12C every couple of months but mainly in the Munich/Starnberg area). The 991 Turbo/S will be quite unique in the beginning because not many cars will go to customers in Europe over the next couple of months. Which means that I am going to drive a very special car without provoking too much unnecessary attention (a Porsche is still a Porsche, not an exotic). This is very "healthy" for the current economic and social environment over here. From my past experience, the "new" 911 Turbo/S is going to stay special for at least two years (until more cars show up on the street) and after three years, the facelift should arrive. So basically you are choosing an exotic without the "in your face" look of an exotic. Smiley

--

I will go for 991 Turbo S.

Still need to figure out what exterior color...Smiley

Black 991 Turbo S with black painted wheels.porsche-991-turbo-s-c253813092013203254_3.jpg

This is preproduction car according to its licence plate.

I spoke directly with my P source-CL Turbo S wheels wont be available in any other color apart from current polished upper surface/inner shiny black scheme. Buyers from USA and Asian markets like that combination very much apparently...

KresoF1:

--

1379263918221image.jpg

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

This last one has UK number plates , so it seems they are some customers cars ( or at least dealer cars ).

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

throt:
     KresoF1:

--

1379263918221image.jpg

Porsche UK do not know how to spec their press cars or indeed experince bad taste. Chrome window surroundings on both Turbo S examples? Or fact that they choose normal exterior mirrors? SmileySmiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802905 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448454 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265990 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89995 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6477 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885517 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832721 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM