Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: "Cajun" is now...MACAN Thread Closed

18537607561530809737.jpg8503860181899158403.jpg5346043561031108897.jpg3049596351400854578.jpg495677039873620050.jpg

--

13782981066221.jpg

--

in order to keep option costs down, you can see that PCCB brakes can be ordered for front onlySmiley

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Yes, and another cheaper option is to order no brakes at the rear.smiley

Spyderidol:

Simply don't brake. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Spyderidol:

There isn't even a proper handbrake, now. It could it be on some help with the new system Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

Rossi:
    Spyderidol:

Braking only slows you down... Smiley  

Looking at your signature, you probably know who said that Smiley

--

I'm just another female petrolhead :)

SuzyF:
    Rossi:
    Spyderidol:

Braking only slows you down... Smiley  

Looking at your signature, you probably know who said that Smiley

Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Porsche Macan Mule Spotted on the 'Ring...

(9 September 2013)

As the Porsche Macan gets closer to its international debut, yet another Porsche CUV prototype has been spotted in the wild. Our spy photographer caught this Porsche Macan lapping the Nürburgring as the automaker seeks to finalize tuning on what could possibly be the Macan Turbo.

Just about the only major difference between this Porsche Macan prototype and the last few we’ve caught are its wheels. Whereas the last Macan was wearing a set of Cayenne “Sport Edition” wheels, this prototype looks to be wearing Porsche’s RS Spyder wheels as it laps the ‘Ring. Peeking out from behind the new wheels are yellow brake calipers, which may signal that this Macan is fitted with Porsche’s Ceramic Composite Brakes. Other than the new set of wheels, the Macan looks identical to the last prototype we spied, down to the headlight and taillight decals – which likely hide slimmed Panamera-style headlights up front, and slim, 911-inspired taillights in back.

The Porsche Macan, based on the Audi Q5, will launch as a four-door, with a two-door Range Rover Evoque-fighter possibly to follow. The Macan could be powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged I-4 making up to 250 hp, with the Macan S getting the 2014 Panamera’s 3.6-liter V-6 making around 310 hp. The Macan Turbo, like the prototype spied here at the Nürburgring, will probably be powered by the Panamera S’ new 3.0-liter 420-hp twin-turbo V-6.

The Porsche Macan could debut as early as this November’s L.A. auto show, with January 2014′s Detroit auto show also a possibility.

Smiley SmileySmiley

Macan Turbo...nice. kiss

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Beautiful, dynamic little thing; can't wait. The countdown is on!

RC - what are the chances of a two-door Macan?

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

rulesdontapply:

rulesdontapply

Right now, I do not see that happen. Audi is rumored to come up with some sort of off-road two-door but I'm not sure if the rumors refer to some sort of Q4/5 variant or something completely new (like the off-road coupe prototype they've shown recently).

Btw: The Macan will be a very nice little smaller sized SUV but don't forget that the Cayenne facelift is due too and Porsche won't disappoint. There will still be a performance and price gap between the Macan and Cayenne, so don't be too excited. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

The Macan in the pictures sits very low to the ground like a hot saloon.

Apparently, it must be at the lowest  setting of its variable suspension. I don't think the Cayenne can go so low when on the move, but only in the parking mode.

--

"Form follows function"

RC:
    rulesdontapply:

rulesdontapply

Right now, I do not see that happen. Audi is rumored to come up with some sort of off-road two-door but I'm not sure if the rumors refer to some sort of Q4/5 variant or something completely new (like the off-road coupe prototype they've shown recently).

Btw: The Macan will be a very nice little smaller sized SUV but don't forget that the Cayenne facelift is due too and Porsche won't disappoint. There will still be a performance and price gap between the Macan and Cayenne, so don't be too excited. Smiley

Oh, I can imagine; I'm expecting the Macan Turbo to have a power level somewhere on par with the current Cayenne S give or take some grunt. I'm speculating that the Macan Turbo S mighty pack something around 420-50 horsepower, which is well below the 500 horsepower figure of the current Cayenne Turbo. Still, the privilege of owning a Turbo S and a hot little engine in a smaller, lighter package... It does make a case for itself. Kind of like the 330-hp 987.2C Cayman R and 345-hp 997.2 Carrera; one is a range-topper and the other a base model, but each has its own cachet despite the difference in output. Smiley

I've been scrutinizing the Cayenne facelift's photos and it looks good from the front so far - in tune with the Panamera facelift with sharper edges on the headlights and the four-dot LEDs - but I'm a bit worried about that backside. I can see Macan-like tail lights with horizontal LED light bars under the stickers and a longer high-level brake light, but the tailgate door looks a little flattened, the back has a squashed look, that lower diffuser looks too plasticky and the tailpipes stick out too far in the same vein as the tailpipes on the Jaguar F-Type V8 S. I think that's what threw the Panamera facelift off for me; all that black plastic at the lower back. Most likely going the same route with the twin-turbo V6 in the S and the addition of the S E-Hybrid so power and efficiency should improve across the range.

rulesdontapply

--

2012 Porsche Cayenne S

reginos:

The Macan in the pictures sits very low to the ground like a hot saloon.

Apparently, it must be at the lowest  setting of its variable suspension. I don't think the Cayenne can go so low when on the move, but only in the parking mode.

All the pics in which the car appears to be very low to the ground are of the "weighted" side of the car on the outside of a fairly tight curve being driven quickly, so that side is just much lower to the ground than the other due to roll. 
    I wouldn't be too quick to put those images down to a variable height suspension necessarily. 

--

fritz

that one doesn't appear to be optioned with PDCC

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Just read that Matthias Mueller has confirmed that the Macan will debut on November 20th with two almost simultaneous launches: one at the Los Angeles Auto Show and one just hours before at the Tokyo Motor Show. Since both shows fall on the same days this year, it seems Porsche is taking advantage of that by launching the car on two separate continents.

Knowing the way these things go, we'll more than likely have a leak in October or the days before the debut. Can't wait!

rulesdontapply

--

2012 Porsche Cayenne S

good news.... I really are up for getting one of those cars - seems to be promising.... lets wait!

RC:

I know I'm a minority here but I'm really hoping for that. For someone looking forward to the time I can own my first Porsche, the entry level segment is very important. 

Enmanuel:
    RC:

I know I'm a minority here but I'm really hoping for that. For someone looking forward to the time I can own my first Porsche, the entry level segment is very important. 

You should be buying a Boxster for a first Porsche, not Macan!

Yep - you should take a sportscar. A Panamera, Cayenne, Macan.... this are cars - without the sports and are not what makes the (IMO) Porsche DNA 

Lars997:

Yep - you should take a sportscar. A Panamera, Cayenne, Macan.... this are cars - without the sports and are not what makes the (IMO) Porsche DNA 

I disagree here. The Panamera...the Cayenne...Porsche developments. The Macan is a different story but still...it will be the sportiest smaller SUV on the market.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I agree with Christian, the Cayenne and Panamera are different from other SUV's and sedans in the same way that Porsche sportscars are different from other sportscars.  Even more really.  They reach performance goals that most other SUV's and sedans don't even aspire to.

GM Austin:

I agree with Christian, the Cayenne and Panamera are different from other SUV's and sedans in the same way that Porsche sportscars are different from other sportscars.  Even more really.  They reach performance goals that most other SUV's and sedans don't even aspire to.

The Cayenne was developed by Porsche engineers at the same time as, and on the same base platform, as the VW Touareg was developed by VW and managed to achieve a different, sportier character. Who's to say that the same can't be achieved with the Macan? 
    I'm sure that that will be what the Macan's development team is aspiring to. 

--

fritz

I actually think that the Macan will sell very well, especially in Europe. I'm also afraid that it will take away customers from the Cayenne but it was expected.

Not sure if I will ever own a Macan though, it depends on the price tag and performance. I would not pay over 100k EUR for a Macan Turbo S, thats for sure.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC

Not sure if I will ever own a Macan though, it depends on the price tag and performance. I would not pay over 100k EUR for a Macan Turbo S, thats for sure.

Agreed 100 %!  

100k buy you a two year old Cayenne turbo with little Kms... For me the Macan Turbo must already have at least 400 hp, otherwise they can forget it! The car will be relatively heavy (1850-1900kg? i guess), so it needs the power, otherwise i will consider something else... (have my eyes on the new Alpina B3 which hopefully I can testdrive soon).  

And the price has to be adequate too, over 100k is a no go for any Macan, I hope for 75-80k for the Turbo plus options...

--

turbolite

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/spy-shots-porsche-macan-caught-testing-in-germany-ar160481.html

They say the turbo will get 370hp. I heard rumors that the Turbo will get 400hp and Turbo S 430hp. Within a month we will know I guess ;)

--

I'm just another female petrolhead :)

Lars997:

Ideally that would be great. But being realistic. The wait is far longer if I have to consider having (for example) a Boxter + a daily driver. The Macan and Cayenne offer the opportunity to have both in one.

In my large metropolitan city, there are small SUVs EVERYWHERE.  BMWs, Hondas, Fords, etc., etc., etc.  If only a portion of this huge market goes for a Macan, Porsche has a phenomenal success.  While i want a large SUV, there is massive demand for smaller SUVs.  

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762049 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435159 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260401 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257477 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80911 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872025 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807392 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM