Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: I fell in love with a 991 Carrera S Cabriolet (short report)

devil Thank you all! smiley

Pictures if the real deal will follow in march!! 

--

I'm just another female petrolhead :)

Hi Suzy! I have a C4S too and if you don't mind one little suggestion: are you sure about the chrome strip around the side windows? I really think that a black one will work better with your color combination...

I've seen both strips in real life, the black and the chrome and maybe with the exception of the dark blue the black strip was looking better in real life...

Anyway, it doesn't matter that much... It's important that you like it! Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

from the render - looks like chrome would look better than black? harmony with the wheels...

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

Pentium:

Hi Suzy! I have a C4S too and if you don't mind one little suggestion: are you sure about the chrome strip around the side windows? I really think that a black one will work better with your color combination...

I've seen both strips in real life, the black and the chrome and maybe with the exception of the dark blue the black strip was looking better in real life...

Anyway, it doesn't matter that much... It's important that you like it! Smiley

The chrome trim and the Carrera Classic wheels were for me the only things that I was 200% sure of. I want my car to have a classic look, rather than the sporty look. I think the chrome trim gives the 991 its classic 911-look. It's a signature design element of the classic 911. Especially the shape of the rear side windows and the chrome trim gives it that extra accent. That's also the reason why I wanted the Carrera Classic wheels, they suit the classic look best IMO. 

On a GT3 for example I would never want that chrome trim. On a "sporty", flashy color like Guards red or Racing yellow I would also chose the black trim and for that matter also different wheels. (carrera S in platinum for example)

That's the most beautiful thing about the 911... there's one for every taste!

Edit:
    If I wanted a more sporty look, then it would have probably looked like this:

--

Many congrats Suzy, you've chosen a perfect car. I had a seal grey/cocoa 997 and it looked beautiful. kiss

March 2014 is still some time to go, I guess it will be a looong winter, but it will be followed by a fantastic spring. blush

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

OK. Understood.

I had exactly the same idea as you but in the end I went for the black trim after seeing both trims with these wheels. Hard to say why... probably because the exterior color I picked...

See here my old thread: http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/20477238/My_991_C4S/page1.html

--

1377927117509image.jpg

--

That's a beautiful car! On silver colors the trim is not as noticable as on darker colors, so I understand why you didn't choose it. Although a friend of mine has a Gt-Silver C4S and he does have the trim with the classic wheels. It both looks good. Smiley

That said... C4S always looks good! No matter what color or wheels Smiley

--

Agreed. Can't wait to see pictures of your C4S too :)

Maybe we will have a Rennteam meeting someday in Europe...
    --

SuzyF:

That's a beautiful car! On silver colors the trim is not as noticable as on darker colors, so I understand why you didn't choose it. Although a friend of mine has a Gt-Silver C4S and he does have the trim with the classic wheels. It both looks good. Smiley

Hi Suzy!

The other thing I would consider is the Sport Design mirrors. The standard ones look quite bulky to me. They will be available from week 45/2013 which is well within your schedule.

--

"Form follows function"

Pentium:

I would like to suggest Lake Garda (see photo) in Italy for such a meet-up. Excellent roads, excellent weather, excellent (low) prices, good hotels with safe parking and people who don't hate sports cars. Also it is pretty much accessible from all directions of Europe.

Organizing such a thing can be a bitch, so maybe we should schedule some sort of individual meet-up with some suggestions of hotel and meeting point.

Summer would be best, in August there are temperatures around 30-35°C around Lake Garda, so we could have a lot of fun.

Speaking of the chrome frame Pentium mentioned: I didn't pay attention well enough. Yes, I agree...black would look sportier but if someone wants a classic look, chrome is the way to go.

@SuzyF: Stupid question for you. Why don't you get a 991 Carrera 4S Cabriolet and sell the Boxster? Does it make sense to keep two Porsche in your garage? Just curious.

Trentino-Lake-Gard_2163169b.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

That's not a stupid question RC, that's actually a good question....

I did consider a cab, but I don't like the looks as much as I like the coupe. Originally planned to order my car earlier with delivery somewhere around the end of oktober, but decided to postpone the delivery to march, because of the winter and the fact that we aren't at home from november untill end of december. Also, the build of our new house will not be completely finished before march. 

The Boxster wasn't planned, but I saw the car at my dealership and it immediately got my attention. It had only 2500km and looked really nice. So I drove it, fell in love and impulsively bought it as an interim car for this summer, just to have some fun. The fact is, that I like the car so much, that I actually want to keep the car and let my girlfriend drive it instead of her A3 (she only drives 7000-10000km/y). So it does make a little bit sense to keep both cars ;)  (at least for me it does haha)

--

reginos:
    SuzyF:

Hi Suzy!

The other thing I would consider is the Sport Design mirrors. The standard ones look quite bulky to me. They will be available from week 45/2013 which is well within your schedule.

They are already on the build ;) if you look at the renders, there are the Sport Design mirrors. One of the benefits of postponing my delivery Smiley

--

Congrats on a very elegant and classy spec SuzyF. +1 on the chrome trim around the windows, look very good. The Stone grey colour was a new one to me and it really looks the business! The only addition I would add is probably the sunroof in glass, but you maybe don't like the blacked out roof?

Thanks!Smiley

I like the look of the glass sunroof, especially on light colors like white, but I would probably never use it and I think I like the clean roof without any lines better. Smiley Ohw and the 3130 swiss francs of the glass sunroof buys me almost all of the deviated stitching Smiley

--

Very subtle and tastefull car,reminds me of 50year anniversary edition

Congrats Suzy great configuration,and like how you take decisions! kiss

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo

RC:
    Pentium:

I would like to suggest Lake Garda (see photo) in Italy for such a meet-up. Excellent roads, excellent weather, excellent (low) prices, good hotels with safe parking and people who don't hate sports cars. Also it is pretty much accessible from all directions of Europe.

Organizing such a thing can be a bitch, so maybe we should schedule some sort of individual meet-up with some suggestions of hotel and meeting point.

Summer would be best, in August there are temperatures around 30-35°C around Lake Garda, so we could have a lot of fun.

Speaking of the chrome frame Pentium mentioned: I didn't pay attention well enough. Yes, I agree...black would look sportier but if someone wants a classic look, chrome is the way to go.

@SuzyF: Stupid question for you. Why don't you get a 991 Carrera 4S Cabriolet and sell the Boxster? Does it make sense to keep two Porsche in your garage? Just curious.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Wow! We're there every year , also next year, from 21/7 till 6/8 at portese (san felice del benaco) , and truly, the roads in the mountains around the lake are georgeous! Twisty, quiet, great views, only the very south is busy trafficwise. thepart north of Salo and on the other side north of Garda are ideal for rennteam roads :-)

P's are goodlooking at lake garda!

--

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab

Audi R8  //  Audi A6 3.0 biturbo Quattro/ RR 4.4i

SuzyF:
    reginos:
    SuzyF:

Hi Suzy!

They are already on the build ;) if you look at the renders, there are the Sport Design mirrors. One of the benefits of postponing my delivery Smiley

Now I see them! . I concentrated too much of the other tasteful features and somehow missed those 

--

"Form follows function"

SuzyF:

I did consider a cab, but I don't like the looks as much as I like the coupe. Originally planned to order my car earlier with delivery somewhere around the end of oktober, but decided to postpone the delivery to march, because of the winter and the fact that we aren't at home from november untill end of december. Also, the build of our new house will not be completely finished before march. 

The Boxster wasn't planned, but I saw the car at my dealership and it immediately got my attention. It had only 2500km and looked really nice. So I drove it, fell in love and impulsively bought it as an interim car for this summer, just to have some fun. The fact is, that I like the car so much, that I actually want to keep the car and let my girlfriend drive it instead of her A3 (she only drives 7000-10000km/y). So it does make a little bit sense to keep both cars ;)  (at least for me it does haha)

Have you thought about the new Targa model too? If I was looking for a 911 now I would wait at least to see it...

--

Pentium:
    SuzyF:

Have you thought about the new Targa model too? If I was looking for a 911 now I would wait at least to see it...

I've also been waiting for it, but lost my patience. Smiley Decided last march that I wanted a Carrera and not wait for the Targa. With all that thinking about the color and all, I end up getting the car a year after I started looking for it, so it maybe would've made sense to wait for the Targa. On the other hand...  We've got room for 4 cars in the garage... So when I get my 991, there's still one empty spot left Smiley

--

beltar:
    RC:
    Pentium:

--

Wow! We're there every year , also next year, from 21/7 till 6/8 at portese (san felice del benaco) , and truly, the roads in the mountains around the lake are georgeous! Twisty, quiet, great views, only the very south is busy trafficwise. thepart north of Salo and on the other side north of Garda are ideal for rennteam roads :-)

P's are goodlooking at lake garda!

Very nice photos, thanks.

Yes, very nice spot for sports cars. The roads, the nature and everything else is just perfect. Italian police can be a pain in the a.. though but if you don't exaggerate, they are quite OK (at least this has been my experience so far...not that it couldn't change). Never got a ticket in Italy, always apologized, always worked but I also have to admit that I've never been pulled over for something really serious (like doing 150 in a 60 zone).

--

The solution to the problem is a RUF 3800 S ..... 420 PS....solves all issues...big fun and no more boxster not having enough poke.....Smiley

Very nice car indeed that RUF 3800S... But it's GT3 money... Smiley It costs twice as much as a Boxster S. Smiley

--

It would also still be a...Boxster. angry

For GT3-like performance in a Cab, I would get a 991 Turbo S Cab with UHP tires and let Mr. Lieb from RUF do his chassis setup magic.  Better than any Boxster on this planet but of course we are talking serious money here.

--

Porsche need to introduce a special Boxster/Cayman model (more power and sophisticated rear axle) AND to race it, if they wish these models to gain respectability by the market at large. 

The 924 became respectable once the 924 Carrera GT, GTS were introduced and the GTR did well in Le Mans. These models  and the 944 Turbo never harmed the 911, so why the reservations now? Porsche have a diamond which they are not willing to process further.

--

"Form follows function"

1378585688748pics for Charles 051.jpg  

This is my 996 powered boxster S...parts courtesy of Techart, Gemballa and the engine swap I purchased the engine and kit from "fast" willy over at FVD....Mr. oh ja it plugs right in...RIIIght ....anyway your thinking is right on looking for GT3 convertible .... I am thinking though of a 991 C4S with powerkit or if I really cant control myself....give in (which from an image it would be like  Darth Vader telling Luke that he is in fact his son...and luke screaming NOOOOO) ....anyhow I tried one of Rufs supercharged 996s C4s cars that my friend modified the suspension on and man that thing was smooth and smoked a turbo of the same year.....As a value proposition ...its not there --but as something that I am hoping would really be a hoot...that is a convertible with two trunks...cost of the car imported and taxes paid in the US is $162,000 which what I want on it...turbo S here is $188,000 and C4S cabriolet will be $150,000....

Not sure what Porsche's plans are for the future of the Boxster but I do not see anything related to professional racing in it. Maybe for the Cayman but even here, not sure how important the Cayman is for Porsche.

Keep in mind that the rigidity of the Boxster body isn't really made for racing and I'm also not so sure on how much more power the Boxster can "take" in it's current development stage. That said, I just don't see the sense in making a much more powerful Boxster for a very limited number of possible customers. 

--

reginos:

Porsche need to introduce a special Boxster/Cayman model (more power and sophisticated rear axle) AND to race it, if they wish these models to gain respectability by the market at large. 

The 924 became respectable once the 924 Carrera GT, GTS were introduced and the GTR did well in Le Mans. These models  and the 944 Turbo never harmed the 911, so why the reservations now? Porsche have a diamond which they are not willing to process further.

There weren't too many variants of the 911 then, now the list is long and Porsche is still milking the cow. I reckon that this is the main reason there won't be a 960, it will have an adverse effect on 911 sales

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689513 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409199 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255721 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234975 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65522 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857947 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773998 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM