Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Time for a little poll: Do you like the 997 TT look?

Yeah right

Just curious

Why are you hanging around this board? Everyone agrees that the C6Z is the best performance bang for the buck. But it's not the best overall performance car - that car is the one that you cannot afford, the 997tt.

BTW, I wouldn't drive a C6Z or any Corvette if they gave it to me, but I wouldn't waste the time to post that on Corvette boards.

Re: Just curious

Quote:
    Alan(NJ) said:
    Why are you hanging around this board? Everyone agrees that the C6Z is the best performance bang for the buck. But it's not the best overall performance car - that car is the one that you cannot afford, the 997tt.

BTW, I wouldn't drive a C6Z or any Corvette if they gave it to me, but I wouldn't waste the time to post that on Corvette boards.

I am just delighted to hear that you are familiar with my financial situation, and know what I can and cannot afford. Yes, there are cars that I cannot afford to write a check for, (which I usually do), but the 997TT is not one of them. I would like to be in the position to write a check for a new EB16 Veyron, but, unfortunately, I cannot.
    Such is life.

Thats almost as big a jump as going from a honda to a 997TT... maybe bigger

I still don't believe you wouldnt drive the 997TT if it was given to you. Just think it might be more fun than driving a ZO6 and posting on the TT board!

Quote:
    rhino said:
    I still don't believe you wouldnt drive the 997TT if it was given to you. Just think it might be more fun than driving a ZO6 and posting on the TT board!

What is it that you don't comprehend...I have owned every make of German car, including 911's. My buddy has an 05 996TTS that I drive quite often, for we are together on runs (on straight-a-ways and on twisty canyons)and switch cars for the fun of it. I am just saying that driving the Z, for me, is far more enjoyable and thrilling experience, and I am not talking about bang-for-the-buck, either. My question is to those of you who have come to some of your conclusions abut P-Car vs Z06, have you owned or extensivily driven the new Z? If you have, feel free to chime in...if not, stay away!

So you drive it if borrowed but not if given...nice
    I tried to test drive a ZO6 last week but the dealership was charging 10grand over sticker and they would only let me drive it if I bought it, and said I could return it if I didnt like. Talk about a hussler. In all honesty I liked a red one they had. They also had a black and a yellow one. The reds interior wasnt that bad, but when I looked towards the rear to check out the visibilty I noticed the crappy finish of the rug in the Hatch. I still might have bought the red one knowing how fast they are but not for 10grand over sticker.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    So you drive it if borrowed but not if given...nice
    I tried to test drive a ZO6 last week but the dealership was charging 10grand over sticker and they would only let me drive it if I bought it, and said I could return it if I didnt like. Talk about a hussler. In all honesty I liked a red one they had. They also had a black and a yellow one. The reds interior wasnt that bad, but when I looked towards the rear to check out the visibilty I noticed the crappy finish of the rug in the Hatch. I still might have bought the red one knowing how fast they are but not for 10grand over sticker.

Did you ever think that the reason we swopped cars was because my buddy wanted to drive the new Z??? As I said before, I have owned and driven P-Cars. I just don't like them. So be it. And when the 997TT hits the dealers, if you think they will be selling at sticker, you must be dreaming. When the 996TT first came out, dealers were getting 30K over here in LA. It's the law of supply and demand. I would pay 10k over for a new Z06 in a heartbeat!
    (I did pay 5K over...I got lucky!). 10K over is 80K, and look what 80K gets you in comparison to what a new 997TT will sticker for. Yes, the carpet may be a bit nicer in the 997TT, but I can live without the nicer carpet in exchange for all the Z has to offer over the 997TT. And as far as the test drive goes, there will only be 6000-7000 Z06's built per year...they are very much in demand...the last thing I want is to buy one that some dude drove on a test drive. I was lucky enough to test drive one frm a dealer (not the one I bought), so I can speak first hand about how cars are test driven!!!

Now that you have told us

that you are rich and that you have buddies, please answer the fundamenntal question.

WHY DO YOU NEED TO BE A TROLL?

You have nothing to say and nothing of interest here

This was a thread 'bout the TT's looks, not your Corvette, ffs...

Sheesh... Wtf happened, did rennteam turn into a Z06 forum?

Seriously, I don't understand the mods. They are quick to pinch me when i'm too rude, but when the whole forum goes to sh*t because of the bleeping Z06 infesting every thread, they just let it fly...

Hmmm...I feel an urge to be rude towards certain Z trolls

the trolls have certainly arrived, Mar 2006

Quote:
    brunner said:
    This was a thread 'bout the TT's looks, not your Corvette, ffs...

Sheesh... Wtf happened, did rennteam turn into a Z06 forum?

Seriously, I don't understand the mods. They are quick to pinch me when i'm too rude, but when the whole forum goes to sh*t because of the bleeping Z06 infesting every thread, they just let it fly...

Hmmm...I feel an urge to be rude towards certain Z trolls

How can you dudes be so thin skinned? I never mentioned the Z when I responded to the post..I simply said that I did not like the looks of the 997TT and that I would not want one. There are plenty of P-Car folks on the Corvette Z06 forums and they and their comments are welcome. Even if some are one-sided. If you don't like a post or thread, pass it by. And if you want to be rude...bring it on...I can handle it...for this is all in good fun...don't you know that!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    3. how many of those who voted "for" the 997tt looks...

C. people who already ordered a 997tt just want to "prove themselves right" for going for the Turbo
    (or better said: they try to fool themselves that they like it, to persuade themselves they didn't make a mistake...a psychological thing ).

Well, words of wisdom (I wonder where they come from )...of course... But you shouldn't leave out those who really like the looks of this car.
    I also wonder how a 911 Turbo should look alike...like a Ferrari?!

Quote:
    RC said:
    Maybe I should add two additional questions to this poll:

1. how many of those who voted "against" the 997 TT look have seen this car live in person?
    2. how many of those who voted "against" the 997 TT look actually considered buying one in the very near future before the first pictures have been shown?

I can't hide the feeling that
    A. people are "voting" based on pictures and gossip only
    B. people who actually already have a Porsche and didn't consider buying a 997 Turbo in the near future, just want to "prove themselves right" not going for the Turbo (or better said: they try to fool themselves that they don't like it, so they don't "desire" it...a psychological thing ).

1. I've seen the car at the Geneva show and I was greatly disapointed, even my wife who is a die hard fan of the 911 thought that the car was hideous.

2. I was going to upgrade from my current 997S convertable to the TT convertable as soon as it comes out but not anymore.

I personaly belive that Porsche blew it with the new TT from a style point of view, the only saving grace would come from its performance and I have doubts on that as well.

I dont agree with your comment on "psychological" convincing. I believe that, when it comes to sports cars, the heart should make the decision and no convincing should be involved in it; if you dont fall in love with the car just walk away.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    How can you dudes be so thin skinned?

I find it hard to believe that you've reached a point in your life professionally to have the means to own a Porsche and yet you like to call people "dudes".

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    How can you dudes be so thin skinned?

I find it hard to believe that you've reached a point in your life professionally to have the means to own a Porsche and yet you like to call people "dudes".

I could not care less what you believe and do not believe, dude.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    I am just delighted to hear that you are familiar with my financial situation, and know what I can and cannot afford. Yes, there are cars that I cannot afford to write a check for, (which I usually do), but the 997TT is not one of them. I would like to be in the position to write a check for a new EB16 Veyron, but, unfortunately, I cannot.
    Such is life.

If you could really afford a 997TT, I don't see why you would get the Z06 INSTEAD. If you liked the Z06 so much, you would get it on top of a 997TT (maybe convertible)...

What people don't understand is your persistence on saying the Z06 is the car to have over any Porsche, like you desperatly need to justify yourself.

The Z06 is a great car for the money, just not in the same league of the 997TT.

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Such is life.

If you could really afford a 997TT, I don't see why you would get the Z06 INSTEAD. If you liked the Z06 so much, you would get it on top of a 997TT (maybe convertible)...

What people don't understand is your persistence on saying the Z06 is the car to have over any Porsche, like you desperatly need to justify yourself.

The Z06 is a great car for the money, just not in the same league of the 997TT.

What is it that you don't understand about what I said earlier. Is it your ego that governs your thoughts and makes you believe that because P-Car Turbo is almost twice the cost of a Z, or because the P-Car is German, the Z is just not in the same league? And you honestly believe that if someone is driving a Z they cannot afford a Turbo Porsche. Are you really that egotistical, or just dense?
    So let me say it one more time! I have owned Porsches!
    I have driven my friends 05 996TTS convertible. I'm sure it is a fine car. I JUST DO NOT LIKE PORSCHES!!! I do not find them particularly attractive. I like the experience of driving the Z far more than the Porsche. The Vette is far more reliable, easier, quicker and less costly to service, more comfortable for me, and, in MY experience, better built. YES...better built! I have owned 7 Vettes with ZERO problems. My 911 was ALWAYS in the shop. My Z06 gets better mileage than the Turbo Porsche. I think that the technology that has gone into the new Z is far superior to that in a Porsche. But I do not fault anyone who buys any Porsche over any Corvette. It is a matter of choice. But PLEASE don't give me that BS about who can afford what, and about an American Chevy not being in the same league as a German P-Car! I speak from experience, not from conjecture! Go drive an 06 Z06 for a while, then speak your piece!!!

So you are a hair away from saying that over a thousand people a year that buy 911 turbo (or 10,000 people for other variants of 911) are idiots, knowing that to get that kind of money you have to have some kind of professional work...

Quote:
    And you honestly believe that if someone is driving a Z they cannot afford a Turbo Porsche. Are you really that egotistical, or just dense?

I am certain there are plenty of people confortable buying a $70,000 car who would not be with a $135,000 car, no one can argue otherwise.

Quote:
    I JUST DO NOT LIKE PORSCHES!!!

I don't like bananas, I don't spend 30+ minutes a day telling people not to eat bananas or how great pears are...

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Are you really that egotistical, or just dense?
    So let me say it one more time! I have owned Porsches!
    I have driven my friends 05 996TTS convertible. I'm sure it is a fine car. I JUST DO NOT LIKE PORSCHES!!! I do not find them particularly attractive.

So, you have owned Porsches, yet you do not like Porsches?

And why do you continue to post your views about the Z06 on the Porsche 997TT section of this forum? Nobody cares.

BTW, I'm a former Corvette owner and am proud of GM for putting the current product together. Like most former Corvette owners on this board, we've been there and have moved up to being Porsche owners. We're very unlikely to be going back to the Corvette. So you have to realize that the posters here in this 997TT section aren't really interested in the Z06. If they were, they would also be on the Sportscar section. That's a more appropriate place to be as pro-Z06 as you want. Likewise, any pro-997TT fans shouldn't be in the Sportscar section bad-mouthing the Z06.

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    So you are a hair away from saying that over a thousand people a year that buy 911 turbo (or 10,000 people for other variants of 911) are idiots, knowing that to get that kind of money you have to have some kind of professional work...

Quote:
    And you honestly believe that if someone is driving a Z they cannot afford a Turbo Porsche. Are you really that egotistical, or just dense?

I am certain there are plenty of people confortable buying a $70,000 car who would not be with a $135,000 car, no one can argue otherwise.

Quote:
    I JUST DO NOT LIKE PORSCHES!!!

I don't like bananas, I don't spend 30+ minutes a day telling people not to eat bananas or how great pears are...

SciFrog...you really seem to have a thing about money...and seem quite impressed with it. Furthermore, you also have a problem with comprehension...did I ever, in any thread, tell anyone NOT to buy a Porsche? Finally, you do give off the impression that you are quite enamored with the Porsche Turbo..my questions is....do you currently own a 911 turbo?

Hey guys, does it really need to get that personal??

Isn't there room for 2 fine cars and passion without throwing 'mud' around??

Quote:
    john999s said:

It seems that every Z06 thread ends up getting personal and its getting tiresome.

We talk about lots of cars with fans of other cars interviening but those threads that involve the Z06 somehow turn to highjacking and trash, and the topic of them is getting to be like a plague in which we are simply not interested in.

Were I'm getting at is what Alan so nicely put it:

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:Like most former Corvette owners on this board, we've been there and have moved up to being Porsche owners. We're very unlikely to be going back to the Corvette. So you have to realize that the posters here in this 997TT section aren't really interested in the Z06.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Maybe I should add two additional questions to this poll:

1. how many of those who voted "against" the 997 TT look have seen this car live in person?
    2. how many of those who voted "against" the 997 TT look actually considered buying one in the very near future before the first pictures have been shown?

I can't hide the feeling that
    A. people are "voting" based on pictures and gossip only
    B. people who actually already have a Porsche and didn't consider buying a 997 Turbo in the near future, just want to "prove themselves right" not going for the Turbo (or better said: they try to fool themselves that they don't like it, so they don't "desire" it...a psychological thing ).

1. I voted based on pictures only, for I have not seen one in person.

2. I would not own one if you gave it to me.

You don't mean that people shouldn't buy a 997TT? Come on...

About money, I am just relating to 95% of the people here when making a choice with that kind of purchase.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    john999s said:

It seems that every Z06 thread ends up getting personal and its getting tiresome.

We talk about lots of cars with fans of other cars interviening but those threads that involve the Z06 somehow turn to highjacking and trash, and the topic of them is getting to be like a plague in which we are simply not interested in.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:Like most former Corvette owners on this board, we've been there and have moved up to being Porsche owners. We're very unlikely to be going back to the Corvette. So you have to realize that the posters here in this 997TT section aren't really interested in the Z06.

Yes...Alan did put it so nicely..."Like most former Corvette owners on this board, we've been there and have moved up to being Porsche owners." This is exactly the attitude the gives Porsche owners the moniker that so many have. You have 'Moved up" to a Porsche from a Vette. I hope you are enjoying your newly-found status. I guess the
    long-running joke about the porcupine and the Porsche driver
    holds true for some members of this board.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    john999s said:

Quote:

Yes...Alan did put it so nicely..."Like most former Corvette owners on this board, we've been there and have moved up to being Porsche owners." This is exactly the attitude the gives Porsche owners the moniker that so many have. You have 'Moved up" to a Porsche from a Vette. I hope you are enjoying your newly-found status. I guess the

And the old stereotype about Vette owners being hicks and pimps also holds true, all we need to do is look at your posts.
    Your tone is hostile and you seem to harbor resentment against people who prefer cars that are mor expensive than your Corvette.
    Grow up and stop calling people "dude" and flaming them for gaving better cars than yours. This isn't a Honda board, for Christ sake! Had it not been for Mr. 95jersey, I'd have thought that all Corvette owners are as arrogant and self-centered as you are.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    john999s said:

Quote:

And the old stereotype about Vette owners being hicks and pimps also holds true, all we need to do is look at your posts.
    Your tone is hostile and you seem to harbor resentment against people who prefer cars that are mor expensive than your Corvette.
    Grow up and stop calling people "dude" and flaming them for gaving better cars than yours. This isn't a Honda board, for Christ sake! Had it not been for Mr. 95jersey, I'd have thought that all Corvette owners are as arrogant and self-centered as you are.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    john999s said:

Quote:

So now you are looking down your nose at Hondas! It so happens that there are many cars for which I have a passion that sell for more and sell for less that a Corvette...Examples: Ferrari, Lambo, NSX, Mustang, Saturn Sky, Pontiac Solstice, Bentley Continental GT, just to name a few. So, unlike some of you dudes, I don't look down my nose ant anyone, no matter what they drive, and I could not care less about their financial situation! I never brought up the subject of money or one car being better because it is "more expensive"!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775402 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440698 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262250 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260470 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84910 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5448 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879745 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814671 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM