Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: The real SPORTSCAR

nice pics, those zo6's are real tempting.

here what i think

I'm gonna buy z06 sometime later this year, and its gonna be my 1st American car, before that i had ML55, 05 E55, ETC.

the only reason im buying it is coz its so god damn fast, it handles amazing, stock it runs 11.4 stock everyting and 11.01 with only ECU headers. and I Dont care that is has cheap interrior in fact, im gonna take out the front seats and put sparco ones. and if i wont be satisfied with interrior im gonna take it to the shop and they gonna cover it with leather.

I also considered 02 996tt but Z06 is just lighter and ready for the track or any kind of racing from factory, and it is very easy to upgrade to 500rwhp with simple mods plus you get a better milage.

Bottom line z06 is for people who just want performance out of it.

Very few people would get 11.4 in the C6 Z06. 11.7/11.8 would be more normal. Still plenty fast but not 11.40. Just my 2 cents

Congrats on the new Z, I love mine as well. Is yours one of the first in Germany??

yes it's one of the first over here. I am very lucky with it.The best i've ever driven

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    i really respect this car for what it is. but why do all american cars bar the ford gt lack sophistication ?
    why do the interiors have to be so cheap and crappy ?
    why all those overized buttons ?
    why do they rattle shake and roll after a couple of thousand miles ?
    why do the have absolutely no resale value....

I've had a few Corvettes, but when I got the C5 (Z06) it was like no other vette I had ever driven. It was tight. I will say that the C4's were horrible in that even driving them off the showroom floor they could rattle. Mine is now 5 years old and not a single rattle. The C5 platform (basically the same as the C6, barring the Z06) has come a long way in design. If you are interested in a C6, I can tell you,that they absolutely do NOT rattle. I have sat in 80K+ mile C5's with no rattles.

Also, the interior...yes it's not a 745, but think about what your getting for the price. If I put a top notch interior in the car and charge another $20k, what purpose would that serve? It would be nothing more than another high price European car that only 8% of the population can afford.

When once speaks about an ELISE, do they complain about the interior? No, they talk about the increadible performance attributes of the vehicle. I would look at the Corvette in a similar way...don't get caught up on the interior or plastics...buy it because it is faster than many $200k cars and that is very cool.

Quote:
    F355 said:
    yes it's one of the first over here. I am very lucky with it.The best i've ever driven

You're a lucky man then, I had to wait forever for mine and I live here in the states.

Another update from the weekend:
    WHAT A CAR!!!!!!!!!! I saw it driving for the first time. It really does look more exotic than I ever thought possible. The rear window is really small and the curves (fender flares) are SWEET!!! Driving slowly with the FAT gray wheels looks incredible! The car handles UNBELIEVABLY! I was really able to push it on a couple of turns and the car was alive. I could really feel all the pent-up energy from the chassis. This car is STIFF! The feel of the steering is really much better when you push the car HARD! You really need to be patient with the gas coming out of the turn. You can feel how effortless the engine wants to move the car and I'm still not finished breaking in the engine yet! All in all, I'm really impressed.
    No rattles at all. Quality still really good. Some orangepeel with the paint, but no worse than the BMW.

it's a waste of money.. you'll enjoy it only the first year, and then it's another american muscle car nothing special about it

it's a waste of money.. you'll enjoy it only the first year, and then it's another american muscle car nothing special about it

Have you driven one? Have you even seen one? The last time I checked the base Corvette was rated higher than the 997 Carrera by CarandDriver and MotorTrend just picked the Z and Vantage over the Carrera S. I wonder do you even have a 996 or are you a wannabe? Nice anime avatar by the way.

yes, I'm a 996 owner I know friends who drive c6 and c5 those cars have cheap interior and they don't last. they all suck they squeek make rattle noises they look nice and neat only first year and they fall apart after that.
    have a look at my porsche .. injoy!!

another good one

i love showing off my car

Very nice picture of a replica sports car.

Too bad you cant put racing tyres on it and drive it on track - oil starvation will kill it. So keep taking pictures, thats as far as it can go. If it was a real sports car you could actually use it as a sports car instead of a model for for photography.

ohh.. the real sportcar

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Too bad you cant put racing tyres on it and drive it on track - oil starvation will kill it. So keep taking pictures, thats as far as it can go. If it was a real sports car you could actually use it as a sports car instead of a model for for photography.

acually oil is really cheap here.. and i use this car for daily driving, i really enjoy it
    i own other cars also for other driving pleasure, I usually race boats so not really interesting in car racing, maybe when i recieve my new 997 GT3 i will .
    I don't want you guys getting pissed off , I just don't think the corvette is all that!! you guys act like a sales men why americans don't understand quality ***** five stars.
    the rating by the magazines you talked about is only american magazines who's trying to market their products.. again , sorry don't get pissed off like that duuuude

What he meant was the "regular" porsche does not even have a dry sump lubrication like the Z06 does. For that you must but a GT3,997tt or GT.

Quote:
    996AD said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

acually oil is really cheap here.. and i use this car for daily driving, i really enjoy it
    i own other cars also for other driving pleasure, I usually race boats so not really interesting in car racing, maybe when i recieve my new 997 GT3 i will .
    I don't want you guys getting pissed off , I just don't think the corvette is all that!! you guys act like a sales men why americans don't understand quality ***** five stars.
    the rating by the magazines you talked about is only american magazines who's trying to market their products.. again , sorry don't get pissed off like that duuuude

Didn't Auto Motor Und Sport give the Z their highest rating? So the top American Car Magazines + top German Car Magazine = You don't know what you're talking about. If you didn't want to offend anyone you wouldn't have said A) The corvette is cheap looking and B) The corvette is a muscle car (which shows ignorance). I myself really like 911s, and my mom even has one. I like to broaden my horizons instead of looking down my nose at cars other than the one I own.

Here is MY ride.

Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    996AD said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Didn't Auto Motor Und Sport give the Z their highest rating? So the top American Car Magazines + top German Car Magazine = You don't know what you're talking about. If you didn't want to offend anyone you wouldn't have said A) The corvette is cheap looking and B) The corvette is a muscle car (which shows ignorance). I myself really like 911s, and my mom even has one. I like to broaden my horizons instead of looking down my nose at cars other than the one I own.

Here is MY ride.

I'm not ignorant, and i do not judge the book by looking at the cover. But you guys talking about the corvette like it is an exotic car. . its not!!
    I read alot about the new Z6, I know it has made good records.. but when you drive it , it doesn't give you the feel of exotic luxury super car or anything.. it's just big 7.0L engine.
    I have owned and driven many exotic cars, first car i got as a gift for my license was 560SEC. so, I think i have a good experiance in quality build cars.
    I know many younger boys drive Z5 around and i know they are fast . but you hear noises coming out of the car like rattles and brake squeeks it just sound bad, it's luminas big brother.
    never really cared to look at it, but I will stop by the showroom soon and test drive one

first car i got as a gift for my license was 560SEC.

That tells me everything I need to know

what are you talking about ?? if you have nothing to say don't show up like that just to wave and say blah blah blah.
    man, I lived in USA 6 years never understood americans and what they want.

Quote:
    996AD said:
    Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    996AD said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Here is MY ride.

I'm not ignorant, and i do not judge the book by looking at the cover. But you guys talking about the corvette like it is an exotic car. . its not!!
    I read alot about the new Z6, I know it has made good records.. but when you drive it , it doesn't give you the feel of exotic luxury super car or anything.. it's just big 7.0L engine.
    I have owned and driven many exotic cars, first car i got as a gift for my license was 560SEC. so, I think i have a good experiance in quality build cars.
    I know many younger boys drive Z5 around and i know they are fast . but you hear noises coming out of the car like rattles and brake squeeks it just sound bad, it's luminas big brother.
    never really cared to look at it, but I will stop by the showroom soon and test drive one

And the 911 Carrera is an exotic luxury sports car??? Are you serious? The 911 has been around for forever and compared to cars made by Lamborghini and Ferrari is in relative abundance especially here in the US (both my mom and one of my friends have one). The Z hasn't even been out for a year so where in the world do you get that its a run of the mill car. I assume you live in Europe, so have you even seen a Z on the road? Z's are hard to come by HERE much less Europe, in fact the only one I've ever seen is my own. So in reality a Z IS an exotic luxury sports car in your homeland because less than 200 are going to the entire continent.

So I'll reiterate that the C6 Z is NOT the C5 Z that you so plainly call cheap. But I'd venture a guess that you'd call the Ford GT cheap as well. Good luck finding a Z to test drive by the way, almost all dealerships that actually have a Z that isn't spoken for won't let people climb in them let alone drive them. I did hear of one dealer saying he'd take the guy out in the car himself though. But yeah, good luck finding a dealer in Europe that will let you take one out. If you do, remember your words so you can eat them later.

LOL i swear you're killing me ..
    do you want me to show you the corvette show room in my city?
    it's parked side by side with all chivys and trucks I SWEAR .. they're even giving promosion to test drive and take a gift
    I will take some photos.. and i will take photos today of many Z5s driving around with mustangs and civics

I guess in the Anime kingdom there is no owner who has ever had a 996 or recent Benz with squeeks, rattles or oil leaking from where it shouldnt. Sure!

There is no direct correlation between Alcantara trim and performance. Sorry but in my neighborhood Artic Silver 996's are as common as road signs. If you want to go near the word exotic drive something.

Fast cars are fast cars. Exotic cars are a completely different animal.

Neither 997 (GT2 appart) or Z06 are exotics... Way too many produced.

Quote:
    996AD said:
    LOL i swear you're killing me ..
    do you want me to show you the corvette show room in my city?
    it's parked side by side with all chivys and trucks I SWEAR .. they're even giving promosion to test drive and take a gift
    I will take some photos.. and i will take photos today of many Z5s driving around with mustangs and civics

Wow sounds like you live in the best place on earth. Test drive a Z AND take home a gift??? Hey news flash 996...Vettes are usually parked near Chevy trucks and cars because THATS WHAT CHEVY MAKES THEIR MONEY ON. See unlike Lamborghini which is in the business of selling expensive cars in low numbers, Chevy is in the business of selling INexpensive cars in high numbers. Now maybe you live near ChevyWorld, Europe but most dealerships Dodge, Chevy, Ford, BMW, Audi, Porsche usually keep their nice cars in the showroom and sometimes all the way out front so you can oogle as you drive by. Now about this apparent insult that Z5 (I assume you mean C5 Z06) are driving around with mustangs and civics. Are you saying that in your 911 you never drive next to Geos, Hondas, or Dodges? The majority of the world drive around in regular cars genius!!! I've seen a Diablo parked right next to Camry...why? because that's what most peope drive! Does that mean the Diablo is any less special?? But I guess in your world the only other cars on the road are Lambos and Ferraris which makes me wonder where you live because I want to move there.

The Z may not be exotic because it is made in relatively greater numbers than say the Gallardo but that doesn't mean it isn't a supercar and your 911 sure as heck ain't exotic either.

STOP HATING AND GIVE THE RESPECT to the car where it is due!!!

Here ZO6 Sport Auto TEST

Hockenheim lap: 1.11.5 !

In comparison:
    Corvette c6: 1.14.8
    F430 F1: 1.12.7
    Gallardo: 1.11,8
    Murcielago: 1.12,0
    P. Zonda S: 1.11.8
    996 tt: 1.14.6
    911 gt3: 1.13,2
    911 gt2: 1.12.6
    911gt3rs 1.11.8 (racetires)
    PCGT: 1.08.6
    Ford gt 1.14.1

comments are extremely favourable re engine and brakes. not an easy car to be handled at the limit though.

in summary: a hard nut to crack even for the 997tt..

Tell me this is not awesome for a 70.000 USD car!

What a pathetic and jealous guy!

bondmid003 Don't waste you time responding to the negative replies. Some do nothing more than flaunt status, rather than express intelligent appreciation of performance cars.

Quote:
    996AD said:
    yes, I'm a 996 owner I know friends who drive c6 and c5 those cars have cheap interior and they don't last. they all suck they squeek make rattle noises they look nice and neat only first year and they fall apart after that.

I guess 996AD is the new King of having not a clue about what he is talking about. (and cannot spell properly to boot). I have owned 7 Vettes since 1991 and never had a problem. My buddy has had 2 996TTS's in the last few years and has had nothing but problems, including one that was in the shop 8 times in one year for rattles. Is the conclusion that should be drawn is that all Porsches are problematic and all Vettes are trouble free...NO!!! ANY car can have problems. So please do not come up with the cheap interior, shabbily made BS! I own an 06 Z, have owned Porsches and driven 996TTS's many times. So I base what I say on experience. Have you ever owned a Vette or driven a 06Z???

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    996AD said:

I guess 996AD is the new King of having not a clue about what he is talking about. (and cannot spell properly to boot). I have owned 7 Vettes since 1991 and never had a problem. My buddy has had 2 996TTS's in the last few years and has had nothing but problems, including one that was in the shop 8 times in one year for rattles. Is the conclusion that should be drawn is that all Porsches are problematic and all Vettes are trouble free...NO!!! ANY car can have problems. So please do not come up with the cheap interior, shabbily made BS! I own an 06 Z, have owned Porsches and driven 996TTS's many times. So I base what I say on experience. Have you ever owned a Vette or driven a 06Z???

Ronie how do you like your 06z? I'm gonna look for one to get in summer or so, i like to read fedbacks from real owners!!! So im waiting!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM