Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

Go for the glass roof. I love mine so much! And the additional price is really a super bargain -- especially having former Targa pricing in mind. If you are concerned about weight, I'd recommend not getting a sunroof at all. But I doubt that it really makes much of a difference, at least my Carrera doesn't feel "top heavy" at all :)

zzboba:

Go for the glass roof. I love mine so much! And the additional price is really a super bargain -- especially having former Targa pricing in mind.

+1 loved it on the 993 Targa and even on the Cayenne I have the panoramic roof. Great when you drive at night, in the city or in the mountains.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Does anyone have a picture of the Oval exhaust? I'm looking in the German pricelist and I can't find it.

RC,

Thanks for the input.  I think I am going without any sunroof.  I have found that I very rarely open a sunroof, so concluded doesn't make sense for me to have the added weight, less headroom, plus I like the look of a smooth top without seams.

RC, I would go with Guards Red exterior and Beige interior (or two-tone Black/Beige interior).

Tell your neighbors to stick it.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

SoCal Alan:

RC, I would go with Guards Red exterior and Beige interior (or two-tone Black/Beige interior).

Speaking of "sticking it" (my neighbors aren't a problem anymore, 90% of them are my wife's patients now and you don't "mess" with the doctor who treats you... Smiley): Today I was waiting in my Cayenne GTS for my mother to buy some fresh asparagus at a mobile dealer next to a street. After standing for two minutes there, the engine was running because of the A/C (I just had left from a parking lot and it was awfully hot in the car...we had 25°C and sun today), a younger (in her 30s) woman knocked at my co-passenger window. She yelled at me: "If you really have to drive such an expensive car which eats so much fuel, please have the decency to turn off the engine while you wait". I expected such crap (it happens all the time but for the first time in my Cayenne GTS), so I replied "this is a hybrid, it eats much less fuel than your car" (she had an older Mercedes A-class Diesel). She didn't even apologize, turned around and went to her car. At this point, I went to her car and asked her what environmental classification her car has and that she should be ashamed to drive in such a "dirty" car. Smiley I told her "Buy a hybrid next, you nature killer" and went back to my car with a smile on my face. Unfortunately I got very upset when driving back home because I actually realized how stupid this whole incident was. While I reacted quite smart in my opinion, I actually regretted that I didn't tell her (when she told me about the expensive car with high fuel consumption) that "I have such a car because can afford it". Maybe this would have been the better choice to show her the verbal middle finger. I don't know but this incident reminded me again on how stupid some people can be. I almost forgot...

I only care about my customers now, my neighbors and friends...well...either they accept it or not. The kids have many friends, they are socially integrated, so this worked quite well and I don't care anymore about what people think. Since me and my wife plan to move away at some point (US or somewhere sunny), we really couldn't care less now.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Christian, I am sure you will enjoy your 991TTS. Also, I agree don't let anyone influence how you live unless they really matter.kiss

--

KF:

And sorry for spelling and syntax. I wrote this post on my iphone... Hope to get the new BB as soon as possible...

If you really knew RC you'd know that's not an acceptable excuse. Smiley

KF:

Or something more emotional like the upcoming Stradale four seater. Including a tuning up to 645 hp cheaper than the 911 tt, but much more exclusive. And please stop the argumentation about resale value. Porsche lost this advantage as they start to produce too many cars! You got 11% for the Cayenne? This is the former level of discount, if you buy a BMW X5. Where should this end? With the Macan Porsche starts to sell cars to everyone. I really don't understand youSmiley

I'm a Porsche guy...I can't help it. Yes, 11% on the Cayenne GTS but also winter wheels (4500 EUR) and some other minor things included. I think I can live with that, especially since I got a very good lease offer from Porsche Financial (unbelievable but yes). Smiley

Performance-wise, there aren't much cars in the price range to be able to compete with the 991 Turbo S. Just wait for the first real life test results and track numbers, some people will be pretty shocked. Smiley Also...the 991 Turbo S can be tuned too...just saying. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
     I don't care anymore about what people think. Since me and my wife plan to move away at some point (US or somewhere sunny), we really couldn't care less now.

I see an Aventador glimmer in the horizon. 

Enmanuel:
    RC:
     I don't care anymore about what people think. Since me and my wife plan to move away at some point (US or somewhere sunny), we really couldn't care less now.

I see an Aventador glimmer in the horizon

Only if I win the lottery. Smiley Keep in mind that I lease my cars and last time I checked, the Lamborghini lease offers weren't too great (minus the Gallardo, which had some interesting offers).

--

RC:
    SoCal Alan:

Speaking of "sticking it" (my neighbors aren't a problem anymore, 90% of them are my wife's patients now and you don't "mess" with the doctor who treats you... Smiley): Today I was waiting in my Cayenne GTS for my mother to buy some fresh asparagus at a mobile dealer next to a street. After standing for two minutes there, the engine was running because of the A/C (I just had left from a parking lot and it was awfully hot in the car...we had 25°C and sun today), a younger (in her 30s) woman knocked at my co-passenger window. She yelled at me: "If you really have to drive such an expensive car which eats so much fuel, please have the decency to turn off the engine while you wait". I expected such crap (it happens all the time but for the first time in my Cayenne GTS), so I replied "this is a hybrid, it eats much less fuel than your car" (she had an older Mercedes A-class Diesel). She didn't even apologize, turned around and went to her car. At this point, I went to her car and asked her what environmental classification her car has and that she should be ashamed to drive in such a "dirty" car. Smiley I told her "Buy a hybrid next, you nature killer" and went back to my car with a smile on my face. Unfortunately I got very upset when driving back home because I actually realized how stupid this whole incident was. While I reacted quite smart in my opinion, I actually regretted that I didn't tell her (when she told me about the expensive car with high fuel consumption) that "I have such a car because can afford it". Maybe this would have been the better choice to show her the verbal middle finger. I don't know but this incident reminded me again on how stupid some people can be. I almost forgot...

I only care about my customers now, my neighbors and friends...well...either they accept it or not. The kids have many friends, they are socially integrated, so this worked quite well and I don't care anymore about what people think. Since me and my wife plan to move away at some point (US or somewhere sunny), we really couldn't care less now.

No doubt that this woman is a liberal.  Don't you love how these people behave?  Smiley

I know, off topic...

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

tc.jpg

--

Interesting dimensions, are those accurate and to scale?

RC:
    Ron (Houston):

RC,

Time to start the talk with your dealer Smiley.

I guess you missed some of the initial posts, Ron. I already talked to him, I have a production spot in October for one of his first two cars he receives, we are still negotiating the lease though. Smiley Panamera Turbo S goes (July)...991 Turbo S comes...if the dealer is willing to compromise a little bit.

I did miss that post indeed.  Congrats!!!! SmileySmiley

--
    Happy Driving

I have read at another forum that 991 Turbo S managed to lap the NBR for 7:26, previous model was 7:32.

good news that it's faster than MP4-12C and CGT

bad news that itmismstill slower than GTR and GT2RS, as well as ZR1 and Aventador.

hope this time will be improved later:)

Well... New 991 Turbo S will for sure be faster on the Ring when tested by Sport Auto then following sportscars:

-Ferrari 458 Italia

-Mercedes SLS AMG GT

-Audi R8 V10 GT

in HvS hands we can expect a time arund 7.30min or high 7.2Xmin. Will new Turbo S beat MP4-12C? Maybe with standard tires and for sure with sport tires, but AFAIK Porsche will insist for a Supertest with standard tires.

hussainh1:

Interesting dimensions, are those accurate and to scale?

Must be accurate

--

artur777:

I have read at another forum that 991 Turbo S managed to lap the NBR for 7:26, previous model was 7:32.

bad news that itmismstill slower than GTR and GT2RS, as well as ZR1 and Aventador.

The Nissan GT-R with 530 hp (previous generation) did the Nordschleife in 7:36 min. Impressive? Yes. As good as Nissan claimed ("under" 7:20)? No. While the Nissan GT-R did 0-100 kph in 3.3 seconds, the 0-200 kph time was quite disappointing, 11.5 seconds. There are a couple of YouTube videos showing the 997 Turbo S and the Nissan GT-R head to head and the Turbo S always wins as soon as the speed increases.

The latest Nissan GT-R has been tested in Hockenheim only and while the time is impressive for such a heavy car (1:10,1 min), the GT3 RS 4.0 is still better.  Btw: The "old" 530 hp version did Hockenheim 0.1 seconds faster. Smiley Speaking of straight line acceleration: The latest GT-R did 0-100 kph in 3.4 seconds, again 0.1 seconds slower than the previous model. Factory claim? 2.7 seconds. Ridiculous. Keep in mind that both were Nissan factory cars specifically put at the disposition of Sport Auto and again, manufacturers know that Sport Auto is doing dyno tests of test cars.

The previous 997 Turbo S did the Nordschleife in 7:44 min, not 7:32. We are talking Sport Auto test figures here, not manufacturer claims (not ware though that Porsche ever claimed 7:32 for the 997 Turbo S but I may be wrong).

The Ferrari 458 Italia did the Nordschleife in 7:38 min, 0-100 kph in 3.5 seconds and 0-200 kph in 10.6 seconds. These times were much better in other reviews but keep in mind that Ferrari knows that Sport Auto is doing dyno tests of test cars. Smiley Ferrari didn't complain about these figures, so I guess everything was OK.

This video actually proves very well that the previous 997 Turbo S and the Ferrari 458 actually had the same straight line performance. The 997 Turbo S gets away a little bit better from stand still due to the AWD but the distance between both cars stays practically the same all the way down until the finish, so I doubt that any 458 can do 0-200 kph in under 10 seconds...oh well...maybe in reviews. Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSHL5_yIvII

The Aventador did 7:25 in the Supertest, which is quite impressive. I'd say that HvS will manage to do under 7:30 in the 991 Turbo S on the Nordschleife but this guess is only based on a discussion about the time Porsche achieved with the stock car on the Nordschleife during final testing. It could be 7:32, it could be 7:29 but something around these numbers.

The MP4-12C did 7:28, which is quite impressive too but McLaren was apparently afraid of delivering a more powerful car for the test (Sport Auto started to dyno the cars they test to make sure that manufacturers do not cheat) because the 0-100 kph time was 3.4 seconds and 0-200 kph was 9.8 seconds. The 991 Turbo S will easily beat the first time and rumors indicate that the Turbo S actually does 0-200 kph in 10 seconds flat oder maybe even a couple of hundreds of a millisecond below that, which would be confirmed by the fact that the previous 997 Turbo S usually did the 0-200 kph run in slightly over 10 seconds, 10.6 was the worst I've ever seen in a review over here, the 0-100 kph time was always 3.1 to 3.2 seconds.

To get the times we are talking about here in a better perspective, just keep in mind what time the fantastic 997 GT3 RS 4.0 did on the Nordschleife: 7:30. So the 991 Turbo S is faster...with only 60 horses more but a 250kg weight "penalty". Smiley

Don't get me wrong, I know that the new 991 GT3 would still be the better track car (similar track performance but much lighter and thus much more likely to withstand more than a couple of fast runs without any brake/tire issues) but for a "GT" like many call the 911 Turbo, this isn't bad at all, don't you think?!

Just for a fun comparison: The Aston Martin DBS did the Nordschleife in 8:02 min, the Jaguar XKR-S in 8:03 min. This clearly proves that the 991 Turbo S plays in a completely different "GT" league. Smiley

That said, I think that the new 991 Turbo S will rock but why should I lie? I am a little bit disappointed that Porsche didn't shock the competition with a 0-100 kph time of 2.6 seconds and a 0-200 kph time of 9.5 seconds claim. Maybe Porsche was afraid that this would look bad in car reports outside the usual car magazine pool or maybe they are quite conservative with their factory claims, at least this is what I heard and I really hope it is true. For the benefit of Porsche and of course for my benefit, if I decide to go for the 991 Turbo S. Smiley

--

KresoF1:

AFAIK Porsche will insist for a Supertest with standard tires.

It seems that Porsche does not offer other tires - i.e. the setup is adjusted to standard tires. Switching tires without adjusting the setup would not be good for the performance, I guess.

RC:
    artur777:

The Nissan GT-R with 530 hp (previous generation) did the Nordschleife in 7:36 min. Impressive? Yes. As good as Nissan claimed ("under" 7:20)? No. While the Nissan GT-R did 0-100 kph in 3.3 seconds, the 0-200 kph time was quite disappointing, 11.5 seconds. There are a couple of YouTube videos showing the 997 Turbo S and the Nissan GT-R head to head and the Turbo S always wins as soon as the speed increases.

The latest Nissan GT-R has been tested in Hockenheim only and while the time is impressive for such a heavy car (1:10,1 min), the GT3 RS 4.0 is still better.  Btw: The "old" 530 hp version did Hockenheim 0.1 seconds faster. Smiley Speaking of straight line acceleration: The latest GT-R did 0-100 kph in 3.4 seconds, again 0.1 seconds slower than the previous model. Factory claim? 2.7 seconds. Ridiculous. Keep in mind that both were Nissan factory cars specifically put at the disposition of Sport Auto and again, manufacturers know that Sport Auto is doing dyno tests of test cars.

The previous 997 Turbo S did the Nordschleife in 7:44 min, not 7:32. We are talking Sport Auto test figures here, not manufacturer claims (not ware though that Porsche ever claimed 7:32 for the 997 Turbo S but I may be wrong).

The Ferrari 458 Italia did the Nordschleife in 7:38 min, 0-100 kph in 3.5 seconds and 0-200 kph in 10.6 seconds. These times were much better in other reviews but keep in mind that Ferrari knows that Sport Auto is doing dyno tests of test cars. Smiley Ferrari didn't complain about these figures, so I guess everything was OK.

This video actually proves very well that the previous 997 Turbo S and the Ferrari 458 actually had the same straight line performance. The 997 Turbo S gets away a little bit better from stand still due to the AWD but the distance between both cars stays practically the same all the way down until the finish, so I doubt that any 458 can do 0-200 kph in under 10 seconds...oh well...maybe in reviews. Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSHL5_yIvII

The Aventador did 7:25 in the Supertest, which is quite impressive. I'd say that HvS will manage to do under 7:30 in the 991 Turbo S on the Nordschleife but this guess is only based on a discussion about the time Porsche achieved with the stock car on the Nordschleife during final testing. It could be 7:32, it could be 7:29 but something around these numbers.

The MP4-12C did 7:28, which is quite impressive too but McLaren was apparently afraid of delivering a more powerful car for the test (Sport Auto started to dyno the cars they test to make sure that manufacturers do not cheat) because the 0-100 kph time was 3.4 seconds and 0-200 kph was 9.8 seconds. The 991 Turbo S will easily beat the first time and rumors indicate that the Turbo S actually does 0-200 kph in 10 seconds flat oder maybe even a couple of hundreds of a millisecond below that, which would be confirmed by the fact that the previous 997 Turbo S usually did the 0-200 kph run in slightly over 10 seconds, 10.6 was the worst I've ever seen in a review over here, the 0-100 kph time was always 3.1 to 3.2 seconds.

To get the times we are talking about here in a better perspective, just keep in mind what time the fantastic 997 GT3 RS 4.0 did on the Nordschleife: 7:30. So the 991 Turbo S is faster...with only 60 horses more but a 250kg weight "penalty". Smiley

Don't get me wrong, I know that the new 991 GT3 would still be the better track car (similar track performance but much lighter and thus much more likely to withstand more than a couple of fast runs without any brake/tire issues) but for a "GT" like many call the 911 Turbo, this isn't bad at all, don't you think?!

Just for a fun comparison: The Aston Martin DBS did the Nordschleife in 8:02 min, the Jaguar XKR-S in 8:03 min. This clearly proves that the 991 Turbo S plays in a completely different "GT" league. Smiley

That said, I think that the new 991 Turbo S will rock but why should I lie? I am a little bit disappointed that Porsche didn't shock the competition with a 0-100 kph time of 2.6 seconds and a 0-200 kph time of 9.5 seconds claim. Maybe Porsche was afraid that this would look bad in car reports outside the usual car magazine pool or maybe they are quite conservative with their factory claims, at least this is what I heard and I really hope it is true. For the benefit of Porsche and of course for my benefit, if I decide to go for the 991 Turbo S. Smiley

Christian, veryy interesting! I agree that NBR time below 7-30 will be very good result for a GT car!

Also I agree that 997.2 Turbo S managed to run from 0-100 for 3.0-3.2 secs and 0-200 from 10.0-10.5 secs. Really it was always faster than claimed by Porsche (0-100 for 3.4 secs, 0-200 for 11 secs)

Thus, new 991 Turbo S could be really faster than claimed. I expect 0-100 time about 2.8-2.9 secs and 0-200 time about 9.6-9.8 secs. Do you agree?

Christian, and I agree that GTR usually performs worse than claimed factory figures)) vice-versa Porsche))))))))))))

artur777:

Thus, new 991 Turbo S could be really faster than claimed. I expect 0-100 time about 2.8-2.9 secs and 0-200 time about 9.6-9.8 secs. Do you agree?

Smiley I heard that the best time they measured on a stock test car was 0-100 kph in 2.7 and 0-200 kph in 9.5 seconds. Not sure if this is true though and even if it is, this doesn't mean that all 991 Turbo S will be that good. Like you, I actually think that we are going to see 2.9 seconds from 0-100 kph and something around 10 seconds flat (10.1 or maybe even 9.9 seconds) from 0-200 kph.

I heard that Porsche has currently a white 991 Turbo S without any camoflage driving around and this car apparently has a very good performance. Smiley

I am a little bit disappointed that Porsche wasn't currageous enough to offer 2.9 seconds as a factory claim but like I said before, Porsche is very cautious about certain claims because they could bite them in the a.., especially in Europe and especially in Germany (their third largest market). Over here, they actually seem to advertise the low(er) fuel consumption more than the performance. Smiley

--

artur777:

Christian, and I agree that GTR usually performs worse than claimed factory figures)) vice-versa Porsche))))))))))))

Look at this video...tuned (612 hp) Nissan GT-R and stock 997 Turbo S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcRmLUgHCFI

Also check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1dURDtM9Uw

Another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLuI2R6mQ8w (driver in the GT-R: "he is faster than me...")

Nissan is full of sh.t, sorry to say that.

Still...for that kind of money, the GT-R is a blast.

--

MKSGR:
    KresoF1:

AFAIK Porsche will insist for a Supertest with standard tires.

It seems that Porsche does not offer other tires - i.e. the setup is adjusted to standard tires. Switching tires without adjusting the setup would not be good for the performance, I guess.

IMO this is the right attitude for a car that road/track = 90/10. For the GT3 it could be the other way round.

--

"Form follows function"

RC:
    artur777:

Another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLuI2R6mQ8w (driver in the GT-R: "he is faster than me...")

I see - GTR is not faster at all! Turbo S is better. I really think that 991 Turbo S will overcome our current expectations - this is usually what Porsche do with it)))

RC:
    artur777:

Another one:

Exactly! The performance difference doesn't worth 100K difference. On the other hand you can't compare Porsche to Nissan only by performance....but still 100K difference Smiley For the Turbo S price you can get a GTR and.....let's say Carrera S Smiley

--

artur777:
    RC:
    artur777:

Another one:

I see - GTR is not faster at all! Turbo S is better. I really think that 991 Turbo S will overcome our current expectations - this is usually what Porsche do with it)))

Unfortunately, they did not match expectations in case of the 997TT - I would recommend to test drive the car before taking a final decision Smiley The straight-line performance should be good, the setup you need to try yourself. The setup of the 997TT was really bad.

SportCarGroup:
    RC:
    artur777:

Another one:

Exactly! The performance difference doesn't worth 100K difference. On the other hand you can't compare Porsche to Nissan only by performance....but still 100K difference Smiley For the Turbo S price you can get a GTR and.....let's say Carrera S Smiley

--

If for 991 Turbo S I could buy GTR and 991 GT3 I would have thought about it)))

For the Turbo S price you can get a GTR and.....let's say Carrera S Smiley

i think when u buy the turbo s .. u get more ... u get faster car than GTR nissan and a carrera .... plus u can drive them both in the same time :P 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689815 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409364 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255811 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235038 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65559 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4650 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858122 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774215 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM