Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 spyshots thread (continued) (for UNRELEASED models only) Thread Closed

Any news, mates?

When will be any information leak on upcoming turbo models?

very hard to wait))

Where is the Targa???

--

artur777:

Any news, mates?

very hard to wait))

I have seen the car without any coverage.

The front is nearly the sam as a normal 911. If looking from far it is hard to see any difference. The air intakes are open. The daylight and blinker is more straight without the hanging part on outside. Like Panamera turbo. The lights are LED with 4 dots like Panamera turbo but with an outer ring. The rear wing is, as already seen, straight. The airintake on the side is more rounded like Boxster. The exhaust reminds me on Panamera turbo but much more filigree.

Straight line performance is in the super sportscar upper league: 0-100 km/h in 2.7. Turbo S can measure with Aventador up to 200 km/h. Btw. Turbo S will be released at the same time as Turbo.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

So 8.x seconds up to 200km/h ?

my dealer tells me that they have allocations for september and regading power 530 hp for turbo  s and 500  for regular turbo. first delieveries will be turbo s according to his information. further info i got from him:  0-100 km/h  3.3 s for turbo s and 3.6 with sc for turbo. don't know about the accuracy of  the  info, but he seemed sure about this.

gixi:

my dealer tells me that they have allocations for september and regading power 530 hp for turbo  s and 500  for regular turbo. first delieveries will be turbo s according to his information. further info i got from him:  0-100 km/h  3.3 s for turbo s and 3.6 with sc for turbo. don't know about the accuracy of  the  info, but he seemed sure about this.

This information couldn't me more wrong.  Smiley

September is the month of the GT3...the Turbo is coming later (actual availability at dealers in Germany).

Power figures are wrong, models are wrong, everything is wrong. 

Your dealer seems to confuse the 991 with the current 997 Turbo (500 hp Turbo and 530 hp Turbo S).

Right now, I have power figures ranging from 530 hp to 560 hp for the new Turbo, which probably includes the new Turbo S too. The Turbo S comes AFTER the Turbo, this is all I know for now. The new 911 Turbo should be at German dealers around end of this year (November/December). This is not 100% accurate information but what you dealer told you is...crap. I think he just said something to get you satisfied. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC - Will 991 Turbo & Turbo S launch be at the Frankfurt Auto show?

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

RC:
    gixi:

September is the month of the GT3...the Turbo is coming later (actual availability at dealers in Germany).

Your dealer seems to confuse the 991 with the current 997 Turbo (500 hp Turbo and 530 hp Turbo S).

Right now, I have power figures ranging from 530 hp to 560 hp for the new Turbo, which probably includes the new Turbo S too. The Turbo S comes AFTER the Turbo, this is all I know for now. The new 911 Turbo should be at German dealers around end of this year (November/December). This is not 100% accurate information but what you dealer told you is...crap. I think he just said something to get you satisfied. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

I have information that both Turbo and Turbo S will be released at the same time.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:
    artur777:

Any news, mates?

very hard to wait))

I have seen the car without any coverage.

The front is nearly the sam as a normal 911. If looking from far it is hard to see any difference. The air intakes are open. The daylight and blinker is more straight without the hanging part on outside. Like Panamera turbo. The lights are LED with 4 dots like Panamera turbo but with an outer ring. The rear wing is, as already seen, straight. The airintake on the side is more rounded like Boxster. The exhaust reminds me on Panamera turbo but much more filigree.

Straight line performance is in the super sportscar upper league: 0-100 km/h in 2.7. Turbo S can measure with Aventador up to 200 km/h. Btw. Turbo S will be released at the same time as Turbo.

Very interesting info - thanks!

i have also heard tha models will be released simultaneously,

and 2.7 secs for turbo s seems truthful as Porsche should publish better figures than latest GTR. It's marketing.

RC:
    gixi:

--

560 hp for turbo s would be well enough. I hope turbo s will have more differences than just hp increase over turbo.,do we have any chances on this?

Its not historical that turbo and turbo S comes out at the same time... However, it is certainly a good news for those couldn't wait for the S and now they have options to choose from...  It will be interesting if they published at the same time and see their price differences.... Perhaps they are going to draw the market to Turbo S more if the prices are not much different.....

I can't see why they won't release the turbo S and turbo at the same time, the Carrera and Carrera S are launched at the same time. This is a good strategy for Porsche, they will be able to charge more for the Turbo S as they do for the Carrera S

Years ago we had much less models, so they used to overcome the time between model updates with S-models. Now we have 5 models and soon 6. As Müller have stated it is good to have 7 models, so you can each year bring up a new model. That´s why I believe it makes sense to introduce the S-model at the same time.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:
    RC:
    gixi:

--

I have information that both Turbo and Turbo S will be released at the same time.

The original poster (actually his dealer) claimed that the Turbo S come first AND furthermore that the Turbo gets 500 hp, the Turbo S gets 530 hp and that the Turbo S will be available at dealers in September.

This is what I was referring to... Smiley

--

ALDO:

Years ago we had much less models, so they used to overcome the time between model updates with S-models. Now we have 5 models and soon 6. As Müller have stated it is good to have 7 models, so you can each year bring up a new model. That´s why I believe it makes sense to introduce the S-model at the same time.

Turbo S will be the new standard Turbo. The non-S will be labeled as "entry level" or "base" Turbo, same happened to the Carrera. My guess is that Turbo S will sell much much better than non-S. Good for Porsche's revenue.

zzboba:
    ALDO:

Turbo S will be the new standard Turbo. The non-S will be labeled as "entry level" or "base" Turbo, same happened to the Carrera. My guess is that Turbo S will sell much much better than non-S. Good for Porsche's revenue.

That´s another reason. Turbo buyer are the oldest buyer. If you have the money you have to buy the Turbo-S version. Milking milking milking 

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

For me the best 911 is the new GT3 - if I will buy one the next 12 month it will be a GT3 - best value for money

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:

For me the best 911 is the new GT3 - if I will buy one the next 12 month it will be a GT3 - best value for money

Why not wait for GT3 RS)?

ALDO:

LOL, buy it quick, before porsche introduces the GT3-S, and after that the GT3 rs and the GT3 rs-S... Smiley

In all fairnaess, it becomes just obscenely ridiculous. It used to make sens to use the S as an end-of-lifecycle model.
    Now it is just an obscene slap in the face made up by the marketing department to make more money, in the same process making people feel unhappy that they are driving "just" a base Carrera or "just" a base Turbo...

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Lambo is much worse than Porsche will all the special editions...

Turbo S versions were just a way for P to raise prices on their top model, nothing else.

Joost:
    ALDO:

LOL, buy it quick, before porsche introduces the GT3-S, and after that the GT3 rs and the GT3 rs-S... Smiley

In all fairnaess, it becomes just obscenely ridiculous. It used to make sens to use the S as an end-of-lifecycle model.
    Now it is just an obscene slap in the face made up by the marketing department to make more money, in the same process making people feel unhappy that they are driving "just" a base Carrera or "just" a base Turbo...

The main target of any marketing department in any company is - making more and more money. I would not call it ridiculous, I would say - tactic. And Porsche are good in marketing. Making the range wider, gives to potential clients more ability to choose from. And I don't think that because of that somebody will feel unhappy with his base Carrera or Boxster or whatever. IMO

--

Some buyer would have waited for the Turbo S to be released and in the meantime gone somewhere else - or worse - lost their money - or the competition would have built something faster.  This way, more than any other line of 911s they can 'shame' the buyers into not buying the 'base' version right away without making them wait.  I bet the S in this segment will outsell the Base model 5-1.

our dealer pre allocated 8 turbo s and only 1 turbo - nothing more to say

SciFrog:

Turbo S versions were just a way for P to raise prices on their top model, nothing else.

Well, not necessarily so. In case of the 997 the Turbo S was cheaper than a Turbo equipped with the same options and was the better value for money. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Porsche 991 Turbo mule road testing in Germany...

Porsche 991 Turbo mule road testing in Germany -- Video Link 1

Porsche 991 Turbo mule road testing in Germany -- Video Link 2

Smiley SmileySmiley

Rossi:
    SciFrog:

Well, not necessarily so. In case of the 997 the Turbo S was cheaper than a Turbo equipped with the same options and was the better value for money. Smiley

Still raised the base price of the car. Not sure everyone would have opted for PCCB...

Rossi:
    SciFrog:

I remembered that!! caused a lot of cancelation on the Turbo to switch to Turbo S... lets hope they publish two cars at the same time with real price differences so people can decide

I guess towards the end of the life cycle we'll see a 991 Turbo GTS this time

All Porsche models will get at mid GTS, one month later GTSS another month later GTSSS and so on up to 24 S

GTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS will be the best one :)

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

any guesstimates as to the GTS introduction?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM