Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 911 GT3 (991)

No Gnil, although that looks funny. The sport buckets have removable cushions attached to the seat bottom with velcro, and one can easily have them made in preferred height. I have removed them completely to be able to fit in with a helmet - something I do not have to do in a Cup seat.

Best, w

Sport Bucket Seats are not an option for us in the United States.

You folks in the ROW are the lucky ones!

--
    997 GT3 Guards Red

Trundle_GT3:

Sport Bucket Seats are not an option for us in the United States.

I think they are on the 991 , if I understand the informations I have properly . There is just an extra passenger sensor for the US

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

PCNA has been contacted and the Sport Bucket Seats are not available for the GT3 or any 991 for that matter at this time!

If anybody can find out the real reason why the USA is excluded it would be appreciated.

--
    997 GT3 Guards Red

Trundle_GT3:

PCNA has been contacted and the Sport Bucket Seats are not available for the GT3 or any 991 for that matter at this time!

If anybody can find out the real reason why the USA is excluded it would be appreciated.

why not for the US..we can only speculate.

Yes, in EU we have these bucket seats...but there was somewhere on the configurator the notice that the bucket seats are not FIA homologated..- or did I misread this?

If my info is correct..then you can have very nice seats here..but for certain Driver events or club racing, they wouldnt be permitted either..

FIA is everywhere..!

I decided to buy the car and sent my deposit in. I have driven many different cars and the GT3 struck me as something unique which I have not really experienced (I drove an older model once). 

What I really like is the white painted wheels (matching the exterior) but apparently it is not offered. Is this something Porsche exclusive does? 

--

nberry:

I decided to buy the car and sent my deposit in. I have driven many different cars and the GT3 struck me as something unique which I have not really experienced (I drove an older model once). 

What I really like is the white painted wheels (matching the exterior) but apparently it is not offered. Is this something Porsche exclusive does? 

Wow, congrats Nick you've made a great choice Smiley

I am sure you can get the white wheels from the 4.0

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather (Canada)
    1991 BMW 318i Brilliantrot/Black Leather (Germany)

Ex: '89 525i, '74 280E, '87 325is, '86 325e, '05 FF, '85.5 944

nberry:

Congratulations, Nick. Smiley

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Thanks guys. Apparently, the dealer has four on the list ahead of me.Not sure when I can order the car but I made it clear if I am to wait to next year to get the car I will withdraw my deposit. 

--

nberry:

Congratulations. I would recommend you to take standard GT3 wheels & paint them in trusted paint shop.

Take a look :)

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com
    My renders are free for using & sharing, as long as my credits are untouched.

i badly want to order one in this color :

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo105/AKRanger22/Ferrari/LamboMatteBlue2.jpg

if only Porsche offer official  matte colors mail

Congratulations Nick.  The GT3 should definitely qualify as an E-ticket ride.

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

Congrats Nick! That is really cool that you decided to go for a GT3. kiss

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

nberry:

Congratulations ! This car will indeed be something different from all what you had . At the moment , only black painted wheels will be available , but you can easly have them painted after you get the car.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

To correct you little bit Gnil there are currently three wheel colors to choose:

-standard Platinum matte

-optional Silver

-optional Black High Gloss-available from September 2013 orders

nberry:

Nick,

If you decided to get white GT3 then stick with standard Platinum matte wheels. White wheels will look horrible after single spirited drive session with standard brakes and IMO they want look any better with optional PCCBs also.

Since you resale value is pretty important to you standard wheels will offer better resale value as well. Only optional Black High Gloss wheels make sense with White exterior IMO. Specially, if you stick with standard brakes.

wurlie:

If the sport bucket in 991 GT3 is the same as it was in the 997.2, then it is impossible to adjust the seat height, except by fitting custom cushions.

Best, w

On a more serious note, here is the answer :

• Sports seats Plus with electric backrest adjustment and electric height adjustment,

seat covering leather black with center strips in Alcantara, headrests with stitched

“GT3” logo in Platinum Grey 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

From the left to right:

Sports seats Plus are fitted as standard in the new 911 GT3 and come equipped with elevated side bolsters, electric seat height and backrest adjustment and manual fore/aft adjustment. The seat side bolsters are upholstered in leather and the seat centres are lined in black Alcantara. The headrests are embroidered with the ‘GT3’ logo.

The side bolsters on the seat squab and backrest have a firm, sporty padding and offer excellent lateral support. The backrest shell is finished in Silver Grey.

Available on request, Adaptive Sports seats Plus blend sport with comfort and are suitable for everyday driving or the racetrack. They feature side bolsters in leather, seat centres in black Alcantara and an embroidered ‘GT3’ logo on the headrests. Offering 18-way electric adjustment, the seats can be optimally adapted to meet your needs in terms of seat height, squab and backrest angle, seat depth, fore/aft adjustment and four-way lumbar support. The side bolsters on the seat surface and backrest can be individually adjusted for precision lateral support on winding roads and added comfort on long journeys.

Sport bucket seats available as an option are lightweight racing seats with folding backrest, integrated thorax airbag and manual fore/aft adjustment for driver and passenger.

The carbon surface finish conceals a seat shell in glass-/carbon-fibre reinforced plastic. The backrest pivots are positioned high in the side bolsters to provide excellent lateral support to the pelvic region. The seats are upholstered in black leather as standard with seat centres finished in Alcantara. The ‘GT3’ logo is embroidered on the headrests.

Congrats Nick ! Different beast to the Turbo but I am sure you will love the high rev engine reminding you to yr Ferraris ! kiss

nberry:

Thanks guys. Apparently, the dealer has four on the list ahead of me.Not sure when I can order the car but I made it clear if I am to wait to next year to get the car I will withdraw my deposit. 

Congrats, Nick. Smiley

Why would you want a GT3 if you don't track it? Simple: Pure driving joy. I was in the same position, I wanted to order one and I barely make it to the track anymore (maybe once or twice a year if I am lucky) but unfortunately the dealer backed down from his initial offer because he would had to take my PTS in and he was afraid he can't sell it.

The GT3 makes a lot of sense from a driving fun point of view. If you don't use it as a daily driver, this car is just perfect for every Porsche enthusiast. It provides a more "raw" experience of 911 driving and I hate to compare the GT3 with the Cayenne GTS but the situation is quite similar: The Cayenne GTS is not as fast as the Turbo but it provides much more driving fun because of the sportier chassis/steering setup and the amazing exhaust/engine sound. 

As a 911 fun car, the GT3 should be perfect. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

nberry:

According to the video clip, the cockpit seat can be raised. Also, there is an option for 18 direction electric seat. I cannot imagine not being able to raise the seat.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I meant to refer to the optional bucket seats, pseudo carbon fiber.  The only adjustment offered on this seat, once you are in the car, is the fore/aft and manually.

I know those seats which I have on another Porsche and they are great.

However, in the 991 GT3 I find the seating position quite low.  I could see that when I got into the Geneva show car, which had the bucket seats fitted, as one can see from the pictures and the videos.  Because of this low seating position, I wonder if the entire seat base can be made higher (either at the dealer or by the factory on the production line). 

There are many bucket seats whose base can be adjusted.  Therefore my question.

For the folks on the forum who are in the US, I realize now the source of the confusion because the bucket seats are not offered for sale and do not appear on the US configurator (at least for now).

In any way, my question remains (for the European folks): is there a way to have the bucket seats height adjusted at the dealer or by the factory?

Many thanks.  Smiley

PBS2010:
    nberry:

According to the video clip, the cockpit seat can be raised. Also, there is an option for 18 direction electric seat. I cannot imagine not being able to raise the seat.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I meant to refer to the optional bucket seats, pseudo carbon fiber.  The only adjustment offered on this seat, once you are in the car, is the fore/aft and manually.

I know those seats which I have on another Porsche and they are great.

However, in the 991 GT3 I find the seating position quite low.  I could see that when I got into the Geneva show car, which had the bucket seats fitted, as one can see from the pictures and the videos.  Because of this low seating position, I wonder if the entire seat base can be made higher (either at the dealer or by the factory on the production line). 

There are many bucket seats whose base can be adjusted.  Therefore my question.

For the folks on the forum who are in the US, I realize now the source of the confusion because the bucket seats are not offered for sale and do not appear on the US configurator (at least for now).

In any way, my question remains (for the European folks): is there a way to have the bucket seats height adjusted at the dealer or by the factory?

Many thanks.  Smiley

The seats actually use real carbon fibre, so they don't qualify for the description "pseudo carbon fibre". 

They cannot be raised on their runners without invalidating their Type Approval, so both the factory and the dealer will not undertake to do it. There might be some scope for increasing the thickness of the seat cushion to achieve a slight increase in height.

--

fritz

Sport buckets are a fiberglass reinforced with carbon construction -  carbon overlay for cosmetic, not structural purposes.

The old, Carrera GT derived seats without airbags, were carbon constructed.

Best, w

wurlie:

Sport buckets are a fiberglass reinforced with carbon construction -  carbon overlay for cosmetic, not structural purposes.

The old, Carrera GT derived seats without airbags, were carbon constructed.

Best, w

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Guy's thanks.

I cannot explain it but the GT3 struck a chord with me. As Christian wrote, this car will provide the fun factor which I have been missing since selling my last Ferrari. It is not a daily driver car but a car to take out when you just want to have a lot of driving excitement. I may even track it.

Black high gloss wheels sound very interesting. Anyone have pictures with white exterior? The silver platinum wheels though great looking in design give the appearance of being dirty. 

Also, for the adaptive seats they want about $5500. Worth it?

Finally, it is unclear to me as to when Porsche starts to take orders and produces the car. My salesperson indicated they have not received their allocations and Porsche is asking dealers for the number of paid deposits for the car.

--

Strangely nobody picked up a story of the day so far...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Porsche-GT3-boss-confirms-RS-for-2014/

I say it's gonna be awesome and power figures are quite remarkable.

nberry:

Finally, it is unclear to me as to when Porsche starts to take orders and produces the car. My salesperson indicated they have not received their allocations and Porsche is asking dealers for the number of paid deposits for the car.

Start of production is  :   07/2013

Market launch for the USA  is :   11/2013

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Guy:

Visited Geneva yesterday, short summary of the highlights for me:

Porsche - Sat in the 991GT3, looks great, seats seemed better than 997GT2 folding buckets I had in mine? Front PCCB massive, forged wheels are the most gorgeous bit on the new cars. Still hate the 991 centre console after 996/997s.

McLaren - had the best cakes on their stand, P1 is utterly gorgeous and amazing aero-tech, old F1 still one of the finest cars in existence. Yellow Spyder really eye-catching and well thought out bi-colour interior.

Lambo - Aventador is a bargain in comparison to the Hypercars and the Veneno is crazy looking in a good way. Nice cheese and ham upstairs, with Prosecco!

Ferrari - LaFerrari is just ugly in my opinion, it wouldn't have looked out of place on the Mansory stand, the F12 and 458 are just so elegant and beautiful in comparison. Proper Champagne here (Veuve) and everyone on the stand was a living cliche of Ferrari owners (old men with very young wives, old women whose surgeons simply don't have the skills to defeat time and many Italians wearing jeans so tight they must be borrowing their kids clothes and who self-tan with coffee granules).

Pagani - nice simple biscuits, Huayra is lovely in the flesh, still the best interior in any car ever made. The UK salesman is a wonderful chap (who raced 935s at Daytona) who gave me a Veyron test-drive a few years back and at least has a new model to sell!

Ruf - always a pleasure to see them, still miss mine. Alois's son now working for the company full-time, what an amazing family firm, been going 50yrs just like the 911. Last time I saw him we were doing close to 200mph in England in my car on a hired 3km long runway. Early visit so no snacks to report here.

Alpina - Always loved the interiors (I had a B10 Touring and a B5). New B3 is a discrete weapon (0-62mph 4.2secs in a 3-series) and XD3 (bad name) which is an X3 with a 350hp diesel that does 4.9sec 0-100kph. Meant to try their own Alpina wines but forgot.

Best post I have read in years!

dxpetrov:

Strangely nobody picked up a story of the day so far...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Porsche-GT3-boss-confirms-RS-for-2014/

I say it's gonna be awesome and power figures are quite remarkable.

That confirms what I have thaught when the 991 carrera came out.

The Carrera is becoming more and more ' comfortable ' , going more towards a GT car ( even if with the right options and in sports plus mode the car is pretty sporty )

The GT3 is becoming the ' sports road ' car now  and still a killer on the track. But it is more and more adapted to every day usage . 

The GT3  RS is the real hard core car .

Note that Pneuninger has now stated twice that : the S-PDK is   MORE   involving then a manual.

For the one who have had ' extended' use of the PDK ( specially on a track , or very winding road at high speed ) can probably understand what he means. The ones who only had brief test drives with PDK , or that did not use it on a track or on very spirited drives, will have to see by themselves and put the prejudice on the side Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Many congrats Nick, great choice!

Please report your first impressions, whenever you get the car. kiss

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764638 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436683 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261132 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258039 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82693 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877052 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809149 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM