Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari F70 mule spied! (So much less camouflage)

Milanno:

A lot of people from US are worried about license plate fitting. In terms of dimensions it fits perfectly, since lower part if flat and upper part is pronounced where lights are placed. I have no information about lights regulations in US, so I will not comment that.

Americans worry about license plate fitting at the rear and Europeans worry about license plate fitting at the front, isnt't that funny. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Here's some design sketches for those of you who (like me) enjoy looking at this part of the process

LaFerrari-Interior-Design-Sketch-02.jpgLaFerrari-Interior-Design-Sketch-01.jpg

LaFerrari-Design-Sketches-01.jpgLaFerrari-Design-Sketch-06.jpgLaFerrari-Design-Sketch-05.jpgLaFerrari-Design-Sketch-04.jpgLaFerrari-Design-Sketch-03.jpgLaFerrari-Design-Sketch-02.jpgLaFerrari-Design-03.jpgLaFerrari-011.jpgLaFerrari-Interior-Design-Sketch-05.jpgLaFerrari-Chassis-and-Bodyshell.jpgLaFerrari-Interior-Design-Sketch-04.jpgLaFerrari-Design-04.jpgLaFerrari-Interior-Design-Sketch-03.jpg

yellow looks sick from face on.  I like the white too!  Nice work.  

bhnyc:

yellow looks sick from face on.  I like the white too!  Nice work.  

Yes, yellow looks the best for the moment

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

the more i look at this car the more i love it, it's really of another league!!!!

compliments to futch again, fully understand why he choosed this one instead of the 918!!!

--

993 c2

xander71:

the more i look at this car the more i love it, it's really of another league!!!!

compliments to futch again, fully understand why he choosed this one instead of the 918!!!

I love Porsche but I cannot see why anyone would choose a 918 over this.

Ferrari are setting the standard these days, and with collaborations like the one with Apple - from a business and technical perspective - there is no stopping them. Great achievement.

Great sketches Enma! thanks for postingSmiley

boytronic:
    I love Porsche but I cannot see why anyone would choose a 918 over this.

The only reason would be not being one of the selected few who will get an allocation. In that case though, I would think that the P1 would be the first port of call.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

I have great idea for interior color combination, but Im still searching for proper images of interior where seats are properly showed :)

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com
    My renders are free for using & sharing, as long as my credits are untouched.

I have to say, when one looks at all the "ultra" super cars available today (and the 918 to come) my overwhelming choice (if I could afford it) would be the LaFerrari!

Porsche disappoints for downgrading from V10 (instead of upgrading to H12 / V12) to a V8 + battery pack enlightened

BiTurbo:

Porsche disappoints for downgrading from V10 (instead of upgrading to H12 / V12) to a V8 + battery pack enlightened

V12...what for, v10 too... These engines are going to die. They are not interesting in development today. They are large, that makes weight distribution a headache, weight a lot, consume petrol etc. v8 that weights 130kg is much more interesting;)

--

sportcars-history.com

kudryavchik:
    BiTurbo:

V12...what for, v10 too... These engines are going to die. They are not interesting in development today. They are large, that makes weight distribution a headache, weight a lot, consume petrol etc. v8 that weights 130kg is much more interesting;)

That is so boring.... V12s will never die. Their sound, balance and power delivery is unsurpassed.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    kudryavchik:
    BiTurbo:

That is so boring.... V12s will never die. Their sound, balance and power delivery is unsurpassed.

Already passed, maybe except "sound". By the way, v10 sounds much better than v12. This is not boring, this is automobile industry tendencies. FACT. 

Everything else is a fan bazar talking, nothing more...Smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

Listen to a Ferrari V12 vs a Ferrari V10  Formula 1 engine and then tell us which sounds better.

Also listen to a 599 GTO or an Enzo vs a Carrera GT or an LFA and do the same.

As for your alleged facts, where are they? Pagani has a V12, LaFerrari has a V12, Aventador has a V12. Porsche and MacLaren have smaller V8s. Where is the tendency then? 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:

Listen to a Ferrari V12 vs a Ferrari V10  Formula 1 engine and then tell us which sounds better.

Also listen to a 599 GTO or an Enzo vs a Carrera GT or an LFA and do the same.

As for your alleged facts, where are they? Pagani has a V12, LaFerrari has a V12, Aventador has a V12. Porsche and MacLaren have smaller V8s. Where is the tendency then? 

I have listened all of them. To me LFA and CGT are much better. But its my opinion. The best sound possibly is Mazda 787 Group C racer sound, but its 4 section rotor engine.

If I am not wrong Pagani uses AMG engines that are derived from 1998&1999 MB CLK-GTR racers. These are quite old engines. LaFerrari uses 9 years old concept... Aventador has a new engine - but there is no revolution. Its evolution. Really I don't see something interesting or extraordinary in V12 engines today. But again - its my opinion.

Tendency: new panamera V6 (rumors), developing H4 for boxster|cayman, aa-new MB, BMW and VW compressor or turbo engines. Future is for relatively small high efficiency engines. Even if you open engine regulations in racing, I doubt you will see V12 there. Mostly V8 with turbos or compressors or combined+Kers. Its the better way - less weight, less fuel consumption, better weight distribution.

Anyway, resuming. every cylinder formation has its own advantages and disadvantages. V12, V16, H/B 6,8,12 are greatly balanced but heavy. V8 has worse balance but better in weight. V6 are disasterous in balancing but cheaper. Boxers are the greatest engines in terms of balancing but it is very difficult to make them stressed units (for motorsport f.e.), they are also more expensive and more difficult to service. V12 180 for example are one of the greatest in terms of performance but very long and can only be used in midengined cars because of exhaust. So there is nothing ideal, but future as I said above is for small, high efficiency, charged engines. Also, I think sooner or later we should expect carbon fiber engine blocks in racing. F1 and LMP already have CF gearbox housings.

--

sportcars-history.com

Motorsports move towards smaller, turbocharged engines; fact. These engines are going to sound horribly and fans will be disappointed; prediction. This has nothing to do with the purity of engineering design. If we were to choose, who wouldn't go for a 1500 BHP 3.5 litre V12 revving at 25,000 RPM? Ferrari is simply following this route for the road cars and cheers for that!!! I hate those turbo hoovers...

PS: LaFerrari's engine is loosely based on the the engine of the F12 but has 300 different parts. Also both engines are based on FXX's engine which was meant to be transplanted to the new Enzo anyway. So that engine is as special as it gets since it is derived from the FXX Evo. ;)

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:

Motorsports move towards smaller, turbocharged engines; fact. These engines are going to sound horribly and fans will be disappointed; prediction. This has nothing to do with the purity of engineering design. If we were to choose, who wouldn't go for a 1500 BHP 3.5 litre V12 revving at 25,000 RPM? Ferrari is simply following this route for the road cars and cheers for that!!! I hate those turbo hoovers...

PS: LaFerrari's engine is loosely based on the the engine of the F12 but has 300 different parts. Also both engines are based on FXX's engine which was meant to be transplanted to the new Enzo anyway. So that engine is as special as it gets since it is derived from the FXX Evo. ;)

F1 turbo era is the greatest era of this class - to me... They will sound good - different, but good. 80s engines sounded great.

I think V6 turbo around 15k rpm like Newey designed for gt5 game))) Smiley No need for 25k rpm, even for 20k. Only because of currents regulations manufacturers had to use pneumatic valves actuators to make engines rotate so fast. In fact these engines have a very narrow HP and torque range. Going to disagree about purity of engineering...Anyway don't want to argue here. We don't know. But from history books - there was a time in 70s - there was a series named Can-Am. Group 7 cars, almost no rules, engineers made whatever they wanted to do... In 1974 series died... Costs... 

You are talking like apple marketing dept: "in our new iOS version we have added 300 new features"))) But nobody can even make a list. Anyway like iOS it is based on a same core - engine blockSmiley Made a small parallel)))

Are you sure that ferrari has designed 100% new engine for FXX? I doubt...

--

sportcars-history.com

To my ears at least the turbo engines of the 1980's sounded horribly compared to their V12 atmospheric successors. That is my humble opinion of course my friend.

I have read some technical analyses that suggest that the V6s in 2014 will be revving at 12,000 RPM and not at the FIA limit of 15k RPM as this will be the optimum point for their power/consumption curve based on the restrictions that the FIA has placed on the fuel flow. I dread to hear that sound, I really do mate! 

No, the FXX engine is an evolution of the Enzo engine. The engine of LaFerrari has almost nothing in common with the engine of the Enzo though. They were just born in the same place and they are brothers.

Anyway, LaFerrari should be a real monster and I bet that it will annihilate the P1 in a straight line. After all, Ferrari claims less than 15s and McLaren less than 17s for the 0-300 km/h sprint... 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:

To my ears at least the turbo engines of the 1980's sounded horribly compared to their V12 atmospheric successors. That is my humble opinion of course my friend.

I have read some technical analyses that suggest that the V6s in 2014 will be revving at 12,000 RPM and not at the FIA limit of 15k RPM as this will be the optimum point for their power/consumption curve based on the restrictions that the FIA has placed on the fuel flow. I dread to hear that sound, I really do mate! 

No, the FXX engine is an evolution of the Enzo engine. The engine of LaFerrari has almost nothing in common with the engine of the Enzo though. They were just born in the same place and they are brothers.

Anyway, LaFerrari should be a real monster and I bet that it will annihilate the P1 in a straight line. After all, Ferrari claims less than 15s and McLaren less than 17s for the 0-300 km/h sprint... 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Will see, quite possible 12k is an optimum. 

I am more intersted now what LMP1 2014 will look like. Interesting times)

How do they differ except displacement? 

Ultimatecarpage about fxx: To suit a particular track the angle of the rear spoiler can be adjusted by the driver. The biggest news was found under the large engine cover; a 6.2 litre version of the 6 litre engine found in the Enzo and MC12. Ferrari claims the engine produces at least 800 bhp and we have no reason to doubt that.

Sure about P1 and LF will be performance monsters, but next bugatti will annihilate them both. Also Koenigsegg will be faster. I like there porsche way more. They look for efficiency, optimisation.

--

sportcars-history.com

Except for displacement they have different engine heads (DFI vs MPI), different intakes (have you seen the huge plenums of the F12/LaFerrari?), different internals and of course LaFerrari revs out at 9250 RPM.

Next Bugatti is a conjecture and even if it is a monsterin a straight line it won't be round a circuit. That car is just a dragster.  

Efficiency is for Priuses IMHO.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:

Except for displacement they have different engine heads (DFI vs MPI), different intakes (have you seen the huge plenums of the F12/LaFerrari?), different internals and of course LaFerrari revs out at 9250 RPM.

Next Bugatti is a conjecture and even if it is a monsterin a straight line it won't be round a circuit. That car is just a dragster.  

Efficiency is for Priuses IMHO.

Ok, is the block the same?

I don't know... We will see in Frankfurt I think. Veyron is like 917 for Mr. Piech. Child of his great fantasy to annihilate everything on its waySmiley 

Efficiency is for everything. Business, mechanisms, time... 

--

sportcars-history.com

The block is related, perhaps it is the same.

Dr Piech should get into F1 if he really wants to fight with the big boys...

Efficiency is nothing when the other hypercars smoke you in a straight line or round a track mate. 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:

The block is related, perhaps it is the same.

Dr Piech should get into F1 if he really wants to fight with the big boys...

Efficiency is nothing when the other hypercars smoke you in a straight line or round a track mate. 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Who are big boys in F1? 2 manufacturers - Ferrari and Mercedes - not interesting. Fighting with Lotus, Red Bull, India and etc is not interesting - for what, who are these to fight with them? Piech is interested to fight with manufacturers. Against mercedes he fights in DTM. Against ferrari in GT.

Have you seen 918 been smoked? I - no. Lets wait. 

--

sportcars-history.com

The big boys in F1 are 1) Ferrari, 2) McLaren.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Maybe I am totally out of game but in my book Renault is pretty high in F1 (behind scenes)

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com

Ferrari has 219 F1 wins, McLaren has 182. Renault has... 35.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

I know that, but I was referring to other things...sorry for spam LOL

--

My favorite sounding cars are the CGT and the M5 V10 and also some AMGs and BMWs. Ferrari's sound great too almost always.

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather (Canada)
    1991 BMW 318i Brilliantrot/Black Leather (Germany)

Ex: '89 525i, '74 280E, '87 325is, '86 325e, '05 FF, '85.5 944

Pagani Zonda is unbeatable in sound IMO. My wish is to hear that monster in live when I visit Pagani factory in May this year :)

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688829 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408832 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255585 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234837 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65428 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857682 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773581 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM