Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari F70 mule spied! (So much less camouflage)

What photo?

We are are not arguing, we are exchanging views.

Most Ferrari supercars share engines. The 288 was a homologation special but never raced, the F40 used practically the same engine with changes - noone complained about that -, the F50 was F1 derived, the Enzo had its engine tamed and transplanted to the 599 and we come to LaFerrari. LaFerrari used the 6.26 litre V12 that was basically evolved for her through the FXX programme. That engine in itself traces its roots to the Enzo! Everything has changed though! Lighter block, bigger displacement, inlet manifords and plenums, cylinder heads, cams, crankshaft... everything. If you want to find out more about this masterpiece here you are: http://www.laferrari.com/en/gallery/ Watch the videos, especially the HY-KERS one. You will see how they used technology now banned even in F1 in that V12!

918 more hp/litre? I don't think so... It actually has the same power as the 4 year old 458 but with 100 cc more. Making a huge V12 rev to 9250 and producing 128 hp/litre is nothing short of astonishing!!! Of course the FXX Evo has some 137 per litre but that's the same engine with a more liberal exhaust and no need to adhere to any regulations.

Those 15 seconds will be easily achievable by anyone. Just put the car on launch control mode and go! Past experience suggests (and the Ferrari people implied this today) that less than 15s will be achieved by magazine tests. ;)

I am happy you are happy with the 918, even though an 800 hp hypercar with 1700 kilos of weight is not my cup of tea.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

hahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah LA FERRARI? ARE YOU F*%&$ING SERIOUS mail

Anyways, the F70 looks quite nice. I love the side profile and the rear is quite sexy. The front F1 imitation styled nose with that lower red section is just a bit silly but I am sure in all black this will be the hottest thing ever. As for performance, well I bet it will own everything! For now...

Atzporsche:

Anyways, the F70 looks quite nice.

There is no such car. There is only "LaFerrari". Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    Atzporsche:

There is no such car. There is only "F70". Smiley

You're welcome Smiley

RT members refer to their cars as 997, 996 etc too. I refer to my BMWs as e36 and e34 over 318i and 535i Smiley

Amazing .  Did anyone by chance find the weight?

I had a look here: http://www.laferrari.com/en/techicalspecifications/

No mention on weight. Should be among the technical advantages of this car vs P1 and 918

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

With that front showing so much black plastic trim (I know it's CF) but it still looks silly... I would spec it in Nero! Black interior with red stitching!

m4ever:

No mention on weight. Should be among the technical advantages of this car vs P1 and 918

Rumors says 1255kg dry

--

sportcars-history.com

palenimbus:

What photo?

Unfortunately, I am on iPad, can't post it... Will try tomorrow;)

--

sportcars-history.com

Between the 918, P1 and the Oui La LaFerrari, I think the 918 looks the best. I thought the P1 was ugly but this one takes the cake. 918 has the cleanest lines, the other 2 has way too much kiddie appendixes attached onto the body work

If I am Futch, I would have a look at the F1 in the garage and be extremely satisfied and skipped all 3.

c4c:

Maybe I was expecting too much! broken heart

Starting to appreciate the 918 and the P1 much more now! kiss

This!

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com
    My renders are free for using & sharing, as long as my credits are untouched.

kudryavchik:
    m4ever:

Rumors says 1255kg dry

Yes I heard that too, though I find it strange that the weight is not reported in the tech specs.

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

Atzporsche:
    REALZEUS:
    Atzporsche:

There is no such car. There is only "F70". Smiley

You're welcome Smiley

RT members refer to their cars as 997, 996 etc too. I refer to my BMWs as e36 and e34 over 318i and 535i Smiley

Then you will have to call it the F150, as this was the Project Name. Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Ferrari's 70th anniversary is in 2017. 

Just got off the phone with my Italian buddy.. he doesn't believe it's called LeFerrari LOL. Pretty sure I will win that $100 once he goes online. That will go straight in the Porsche fund, that new GT3 is stunning no

I was talking about bespoke engines for road cars. Thats great to have motorsport derived engine, but seeing engine from fellow cars makes the drivetrain not so special. I have seen all the videos in 5 mins after site have been opened, thanks;) I dont see something very special in variable inlets. Koenigsegg valveless engine-that is special.

i see you make some mistakes comparing cv and hp)) these are a bit different metrics))) talking about hp -la ferrari has 789 hp by v12;)

We dont have official power figures on 918 engine - so nothing to talk about.

Lets see these 15 secs. We have to see. I dont believe ferrari official figures.

expect more hp and less than 1600 weight) nothing is final before official numbers.Smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

Atzporsche:

Just got off the phone with my Italian buddy.. he doesn't believe it's called LeFerrari LOL. Pretty sure I will win that $100 once he goes online. That will go straight in the Porsche fund, that new GT3 is stunning no

Offtop, but how do these rockers work, is it smthg like desmodromic actuators?

--

sportcars-history.com

I expected a lot bigger difference in sound between F12 & F70. 

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com

While I certainly prefer the F70 over the crazy looking P1, I too think the 918 is stunning compared to both. The Ferrari is quite nice and will be very special but I will also wait for all the official figures to come out independently from Ferrari. Same goes for the 918 which we know pretty much nothing about yet. Like I said, this F70 is pretty cool.. Ferrari plays the F1 heritage which works and it's quite advanced and will be very damn fast. A true successor to the F60.

kudryavchik:

i see you make some mistakes comparing cv and hp)) these are a bit different metrics))) talking about hp -la ferrari has 789 hp by v12;)

Lets see these 15 secs. We have to see. I dont believe ferrari official figures.

Usually they say BHP when they are referring to our imperial system. Otherwise HP is (almost) the same as CV or PS. Let's talk in CV/PS since manufacturers speak in those terms. 

You shouldn't believe them really! In reality their cars are even quicker than that as all the magazines and owners have seen. Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    kudryavchik:

Usually they say BHP when they are referring to our imperial system. Otherwise HP is (almost) the same as CV or PS. Let's talk in CV/PS since manufacturers speak in those terms. 

You shouldn't believe them really! In reality their cars are even quicker than that as all the magazines and owners have seen. Smiley

Where is Chris Harris?Smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

Probably back at Zuffenhausen. smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Gents, Futch has just arrived. indecision

laferrari.jpg

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

2014 is going to be a good year to be a valet parker in Monaco. 

Strangely the F70 in black looks like a 458 with a Mansory body kit.

Rossi:

Gents, Futch has just arrived. indecision

laferrari.jpg

OUhhh that's nice, thank you Rossi! Nice find!!! Black with the same red/black interior as the Geneva car, thank you very much.

The kerb weight of the car is 1365 kgs, exactly the same as the Enzo. On paper that is. Free of charge options are infotainment and front lifter. Cost option are carbon fibre finish for the mirrors and the roof.

I spent some time at the presentation chatting with two of the designers behind the car, both french, one named Johann who was a top bloke, both in their mid 30s, pretty cool job for young designers. He said he took inspiration from Formula 1, the P4 and Catamarans for the front and the rear (those two vertical lines). The animal that inspired him was the crab (for the strength of the body shell or something like that). Anyway, really really nice guy and to me, a huge pride that it is LaFrenchCar!Smiley

Once in front of the car, I asked the other french guy, so where to you put the front licence plate? 

Ermmm... I don't know. Smiley

ok never mind, we'll figure something.

And then I asked, how much luggage space? Similar to the Enzo, in other words, pack light!

Needless to day, he was totally unimpressed with my questions.

But that's because I was so impressed with the rest honestly.Smiley

Futch I think you was right about black color when we discussed your choice couple days ago. I`ve made color adjustments on rear and some filtering on photo below. I was blown off how rear looks good in black.

(right click on photo & open in new tab to see photo in full resolution)

--

WOW

--

993 c2

Thank you Milanno!

Que bella Machina!!!Smiley

Futch:
    Gnil:

Futch, now tell us what made you switch from the 918 to the Ferrari ?  Like this the car does not look like a ' must have' .

Now you see why I've ordered mine in black, in reality, the car looks spectacular, the side and rear are gorgeous but the front is too aggressive. The interior is awesome.

The 918 is gorgeous but heavy and complexe. And they're making too many. My prediction is that it will crash in value. at 500k euros, it could be interesting. But by then, the new 458 competitor could be out, this will be the car to get imo.

That plus the fact I was treated like a meaningfull scumbag when I ordered my Cayenne diesel sealed the deal. I'm not asking for the moon but from someone who owns more than twenty Porsches, a 1% discount would have been nice.

Futch, I reckon its all down to the dealership, i have vowed never to go back to OPC Reading which I reckon your layalty stands. I tried ordering a car from them and they refused any sort of discount whatsoever, I took my business to Silverstone and they gave me a hefty discount on a car that hasnt been released yet.

I have ordered 3 cars fromthem and they always treat me like a jewel ! Also bear in mind that OPC reading is under Porsche GB while Silverstone is under Sytner Group

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690017 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409482 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255852 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235088 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65594 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858225 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774361 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM