Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Porsche festival

Two very special days between friends, some amazing machines, including the 8 porsches pictured here for a future article in french magazine Flat 6. All mine except the 917 which belongs to a friend. Some of you will notice my latest purchase, a 908-03 factory car Martini livery, one of 10 factory cars and this one of only four original chassis left! 

I mostly spent time in the GT3R in order to get ready for the racing season but I made sure I drove all the others.

Here are my quick impressions: The 935 was a rebuilt after the engine failure at Le Mans classic and feels stronger than ever, the 910, not pictured here sadly after a contact with the GT3R Smiley has a new injection fitted and was epic, as always.

The 956 is scary with a capital F, the gear ratios are all wrong, 200 kmh in 2nd gear! Smiley and 3rd and 4th ratios all messed up but shit is it fast!

The 908 was super fun, so light, so agile, 330 hp for 550 kgs, enough said. I didn't spend much time in it because for me, it is too unsafe, tubular aluminium chassis, you DO NOT wanna carsh, so I had my fun and then stopped.

The 4.0 was awesome but tyres were getting tired and pushed to the limit and then we fitted slicks and it was just another car, not quite a Cup, but wash! Epic, PASM to sport and disable TC as it is setup for road tyres but the car is fabulous, great genes!

The GT3 RS 3.6 was great but the gear ratios are way too long, especially after the 4.0, both car, end of the main straight, the 4.0 in 5th, the 3.6 in 4th!!!! Not good. So for the next trackday, I will change the ratios and buy some slicks too, apart from that, the RS is still epic.

The Cup and the GT3R are fabulous of course. I have ordered the 2013 kit for the R which should arrive soon. Of the two the Cup is the most difficult but also the more rewarding to drive. The R is just a sledgehammer, ABS and TC make this car easy. The laptimes don't lie, I was 1s slower than Manu Collard in the R and more than 2s in the Cup.

IMG_0475.jpg

This is the 4.0 on Slicks, isn't she pretty on 18" BBS?Smiley You all know what I think about big rims on production cars, ugly and ridiculous.

IMG_0476.jpg

It was about time to change the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup on the 4.0!

1362321183169IMG_0478.jpg

Re: Porsche festival

Oh man.....I don't know what to say.... Simply a dreamangel Amazing collection! kiss  How many cars do you have in your collection, if may I ask? And why did you sold your Carrera GT(I believe not because of financial reason)? For me CGT in condition that you had, is a perfect keeper

--

Great Porsches! Is your friends car is the 917 built by group C regulations by1982?

908/3 is outstanding! Crazy car for crazy drivers!angel

--

sportcars-history.com

Futch, this is fantastic to see how you use and enjoy these cars. Hope to see you in Dubai next year.

Truly amazing François, what a collection. angel If I could take just one home, I think it would be the 4.0 (which indeed looks stunning on the 18" BBS).

Thanks for sharing!

SportCarGroup:

Oh man.....I don't know what to say.... Simply a dreamangel Amazing collection! kiss  How many cars do you have in your collection, if may I ask? And why did you sold your Carrera GT(I believe not because of financial reason)? For me CGT in condition that you had, is a perfect keeper

I haven't sold the CGT and never will. Best modern sports car ever made.

kudryavchik:

Great Porsches! Is your friends car is the 917 built by group C regulations by1982?

908/3 is outstanding! Crazy car for crazy drivers!angel

This 917 Malardeau is famous because is was the last 917 to ever compete in the 24h du Mans.

Porker:

Truly amazing François, what a collection. angel If I could take just one home, I think it would be the 4.0 (which indeed looks stunning on the 18" BBS).

Thanks for sharing!

I didn't think the 4.0 would fare so well on slicks, or any GT3 for that matter. What an amazing versatility for a road car!

Futch:
    SportCarGroup:

Oh...Ok, because when I asked in your "956" thread why there is no CGT in your collection several Rennteamers told me that you had one....

mikigta:

Futch has a black CGT

Whoopsy:

He has one.

So I was wondering what could be a reason for such a car-fan like you, to sell a piece of art such as CGT. Now I am calm, it's there Smiley Smiley

--

908/03 ????????????????angelangelangel

I think I missed something....just unbelieveable...fantastic!!!

Congrats, again

Blueflame

Futch, your collection of cars is amazing! The photo with all of them lined up is like a little boy's dream. blush

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

SportCarGroup:
    Futch:
    SportCarGroup:

Oh...Ok, because when I asked in your "956" thread why there is no CGT in your collection several Rennteamers told me that you had one....

mikigta:

Futch has a black CGT

Whoopsy:

He has one.

So I was wondering what could be a reason for such a car-fan like you, to sell a piece of art such as CGT. Now I am calm, it's there Smiley Smiley

I must admit I haven't driven a lot lately but I am looking forward to it, she is currently in storage in Reading. You are right, this car is masterpiece, one of the purest driving experience for a modern sports car, it is a phenomenal machine, quite possible the best road car Porsche has ever made, imho.

Futch:
    SportCarGroup:
    Futch:
    SportCarGroup:

mikigta:

Futch has a black CGT

Whoopsy:

He has one.

I must admit I haven't driven a lot lately but I am looking forward to it, she is currently in storage in Reading. You are right, this car is masterpiece, one of the purest driving experience for a modern sports car, it is a phenomenal machine, quite possible the best road car Porsche has ever made, imho.

110% agreeSmiley

--

Futch:

Two very special days between friends, some amazing machines, including the 8 porsches pictured here for a future article in french magazine Flat 6. All mine except the 917 which belongs to a friend. Some of you will notice my latest purchase, a 908-03 factory car Martini livery, one of 10 factory cars and this one of only four original chassis left! 

I mostly spent time in the GT3R in order to get ready for the racing season but I made sure I drove all the others.

Here are my quick impressions: The 935 was a rebuilt after the engine failure at Le Mans classic and feels stronger than ever, the 910, not pictured here sadly after a contact with the GT3R Smiley has a new injection fitted and was epic, as always.

[...]

The Cup and the GT3R are fabulous of course. I have ordered the 2013 kit for the R which should arrive soon. Of the two the Cup is the most difficult but also the more rewarding to drive. The R is just a sledgehammer, ABS and TC make this car easy. The laptimes don't lie, I was 1s slower than Manu Collard in the R and more than 2s in the Cup.

IMG_0475.jpg

Purely, purely awesome! Apart from your "latest" acquisition, the 908, I don´t even recall that you purchased a 935. The selection you gathered in recent times is truly spectacular, each of those cars has so much depth and relevance that is already impressive, having crammed them into one truck and place them in sunny weather in Spain is certainly every big boy´s dream.

Curious about the tire, is that the left rear tire? Looks surprising to me, the specs seem to be far too conservative for track use...

Futch:
    SportCarGroup:
    Futch:
    SportCarGroup:

mikigta:

Futch has a black CGT

Whoopsy:

He has one.

Btw,the one who sold his CGT was Mike S. He has a black one. That's why guys mixed up Smiley

--

Ferdie:
    Futch:

[...]

IMG_0475.jpg

Purely, purely awesome! Apart from your "latest" acquisition, the 908, I don´t even recall that you purchased a 935. The selection you gathered in recent times is truly spectacular, each of those cars has so much depth and relevance that is already impressive, having crammed them into one truck and place them in sunny weather in Spain is certainly every big boy´s dream.

Curious about the tire, is that the left rear tire? Looks surprising to me, the specs seem to be far too conservative for track use...

Thank you!

Yes it is the left rear tyre. Monteblanco is a track with a lot of right turns. The 4.0 arrived in Spain with tired tyres already but still, for me, the Michelin Cup is a compromise. It's pretty useless on the road, especially on the wet and on the track, it operates in pretty narrow temperature margin, i.e. it needs to be warm and at 2 bars to work and when it does, it's cooked in less than two hours.

It's a good tyre, you just need to know these facts. 

The ideal solution is the supersport for the road and slicks for the track, but it's even more of a compromise!

A dream come true !!! It is so great that you are able to have this collection ( which will probably become of of the top private one in the world, no ? )  And that you got to have them all at the same time on a track ! I bet you did not have enough time.... you would need a week , no ?

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Futch, what do you think about RS Spyder in DHL livery?Smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

@ Futch - pic from my house - is this your car? Front is different...

Blueflame

IMG_4083.JPG

Futch, you are going to have to be careful with your posts because  you will make us blasé about such exotica. angry  But keep them coming!  Glad to see I'm not the only one who's anti the big wheels

--

Gen II Cayman S

You surely had some great fun. Smiley

Keep em coming... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

OMG, I am just speechless.. Porsche AG must be jealous. Amazing, amazing collection. You love these cars, take care of them, respect and value their history and yet you really just enjoy them and drive them! Kudos to you and thanks for sharing.. I will look out for the Flat 6 magazine, a good way to learn French.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688496 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408685 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234765 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65384 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857555 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773336 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM