Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 spyshots thread (continued) (for UNRELEASED models only) Thread Closed

Gnil:

911rox:

Budster:

thierry:

Kreso,

to be clear : ALL what you see is most of the time 98% verified, and of course YES we want you to continue teasing us on news !Smiley

Why tease?  Why not just spill the beans?

Agreed! I'm sure the PIA (Porsche Intelligence Agency) won't try to track you down! Smiley

If we get too greedy we will end up with nothing.

I can understand Kreso needs to stay vague otherwise his source could be in trouble .

x2 exactly!

--

Easy fix... Inbox details to me, I will release and then the PIA will chase me for the source, haha...  With thousands of employees, I doubt anyone from Porsche can work out whom Kreso's contact is.... ;)

In any case, I'm only stirring you... Not in the market for the next gt3 and therefore not dying to know the details... Just keen to see if Porsche have managed to make enough poor decisions to alienate their whole enthusiast GT following... Smiley

911rox:

Easy fix... Inbox details to me, I will release and then the PIA will chase me for the source, haha...  With thousands of employees, I doubt anyone from Porsche can work out whom Kreso's contact is.... ;)

In any case, I'm only stirring you... Not in the market for the next gt3 and therefore not dying to know the details... Just keen to see if Porsche have managed to make enough poor decisions to alienate their whole enthusiast GT following... Smiley

couldnt agree more...in every organisation with more than 10,000 employees..there is a risk of certain information leaks...this happens on the stock market every day!..plus there are so many other forums out there..Kreso always had good info..but if he or I would tell you the new GT3 would kost 80K..what would that change..Smiley..nothing...even if the CEO read it personally - so what;..this forum is not an official Porsche forum (to my knowlege there is no real official Porsche forum)..and there are many on the internet..no organisation can control whats being written about it on the internet..some are even realising the negative effects of being on facebook..recent vodafone issue.

So anyhow..we can discuss here what we want..Smiley

I am pretty sure Porsche has solved all the matters on GT3. It's too late to change 2-3 weeks before release.

Kreso, I look forward to your posts and relish the information they provide.kiss

Like many on this board, I also have expressed my concern about the overpricing of the 991 models. So much so, that though I am thinking of getting back into the sport car market Porsche pricing has discouraged me from considering them.cheeky

Since the 991 is not selling all that well (much of which I suspect has to do with the pricing) what should Porsche do? I suppose they can provide options at lower prices or no charge. They also can make leasing or financing very attractive. Or they can work with the dealers to liberalize trade in value of older 911's. Sadly, once you price the model it is difficult to turn back. Restricting production or allocations depending on geography only postpones the growing problem.

I know Porsche prides itself on being the most profitable car company in the world with envious margins. However, they need to remember how they got that way. We the buyers put them where they are. Maybe it is time for Porsche to give back.

--

nberry:

Kreso, I look forward to your posts and relish the information they provide.kiss

Like many on this board, I also have expressed my concern about the overpricing of the 991 models. So much so, that though I am thinking of getting back into the sport car market Porsche pricing has discouraged me from considering them.cheeky

Since the 991 is not selling all that well (much of which I suspect has to do with the pricing) what should Porsche do? I suppose they can provide options at lower prices or no charge. They also can make leasing or financing very attractive. Or they can work with the dealers to liberalize trade in value of older 911's. Sadly, once you price the model it is difficult to turn back. Restricting production or allocations depending on geography only postpones the growing problem.

I know Porsche prides itself on being the most profitable car company in the world with envious margins. However, they need to remember how they got that way. We the buyers put them where they are. Maybe it is time for Porsche to give back.

hi nberry,

I feel the same..however, not everything is lost,,;)...the new caymen looks good, like the boxster..I think the 991 generation will loose at big chunk of 911 drivers either coming from 997 or 996 towards 981 boxster or caymen...I know already a few like this.

There will be a Caymen R-GT3 - whatever it will be called also some time soon I heard..maybe thats my future Porsche. My 997 GT "oldtimers" will however not be sold..

Carlos from Spain:
    Gnil:

911rox:

Budster:

thierry:

Kreso,

to be clear : ALL what you see is most of the time 98% verified, and of course YES we want you to continue teasing us on news !Smiley

Why tease?  Why not just spill the beans?

Agreed! I'm sure the PIA (Porsche Intelligence Agency) won't try to track you down! Smiley

If we get too greedy we will end up with nothing.

I can understand Kreso needs to stay vague otherwise his source could be in trouble .

x2 exactly!

I can understand that, but I can also understand that it might be someway overblown.  The specificity of the info proffered is probably less dangerous than giving out the fact that the loose-lipped employee has a first cousin in Croatia.  If the info was the specific heat capacity of a new metal allow being used in the turbo housing of the next Turbo S, or the  fastest N-Ring time ever recorded whilst playing Angry Birds on an iPhone 5 I could understand the risk.  But giving a few pieces of specific intel from a inside source would be really good.  Saying that some but not all on a list of items gives about 1,937,394 permutations and provides absolutely nothing of certainty on any.  Could give the impression that its just (good) guesswork, some of which crystallize.  Not that I'm doubting anyone.  Just saying the uncertainty is a bit overdone and might give some that impression.

I also enjoy Kreso and RC's posts but find the odd "inside scoop" occasionally unconvincing.  Just occasionally mind you.  Gotta go now: I'm meeting my best friend's brother's wife's landscape gardener's child's teacher's au pair: her mother's physiotherapists 2nd cousin works at Porsche.  Watch this space.

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

Tell us more about the "au pair" please indecision

--

"Form follows function"

indecision

reginos:

Tell us more about the "au pair" please indecision

Smiley Whahahaha, life is all about priorities!

Oh, btw, I found a nice emoticon that we could use if the whole discussion about the "PIA" hunting down Kreso comes up again: Smiley-shark.gif

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Budster:

I can understand that, but I can also understand that it might be someway overblown.  The specificity of the info proffered is probably less dangerous than giving out the fact that the loose-lipped employee has a first cousin in Croatia.  If the info was the specific heat capacity of a new metal allow being used in the turbo housing of the next Turbo S, or the  fastest N-Ring time ever recorded whilst playing Angry Birds on an iPhone 5 I could understand the risk.  But giving a few pieces of specific intel from a inside source would be really good.  Saying that some but not all on a list of items gives about 1,937,394 permutations and provides absolutely nothing of certainty on any.  Could give the impression that its just (good) guesswork, some of which crystallize.  Not that I'm doubting anyone.  Just saying the uncertainty is a bit overdone and might give some that impression.

I also enjoy Kreso and RC's posts but find the odd "inside scoop" occasionally unconvincing.  Just occasionally mind you.  Gotta go now: I'm meeting my best friend's brother's wife's landscape gardener's child's teacher's au pair: her mother's physiotherapists 2nd cousin works at Porsche.  Watch this space.

Yes, forget the inside info. Tell us about the au pair... Smiley

I can wholeheartedly understand Kreso and RC. It is not only the information per se but the fact that it was told in confidence that would keep me from mentioning it in public. That includes internet forums.

Smiley

GTlover:
    911rox:

couldnt agree more...in every organisation with more than 10,000 employees..there is a risk of certain information leaks...this happens on the stock market every day!..plus there are so many other forums out there..Kreso always had good info..but if he or I would tell you the new GT3 would kost 80K..what would that change..Smiley..nothing...even if the CEO read it personally - so what;..this forum is not an official Porsche forum (to my knowlege there is no real official Porsche forum)..and there are many on the internet..no organisation can control whats being written about it on the internet..some are even realising the negative effects of being on facebook..recent vodafone issue.

You guys ever heard about something called about a canary trap? That is exactly the reason why some sensitive information on this board is vague. 

Porsche do check this board regularly. 

You guys ever heard about something called about a canary trap? That is exactly the reason why some sensitive information on this board is vague. 

1360981640605tweety trap.jpg

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

Oh please! We know its a car carrying the GT3 badge with a domestic grade motor, a pdk box as the only option to alienate all existing GT customers, centrelock wheels that will continue to snap off unless we follow ridiculous maintenance schedules to keep them from snapping off because Porsche don't want to admit it was a mistake to use them on te 997.2 and a seemingly lousy gain with their NBR laptime despite all the technology and advances they have added to make it a faster car.. And of course the rumoured massive price increases! Is there anything I missed that Porsche will tell me in two weeks time that will sway my opinion on their latest and greatest? 

Jeremy Clarkson used to joke about how you paid more to get less with the GT cars referring to options naturally but we got a whole lot more quality car for that money .... But now it would seem we are going to be paying even more for a whole lot less quality and what we want... They take a US$50k mezger motor out of the car, replace it with a US$20k-ish  dolled up 9a1 derivative that they won't even put in their cup cars and whack us a 10-20% price increase... Awesome!!! For Porsche's bottom line, that is....

Ps. If Porsche are reading forums, they are doing a very lousy job of interpreting what their GT customers want! 

911rox:

Oh please! We know its a car carrying the GT3 badge with a domestic grade motor, a pdk box as the only option to alienate all existing GT customers, centrelock wheels that will continue to snap off unless we follow ridiculous maintenance schedules to keep them from snapping off because Porsche don't want to admit it was a mistake to use them on te 997.2 and a seemingly lousy gain with their NBR laptime despite all the technology and advances they have added to make it a faster car.. And of course the rumoured massive price increases! Is there anything I missed that Porsche will tell me in two weeks time that will sway my opinion on their latest and greatest? 

Jeremy Clarkson used to joke about how you paid more to get less with the GT cars referring to options naturally but we got a whole lot more quality car for that money .... But now it would seem we are going to be paying even more for a whole lot less quality and what we want... They take a US$50k mezger motor out of the car, replace it with a US$20k-ish  dolled up 9a1 derivative that they won't even put in their cup cars and whack us a 10-20% price increase... Awesome!!! For Porsche's bottom line, that is....

Ps. If Porsche are reading forums, they are doing a very lousy job of interpreting what their GT customers want! 

Wow. 100% accurate!

We can only hope for a miracle now...

Whoopsy:

Nah, I really doubt that. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Perfectly said !

As customers we are really considered as milk cows !

Don t forget nevertheless that most of current Porsche customers  are cayenne and panamera  drivers now !

And most of 911 drivers also are happy with 991 turning into more  GT car !

time has changed ! But also some customers will go away..... And  I seriously think about a 458 now !

this is growing in me ....... Smiley

--

997 Carrera S Triple Black Sold now ... Good car 997 GT3 triple black wow what a car !!!

thierry:

Perfectly said !

As customers we are really considered as milk cows !

Don t forget nevertheless that most of current Porsche customers  are cayenne and panamera  drivers now !

And most of 911 drivers also are happy with 991 turning into more  GT car !

time has changed ! But also some customers will go away..... And  I seriously think about a 458 now !

Agreed Thierry, but it is motorsport that provides the exposure that Porsche generates such strong sales from. Traditionally, customers have been lured by motorsport to the sportscars (ie Carreras,Boxters) then added their family car purchases... It is the sportscars that have given their family car solutions credibility and draw with customers... If they continue to push away from their motorsport origins and people leave the brand in the sportscar sector, will the other models be able to command the same prices considering more cost effective options from Audi, VW... 

We already have Carreras and Carrera Ss for those 911 drivers wanting a grand tourer option. Certainly no shortage of options with so many variants... Why not leave a couple options for the enthusiasts that continue to relate closely to their motorsport offerings? There has to be something to take it to Ferrari and McLaren until the proposed future platforms take shape and fill the void... They certainly have never had a problem selling every single GT# car without having to discount... The same can't be said for any other model variant and yet as it would seem that they choose this loyal customer base to turn on its head! Go figure... Smiley

thierry:

Win some lose some, like in every business yes

BTW I know people who have bought Ferrari for driving not merely for exhibition, and are very disappointed. However, you meet very few who are willing to put down their expensive choice.

--

"Form follows function"

Is the 458 that bad as a drivers cars? What is left - McLaren?

reginos:
    thierry:

BTW I know people who have bought Ferrari for driving not merely for exhibition, and are very disappointed. However, you meet very few who are willing to put down their expensive choice.

--

"Form follows function"

The 458 is not a drivers car?heart Come on! I have owned Ferrari's and Porsche's and NEVER has Ferrari let me down as a drivers car. Your friends don't know cars.enlightened

--

Whoopsy:
    GTlover:
    911rox:

really? if so - rennteam is probably not the best choice for this? Why? because rennteam is s small forum..there are a few - long term - members here. This is good..but for a big organisation, the number of opinions expressed here are "statistically irrelevant"....if 1000 different opinions were expressed here..

By the way, a smal forum has its charme..thats why many are probably here..

boytronic:
    911rox:

Wow. 100% accurate!

We can only hope for a miracle now...

thats already 3..of us who have the same opinion..but I fear as a I just said..it will be "statistically irrelevant"...we need more votes..Smiley

I'm pretty sure that there are many repeat buyers that follow the GT# car phenomenon that feel exactly the same way but are holding onto their opinions until the final offering is announced. Opinions are bound to fly once these people realise how much has changed... 

Here are some new pictures of 991 GT3

2014-Porsche-911-GT3-front-side.jpg2014-Porsche-911-GT3-front-2.jpg

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

A few more pics of 991 GT3 completing additional winter testing

2014-Porsche-911-GT3-side-2.jpg2014-Porsche-911-GT3-front-side.jpg2014-Porsche-911-GT3-rear.jpg

--

It looks like the 997 GTS has been reincarnated as the 991 GT3. If you want the real race car experience you have to buy the RS - or a Cup car!

bobr:

A few more pics of 991 GT3 completing additional winter testing

2014-Porsche-911-GT3-side-2.jpg

Thanks bobr -- good to see a few more thousand miles testing on those 991 GT3 mules! Smiley

There has been considerable and justifiable concern about the very unattractive rear wing on the 991 GT3 mules... Smiley

From the photo above you can see there is clearly no "air-ram" intake -- which the 991 GT3 will certainly have -- so it seems reasonable to assume that this is NOT the final design of the engine cover at least! Smiley

Indeed, the 2013 Porsche 991 GT3 Cup has a huge "air-ram" intake...

2013-Porsche-911-GT3-Cup-7.jpg

...and the 2013 Porsche 991 GT3 RSR has large air-intakes in front of the wheel arches...

2013-Porsche-991-GT3-RSR_03.jpg

Smiley SmileySmiley

I wouldn't expect to see an air ram on the gt3... The 991 cars don't have much access to the motor from under the lid... Pretty sure what you see is what you'll get with a 9A1 derivative motor....

Air rams were a mezger feature in the past... Don't recall any  M96, M97, 9A1s with them... Smiley

nberry:
    reginos:
    thierry:

--

"Form follows function"

The 458 is not a drivers car?heart Come on! I have owned Ferrari's and Porsche's and NEVER has Ferrari let me down as a drivers car. Your friends don't know cars.enlightened

They must be a miserable bunch of  ignorants   indecision

BTW reading your posts about your Ferrari ownership, your emphasis is on the loud exhaust sound, the fear of heavy depreciation through real usage  and the image/third party attention you gain from F ownership. You hardly mention anything about driving on the road or track. Perhaps, because the more the F is driven, the higher the depreciation and the more prohibitive the running costs.

--

"Form follows function"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764384 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436535 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261053 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257974 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82644 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876902 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808967 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM