Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

House with Lamborghini Countach wall art

House with Lamborghini Countach wall art, must have crazy amounts of money.

--
    Porsche and other cars video collection

Re: House with Lamborghini Countach wall art

I really like this house but no real car nut would put a car on the wall, sorry to say that. No matter how much money you have. I would keep that puppy in my garage and drive it. Unless of course the owner has an insane amount of money, so he keeps one Countach on the wall and one in his garage. This would change things. indecision

I showed the house to my wife...this would be our dream house, really very very nice.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

The owner is worth about $135 million. 

And I guess it takes all types, you would have to pay me a significant amount of money for me to live in that house. 

--
    Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Dusting must be PITA... angrysmiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Mithras:

And I guess it takes all types, you would have to pay me a significant amount of money for me to live in that house. 

I love this house but I guess you can't argue about personal taste. Smiley

My wife would kill for such a house... Smiley Smiley (btw: her father is an internationally renowned professor for architecture Smiley)

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Mithras:

This is not an attack on you, but this is a silly expression that I really hate. A person is worth as much as his character and deeds are worth and they are not counted in money.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

He lost me when he mention the Countach is worth half a mill.

REALZEUS:
    Mithras:

This is not an attack on you, but this is a silly expression that I really hate. A person is worth as much as his character and deeds are worth and they are not counted in money.

The owner of the house has a financial net worth of about $135 million US dollars. As I don't know the man outside of having looked at his real estate developments before, I have no idea as to his character. His family is quite philanthropic but I won't speak to his personal deeds. 

I don't think you can put a monetary value on a person's character or deeds but seeing as people were talking about how much money he must have I gave them the answer. 

--

It had nothing to do with you mate. It's the expression that saddens me. It somewhat shows that the anglo-saxon values system is money-centred and that is just pathetic. 

Cheers!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Very well said:

A person is worth as much as his character and deeds are worth and they are not counted in money.

This is not new. Lamborghini had a Murcielago on the wall when I visited the museum in 2008. I took a close look and they use very large nuts to hold it on the wall!

boytronic:

This is not new. Lamborghini had a Murcielago on the wall when I visited the museum in 2008. I took a close look and they use very large nuts to hold it on the wall!

Better to use very large nuts, just think if it falls off... Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Seeing how the guy keeps his wine and drinks it makes me sick. Not to mention his cars.

This guy his a complete idiot, period.

Who keeps wine worth $200.000 in a place filled with day light, no temp. & humidity regulation?

This guy knows nothing about nothing. Just a big show off.

amazon:

Seeing how the guy keeps his wine and drinks it makes me sick. Not to mention his cars.

Who keeps wine worth $200.000 in a place filled with day light, no temp. & humidity regulation?

So what? He seems to show off his stuff pretty successfully. Smiley

I am sorry but I really don't get your anger here. At all. Smiley It is his money and he can do what he wants with it as long as he doesn't hurt anybody. Not sure why there is so much envy involved? I actually love people like this guy who seems to enjoy himself, his wealth and not take everything too serious.

Personally, I wouldn't put my car on a wall, I would rather drive it but maybe if I had his money, I wouldn't care if I had a bunch of other nice cars in my garage for driving, I don't know.

--

REALZEUS:

It had nothing to do with you mate. It's the expression that saddens me. It somewhat shows that the anglo-saxon values system is money-centred and that is just pathetic

Cheers!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Says the guy who doesn't have any money?... Smiley Smiley

Little hint from somebody who has friends with and without money: Humans are always the same, all over the world and from my experience, those who had very little and suddenly have a lot, are the worst because they actually are indeed very wealth oriented. Being wealthy is a good thing, not because it allows you to show off to people who are less fortunate but because money gives you freedom. The freedom to do whatever you want and wherever you want it. Only people who weren't always free actually understand this value of money.

--

Hear hear. Money is a means to an end, not the end itself. It lets you do the things you want and have the things you want. If you can do that without money then you don't need any. 

--

Mithras:

Hear hear. Money is a means to an end, not the end itself. It lets you do the things you want and have the things you want. If you can do that without money then you don't need any. 

Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Or better yet, use someone's hard earned money. 

Whoopsy:

Or better yet, use someone's hard earned money. 

Smiley Smiley

--

Mithras:

Hear hear. Money is a means to an end, not the end itself. It lets you do the things you want and have the things you want. If you can do that without money then you don't need any

Well...then someone must be a real loser because without money, in our world, you are a sucker which lives out of the pockets of others. My father always called these people parasites. Smiley

--

RC:
    Mithras:

Hear hear. Money is a means to an end, not the end itself. It lets you do the things you want and have the things you want. If you can do that without money then you don't need any

Well...then someone must be a real loser because without money, in our world, you are a sucker which lives out of the pockets of others. My father always called these people parasites. Smiley

No, if you can live in a cabin in the woods  that you made yourself (or on a tropical beach), catch/grow your own food and live a simple existence and be happy, then you don’t need money. You can be happy with a simple life and not need much either in material things or money. It’s the desire for more, to do things which aren’t easy to do from where you are (travel etc.) the desire to eat food that isn’t local or is a delicacy/rare that you don’t grow/hunt/source yourself, the desire to have things that other people made. Those are the things which demand money. The money itself doesn’t (or I contend, shouldn’t) be the thing which gives you pleasure, it’s the ability that money gives you that gives you pleasure. 

--

Mithras:

No, if you can live in a cabin in the woods  that you made yourself (or on a tropical beach), catch/grow your own food and live a simple existence and be happy, then you don’t need money. You can be happy with a simple life and not need much either in material things or money.

This only applies to people who don't know a different life. If someone lives in our society and decided to do what you described, he/she either can't cope with daily life/reality, thus has psychological issues or she/he is...a loser. Exactly my point.  Smiley

You are young, my Padawan... Smiley

--

Oh I don't know. I took approx. 15 months off from life, sailed around the world, lived on beaches, fished for food, traded cheap cigarettes and rum from Panama for pearls in the south pacific and food in Madagascar and St. Helena.

It took surprisingly little money, I was dirt poor doing it, but it was idyllic and I was immensely happy. I thought long and hard about never stopping. I knew life, true it wasn’t the hustle and bustle of urban life but I wasn’t disassociated from that either. I could easily cope with reality, I was just very happy with a more simple existence.  I don’t think I was a loser. At least I’m pretty sure I wasn’t ;). 

--

RC:
    amazon:

So what? He seems to show off his stuff pretty successfully. Smiley

I am sorry but I really don't get your anger here. At all. Smiley It is his money and he can do what he wants with it as long as he doesn't hurt anybody. Not sure why there is so much envy involved? I actually love people like this guy who seems to enjoy himself, his wealth and not take everything too serious.

Personally, I wouldn't put my car on a wall, I would rather drive it but maybe if I had his money, I wouldn't care if I had a bunch of other nice cars in my garage for driving, I don't know.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All

Smiley

I'm not angry - at all- at this guy. Nor am I envy of his wealth.

I'm just laughing at him because he has not idea what so ever about what he's buying. Smiley

What's the point of buying or owning such a car if you put it on a wall. Smiley   No car lover would do that. Same thing with the wine. He's better off buying a $15 bottle at the next door supermarket. There's just no point at all in buying expensive wine if you keep it sunny & warm, or if you drink it at the bottle like if it was some getorade.

The guy is just full of cash (and I'm happy for him) but, seriously, he has no passion and no knowledge about what he buys. I'm not even sure he's interested in learning about the stuff he owns.

That's why I say he's a pure show off.

Mithras:
    Oh I don't know. I took approx. 15 months off from life, sailed around the world, lived on beaches, fished for food, traded cheap cigarettes and rum from Panama for pearls in the south pacific and food in Madagascar and St. Helena.

It took surprisingly little money, I was dirt poor doing it, but it was idyllic and I was immensely happy. I thought long and hard about never stopping. I knew life, true it wasn’t the hustle and bustle of urban life but I wasn’t disassociated from that either. I could easily cope with reality, I was just very happy with a more simple existence.  I don’t think I was a loser. At least I’m pretty sure I wasn’t ;). 

SmileyI envy people that can live like that and would never call them a loser.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

993Targa:
    Mithras:

+ 1 .  This has nothing to do with a looser . It was a choice , and a very courageous one too Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Mithras:

And you've got class too, which is better than lots of cash Smiley

J.Seven

993Targa:
    Mithras:

Trust me, if you are forced to live like this for more than 7 years, like me, you have no understanding for such people. At all. Or to use my wife's words: If people have a too good life, they sometimes go nuts. Smiley

There are so many poor people out there and I appreciate and admire how they cope with their lives but I have no tolerance whatsoever for us spoiled people who live a good life and think that they need to try the "simple life". These people always have a possibility to return, this is not a life they lead, this is a vacation. Sorry, zero tolerance here.

--

They say in video 1974 Countach

I dont think they had wing and flared wheelarches in 1974

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690973 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410120 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256179 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235398 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65742 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858782 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775090 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM