Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

2013 Mercedes E 63 AMG

2013_E Class_1.jpg

source: autofacil.es

Re: 2013 Mercedes E 63 AMG

Looks very c-class-ish

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

The facelifted E class will be like a new car, so extensive the styling changes. Let's face it the current model isn't Mercedes' best effort in design, especially next to BMW 5 and Audi 6.

From the above picture it is obvious that the front lights are back to 2 instead of the angular 4 and the side surfacing is totally different and more appealing compared to the current car. I am sure that the rear lights will be made more attractive too.

The E class, even in 4C diesel is a superb car for traveling in, although not for driving actively. For me the best Taxi kiss

--

"Form follows function"

Best feature will be the all wheel drive for the new E63 AMG

AWD has been confirmed for the facelifted E63 AMG. Finally.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:

It could replace both the Panamera and the C Coupe perhaps?

--

"Form follows function"

Finally those horrible square Lexus styled front lights are history. The E should've been so much more. This is a much better setup but its chasing the 5er and A6. Making it AWD will be their saving grace.

RC:

no doubt not for RHD ..

reginos:
    RC:

It could replace both the Panamera and the C Coupe perhaps?

I'm "stuck" with the PTS for the next four years but I will consider getting one Mercedes AMG if they finally get AWD.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Do you know whether it will be permanent or part-time 4WD?

--

"Form follows function"

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/26/car-and-driver-gets-a-deeper-look-at-2014-mercedes-benz-e/

It's going to be a 2014 model.

And it's gonna be a game changer in the segment. Full time awd with over 500 hp in a sedan that seats 5.

Nothing else on the road can touch it.

Outside of the Panamera Turbo, no other high power sedan has awd, well apart from the Alpina B7. But these 2 are in the full size segment, and the Panny only seats 4. Well there is the S8 but it's much slower as it only has like what 420hp?And Audi doesn't make a RS verison.

The mid size sedan every car has the handicap of only rwd apart from the S6, that one is short on power again with the same 420hp. Not sure if Audi makes a RS6 still. Plus even if they do it's not for North America comsumption.

If BMW doesn't make their X-Drive system available to the M5, it's almost game over for them. Audi has the Quattro and now AMG with the 4matic, who else is going to consider a high power sedan that has traction issues? Not to mention Porsche is just readying their baby Panny.

They just released the new RS6 based on the current A6 model. Very curious how the new E63 AWD handles, especially in comparison to the other two contenders (RS6, Panamera). Given that those main rivals are offered with AWD, I´d be surprised if BMW would deliberately miss that chance with the M5. Therefore I´d say it´s a given that the facelift version will come with AWD as well.

Ferdie:

They just released the new RS6 based on the current A6 model. Very curious how the new E63 AWD handles, especially in comparison to the other two contenders (RS6, Panamera). Given that those main rivals are offered with AWD, I´d be surprised if BMW would deliberately miss that chance with the M5. Therefore I´d say it´s a given that the facelift version will come with AWD as well.

I don't think the Panamera is a contender for the E, A6, or M5. In any of their variants. 

They have a intense new front mask on the E-Class which looks very plastic and A-Classish. Somehow cool - but, it doesnt go at all with the side line of the car. It looks like the front doesn't belong to the car.

Whoopsy:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/26/car-and-driver-gets-a-deeper-look-at-2014-mercedes-benz-e/

It's going to be a 2014 model.

And it's gonna be a game changer in the segment. Full time awd with over 500 hp in a sedan that seats 5.

Nothing else on the road can touch it.

Outside of the Panamera Turbo, no other high power sedan has awd, well apart from the Alpina B7. But these 2 are in the full size segment, and the Panny only seats 4. Well there is the S8 but it's much slower as it only has like what 420hp?And Audi doesn't make a RS verison.

The mid size sedan every car has the handicap of only rwd apart from the S6, that one is short on power again with the same 420hp. Not sure if Audi makes a RS6 still. Plus even if they do it's not for North America comsumption.

If BMW doesn't make their X-Drive system available to the M5, it's almost game over for them. Audi has the Quattro and now AMG with the 4matic, who else is going to consider a high power sedan that has traction issues? Not to mention Porsche is just readying their baby Panny.

Hmm... Audi on European market have at least three models that can fullfil your 500hp/AWD need:

New S8 with biturbo 4.0L V8 http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a8/s8.html

New RS6 Avant with same engine http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a6/rs-6-avant.html

The new front looks pretty aggressive, let's see how it is accepted by customers who drive an AMG because they want a subtle powerful car.  Yes, the AWD will hugely improve acceleration times, 0-100 kph times should be under 4 seconds. Porsche needs to be careful not to loose (performance) ground here. I don't think the E63 facelift will have a greatly improved chassis but it will be a very fast car on the straight line.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

BONES:

First official Picture

http://wot.motortrend.com/camo-free-2014-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-revealed-ahead-of-schedule-311473.html#axzz2HPHJ9AgR

4 different bumpers on the new E... crazy! But I like this new AMG language.. in fact the new MB design is finally doing something exciting.

KresoF1:

Hmm... Audi on European market have at least three models that can fullfil your 500hp/AWD need:

New S8 with biturbo 4.0L V8 http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a8/s8.html

New RS6 Avant with same engine http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a6/rs-6-avant.html

Moving to Europe is definitely a tempting proposition form a car nut's stand point.

But taxes alone would be a major joy killer. 

Whoopsy:
    KresoF1:

Moving to Europe is definitely a tempting proposition form a car nut's stand point.

But taxes alone would be a major joy killer

Indeed. What actually shocks me sometimes: Many people here, especially those who actually pay a lot of taxes, always seem to find an excuse to be OK with the high taxes over here because of the "good life" (is it really much worse somewhere else? Smiley) and the social stability (really? Public opinion seems to indicate a lot of envy and fury towards good earners, the media does it's best to add even more fuel to the fire) we have here. Germans seem to love to pay taxes, without realizing that most of the money is actually getting "burned" for nothing and/or to support some weird government projects.

Take energy for example: I pay more than double for energy than in the US. I won't even start with VAT (sales tax in the US), fuel cost and other stuff. 

We pay 19% VAT in Germany and I expect an even higher rate in latest three years. A gallon premium fuel is over 6 USD over here and I pay church tax and solidarity tax (unification support for East Germany...no kidding) and so on. In total, I pay aprox. 70-75% of my total income for taxes, so I have 25-30% left for my personal use. So for every single EUR I earn, I get only 25-30 cents. This is getting ridiculous. 

I wouldn't even complaint if people, who don't actually pay that much taxes because they don't make much money (or any money), would be thankful and appreciate my contribution. On the contrary, for them, I don't pay enough and I have to be careful with "showing off" (cars, house, etc.).

Those who are happy with the current tax rates in Germany are plain dumb in my opinion but the media has brainwashed people in thinking that they actually do something good with their taxes, for the sake of social peace and the benefit of all. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC - I would like to suggest the media is turning people against people rather than against wasteful government spending.  Follow the money is a good suggestion.  Always.  I am glad you and others are questioning the logic in giving a 10 cent on the dollar outfit more money when you could do so much more with it.

All that social justice, entitlements and superior lifestyle is great - just don't have the government run it.  They can't manage simple stuff - you can't trust them with money at all.

We should look at this from a more logical perspective - screw the media. -

TIME = MONEY, If you take my money you have taken the time I spent earning it and I can never get that back.  For each dollar you take you enslave me that much longer.  When we take millions from a rich guy in taxes we are effectively enslaving him for earning more than a poor person.  In fact we are taking several 'average' lifetimes of earnings from these rich people.  Why exactly is it okay to enslave anyone again?

The media is so focused on all paying a FAIR SHARE that they don't even bother to see what is done with the money.  Nuts.

There is not enough of other people money to keep this going for long, that is the good news.  Best to keep you guns handy when that happens.

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    KresoF1:

But taxes alone would be a major joy killer

Take energy for example: I pay more than double for energy than in the US. I won't even start with VAT (sales tax in the US), fuel cost and other stuff. 

We pay 19% VAT in Germany and I expect an even higher rate in latest three years. A gallon premium fuel is over 6 USD over here and I pay church tax and solidarity tax (unification support for East Germany...no kidding) and so on. In total, I pay aprox. 70-75% of my total income for taxes, so I have 25-30% left for my personal use. So for every single EUR I earn, I get only 25-30 cents. This is getting ridiculous. 

Those who are happy with the current tax rates in Germany are plain dumb in my opinion but the media has brainwashed people in thinking that they actually do something good with their taxes, for the sake of social peace and the benefit of all. Smiley

This is so refreshing to read... means I am not the only one. I paid 64% in my 18 months in Germany and I particularly didn't like the mandatory church and solidarity taxes... I should scan a paycheque for you guys... the list of things they subtract is longer than the nicest specced Porsche on RT Smiley I must say I am still fortunate that I was able to move to Canada because I am young and had nothing holding me back.. apart from family maybe but it's a small enough world these days. I just didn't like it in Germany, where Europe is heading and contrasting it with the exciting future prospects of Canada in general it was a no brainer for me. Now I am looking at a 2002 BMW 330ci, mind condition silver on black leather with sport package and under 100k kms for just $6,500 locally. In Germany this same car would cost at least 9,000 EUR not to mention i'd have to pay several thousands more annually for insurance, road taxes, environmental levy's, gas etc etc... It's a world of a difference... and why? So that I someday get some retirement pension? Well based on an average working life at 3k EUR monthly paying my entire life in Germany I think they would give me like 400 EUR pension... at 69 of age, possibly later when I'm at that point. It's a bad joke.

end of rant... Love the early model e46 btw wink

Leawood911:

There is not enough of other people money to keep this going for long, that is the good news.  Best to keep you guns handy when that happens.

You don't really think you could fight against a government or the major population with weapons? If the revolution in France and in Russia taught me something, it is this: Get your stuff and get out in time. Smiley

--

http://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-benz/2014-e63_amg/

I like the front:

Mercedes-Benz has officially revealed the 2014 E63 AMG sedan and estate, following a previous photo released earlier this week.
    Set to make its public debut at next week's Detroit Motor Show, the revamped E63 AMG comes with a considerably more aggressive front fascia featuring new headlamps, bespoke grille and bumper with large air ducts and a central splitter aimed to improve air flow underneath the vehicle. At the back the bumper has been restyled and houses an updated diffuser and quad trapezoidal tailpipes.
    At its heart is the same V8 5.5-liter twin-turbo engine but AMG has further tweaked it now generating 557 HP (410 kW) at 5,500 rpm and 720 Nm (531 lb-ft) between 1,750 and 5,250 rpm. It enables the high-performance sedan to perform the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in 4.2 seconds. The all-wheel drive 4MATIC variant can do it in 3.7 seconds for the sedan and 3.8 seconds for the wagon.
    Mercedes-Benz is also introducing the E63 AMG 4MATIC S-Model for both body styles with a rear differential lock and a more powerful variant of the same engine providing 585 HP (430 kW) at 5,500 rpm and 800 Nm (590 lb-ft) between 1,750 and 5,000 rpm. This will reach 62 mph in 3.6 / 3.7 seconds (sedan / estate). Regardless of the version, all models have an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).
    Power is sent to wheels via the AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT seven-speed sports transmission which offers four modes: C (Controlled Efficiency), S (Sport), S+ (Sport Plus) and M (Manual). A ceramic brake system is optionally available and comes with ventilated and perforated 360mm brake discs with silver calipers for the regular AMG model and red ones for the higher-spec S-Model.
    The S-Model is further distinguished by 19-inch, 10-spoke alloys with 255/35 R19 and 285/30 R 19 tires (front / rear). The front splitter and rear trim strip have a silver chrome finish, while the sedan has a body-colored spoiler lip which reduces lift at high speeds.
    The RWD versions will go on sale in April, followed by the 4MATIC and S-Model variants in June.

No more questions? This car will be faster than PTS and Audi RS6.... I dare to imagine what next W222 S-class would be 

Faster where? In straight line? Lets wait for first tests...

On the track? I do not think so.

BTW, E63 engine is bigger in displacement then PTS or RS6 Avant engines. 7 Speed auto bix that AMG is using is not in the same leagues as PDK in PTS or 8 speed auto in RS6 Avant.

I would personally choose PTS or RS6 Avant any time over new E63 AMG S.

The lower front bumper reminds a little bit on bmw 4 series concept. Maybe some design stealing vice versa :)

but it is nice looking and when the (straight line)performance is true .... kiss

BMW 4-Series Coupe Concept - Front, 2013, 800x600, 30 of 53Mercedes E63 AMG - Front Angle, 2014, 800x600, 2 of 15

KresoF1:

Faster where? In straight line? Lets wait for first tests...

On the track? I do not think so.

BTW, E63 engine is bigger in displacement then PTS or RS6 Avant engines. 7 Speed auto bix that AMG is using is not in the same leagues as PDK in PTS or 8 speed auto in RS6 Avant.

I would personally choose PTS or RS6 Avant any time over new E63 AMG S.

100% correct. The only advantage the Mercedes has is its low price. If you have the money, the Panamera turbo S is the better and faster car.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690610 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409856 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256076 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235303 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4721 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858530 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774797 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM