Crown

Board: McLaren Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: F1

Futch:
    I look at Cesar and this car reminds of the Patek Philippe advert: You don't really own a Mclaren F1, you are its lucky custodian for the future generations of petrolheads.Smiley

Personally, I believe that this absolutly true, more than ever. You have some nice cars now, Futch Smiley

And this car can stay only in its original livery.

Now what you need is a real "man cave" to store and enjoy them. If I where in your position, I would use Jay Leno as my role model. Create a bit of atmosphere around each car in the main storage location and keep them all in working order. At the rate you are going you will soon own enough cars to have a full time mechanic Smiley

Enjoy in good health.

Btw are you doing Tour Auto? Understand the 910 is a focus car this year...

Best,

TEE

--
    Off enjoying my car...

Great to hear your plans of the car. Sounds fantastic you appreciate the livery and the cars unique history so much. :)
    It would be very intersting to read your comments after that first drive.

May I ask, what kind of engine setups it has currently? Are the air restrictions still added of the car what it had in Le Mans becaouse the rules?

finGTR:

Great to hear your plans of the car. Sounds fantastic you appreciate the livery and the cars unique history so much. :)
    It would be very intersting to read your comments after that first drive.

May I ask, what kind of engine setups it has currently? Are the air restrictions still added of the car what it had in Le Mans becaouse the rules?

No air restrictor, V12 is rated at 650 to 680 hp. Will dyno in France.

TEE:
    Futch:
    I look at Cesar and this car reminds of the Patek Philippe advert: You don't really own a Mclaren F1, you are its lucky custodian for the future generations of petrolheads.Smiley

Personally, I believe that this absolutly true, more than ever. You have some nice cars now, Futch Smiley

Now what you need is a real "man cave" to store and enjoy them. If I where in your position, I would use Jay Leno as my role model. Create a bit of atmosphere around each car in the main storage location and keep them all in working order. At the rate you are going you will soon own enough cars to have a full time mechanic Smiley

Enjoy in good health.

Best,

TEE

--
    Off enjoying my car...

Yes this year, the tour celebrates Aston Martin and the porsche small protos (904, 906 and 910).

Start in Paris, finish in La Rochelle.

This event is mega. Some of the most beautiful cars in the world driven properly on some of the most beautiful roads in the world.

5 days of driving non stop in a Posche prototype from the 60s, it's just fabulous. I have fond memories of chasing a 250 GTO with a Ligier JS2 behind me. The stuff of dreams.

TEE:
    Futch:

Now what you need is a real "man cave" to store and enjoy them. If I where in your position, I would use Jay Leno as my role model. Create a bit of atmosphere around each car in the main storage location and keep them all in working order. 

Need an architect to design it ? Smiley

Futch,

congratulations to another simply marvelous car. I enjoy your attitude towards those cars and can wholeheartedly share your opinion! Enjoy it, wishing many happy miles although they will probably be comparatively limited considering your remaining choice of cars.

Futch:
    TEE:

Yes this year, the tour celebrates Aston Martin and the porsche small protos (904, 906 and 910).

Start in Paris, finish in La Rochelle.

This event is mega. Some of the most beautiful cars in the world driven properly on some of the most beautiful roads in the world.

5 days of driving non stop in a Posche prototype from the 60s, it's just fabulous. I have fond memories of chasing a 250 GTO with a Ligier JS2 behind me. The stuff of dreams.

Funny enough, I coincidentally received the book from last year´s Tour Auto from a good friend today. His buddy took part the last couple of years and mirrored your experiences. 

Smiley

I contemplated doing the Tour Auto this year as a friend of mine has done the last 5 years. He loves it too. Was at Dix Mille Tour in October as a warm-up. unfortunately will have to wait until 2014 to sign up and hope to get invited. Enjoy  Smiley

--
    Off enjoying my car...

OK thanks for the information! So around same as LM has 668 were said to be. :)

By the way; If you haven't heard, one of the very best McLaren F1 forums is this; please welcome if you are interested! :)
    http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=332

Just incase; on of the best clips to describe that BMW's V12 sound are here:
    Listen to this clip around after 4 mins ahead.
    Harrods #06R, followed by Threads #05R and followed by race winner #01R under the camera in Mulsanne Straight around 250kmh sixth gear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJwqPYuz1J0

There is no words to describe that sound, one of the best V12's ever made. The history of F1 including all engine, gearbox and every single detail of the car are very unique, I just can not know any other car which history is this interesting. And Le Mans debyt in 1995 was something what we never going to see to happen again ever.

As we remember these 95' GTR's which #05R is; they are so little racers compared example 96' version GTR, and still they won the Le Mans. Internally unchainged F1 roadcars engine, of course it was remaped to racing but no changes made. Of course cluctches and gearbox and sort of coolings were improved like drive shafts and gearbox and so on; but internally the engine was unchanged. The F1 GTR is one of the first racecars, which engine power droped after stripining it to race format; regulations ment the 627 roadcars horsepower went down around 600hp, and I think the information which I have; 95' GTR's engine had around 600-630hp in racesetups, and 96' GTR had 600 like 97' had, even the engine capacity was down to 6,0 litre in 97' year.

And here is the legendary moment from 1995 Le Mans, #05R side by side winner #01R in Finishline.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI80qno3pmM

:)

Congratulations Futch..Amazing car,  a true time machine that can take you back to the glory days of the auto industry without any limits   wink.

Yet another legendary thread I have missed out on! You're on fire!!! This and the Singer are my two favourites from your garage!

Keep it up my friend! I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next SmileySmiley

Summer 2013 surprise from Futch smiley

Interesting video!

Here is a garage for Futch to consider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=_M0-xrF2kpA&vq=medium

--

Oh My God SmileySmileySmiley

That is seek...what a beauty.

Lets wait for something similar from Futch Smiley

Thanks for the find BITurbo Smiley

Paulo

OMG! Wow! I love this one! Jaw dropped on the floor!

--

There is no try. Just do.

Congratulations I hope you enjoy it that is the king of cars

BiTurbo:

Well, wait til you hear about my next purchase...Smiley You will be pleasantly surprised!Smiley

nberry:

Interesting video!

Here is a garage for Futch to consider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=_M0-xrF2kpA&vq=medium

Waoh, yes that's pretty cool indeed! It's gonna be problematic to find that kind of surface in central London/ Paris though...

finGTR:

Just incase; on of the best clips to describe that BMW's V12 sound are here:
    Listen to this clip around after 4 mins ahead.
    Harrods #06R, followed by Threads #05R and followed by race winner #01R under the camera in Mulsanne Straight around 250kmh sixth gear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJwqPYuz1J0

There is no words to describe that sound, one of the best V12's ever made. The history of F1 including all engine, gearbox and every single detail of the car are very unique, I just can not know any other car which history is this interesting. And Le Mans debyt in 1995 was something what we never going to see to happen again ever.

As we remember these 95' GTR's which #05R is; they are so little racers compared example 96' version GTR, and still they won the Le Mans. Internally unchainged F1 roadcars engine, of course it was remaped to racing but no changes made. Of course cluctches and gearbox and sort of coolings were improved like drive shafts and gearbox and so on; but internally the engine was unchanged. The F1 GTR is one of the first racecars, which engine power droped after stripining it to race format; regulations ment the 627 roadcars horsepower went down around 600hp, and I think the information which I have; 95' GTR's engine had around 600-630hp in racesetups, and 96' GTR had 600 like 97' had, even the engine capacity was down to 6,0 litre in 97' year.

And here is the legendary moment from 1995 Le Mans, #05R side by side winner #01R in Finishline.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI80qno3pmM

:)

Very cool video links thank you.

Thank you for the offer to join your forum as well, I've had a quick look and it js indeed a well of information on F1 but I'm a busy man and RC is a true friend so I only post on Rennteam.

I will post my driving impressions of the GTR asap.Smiley

Futch:
    BiTurbo:

Well, wait til you hear about my next purchase...Smiley You will be pleasantly surprised!Smiley

Let's see, either a 959, a 911 GT1, Enzo or you went really really nuts again and buy a 250GTO.

After the F1, there isn't really much choices anymore as you already bought the MOST desirable car ever.

A firm favorite amongst McLaren F1 GTR-clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCKFyrBDLWw

Whoopsy:
    Futch:
    BiTurbo:

Let's see, either a 959, a 911 GT1, Enzo or you went really really nuts again and buy a 250GTO.

After the F1, there isn't really much choices anymore as you already bought the MOST desirable car ever.

None of those, but to my eyes, one of the most amazing cars ever made, if not the most exciting, ground breaking and successful! 

Being flown from NYC this week. Pictures very soon!Smiley

Shall we welcome a 956 or 962 to Rennteam? angry

Porker:

SmileySmiley

You're good porker. Very good!

IMSA 962?)))Smiley

Still don't understand, why 250GTO is such an expensive car. Designwise and technically it is not unique...Smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

Futch:
    Porker:

SmileySmiley

You're good porker. Very good!

SmileySmileySmiley

BlueflameSmiley

Futch:
    Whoopsy:
    Futch:
    BiTurbo:

None of those, but to my eyes, one of the most amazing cars ever made, if not the most exciting, ground breaking and successful! 

If it would be a 956 or 962, how long will it take until you acquire a 917? Guess there really is not much beyond that one....

Ferdie:
    If it would be a 956 or 962, how long will it take until you acquire a 917? Guess there really is not much beyond that one....

Hahahah, stop it Ferdie, feels like you're pushing Futch's buttons, you're taking advantage of the poor guy! Smiley

As to the 956/962: That is awesome news Futch! I've barely recovered from the Singer and the F1 story and this is already in the pipeline! Congrats, and hope you'll be able to drive these beauties every now and then at some nice events!

BTW, are you going for a road-legal version or conversion?

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Wow, amazing car... congrats Smiley

Futch:
    Whoopsy:
    Futch:
    BiTurbo:

962 did cross my mind, but I figured 911 GT1 is a more desirable car, at least to me, so I left it out of the limited list :)

In any case, congrats on ANOTHER new car !!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    754062 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431117 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258760 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255667 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79678 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5260 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868636 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802418 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM