Crown

Board: McLaren Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: F1

Amazing and if you need space you can park it in my living room free of charge indecision

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Futch,

This car is completely out of this world. Congratulations and I hope you will enjoy it Smiley

My first car was a 205 GTI 1,9, tuned and tweaked, and I absolutely loved the car...until it was totalled Smiley

We might restart the auction on kids who can start working for you against a few minutes in that F1.

/Thomas

tso:

Futch,

This car is completely out of this world. Congratulations and I hope you will enjoy it Smiley

My first car was a 205 GTI 1,9, tuned and tweaked, and I absolutely loved the car...until it was totalled Smiley

We might restart the auction on kids who can start working for you against a few minutes in that F1.

/Thomas

Every petrolhead should own a 205 GTI 1.9, seriously!Smiley

Best hot hatch every made, and one of the most fun cars to drive.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Honestly, most Rennteamer's opinions do matter do me as I know we share the similar ethos when it comes to sports cars.

Bugatti Veyron, absolute no go for me. Impressive car from an engineering point of view, but 1) it depreciates 2) it is very heavy and 3) it is not my vision of a supercar. 

For me, in a supercar, you have to earn its performance.

No news on the 918 and even though I was stupid enough to be one of the first costumers to put down a deposit I'm gonna ask to be pushed back to the end of the queue. This car scares me in terms of technology/ reliability and I don't want to be a guinea pig and I also want to see which way their value is going to go (sadly I think they're gonna go only one way, the wrong one...). We'll see...

Better than R5 Turbo II?

Spectacular!  What an amazing car , you have a an incredible and smart collection of iconic cars that represent dreams for many of us here. Thank you very much for sharing this.

By the way I owned a 205 GTI 1.6 (red) and  a 205 Rallye (white), great memories, light and fun (great oversteer though!)

--

911 Club Coupe, 72' 911 Targa 2.4 S, 12' Audi S4 Avant

very nice cars congratulation

SciFrog:

Better than R5 Turbo II?

R5 turbo II is also an iconic car but for me, the handling is not as sweet, it understeers too much, you need to really enter a corner on the brakes and release late. That's what I thought and I only drove it once and it wasn't mine.

I'll tell  you what's on my list though! A Clio V6 phase 2. What a cool little car!!!

And an E30 M3, and a Lancia Delta intergrale Martini edition.

Ok getting off topic here sorry... But boys don't we all love great cars!!!Smiley

m4ever:

Spectacular!  What an amazing car , you have a an incredible and smart collection of iconic cars that represent dreams for many of us here. Thank you very much for sharing this.

By the way I owned a 205 GTI 1.6 (red) and  a 205 Rallye (white), great memories, light and fun (great oversteer though!)

Isn't the steering just amazing!!!Smiley

Oh go on, totally OT but great cars can hijack any thread.

I bought this car only a few months ago. Values are stable if not on the up, the grin on your face everytime you drive it, priceless!Smiley

130 hp for less than 900 kgs, yes please! A Lotus Elise for four!Smiley

Here it is parked next to my 993 GT2 clubsport, a beast!

IMG01075-20121110-1647.jpg

A car which speaks for itself...timeless for 20 years!

Congratulations!

Enjoy it and drive it...sure you will!

Like the cars in your collections, very sporty and special. Your statement on the Veyron does underline that!

Just utterly fantastic (no other words for it).  Wow!  Smiley

I for one would be very interested in details about the rest of your collection - including the 205 GTI.  Any petrolhead (of the non-posing variety) will know that driving a great hot hatch can provide almost as much fun as driving a supercar.  Interesting that you mention the Clio V6 phase II, as I'm currently in the process of negotiating the purchase of one of these little monsters.

Futch:

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Honestly, most Rennteamer's opinions do matter do me as I know we share the similar ethos when it comes to sports cars.

Bugatti Veyron, absolute no go for me. Impressive car from an engineering point of view, but 1) it depreciates 2) it is very heavy and 3) it is not my vision of a supercar. 

No news on the 918 and even though I was stupid enough to be one of the first costumers to put down a deposit I'm gonna ask to be pushed back to the end of the queue. This car scares me in terms of technology/ reliability and I don't want to be a guinea pig and I also want to see which way their value is going to go (sadly I think they're gonna go only one way, the wrong one...). We'll see...

Thank you for your reply. It is really very interesting to read your posts. But what is the favourite car in your collection? Of course, they are all very special, but is there the most special for you one?Smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

PureBlue:

I for one would be very interested in details about the rest of your collection - including the 205 GTI.  Any petrolhead (of the non-posing variety) will know that driving a great hot hatch can provide almost as much fun as driving a supercar.  Interesting that you mention the Clio V6 phase II, as I'm currently in the process of negotiating the purchase of one of these little monsters.

Are you serious!!! Please tell me your impressions! I've never driven one but I've read the phase 2 are well sorted compared to the pretty poor phase 1. 

I'd buy it just for the looks though! 

I will take the time to post on the whole collection one day. 

kudryavchik:
    Futch:

Thank you for your reply. It is really very interesting to read your posts. But what is the favourite car in your collection? Of course, they are all very special, but is there the most special for you one?Smiley

Ohhhhh that's a tough one. Well for sheer driving pleasure it's so so difficult. The 4.0 obviously is up there. The Carrera GT fantastic but you tempt things in the 997 that you just wouldn't in the GT. The 911 is more chuckable car if you see what I mean.

The 993 GT2 ang the F40 are totally exhilirating but the driving experience is not as pure as a normally atmospheric engine, Turbo has its charm of course and they're huge fun (and F...ing scary!).

Then you have the race cars. I do the Tour Auto every year in my 1967 910 and that car is like a big go kart, it just huge mega gun. 

And then the modern race cars, the GT3R is utterly fabulous, I prefer it to the 458 GT3 which I do not own but have raced in it.

But back to road cars, sunny day, empty mountain pass, humm... Yes the GT3 RS 4.0 Smiley

But sorry I didn't answer your question, it is not my most special one. That is even more difficult to answer because we all relate to an object for diffferent reasons which go beyong driving pleasure (sentimental value, etc.)

1357335682874IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0021.jpgIMG_0058.jpg

Thanks a lot!!!Smiley 910 is a fantastic one, immortal design!Smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

This is just insane Futch. Really unbelievable 

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Futch:
    PureBlue:

Are you serious!!! Please tell me your impressions! I've never driven one but I've read the phase 2 are well sorted compared to the pretty poor phase 1. 

I'd be happy to, but I haven't even had a chance to drive it yet.  Only became aware of it being for sale just before Xmas, and the seller is 1,400 km away from me (and on holiday) - so the discussion has been via e-mail.  Like you, I've heard that the phase 2 is far better sorted than the phase 1, so I didn't want to miss out on this opportunity.  Will provide some feedback as soon as I get a chance to drive it.

Congratulations Futch! That's a truly awesome car, sir! Smiley

...McLaren F1 is without doubt one of the best ever supercars! 

Smiley SmileySmiley

Congrats! That is one sweet car!

--

There is no try. Just do.

Duuude angel

Obviously the most desireable car a petrolhead could acquire, especially in GTR-guise -although the F1 LM's are stunning too. Buying a real admirer of BMW's art cars - I collect them in 1:18, not in 1:1 smiley- I'm absolutely smitten with your choice of GTR, really the coolest around. Congrats!

Seeing you enjoy your FWD cars as well, I'd really suggest you try a R26.R one day, to me it's the most fun I had in an FWD chassis. Incredibely balanced car!

Now make sure you get that collection in one place and throw a RT bbq!

PureBlue:
    Futch:
    PureBlue:

I'd be happy to, but I haven't even had a chance to drive it yet.  Only became aware of it being for sale just before Xmas, and the seller is 1,400 km away from me (and on holiday) - so the discussion has been via e-mail.  Like you, I've heard that the phase 2 is far better sorted than the phase 1, so I didn't want to miss out on this opportunity.  Will provide some feedback as soon as I get a chance to drive it.

Did you know that the V6 was developed by Porsche?Smiley

Porker:

Duuude angel

Obviously the most desireable car a petrolhead could acquire, especially in GTR-guise -although the F1 LM's are stunning too. Buying a real admirer of BMW's art cars - I collect them in 1:18, not in 1:1 smiley- I'm absolutely smitten with your choice of GTR, really the coolest around. Congrats!

Seeing you enjoy your FWD cars as well, I'd really suggest you try a R26.R one day, to me it's the most fun I had in an FWD chassis. Incredibely balanced car!

That's be great! Still have to go to the Nordschleife and drive with you!

Yes R26R epic car according to the media. I haven't driven one but I haven't read a single article that doesn't say the car is amazing.

Congratulations once more! 959 next?

crayphile:

At the right price yes. But a sport version only and they are very very rare and too expensive IMO so not so sure.

Next on my list is a BMW E30 M3, but there's a lot of version and all sorts of prices so I'm doing my homework for now.

Futch:
    crayphile:

At the right price yes. But a sport version only and they are very very rare and too expensive IMO so not so sure.

Next on my list is a BMW E30 M3, but there's a lot of version and all sorts of prices so I'm doing my homework for now.

Happy hunting! As always -  Thanks for sharing your wonderful garage.

The M3 E30 has to be anyones boy dream racer. I have given up looking at them. They are often driven to prices ore it is some Polish garage having them for sale, so you really do not know whether it is a 316 rebuilt. If I was you, I would look for a raceversion (not knowing whether that will be in line with your investment philosophy), or get someone to built one to your specs from a healthy chassis.

One guy I know here in Dubai has done the latter.

Have a look -  http://www.crankandpiston.com/on-the-track/msw-dubai-bmw-e30-m3-perfection-1/

Futch:
    Porker:

Duuude angel

That's be great! Still have to go to the Nordschleife and drive with you!

Yes R26R epic car according to the media. I haven't driven one but I haven't read a single article that doesn't say the car is amazing.

Absolutely, early spring, when the weather allows it and the track is still calm should be a good time.

regarding E30 M3, my advice would be to either go for a bone stock early car, on 15 inch wheels. They are priced much more reasonably and should display better handling than those Sport Evo's with 'fat' rubber. On the other side of the E30 M3 spectrum, I reckon an ex-DTM car must be a fantastic thing to own.

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/15255/bmw_m3_e30_dtm_ex_ravaglia_sold.html

Many, many congrats SmileySmileySmiley This is the ultimate highlight in terms of exclusivity and (even more important) coolness factor Smiley

Can't wait to hear about how this car feels on the track. I can only speculate that it will be mind blowing... Drive cautiously, though. This thing is probably as close to a real F1 as possible - also when it comes to the challenges for the driver Smiley

Many, many congrats again. Phantastic SmileySmileySmiley

You seem to top yourself every six months. An incredible assortment of prized cars.

Several years ago I had an opportunity to sit in the middle driver seat. At the time it was being converted to meet US emission standards. They started it up for me and WOW what a sound. I was blown away. You are going to have yourself a ball playing with it. I cannot imagine the "high" you will get driving it.

ENVIOUS!

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690709 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409914 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256105 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235347 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65728 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858660 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774865 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM