Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: The itch strikes again...

RC:

I still don't understand why a dealer would order an inventory car without PTV Plus but illuminated carbon doorsills Smiley or with white dials (the GTS has a grey one in the middle, which actually looks quite special already) instead of TPMS but I guess dealers aren't customers. Smiley

Maybe they know the typical customer well. You are probably much more driving oriented than the average Cayenne buyer. Many Cayenne are also driven by women and for them PTV Plus could very well be a new hair treatment.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

Maybe they know the typical customer well. You are probably much more driving oriented than the average Cayenne buyer. Many Cayenne are also driven by women and for them PTV Plus could very well be a new hair treatment.

The women who drive a Cayenne over here usually drive the Cayenne Diesel.  Smiley

The Turbo my dealer had in stock didn't even have PDCC. At least the GTS has PDCC. Smiley

PTV is really fun but not necessarily needed on a SUV. PDCC is a must on a heavy SUV, it also provides better off-road capabilities (if needed).

Oh...did you know that the Air Suspension with self-leveling and height adjustment with PASM isn't standard in Germany on the GTS? This is another must-have option for a SUV, especially in winter time this can be very useful.

I miss only TPMS but luckily, this car won't see the Autobahn very often.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Could it be that the inventory cars are what the factory sends the dealers?

I remember on early Cayennes most of the cars sent by the factory for inventory had a sunroof, without choice.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

Could it be that the inventory cars are what the factory sends the dealers?

I remember on early Cayennes most of the cars sent by the factory for inventory had a sunroof, without choice.

Nope. Dealers over here need to order certain models to obtain certain "privileges" but only market entry cars are limited in options and colors, the others can be configured to their preference. A little hint: At my dealer, a woman is responsible for ordering the dealer stock cars but she usually checks with the sales persons too.

I am actually lucky with my GTS: Two other GTS my dealer has in stock have a trailer hitch, something I really don't need. Also one GTS lacks PDCC.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

It will be interesting to know the response of the ordering people to these comments. Is there a thinking process at all behind the choice of options?

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

It will be interesting to know the response of the ordering people to these comments. Is there a thinking process at all behind the choice of options?

According to my sales person, they usually try to order the options which customers want most. However, I just don't see a pattern here.

Example: The trailer hitch is retrofittable, so are the illuminated door sills. TMPS, PDCC and PTV aren't. So I rather would order an option which is not retrofittable because if the customer wants that specific option and the car doesn't have it, it could be a deal breaker. Unfortunately I think such things happen when employees are responsible with the ordering/decision making process and not the owners of the dealership. Smiley Just imagine I would let my employees order the merchandise in my business...I would probably loose thousands per year.

I would love to run a Porsche dealership but I guess the passion for cars alone doesn't make one successful. Smiley

Btw: I am also a little bit mad at Porsche here. TPMS is mandatory in the EU starting with November 2012. This is only valid for new models put on the market starting November 2012, not for older cars. Porsche knows about this law for almost a year now, so they could have easily equipped all their new models with TPMS, like they do for example in the US. They didn't. They probably call this maximizing profit, I call it very customer unfriendly. TPMS is a safety feature, this is something a high performance cars manufacturer should offer for FREE. Just saying...

--

The driving dynamic options should take priority on the high performance models, definitely. I suspect they compose a guideline for options based on the whole Cayenne range and they don't distinguish much between a 3.0 Diesel and a GTS or a Turbo S, for example.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

The driving dynamic options should take priority on the high performance models, definitely. I suspect they compose a guideline for options based on the whole Cayenne range and they don't distinguish much between a 3.0 Diesel and a GTS or a Turbo S, for example.

This is very sad, if true because especially on heavier cars like the Cayenne, options like TPMS, PDCC and PTV Plus are really important. They provide extra safety and improve handling and off-road capabilities. Apparently some customers go for looks/brand names only... Smiley

--

surprising that you can't (at least on UK configurator) spec PDCC on Diesel S .. which needs it the most of all the Cayennes

Looks really cool, love it Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

Very tasteful....enjoy with your family in the best of health, now with your PTS & CGTS you have the best of both worlds, a sporty workhorse & a tough racehorse

RC Very nice GTS. Enjoy..

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

Here are the first photos during and after pickup. Sorry for the bad quality, good quality photos will be posted this weekend or early next week.

All I can say is: Yes, the ride is harsh (even in comfort mode) but I just love it. Perfect. The steering feels better than on the PTS and is very direct. The sound is amazing even at lower rpm figures, absolutely great.

13559516018601.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

13559517075322.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

13559517841724.jpg

--

I hate to be a downer when the car overall looks so damn great. but those winter wheels are killing it, looks like spares on all 4. 

What a lovely specced car, the GTS is certainly a cool offering in the Cayenne lineup.. Your beast is very special! Nicely done.

Enmanuel:

I hate to be a downer when the car overall looks so damn great. but those winter wheels are killing it, looks like spares on all 4. 

In reality they look better (265s in 19'' size) but of course the 21'' with 295s look best, no doubt about it. blush

I am very happy with the tire choice, the Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D. According to my information, this is the best winter tire for the Cayenne, very good on snow (traction & braking) and excellent on wet and dry pavement too.

--

Oh, I forgot: The new Jukebox function of the PCM system works just great (you can copy music, up to 5000 songs, from an USB stick directly to the 40GB HDD). I need to check out if this feature can be updated on the PTS PCM. 

--

Itch free! Very nice car, enjoy it and stay safe! 

I will repeat - A BEAUTY!  And guys - give RC a break, it's winter, hence winter tires.. and they look DAMN GOOD compared to most of winter tire/wheel combos ;) 

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

also, don't forget that winter tires are mandatory in Germany in the winter months!

Christian...the wheels...the wheels...

also mines is like yours now,with spacers is little better...but can't wait the winter ends...

This apart,it looks really good!kiss

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

Many congrats SmileySmileySmiley

MKSGR:

Thank you, guys. 

Funny side story. This morning, I had to pick up my mother and the first thing she said when she saw the car was: "What car brand is this?" She didn't recognize a Porsche (there are no Porsche and/or Cayenne badges on the rear trunk). Since i have many older customers, this is just perfect. Smiley

--

RC - congratulations on your newest acquisition. Here's to many miles of animated driving!

Question - do you know if the PCM software can be updated to display album art? My Cayenne was an April build so I missed out on the function but I'd love to have it...

rulesdontapply

rulesdontapply:

RC - congratulations on your newest acquisition. Here's to many miles of animated driving!

Question - do you know if the PCM software can be updated to display album art? My Cayenne was an April build so I missed out on the function but I'd love to have it...

rulesdontapply

This is something I am going to find out soon. The Jukebox function is really great too but I have a feeling that this isn't going to be upgradeable. 

--

RC:
    MKSGR:

Thank you, guys. 

Funny side story. This morning, I had to pick up my mother and the first thing she said when she saw the car was: "What car brand is this?" She didn't recognize a Porsche (there are no Porsche and/or Cayenne badges on the rear trunk). Since i have many older customers, this is just perfect. Smiley

I was sceptical when the new Cayenne was introduced, but today I really like the design of the car. As you say, a bit understated, not too massive and very elegant (for a SUV).

Did you show your mother how powerful the engine is and how good the suspension Smiley

MKSGR:
    I was sceptical when the new Cayenne was introduced, but today I really like the design of the car. As you say, a bit understated, not too massive and very elegant (for a SUV).

Did you show your mother how powerful the engine is and how good the suspension Smiley

The car is way too new for any stunts like that but my mother already made a complaint: She was barely able to open and close the door, it is way too heavy for her. I loved however her comment afterwards, "this car is like a tank, good safety for the family...". Smiley

--

nice ride - enjoy wink

--
    Off enjoying my car...

RC, congratulations. And I thought this thread is about skin issues... :)

Nice Cayenne. I'm still not into SUVs, but I've got to admit that this one is tastefully spec'd. And interior is awesome.

Thanks, Soenke. I actually just realized that there is no better daily driver than a SUV, especially in winter time. 

Yes, the Cayenne interior is very nice indeed. kiss

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802450 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448315 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265868 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89878 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6347 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885242 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831666 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM