Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Itch scratched

Wish I could justify buying one right now - they will likely not be as cheap again!

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

What is the price in the UK ? 

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Reasonable spec you will be looking at around 93GBP and thats being sensible with the options..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

I went for Carrera - not Carrera S. It was a compelling offer which actually surprised me. As I understand it, 991 has not sold in the expected numbers in the UK and I guess there are targets to be met. I think it was simply good timing as I understand the allocations have been drastically reduced for 991 in UK going into 2013. 

--

C2S - Basalt/Black XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

I went for Carrera - not Carrera S.

I dare say that in the 70-80 mph UK (like in most places) , you will enjoy the Carrera more than the the S. On the road it is as fast as a 997.2 S but the engine works a bit harder to do so. This makes the engine more "full" at these speeds and thus more animate. The S needs higher speeds to come alive which in speed limited countries could be frustrating.

I drove a Carrera without PASM and 19" wheels and it was perfect in terms of ride, speed and useability.

Enjoy wink

--

"Form follows function"

Gnil:

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I've just specced a 991 (non S) and it came to £85k. I guess that would be our 997/2 + £40k. Smiley

I agree, the non S would be more than enough performance for UK use. Smiley

--

dreamcar:
    Gnil:

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I've just specced a 991 (non S) and it came to £85k. I guess that would be our 997/2 + £40k. Smiley

--

Obviously on your spec you have the Adaptive SS and the PSE Smiley.. I remember those seats being essential.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

throt:
    dreamcar:
    Gnil:

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

--

Obviously you have the Adaptives SS and the PSE Smiley..

20" Carrera wheels, TPMS, coloured wheel centres, dynamic lights, autodim mirrors / rain sensor, folding mirrors, name removed, front  and rear park assist, sport seats 14 way electric adjustable, heated seats, PDK, sport chrono, PASM, PSE, sport design wheel, navigation, telephone module, Bose. White with yachting blue leather. Smiley

--

dreamcar:
    throt:
    dreamcar:
    Gnil:

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

--

20" Carrera wheels, TPMS, coloured wheel centres, dynamic lights, autodim mirrors / rain sensor, folding mirrors, name removed, front  and rear park assist, sport seats 14 way electric adjustable, heated seats, PDK, sport chrono, PASM, PSE, sport design wheel, navigation, telephone module, Bose. White with yachting blue leather. Smiley

--

Thats a cool package.

When you was using the configurator did you get itchy...Smiley....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

throt:
    dreamcar:
    throt:
    dreamcar:
    Gnil:

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

--

--

Thats a cool package.

When you was using the configurator did you get itchy...Smiley....

incurably.....Smiley but need a cheaper cure! Smiley

--

bridggar:

OK, added.

Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:
    bridggar:

OK, added.

Smiley

Hi John,  I bet your saving for 991 GTS..Smiley...All this damn itching.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Hey Keith,  I'm never without an itch for something or other! 

But I'm not yet sold on the 991 interior.  I'm still very happy with my current car and can't see me changing it for a good while yet...

Hope everything's okay with you and yours... cheers buddy..  wink

--

My car has left the factory and is en-route to the UK.

Surprising interest in my 997 - so many calls I've not been able to return them!

--

Having sold the 997.1 privately, I believe my new car will be ready for collection this Saturday.

Anyone have a view of things I should check prior to acceptance?

Looks like the weather won't be great although hopefully we'll avoid snow.

--

Can't understand anyone wanting 'park assist' on a 911...yes

If one can't manoeuvre a 911 without assistance... then maybe one shouldn't be driving one!!

--

John H:

If one can't manoeuvre a 911 without assistance... then maybe one shouldn't be driving one!!

I disagree. Very frequently one has to park in places with limited or cramped spaces, so any option that would make taking care of my car easier is a good option in my book. 

Enmanuel:
    John H:

I disagree. Very frequently one has to park in places with limited or cramped spaces, so any option that would make taking care of my car easier is a good option in my book. 

+1

911 is not so small. I think, park assist on 911 is very usefull

--

the 911 is no longer small angry

--
    Off enjoying my car...

John H:

Especially in Europe, with cramped parking spaces, the parking assist is of high value. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Personally, I find it very useful - especially in multi-story car parks. In addition, twice I've avoided squishing a local cat who seems to like sitting under the back of my car (can't think why on these cold days!) I'm of the opinion that bumpers should not be used to judge when to stop!

On the 991 it also has a graphical display front and rear rather than just beeping. 

--

991 (on it's way!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

Personally, I find it very useful - especially in multi-story car parks. In addition, twice I've avoided squishing a local cat who seems to like sitting under the back of my car (can't think why on these cold days!) I'm of the opinion that bumpers should not be used to judge when to stop!

Talking about cats, I've been made aware of several cases of cats getting into the engine bay of parked Boxsters for warmth in winter. Apparently once in they cannot get out (acts like a mousetrap) and they are eventually killed by the belt once the engine is started. The car owners only realized the incident after some days from the smell of  the dead cat.

If there are cats around your parking spot, try to listen for cat sounds before setting off.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    bridggar:

Talking about cats, I've been made aware of several cases of cats getting into the engine bay of parked Boxsters for warmth in winter. Apparently once in they cannot get out (acts like a mousetrap) and they are eventually killed by the belt once the engine is started. The car owners only realized the incident after some days from the smell of  the dead cat.

If there are cats around your parking spot, try to listen for cat sounds before setting off.

barbecued Cat....hmmm nice dinner !Smiley

You cannot imagine how messy the engine bay becomes since the animal is cut into pieces by the rotating belt. It takes very long to clean properly and provided that you are very polite with the technicians.

--

"Form follows function"

This is the old one....

Boxster vs Bird

1031961_600.jpgCarscoop_TSbird_4.jpg

--

John H:

Hi John,

Whatever I drive, old banger or nice car I always have park assist Smiley..

We are not all advance drivers like yourselve, buddy Smiley Smiley...

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Especially in the 991 Cab. you can hardly see a thing through the rear window

--

SportCarGroup:

Especially in the 991 Cab. you can hardly see a thing through the rear window

rear park assist standard in the UK on 991 Cabs

Yes I can see that it would be an asset for Cab owners, but still think that for Coupés it's unnecessary. 

The sensors also spoil the clean sweeping line of the 911 rear end on all light colours.  Okay on black though!

--

John H:

Yes I can see that it would be an asset for Cab owners, but still think that for Coupés it's unnecessary. 

The sensors also spoil the clean sweeping line of the 911 rear end on all light colours.  Okay on black though!

+1 - but it looks like we're in a minority of two on this issue.  Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802486 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448323 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265880 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89887 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6363 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885255 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831749 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM