Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: The itch strikes again...

Christian GO for it! Life's to short wink

--

RC:
    Ferdie:

That thread is pretty hilarious! To the main topic itself, most of the time I had a different opinion than RC on his purchasing decisions so I refrain to give any further advise. I have to say though that I personally, if I am not entirely sure of a deal, have accustomed myself to pass these offers.

This is really a good deal, especially since the dealer already found a customer for my C63. Smiley

Is the lease deal promoted by the dealer or Porsche directly? In the latter case, it should be possible to source a car from another dealer or network that does include PTV or TPMS, shouldn´t it?

You are too curious. Smiley It is a mix of both but I won't go to another dealer, I am a loyal customer. I asked around, just out of curiosity and none of the deals offered was even close to this one. Of course I didn't press harder but still...

Sorry,

some clarification on my above comment. I intended to ask whether your dealer could source cars from other dealers´ inventories that include the desired options. Hence my question whether it was a dealer- or Porsche-specific offer. Did not want to sound too inquisitive.

Regarding the thread being hilarious, I was referring to the above comments whether you will change your mind once something faster, better sounding or better handling comes across... soon.

Anyway, looking forward to the result! Smiley

I have a better idea.

I think RC should start driving a smart car to work, park right in front of his office. (Don't worry about it being slow, as he still has his PTS).indecision

His business will then grow so fast that he will take an early retirement.

He will have so much money that he will not have to decide which Porsche to get, as he will just buy the whole dealership.angel

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4

^^^ Hilarious, haha

Ferdie:

Sorry,

some clarification on my above comment. I intended to ask whether your dealer could source cars from other dealers´ inventories that include the desired options. Hence my question whether it was a dealer- or Porsche-specific offer. Did not want to sound too inquisitive.

Regarding the thread being hilarious, I was referring to the above comments whether you will change your mind once something faster, better sounding or better handling comes across... soon.

Anyway, looking forward to the result! Smiley

OK, now I understand. Smiley

No, the offer from my dealer is only valid for cars he has in stock. He has three GTS in stock, one Turbo. Of course he has also various 991 but after talking to my wife and some friends, the 991 C4S is (sadly) out of the question. It would give a false impression to my customers. Smiley Maybe dealers need to meet a certain sales figure for the year or he just wants another sale in his record, I don't have a clue.

Well: Regarding something faster, etc. showing up sometimes in the future, I am pretty sure about it. Not so sure about better sounding though. According to rumors, the GTS sound has already created some stir about how loud a Porsche should be. I love it but I guess our society wants quieter cars, I think you remember the discussions in the press. Greenpeace for example considers noise to be an environmental issue. Nothing more to say.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X3 35d, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Targa Tim:

I have a better idea.

I think RC should start driving a smart car to work, park right in front of his office. (Don't worry about it being slow, as he still has his PTS).indecision

He will have so much money that he will not have to decide which Porsche to get, as he will just buy the whole dealership.angel

Funny...I had a Smart as a delivery car but I hated it. Absolutely hated it. The Smart is not a car, it is an abomination of a car or like Walter Röhrl calls it: A motorized wheelchair which should have a sensor which deactivates it once it exits the city. Smiley He also said that he would rather hang himself than driving a Smart. I couldn't agree more. The Smart was fun for the first couple of days but afterwards...horrible.

Back to topic: To be honest, I don't really care what my customers think of me, unless it would be related to bad work and services, which would be hurtful. However, people have a choice, I do not offer a unique service and whenever people have too many choices, you need to be careful about their perception.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X3 35d, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

SportCarGroup:

Christian GO for it! Life's to short wink

Funny, this is what my wife told me (two of her friends have been recently diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer and she kind of shifted her life perspective a little bit, which is understandable). My wife will join me today to help decide between the GTS and the Turbo. I already chose the GTS in my mind but if the kids and wife prefer the Turbo, well... Smiley

--

RC:
    Targa Tim:

I have a better idea.

Funny...I had a Smart as a delivery car but I hated it. Absolutely hated it. The Smart is not a car, it is an abomination of a car or like Walter Röhrl calls it: A motorized wheelchair which should have a sensor which deactivates it once it exits the city. Smiley He also said that he would rather hang himself than driving a Smart. I couldn't agree more. The Smart was fun for the first couple of days but afterwards...horrible.

I drive a Smart ForTwo on a daily basis and although it is a terrible car in most things it is a convenient vehicle for city transport. Besides, I don't care if I find scratches, the wheels are marked or the interior gets dirty, things that I am very obsessive with on other cars. I find it good to have a car I don't care about. I was thinking of changing it with VW UP!, but I've found the new car as too premium for the neglect that I wish to show.

--

"Form follows function"

The car I don't care about is our Mini Cooper S Countryman All4. This car is already a pain to drive because of the low hp figure. I would rather ride a bike than drive a Smart again.  

--

I ride a bike too (BMW) but there are times I need the practicality of  4 wheels even of low standard.

Also, my mother who is 84 loves the easy access that the Smart offers. She has a slight problem lowering herself to the Carrera or lifting herself to the Q5 indecision

--

"Form follows function"

I already chose the GTS in my mind but if the kids and wife prefer the Turbo, well... Smiley

So you want a 991 but can't because of your clients, you want the GTS but that could change if your wife and kids prefer the turbo? Lol.

I see a 991 in your not so distant future. 

spudgun:

I already chose the GTS in my mind but if the kids and wife prefer the Turbo, well... Smiley

So you want a 991 but can't because of your clients, you want the GTS but that could change if your wife and kids prefer the turbo? Lol.

I see a 991 in your not so distant future. 

There won't be a 991 in my near future, maybe in a couple of years a 991 Turbo S. Maybe.

You didn't understand the thing with the wife and kids: I just wanted to make sure that they are OK with my decision, so they don't ask later on why I didn't take the Turbo. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Today I took the plunge and signed the contract.

Unfortunately the GTS I wanted was...gone. It was the car with the GTS package and carmine red stitching. This happens if you think too much, good deals attract other customers too. 

At first, I wasn't sure if I should take the second (of three) GTS my dealer had, same exterior color, almost same options but in the end, I decided to get it because the red GTS lettering on the headrest would have been too obvious anyway (car will be always parked next to my business) and otherwise, the car has the same Alcantara/leather combo. I also don't need the trailer hitch of the initial car but instead, this car has for example some options the other one didn't have, like the Porsche Entry & Drive, 18-way Adaptive Sport Seats and Lane Change Assist.

Here is the full option list:

gts.png

I should mention that some options are standard in the US, like PASM with air suspension for example or the automatic rear hatch. 

Car costs 121k EUR in Germany, just for comparison.

I also got a set of winter wheels, they are going to be painted in matte black (similar to the ones on my PTS). Size front and rear is 265/50 R 19.

Here is a photo of how the wheels look alike (of course they will be painted in matte black).

gtsw.png

The car will be ready for pickup next week Wednesday and I will take lots of photos and post them.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Congrats!

--

1987 911 Carrera 3.2 - 2012 Cayenne Diesel - 2010 Abarth 500 - 1995 BMW318ti

I don't get it. Why keep the Panamera if you get the Cayenne GTS? I waste of money and space. Get rid of the Panamera and buy yourself a real sports car. You are nibbling around the edges of what you truly want.

--

nberry:

I don't get it. Why keep the Panamera if you get the Cayenne GTS? I waste of money and space. Get rid of the Panamera and buy yourself a real sports car. You are nibbling around the edges of what you truly want.

Oh oh, here we go again.  Fasten your seatbelts...  Smiley

nberry:

Smiley I actually thought I explained everything in detail but apparently...not.

What to do with a "real" sports car? Look at it? Smiley I am a family man, I spend all weekends with the kids and the wife and during the week, I have to work. Driving a "real" sports car to work wouldn't really be possible (unless you consider the C63 I had to be a "real" sports car) because of my customers and I am really a Porsche buff.

So do the math: The Cayenne GTS will be my (excellent) daily driver and winter car and my Panamera Turbo S is a completely different beast, kind of a family 911. With the performance of a 997 Turbo, I doubt that I am currently missing a "real" sports car. This may change with the introduction of the new GT3 and Turbo but I still can get one for a weekend from my dealer and if the itch strikes again and the kids are older...well...maybe.

Right now, my decision makes perfect sense...for me. 

Again: The Cayenne GTS and the Panamera Turbo S are two completely different cars.

--

Congrats! Itch free!

Your logic is faulty. The GTS may not have the HP of the Panamera but certainly almost as agile. In addition, it has more room for passengers and storage. The Panamera is a luxury sedan and when compared to the GTS in terms of practicality and safety the GTS trumps it in every way. Using the Panamera on weekends for pleasure compared to the GTS is like choosing to wear a pair of Gucci's instead of mountain boots to go hiking.

Dump the Panamera, save your money for one year and buy the 991Turbo or save for three years and get the Turbo S. Keeping the Panamera IS NOT the wiser choice.

--

I don't care a whit about making sense.  The Panamera and the Cayenne are fantastic cars--congratulations RC!

nberry:

Your logic is faulty. The GTS may not have the HP of the Panamera but certainly almost as agile. In addition, it has more room for passengers and storage. The Panamera is a luxury sedan and when compared to the GTS in terms of practicality and safety the GTS trumps it in every way. Using the Panamera on weekends for pleasure compared to the GTS is like choosing to wear a pair of Gucci's instead of mountain boots to go hiking.

Dump the Panamera, save your money for one year and buy the 991Turbo or save for three years and get the Turbo S. Keeping the Panamera IS NOT the wiser choice.

Nick, have you actually ever driven both? I doubt it.

Let me see: The Panamera Turbo S is only 5 seconds slower on the Nordschleife than the 997 Turbo.2. 

According to my information, the Cayenne GTS is over 40 seconds slower on the Nordschleife than the Panamera Turbo S. 5 seconds on one end and over 40 seconds on the other end. Do you get the picture here? Smiley

You also don't seem to understand that I have two kids. Do you have kids? I do not use the Panamera Turbo S on weekends for pleasure only but also to commute my family, it is a win/win situation for all of us. The GTS would be too slow and for some spirited and fun track racing, the Cayenne GTS would surely be the wrong car.

For me, both cars make a lot of sense, this is why I gave away the C63 AMG Coupe, which is actually faster than any 991 currently on the market and not far behind on the track either. In winter time however or even when it only rains, this car is no real fun anymore.

I know that the Cayenne GTS is no sports car but I needed a daily driver with AWD and a car I could use for some skiing trips to the mountains. Don't forget that we have at least 5 months of winter here in Bavaria and the Alps are only an hour away from my home.

Getting the Cayenne GTS was actually a very good decision because it was a good deal, I got rid of the C63 almost for the same money I paid for almost a year ago and I finally have a daily driver I don't have to worry about the weather anymore when driving it. 

So to summarize things: The Panamera Turbo S is my family 911, the family fun car and the Cayenne GTS is the daily driver for me and an excellent car to do some short skiing trips on weekends. I could do these trips in the PTS too but depending on the region, the Cayenne GTS is more fun to drive in snow.

--

Well, as long as you are comfortable with your choice.kiss

But I must remind you that a fool often denies what he believes.

--

Congrats RC! The PanaTS and the CayGTS are different animals. Good choice.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Congrats - but also for me i dont get it to go with Panamera and Cayenne. One of them is obsolete.

Congratulations RC. The GTS is a great vehicle as an all-rounder with a sporty character. I've driven one and was really impressed. I like it over the turbo/turbo S as it has all the stuff I REALLY want (lower, firmer suspension, the turbo look etc.) and ALSO sounds great, which is a big deal to me.

The lower performance relative to a turbo is not so important to me as all-out speed is not the reason to have this car (you are right, your PTS is at another level).

@RC, Congrats for your recent purchase, you have a perfect combo there, very well done!!

I feel you 100%,  I have a 991 which I love, but also two kids and a wife and enjoy spending all weekends with them, so the 991 is useless for that matter, neither can I use my 991 as a DD, I am to anal to take my baby to work and leave it parked all day outside in a very busy street, I use my Cayenne GTS for that purpose without remorse. I'm seriously thinking in ditching the 991 and like you, get a very sporty four seats sedan that we all can enjoy together on weekends, maybe a F10 M5.  I will miss my 991 to death, but theres always time to get another one later when the kids grow up and no longer want to hang out with us Smiley

nberry:

Well, as long as you are comfortable with your choice.kiss

But I must remind you that a fool often denies what he believes.

Nick,

Panamera is a 911 for a family of 4. That's why Christian keep it. It's like us keeping a sportscar for weekend drives. Except Christian's sportscar can seats 4 comfortably, while mine will only seat 2. 

He uses the Cayenne as his PRIMARY commuting car during the week, sporty enough to keep him from falling asleep yet stealthy enough not to raise any objection from his neighbours.

Christian would LOVE to have a 2 door sportscar for the weekend but the timing is not right yet for him thus his compromised solution of keeping both the Panny and the Cayenne. 

Cayenne GTS is too slow and compared with the Panny Turbo S not sporty enough for Christian's weekends, and the Panny is too flashy to be his everyday work horse. 

I actually get him completely.

Congrats RC!

Before i'm joking,if the GTS is what you need,sure is the right choice.It looks great!

Have you got also the same mines winter wheels(also mines are painted in black).

remember to put spacers,5mm in the front and 15mm in the back(from Porsche tequipment),if not your car will looks horrible.

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

Congratulations . The GTS is the SUV to get ! Looking forward to your driving reports in the long run.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

nberry:

the GTS in terms of practicality and safety the GTS trumps it in every way.

Nick you need to explain me the safety part as I am not with you on that one Smiley

--
    Off enjoying my car...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689549 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409227 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255735 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234990 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4646 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857969 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774025 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM