Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

What do you think of this spec for a 2S?

Click to see the spec in the porsche website:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PD528515

• Guards Red
    • Black leather interior
    • Deletion of model designation
    • Top tinted windscreen
    • Bi-Xenon-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
    • ParkAssist front and rear
    • Electric glass slide/tilt sunroof
    • SportDesign package
    • Sports exhaust system
    • Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
    • Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
    • Sport Chrono Package Plus
    • 20-inch Sport Techno wheel
    • Heated seats
    • Cruise control
    • Floor mats
    • Sports seats plus, electrical 4 ways • Trim strip switch panel painted
    • Guards Red seat belts
    • SportDesign steering wheel
    • Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
    • Lid of storage bin with logo
    • Preparation for mobile phone
    • BOSE® Surround Sound System
    • Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module
    • Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (VTS)

Re: What do you think of this spec for a 2S?

I was offered a physical stock car in almost that exact spec a couple of weeks ago.

Hi ISUK,

It is a physical car!  Perhaps the same one!

Sounds like it. It came with a huge discount

PM sent!

No TPMS - deal breaker for me. Smiley There are quite a few high spec 991's out there with TPMS.

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

dreamcar:

No TPMS - deal breaker for me. Smiley There are quite a few high spec 991's out there with TPMS.

I agree - no TPMS = no deal!

Also guards red is probably the least desirable colour currently, unlike in the 80's when it was the most ubiquitous...

What does 'huge discount' actually mean? Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

I must have received specs of at least a dozen 991's from around the country from my dealer and none of them had TPMS. Dealers rarely spec it in my experience which indicates it is not a hugely popular option in the UK or it would be on these cars.

ISUK:

I must have received specs of at least a dozen 991's from around the country from my dealer and none of them had TPMS. Dealers rarely spec it in my experience which indicates it is not a hugely popular option in the UK or it would be on these cars.

There are (were)  a few with TPMS last time I looked on the Porsche used car site. Smiley Can't understand why such an important safety feature is not more popular -or better still standard, as it has to be by law in the USA.

I agree with John, guards red wouldn't be my first choice, but each to their own when it comes to colour

--

Generally speaking, the larger the car the less attractive is red. I think that after 993, red is not suited to 911s.

As TPMS regards it is very useful to have. On the downside someone could become obsessive with tyre pressure variations and it can become a nuisance.

--

"Form follows function"

ISUK:

Here too , it is not popular.  Each time I got it for my car, my dealer asked me 3 times if I was realy sure I wanted it .

It seems it does not interest anybody. As for me, in the last 7 years, it only showed me a slow puncture ( screw in the tyre ) which I would of probably noticed  . To me it helps me mainly when I do track days, specialy after , when I need to put the pressure back to normal..... 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    ISUK:

Here too , it is not popular.  Each time I got it for my car, my dealer asked me 3 times if I was realy sure I wanted it .

It seems it does not interest anybody. As for me, in the last 7 years, it only showed me a slow puncture ( screw in the tyre ) which I would of probably noticed  . To me it helps me mainly when I do track days, specialy after , when I need to put the pressure back to normal..... 

That's exactly why TPMS is so important.  You very likely wouldn't have noticed the slow puncture until the pressure was very low indeed due to the firm side-wall on the low profile tyre.  If you had then engaged in some spirited or high speed driving you could well have experienced a very nasty accident!

They haven't made the feature compulsory in the US for no reason...Smiley

--

TPMS is a must - not because you will lack 0.2 psi in a tyre, but if you have a flat there is a high chance that you will not feel it. I had a flat once in the rear and I hardly felt it - and you cant see it either!

Its a pity that Porsche dont have the system like i.e. BMW where they use the ABS sensors to measure a broken Tyre. As the down on the TPMS is the battery.. when you need to change it, its kind of hell of a process!

As ISUK states, virtually no cars in UK have the TPMS, I really don't think I would notice it not being there....

Agate grey!!!! With black wheels!!!

--

2011 Porsche Carrera 4S Platinum Silver
    2013 Porsche Panamera GTS Basalt Black

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” 
    ― Bob Marley

Wolvy:

As ISUK states, virtually no cars in UK have the TPMS, I really don't think I would notice it not being there....

You only need to notice it once. That one time may save you from a serious accident or worse. Trust me you will NOT notice a slow puncture. The very low profile tyres with their firm side walls give no indication whatsoever. In my own case I only detected a slow puncture purely by chance when I decided to check the tyre pressures as the weather was getting colder. The offside rear was down from 40 psi to 25 psi and it took me a good five minutes to find the offending screw. If I hadn't checked the pressures that morning before I had a planned spirited drive God knows what might have happened. TPMS would have gone into alarm mode if the pressure drops as little as 2 psi. IMHO it's as important a safety feature as stability management. 

--

Wolvy:

As ISUK states, virtually no cars in UK have the TPMS

Of the 66 991S (coupe and convertible, RWD only), on the Porsche GB used car site 15 have TPMS

--

If you ask me, I'd change the wheels from Techno

ch1.png

to Carrera S with Platinum paint. Suits the sporty guards red colour more, IMHO.

ch2.png

dreamcar:

Of the 66 991S (coupe and convertible, RWD only), on the Porsche GB used car site 15 have TPMS

I could only find 10 on there with TPMS and 7 of those are the original launch cars which were spec'ed by PGB in conjunction with the factory who were keen to push certain options Smiley    I can only re-iterate that the physical stock cars I was offered that were all spec'ed by dealers did not have TPMS.

Here is a Guards red car in a similar spec to the car Wolvy is considering (differences being this car has PCCB's and no glass sunroof).

13552206983797.JPG

And here is another Guards red Sport Design package equipped car I was offered with the Carrera S wheels in Platinum finish for comparison.

1355220829224photo 1.JPG

ISUK:   
    I can only re-iterate that the physical stock cars I was offered that were all spec'ed by dealers did not have TPMS.

A good reason then to turn them down...Smiley

BTW - what sort of "huge discounts" were being offered..? Smiley

--

ISUK:
    dreamcar:

I could only find 10 on there with TPMS

I didn't filter out transmission so manual as well as PDK and included demonstrators. Just checked again and came up with the same number, 15. 

--

Ok then, how about this one?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PDH6RSJ1

Wolvy:

Ok then, how about this one?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PDH6RSJ1

Hi!

This is missing for perfect look : Leather centre console trim

Best

Gregor

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BMW X6 4.0d * Mini Cooper S Cabrio * 991 (02/2013)

ISUK:

Same in Germany, I just don't get it. Dealers don't spec TPMS on any car they order as a loaner or for their stock inventory. I talked to my dealer and he told met hat customers never ask or order TPMS, so they started to put the money into different options. Are customers really that dumb? I cannot believe it. Smiley

I also suggested to Porsche on several occasions to make TPMS a standard feature because it is a safety feature and it should be standard on all high performance cars. Did they listen? Well...at least the Turbo and Turbo S get TPMS as a standard option. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X3 35d, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    Did they listen? Well...at least the Turbo and Turbo S get TPMS as a standard option. Smiley

as did the GT3, GT3RS and RS 4.0

Agree about tpms...a must have. Re spec... I would add sports exhaust and spasm.

--

'13 991S - Plat/Silver-PDK-PDCC-PASM-SC-PSE-CS whl/plat

If you have a leak in the rear you can notice it during acceleration (hard) - feels like torque steer from front wheel drive. A leak in the front is harder to tell but will influence steering.  After all these years I can tell if my tires are more than three pounds off -+.  The big blowout that comes suddenly at high speed will always be a surprise even if you do have TPMS.  IMHO it is good for monitoring slow leaks (finding them) and helping with tire wear - but a major blowout at 180+ mph will catch you off guard each and every time.

It is nice that all US cars now have it.    The Nissan Altima has an excellent system.  When you add air to the tire the horn honks when you are the correct pressure!  This is assuming you are adding air and you don't have enough to start with.

My 997 does not have it - too old.  I still check tire pressures monthly manually just to be certain I don't have a leak or - thanks to our crazy weahter - have the correct amount of air for the local temps.  This is something  was taught to do back in Auto shop class in high school.  (my Basic POS Sonata has TPMS and tons of other features which if added up on a Porsche would equate to the cost of the entire car! )

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802990 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448484 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266015 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90008 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6494 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885555 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832909 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM