Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: The itch strikes again...

Atzporsche:

I see it, you're getting the GTS

The C4S is out of the question, I talked to my wife, a friend and his wife. The Cayenne GTS is borderline for my business but I can justify it because of my kids. They just suggested to park it in my wife's spot, which is a little bit behind my business. Yes, I know it sounds stupid but this is Germany, you lived here, you know how people think.

The GTS is very likely but I still have the Turbo on my list. On the other hand, the Turbo doesn't really make sense since I have the PTS.

Decisions... Smiley

From a logical point of view, the Cayenne S Diesel would make most sense but my wife already has a Diesel, so if I want to drive one... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X3 35d, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

TEE:

This is how the story will play 

Gets passed on Autobahn by CT

Hahahhahahhahahahha

with me in! SmileySmiley

HhahhaSmiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

Smiley

This has probably been mentioned, RC,  but at least in the U.S., TPM is standard on the Cayenne GTS.

And BTW, I love the color combo on your possible car....

RC, it sounds too complicated to live in that envious community. Sounds like its time to move to another community where you can have your 911's and be happy. Smiley

Life is too short to be living for your envious customers and neighbours. Smiley

--

2003 Cayenne Turbo

What a complicated thread :) if the cayenne turbo will cost you the same in lease - go for it! The only disadvantage that the Turbo has is the mute exhaust sound. Standard breaks are ok! :) 

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

BlackSparrow:

What a complicated thread :) if the cayenne turbo will cost you the same in lease - go for it! The only disadvantage that the Turbo has is the mute exhaust sound. Standard breaks are ok! :) 

The Turbo at my dealer has actually several disadvantages in my book: Muted V8 sound, no PDCC(which is kind of essential on a heavy car but I could live without it on a truck Smiley), higher fuel consumption (in the city, aprox. 2-3 l / 100 km, not much but anyway), higher maintenance and insurance cost (not really much of a difference but anyway) and the fact that the Turbo would be pretty similar to my Panamera Turbo S.

For longer distances, I will use the PTS, so the Turbo doesn't really make sense. I want to have different cars, not really the same ones. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X3 35d, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

bigbuzuki:

RC, it sounds too complicated to live in that envious community. Sounds like its time to move to another community where you can have your 911's and be happy. Smiley

Life is too short to be living for your envious customers and neighbours. Smiley

Easy to say but not easily possible. I can't move my business (if I do, I would need to start practically from scratch, incl. a huge investment, which I'm not willing to make in the current business environment for my business which depends a lot on government/insurance legislations/payments). I also can't move from my private home because of the kids and their school/friends, I have to think about them first.

I got used to it, this is typical for smaller German cities but not every city has similar problems, it really depends on the people.

Funny enough, my roof repair guy owns three Porsche and nobody really seems to care because they need him and they have no choice. The moment "choice" is involved, people get nasty. So if they can easily take their business somewhere else, they are onto you and every move you make.

Just a funny side story: A woman, she named her daughter Cayenne (no kidding) came to my business and when I saw the name of the daughter, I told her "oh, Cayenne...like the Porsche Cayenne". She looked at me very angry and told me that her daughter's name is Cheyenne and not Cayenne (although the name clearly said Cayenne). When I told her that I had a Porsche Cayenne and I thought this is why she named her daughter this way, she turned around and left. Now the very same woman is a patient of my wife. She told my wife that she won't come to my business anymore because apparently I earn enough money to be able to afford a Cayenne (I actually thought she was angry because I told her how to spell her daughter's name right Smiley) and she wants to carry her money to another business who needs her money more. Good joke...she spent maybe six or seven EUR per month at my business, big deal. Smiley Anyway...you see how people think here, it is absolutely horrible. My wife on the other hand could easily park whatever she wants in front of her family practice, she is a doctor, people accept it (well, when one of the doctors in our neighborhood bought himself a new M3, they were bragging about it for a couple of weeks and not in a good way).

People want to hear that you are miserable, this is when they sympathize with you. When my parents had health problems and my customers found out about it, they came much more often to my business, usually just for talking but they also bought something. If I tell them that everything is OK and my family is OK too, you should see the disappointment in some of their faces.

Most of my customers aren't wealthy and some worked their whole life and have nothing left. So just imagine how they react when they see that young(er) guy in a Porsche. Smiley If I would be 20 years older, maybe they wouldn't care that much, I don't know. 

--

Wonderbar:

This has probably been mentioned, RC,  but at least in the U.S., TPM is standard on the Cayenne GTS.

And BTW, I love the color combo on your possible car....

TPM is only standard on the Cayenne Turbo and Turbo S in Germany. Smiley

I just don't get it: TPM should be standard on all Porsche models, this is a safety feature for god's sake.

Also, try to comprehend this: The Cayenne GTS my dealer offers has a retractable trailer hitch but no PTV. The trailer hitch would be easily retrofittable, PTV can't be retrofitted. Where is the logic in that? Also, the GTS has a fully carbon interior incl. illuminated carbon door sills but again...no PTV? Smiley

A Cayenne GTS and a Turbo should have TPM, PDCC and PTV as standard options. Or at least dealers should get their options right when they spec cars for their dealer stock.

I just checked a couple of new and used offers from other German dealers and I noticed that many GTS and Turbo lack PDCC and TPM(GTS) and only a very few have PTV. I just don't get it. On the other hand, most of these cars are loaded with full leather options or for example a TV module. The last time I had a TV module in the car, I watched maybe 5 minutes TV...within a period of 3 years. Smiley

--

RC:
    I just checked a couple of new and used offers from other German dealers and I noticed that many GTS and Turbo lack PDCC and TPM(GTS) and only a very few have PTV. I just don't get it. On the other hand, most of these cars are loaded with full leather options or for example a TV module. The last time I had a TV module in the car, I watched maybe 5 minutes TV...within a period of 3 years. Smiley

My wife has  a Mini Cooper JCW fully loaded with nearly everything that I bought 2 nd hand . It even has the TV module ( which is an expensive option that  you hardly ever use  )  but, it does not have  the phone's hand free, which is a very cheap  and must have option !!!  

It is strange how people configure their cares  sometimes Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Agree,PDCC,PTV and imo PCCB are a must and worth every penny.TPM can be a pita sometimes as it tends to be sensor sensitive and only solution is to fool it by upping or lowering the pressure on all 4 tires...

I think the Cayenne turbo is so good and unique at what it does it can live well alongside the Panamera without being similar even with the same engine,two different animals and driving experiences

I actually think that most people don't care about performance or safety options but more about visible options like carbon/wood or leather. The trailer hitch, I've been told, is very popular with craftsmen who have become a very important customer group for Porsche lately (there is a construction boom in Germany).

--

hugo:

Agree,PDCC,PTV and imo PCCB are a must and worth every penny.TPM can be a pita sometimes as it tends to be sensor sensitive and only solution is to fool it by upping or lowering the pressure on all 4 tires...

I think the Cayenne turbo is so good and unique at what it does it can live well alongside the Panamera without being similar even with the same engine,two different animals and driving experiences

If the dealer Turbo would have PDCC...unfortunately it doesn't and it isn't retrofittable.

Since I am going to use the Cayenne mainly in the city and maybe from time to time outside the city, the Cayenne GTS makes a lot of sense, especially since it is 100 kg lighter than the Turbo (you can actually feel it) and the chassis setup is much sportier. The exhaust/engine sound is very close to the C63 and this is actually the only thing I am going to miss from the C63.

The decision will be taken tomorrow. Dealer just got in two more GTS, one is pretty similar to the car I mentioned above and the second one is black but...now hold your breath...without PDCC and without the GTS package with carmine red stitching. Smiley Black would have been nice too but without PDCC and that nice GTS package, this car is pointless. Oh boy...

--

RC, go for it, if you try too hard to rationalize the purchase you might not find enough reasons, at the end of the day those are adults/emotional toys to which we try to assign a functional benefit . However I completely understand that you need to have the car optioned to your expectations ( why a GTS is optioned without PDCC and GTS package is rather difficult to comprehend when we are talking about 100+ K Eur car). Btw I like very much the meteor grey color on the GTS. Good luck, hope it ends up with the purchasewink

--

911 Club Coupe, 72' 911 Targa 2.4 S, 12' Audi S4 Avant

Right now, it is 55% in favor of the GTS and 45% in favor of the Turbo. With PDCC, the Turbo would have been a no-brainer but I also have to admit that I really like the GTS package interior with carmine red stitching and the amazing exhaust/engine sound of the GTS, which you don't find on many street legal cars nowadays anymore in Germany. It also seems that the dealer will throw in a winter wheel set if I go for the GTS, so the Turbo would be actually more expensive in the end. The final decision will be taken tomorrow. 

--

RC:
    bigbuzuki:

People want to hear that you are miserable, this is when they sympathize with you. When my parents had health problems and my customers found out about it, they came much more often to my business, usually just for talking but they also bought something. If I tell them that everything is OK and my family is OK too, you should see the disappointment in some of their faces.

I can relate to this, I really can.

Just an example, the past 20yr none of my clients have ever said to me, wow, we love your car. However, the wife does not give a monkeys about cars but she goes and buys herself what she calls a sensible car, its a Vauxhall Zafira, absolutely thousands of them on our UK roads. All the clients state to her how lovely her car is and that she must be so happy. I just cannot work it out, if it was something high end she would not have received any compliments at all.

RC is correct, the envious want to see you skint, driving an old banger and generally not doing to well. The world is a crawl strange place.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

When my wife got her X3 35d, most people just see a regular X3 and there are tons of them over here in Bavaria, two different women, a mom she knows from my son's school and a woman at her fitness club, told her how great her new car is...and that she finally became reasonablemail  My wife drove a X5M and a M3 Cab before.

People don't seem to like it if you are different...

--

Glad it's not just the Brits who despise success. Clarkson wrote an interesting piece on the differences between UK & US in relation to cars. 

http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/jeremy-on-mean-brits-2012-09-19

--

991 (on it's way!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

Glad it's not just the Brits who despise success. Clarkson wrote an interesting piece on the differences between UK & US in relation to cars. 

http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/jeremy-on-mean-brits-2012-09-19

Wow...I'm not a particular Clarkson fan but this is the first time I actually fully agree with him. It seems that the Brits and the Krauts have more in common than I thought. Smiley

Back to topic, here are two more photos of the Cayenne GTS I want:

gts1.png

gts2.png

--

It's beautiful, pull the trigger Smiley.  Scratch the itch already Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):

It's beautiful, pull the trigger Smiley.  Scratch the itch already Smiley

The whole package (Cayenne GTS) looks really nice and both, me and the dealer will be happy if the deal happens. I still have to look at the Turbo again very closely but right now, I am quite sure that it is going to be the GTS. The Turbo just doesn't make sense for me since I have the PTS and I will not use the GTS for family trips, unless we need to go somewhere to the mountains in winter time. The lack of PDCC is also a huge issue on the Turbo.

--

I think your family will prefer using the Cayenne GTS over the PTS smiley

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

993Targa:

I think your family will prefer using the Cayenne GTS over the PTS smiley

Nope, my wife loves the Panamera and my son too. 

My daughter however is a Cayenne kid...she grew up in a Cayenne and she loves it.

Both, my wife and my daughter aren't fans of loud cars, so they will clearly prefer the Panamera on longer trips.

I already got everything figured out... Smiley

--

That interior is perfect ! kiss

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

RC:
    993Targa:

I think your family will prefer using the Cayenne GTS over the PTS 

I already got everything figured out... Smiley

Congrats, Christian. I am sure you all will love it...Smiley..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Friend just got the GTS - loves the sound and handling...so go for it Christian

--
    Off enjoying my car...

Nice soundtrack!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iK9rYhGvJ3c&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiK9rYhGvJ3c&gl=ES

--

1987 911 Carrera 3.2 - 2012 Cayenne Diesel - 2010 Abarth 500 - 1995 BMW318ti

That thread is pretty hilarious! To the main topic itself, most of the time I had a different opinion than RC on his purchasing decisions so I refrain to give any further advise. I have to say though that I personally, if I am not entirely sure of a deal, have accustomed myself to pass these offers.

Is the lease deal promoted by the dealer or Porsche directly? In the latter case, it should be possible to source a car from another dealer or network that does include PTV or TPMS, shouldn´t it?

Ferdie:

That thread is pretty hilarious! To the main topic itself, most of the time I had a different opinion than RC on his purchasing decisions so I refrain to give any further advise. I have to say though that I personally, if I am not entirely sure of a deal, have accustomed myself to pass these offers.

This is really a good deal, especially since the dealer already found a customer for my C63. Smiley

Is the lease deal promoted by the dealer or Porsche directly? In the latter case, it should be possible to source a car from another dealer or network that does include PTV or TPMS, shouldn´t it?

You are too curious. Smiley It is a mix of both but I won't go to another dealer, I am a loyal customer. I asked around, just out of curiosity and none of the deals offered was even close to this one. Of course I didn't press harder but still...

Don't worry, similar to the PTS, I only go for REALLY good deals. Smiley

--

What a sound....brrrrrrrrrrrrrr................. kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAhCeFbrV8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdraJqVQtwA

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690825 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410079 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256159 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235379 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65734 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858753 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775040 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM