Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: "Cajun" is now...MACAN Thread Closed

Quite interesting to me how quickly Cayenne design is evolving.  Porsche is clearly searching for a more unified, proportional and appealing design, and IMHO is well on its way....

Wonderbar:

Quite interesting to me how quickly Cayenne design is evolving.  Porsche is clearly searching for a more unified, proportional and appealing design, and IMHO is well on its way....

Absolutely right comment!

Also... seeing this Macan renderings gives you the feeling that the current Cayenne already lost the appearance, even though its a very beautiful car.

Kind of crazy, that some cars just keep their style, beauty and appearance over decades (G-Class, Range Rover, 911) - some cars just have the right shape, others are looking for it for generations without hitting the right spot!

the GTS may go out the door for one of these after all if the design comes out like that and the options still allow for the full breadth of personlization of the more expensive models.

i would love to knock down the size of my Cayenne & it is already shorter than the current version

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

2013 Porsche Macan prototype...

2013 Porsche Macan prototype -- video link

Smiley SmileySmiley

This prototype is really lightly disguised for something that's almost a year out from being unveiled. We can finally see the rear light design and it looks amazing! Shame the interior was so covered up, though.

Also seems that Porsche will include indicators in the door-mounted mirrors. The Macan's headlights also have square-shaped casings... What's in store up there? Otherwise, just looks like a smaller, curvier Cayenne - and that's something I have no problem with whatsoever.

rulesdontapply

I have to say I'm not exactly enjoying this latest trend where Michael Mauer compares Porsches to other marques and is designing cars/features "just because" other brands are doing it...

Will the current car driving around be modified? I'm sure it'll look different/dynamic enough from the Cayenne with its sharply sloping back, 3D taillights and lower height, unless Porsche has some surprises up its sleeve. Now if only they'd tease us with something or show us a preview of what's coming.

rulesdontapply

Porsche Macan Being Redesigned To Look Bolder

December 4, 2012 - Porsche’s upcoming Macan compact crossover, due for a reveal late next year ahead of a sales launch in 2014, will adopt a bold new look the automaker has no qualms of admitting was inspired by the aggressive lines of the Range Rover Evoque.

As our earlier spy shots revealed, the new Macan was shaping up to look like just like a downsized Cayenne. However, the success of the Range Rover Evoque has led Porsche designers to rethink just how aggressive they can make their new compact crossover.

The information was revealed by Porsche design chief Michael Mauer during an interview with Automotive News Europe (subscription required).

“As the person responsible for the look of the cars, I'm not afraid to make changes," he explained. "When I saw the Evoque, I thought, interesting. I like it.”

The Range Rover Evoque went on sale last year and has been a runaway success for Land Rover, which is struggling to keep up with demand.

Mauer stressed that the Macan won’t be a copy of the Evoque. Instead, expect to see some of the elements from the recent Panamera Sport Turismo concept feature on the car.

Specific elements from the stunning concept that will feature on future Porsche models include the quad-lens headlight design, C-shaped intake and slit-like tail-lights. Pictured above is a teaser image for the new Macan, which incorporates many of these same elements.

The Macan is a crucial model for Porsche, as the automaker expects it to be its top-seller. Sales projections of around 50,000-55,000 units per year have been described by Porsche as cautious estimates, and more recently there has been talk that sales numbers could reach as much as 75,000 units per year. At this level the Macan would represent more than 50 percent of Porsche’s total volume.

The Macan will enter production at Porsche’s Leipzig plant in Germany next year. It is expected to go on sale in the U.S. in early 2014. It will be based on a modified version of the Audi Q5’s platform and in some guises could develop as much as 370 horsepower.

While you wait for its arrival, be sure to check our previous spy video of a prototype at the Nürburgring.

Source: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1043660_porsche-macan-being-redesigned-to-look-bolder

I for one, am happy that they are taking another look at the current design. As long as they keep  away from the part's bin after lunch, and resist the temptation of just making an almost indistinguishable design change to a front head lamp and then sitting back and calling it a major design change, I think we will see an improvement (not hard to do considering the current looks angry)

I hope the car ends up as on the drawings 

But I kind of doubt that Porsche is going to make the Macan more beautiful as the Cayenne - so therefore I fear that we dont see those cool rear light section!

Lars997:

But I kind of doubt that Porsche is going to make the Macan more beautiful as the Cayenne - so therefore I fear that we dont see those cool rear light section!

Not exactly like this but pretty close. The Cayenne backlights on that Macan mule are FAKE, the real ones look pretty close to the ones in this photoshop job. Front lights will be slightly smaller(not by much though) and NOT 911-like.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    Lars997:

Not exactly like this but pretty close. The Cayenne backlights on that Macan mule are FAKE, the real ones look pretty close to the ones in this photoshop job. Front lights will be slightly smaller(not by much though) and NOT 911-like.

The last spy video posted above shows a slim taillight design under the Cayenne stickers when the car pulls out of the gas station; two red LED bars with an indicator strip are clearly visible, and a close-up still photo of the headlight shows a design similar to the headlights on the 958 Cayenne but with square-shaped casings. I'm wondering if the taillights will be connected with that strip, though.

The Macan mule already looks like the spawn of a Cayenne and an Evoque; clear Cayenne parentage in the overall shape and hips, but with a relatively Evoque-style [by Porsche's evolutionary standards, at least] roofline and raked rear screen. I think it's looking awesome and I'm glad/hoping Porsche will push the design envelope a bit, but I don't like it when it seems they're openly emulating other manufacturers. Here goes; a Macan Turbo may very well be my replacement.

I'm also curious about the interior; probably no surprises but there's a clear shelf-like design similar to the Panamera, but with a bigger screen and triangular air vents. Will the rising console make it too or can we expect a surprise?

rulesdontapply

I would love to see that reflector bar between the tail lights - that looks great.

The rising console we probably will see again as it is the new Porsche design language. Myself i.e. I love it on the Panamera but on the 991 I dont like it (its just to small - dimensions look wrong to me). 

Lets see.... that Macan might be a beautiful car for my wife smiley

The new design language of the rear lights reminds me too much of Dodgeyes

SmileySmiley I too am looking forward to the Macan and see it as a replacement for my Cayenne. 

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

rhino:

The new design language of the rear lights reminds me too much of Dodgeyes

actually I like the look of this dodge... well done dodge!

Me too!

That's the only good part of the Dodge Dart!

--

"Form follows function"

Haha, I posted a thread on the Dart here when it was just announced and raved about it. Well I just test drove one and let me tell you, words cannot describe how disappointing and just American it is... It's so terrible, it feels at least 10 years old. I thought, I wouldn't but this if it were for sale for $2,000 haha. Then I found a 25 years old BMW 525, simple clean and strong runner for $2k and it feels safer, drives better and will probably last longer than a brand new Dart.

Anyways, back to topic the above photoshop is stunning I hope it looks close to that! Especially the rear.. up front we all know Porsche won't go crazy.. when even the halo car 918 will look quite conservative in front styling we know Porsche will do nothing new on any other model.

Read, why not give the new Panamera Coupe, the new 928, pop up headlights kiss

I like the rear design of the Dodge too, but I wouldn't want a Dodge rear on my PorscheSmiley

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Very tastefully done!

rhino:

I like the rear design of the Dodge too, but I wouldn't want a Dodge rear on my PorscheSmiley

You seem to forget that probably 99% of people outside the US may not even know what a Dodge is... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

indecision

I want V6 3.0 TDI with 313 PS from AudiSQ5 in combination with Macan!

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com
    My renders are free for using & sharing, as long as my credits are untouched.

Milanno:

I want V6 3.0 TDI with 313 PS from AudiSQ5 in combination with Macan!

And dont forget that subwoofer in the exhaust to generate the sound... great toy! Smiley

Lars997:

Looks great on that render... much better than Cayenne.

Some of these styling cues will be used on the Cayenne FL, most probably.

--

"Form follows function"

I don't know cheeky I hope we shall see more imagination in the real Macan.

2014-porsche-macan_span.jpg2014-porsche-macan_th.jpg

--

"Form follows function"

Porsche Macan testing on the Nürburgring...

Porsche Macan testing on the Nürburgring -- Video Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Just watching the video and listening to the clip around 0:06, it sounds like PDK? Does anyone know for sure?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM