Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

The itch strikes again...

Dealer made an excellent offer for this one, what do you guys think?

gt1.jpggt2.jpg

gt3.jpg

gt4.jpg

gt5.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Re: The itch strikes again...

Good God RC.

Since you are leasing and not too emotionally attached to one, why not? IF there isn't much trouble abandoning the lease on you returning the other one.

I would PASS !  (You asked....;-) )

Whoopsy:

Good God RC.

Since you are leasing and not too emotionally attached to one, why not? IF there isn't much trouble abandoning the lease on you returning the other one.

The Cayenne GTS would replace my C63, not my Panamera Turbo S. Smiley

Sound is pretty close to my C63, this is what I would miss most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdG97J9hs8A

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Dave63:

I would PASS !  (You asked....;-) )

OK. Why? (why should I pass?)

--

Go for it.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Pentium:

Go for it.

Why? Smiley

Maybe I should explain a little bit: My C63 AMG Coupe is fun and everything but since the cold weather started here, it has been much less fun, especially when it rains or snows. I usually use my Panamera Turbo S on weekends and/or with the family, so the C63 is actually my daily driver. For a daily driver, the car just isn't perfect, the traction issues (even on dry pavement but mainly on wet and snowy roads) were fun in the beginning but now they are just annoying. Fuel consumption in the city is also pretty high, I never can get the car below 19 l / 100 km, not that I ever tried hard. Smiley

I was just picking up the snow chains for my PTS at my local dealer when he made me an offer I couldn't refuse (taking in the C63, apparently he has a client and making me a good deal on the GTS he has in stock).

The Cayenne GTS sounds almost as good as my C63, the sound is actually the main reason I got the C63. I also really love the Cayenne and the GTS drives really nicely and very sporty for a SUV. Also average fuel consumption in the city is 16 l / 100 km, not much less than my C63 but still better than nothing. Smiley

Actually, I could go for a 991 Carrera 4S too Smiley but unfortunately this is a no go because of my business, daily driver and all. The Cayenne is "acceptable", especially since it doesn't have a too aggressive look (black) or a too flashy color (red, etc.).

I was actually thinking about the new Cayenne S Diesel too, I could get one in January but I realized that while both, the GTS and the S Diesel have the same 0-100 kph performance (5.7 sec), the GTS outruns the S Diesel up to 200 kph by over 5 seconds. This is a huge difference.

Last but not least, there is also the temptation to have two Porsche in the garage. Smiley

Tough decision but the itch itches... Smiley

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:

Good God RC.

The Cayenne GTS would replace my C63, not my Panamera Turbo S. Smiley

Sound is pretty close to my C63, this is what I would miss most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdG97J9hs8A

--

You know, I did have a feeling that the Panny is staying, I THOUGHT it was for replacing the X5M. 

But if it's replacing the C63, then it's a no brainer, you get much more use out of the Cayenne than the C63 Coupe.

RC:

Dealer made an excellent offer for this one, what do you guys think?

gt5.jpg

I wish my dealer made me an offer on a GTS that I couldn't refuse... 

Did you drive the Cayenne S Diesel? I'm curious what your opinion is?

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Well, problem is that you will find the Cayenne more convenient for family trips than the Panamera.... Tough situation!

--

1987 911 Carrera 3.2 - 2012 Cayenne Diesel - 2010 Abarth 500 - 1995 BMW318ti

Take it!!!!

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

I love Cayenne GTS.... I would take it kiss

--

As I said before, go for it!
    --

There is no try. Just do.

If I were you I would bet rid of the C coupe because it serves no purpose for you needs, from what I can gather. It is RWD and thus lacks traction in your wintery environment and OTOH it lacks the accommodation and practicality to serve as a second car. I am sure it also consumes a lot of fuel for no purpose. It is neither a sportscar nor a long distance car and it is also very ordinary to look at (which might be an asset in your area). If you want a toy get a 911, to use when you fancy and forget about half measures.

I am not sure if the GTS is the right car, but at least it will give you lots of utility value with more than adequate speed. It might be difficult to get sideways like the C, but so what! 

Problem with the GTS is that if you get it you will not like the Panamera anymore, because the Cayenne will do almost all that the PTS does plus much more. Then, you will be looking for a PTS replacement and the story goes on 

--

"Form follows function"

I bet if this Cayenne were black, I'm sure that you would have decided by now kiss Looks stunning !

Christian,

Do you still have X5M? If yes, how long do you plan to have it?

If you plan to have X5M for say it 1 year or longer getting Cayenne GTS do not make any sense at all.Smiley

Since your wife drives X3 3.5d do you really need 3(!) SUVs in your garage?Smiley

Is the Cayenne pre-registered?  By that I mean has the dealer bought the car to boost their current yearly sales figures?

If so that means it will be a 2012 car and you will be shown as the second owner.  This, combined with a reduction in length of warranty, could have implications at re-sale.

It really comes down to just how good the dealer's offer is bearing in mind the above factors....yes

Of course, if it's not pre-registered and the specification suits your requirements... then that's a different story..

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Thanks, guys. You have been really helpful. kiss

I would lease the car (which is brand-new), I don't like buying cars which I may not keep longer than three years.

The Cayenne GTS would not replace my Panamera Turbo S in any way since the PTS is playing in a completely different performance league. The GTS would be my daily driver and a car for bad weather conditions and/or trips where the PTS is just wrong, for example when we need to take one of kid's friends with us and/or when we need more luggage room.

The C63 has been an amazing fun car but I realized that I'm a sucker for AWD. When driving mostly on public roads and many times in rain or other bad weather, the C63 is just not the fun I have hoped for, especially when you move the family in it or when people around you already keep shouting or making not so nice gestures at you when the rear starts to move a little bit sideways. Keep in mind that the C63 is my daily driver while the Panamera Turbo S isn't for various unfortunate reasons.

I could go for a Cayenne Turbo too, dealer has one in his stock and the deal would be pretty close since the car isn't fully loaded but I specifically chose the Cayenne GTS because of the very sporty chassis setup(you REALLY need to drive one, it is an amazing truck) and the unbelievable sound which, after the C63 and the Aston Martin Vantage V8, is the best V8 sound on the market on a standard production series car. For a daily driver, the sound and feel is important too to keep me happy.

Only downside: The GTS at my dealer seems to lack TPM. If so, this would be a deal breaker for me. I do not buy cars without TPM for safety reasons. Not sure if it can be retrofitted but I will talk to the dealer next week. 

I don't know about other countries but it seems that dealers over here in Germany want/need to make a deal. Business is apparently slow. For me, this is an excellent opportunity to put a second Porsche in my garage.

I was thinking about the 991 C4S too, why should I lie, the lease deal would be probably similar but I can't use it as a daily driver because of my business. Also, the car has almost no luggage room and only a limited space for four persons. However, I really like the 991 a lot.

The Cayenne S Diesel was also on my mind, I recently drove one and my dealer would have one available in January. What can I say? The Cayenne S Diesel is really nice, the engine/exhaust sound has a nice V8 growl, which was quite surprising for me on a Diesel. The huge torque is always present, it actually feels more powerful than my PTS but the feeling is just a feeling. I clocked the 0-200 kph time at 25 seconds, not accurate by any means but using the same method, I clocked the GTS a whopping 5 seconds faster. Huge difference.  Surprisingly, the Cayenne S Diesel would be aprox. 10k EUR cheaper than the GTS but the GTS deal is better, so they would basically cost me the same money. Average fuel(Diesel) consumption on the S Diesel was 12 l / 100 km, which sounds a lot for a Diesel but keep in mind that the GTS had a fuel consumption of an average 18 l / 100 km under the same driving conditions, so this IS a huge difference. Overall, I'd say that the Cayenne S Diesel consumes aprox. 2 l / 100 km more on average than the regular Diesel, which is OK in my book. Haven't tried driving at top speed though.

Overall, I think the decision for the Cayenne GTS is a good decision. This may not be the quickest Cayenne on the block but it feels right, it sounds right, the interior is amazing(I love that Alcantara/red stitching combo) and everything else isn't that important on a daily driver. I still have the S Diesel a little bit on my mind because of the low(er) Diesel consumption but it is not very likely. The performance difference in the upper speed range is too big and while the S Diesel doesn't sound bad (V8 growl), the sound isn't even close to the GTS sound. Of course the S Diesel would make for sense for city driving but I would miss that V8 sound from the GTS.

What I also like about the GTS: If you drive normally, meaning without pushing it, you can get 13-14 l / 100 km in the city without being a snail in the end. Under the same driving conditions, the C63 ate 18 l / 100 km. It is just impossible to get the C63 AMG Coupe PP under 18 l / 100 km in the city, unless you barely touch the throttle. Not that I really care but with rising fuel prices, I think this is another argument I shouldn't leave out.

Now the most vital question: Why didn't I go for black on the GTS? Well...my dealer doesn't have a black one in stock(yet) and I think that black looks too sporty and aggressive for the purpose as a daily driver. Meteor grey is really looking nice on the GTS, black wheels and all. I just hope that the car has TPM and that it was just missing from the option list. Otherwise, I would need to spec another dealer GTS which is expected to arrive in January.

I

--

So, you could have X5M and Cayenne GTS at the same time in your garage? I am not sure that I fully understand your way of thinking...
    Nevertheless, Cayenne GTS is a great SUV.

KresoF1:
    So, you could have X5M and Cayenne GTS at the same time in your garage? I am not sure that I fully understand your way of thinking...

The X5M is long gone...it has been replaced by a X3 35d, which usually only my wife uses. My wife drives mostly in the city and the X5M fuel consumption was way too high (19 l / 100 km on average in the city). Now she doesn't have the feeling that she drives a less powerful car (X3 35d) but the Diesel consumption on average is only 9 l / 100 km in the city, huge difference. The X3 is also slightly smaller, which is good for parking. 0-100 kph in 5.5 seconds according to AMS, you should see the faces of other drivers when I outrun them from the stop light in a "crappy" X3. Amazing. Smiley

So after the C63 is gone, we would have a Panamera Turbo S, a BMW X3 35d and a Cayenne GTS in our garage. After the Mini Cooper S Countryman All4 goes in 18 months or so, we could add a Boxster, if my wife still has that craving for a Cab. Smiley

--

good logic, his replacement for the PTS is the 991 Turbo

RC has the entire plan ready!

Go for it..... Smiley

RC,

If you can switch out of the C63 without a "big" problem, I would get the GTS Smiley

ARMD009:

good logic, his replacement for the PTS is the 991 Turbo

RC has the entire plan ready!

Go for it..... Smiley

Smiley Actually more of a 991 Turbo S in three years or so but you got my point. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X3 35d, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    KresoF1:

The X5M is long gone...it has been replaced by a X3 35d, which usually only my wife uses. My wife drives mostly in the city and the X5M fuel consumption was way too high (19 l / 100 km on average in the city). Now she doesn't have the feeling that she drives a less powerful car (X3 35d) but the Diesel consumption on average is only 9 l / 100 km in the city, huge difference. The X3 is also slightly smaller, which is good for parking. 0-100 kph in 5.5 seconds according to AMS, you should see the faces of other drivers when I outrun them from the stop light in a "crappy" X3. Amazing. Smiley

So after the C63 is gone, we would have a Panamera Turbo S, a BMW X3 35d and a Cayenne GTS in our garage. After the Mini Cooper S Countryman All4 goes in 18 months or so, we could add a Boxster, if my wife still has that craving for a Cab. Smiley

--

In that case get the Cayenne GTS. Period.Smiley

I really like the GTS too and I think it would round up your garage pretty nicely having a Panamera and a Cayenne. But like someone said before it will take away from the use you give to the PTS. 

Also, and I think this is more subjective but that colour combo makes it look a bit aftermarket-y. Maybe if it was black or a darker grey it would look much better. just my 2c

My mistake....Smiley

Keep me posted on the TPM retrofit. I am interested.

--

1987 911 Carrera 3.2 - 2012 Cayenne Diesel - 2010 Abarth 500 - 1995 BMW318ti

The new Cayenne doesn't disappoint especially if it comes with pdcc + ptv, you can do crazy things in this car and still feel safe but I got bored in time and had to go find a different car that was meant to scare me  indecision

BiTurbo:

The new Cayenne doesn't disappoint especially if it comes with pdcc + ptv, you can do crazy things in this car and still feel safe but I got bored in time and had to go find a different car that was meant to scare me  indecision

It is difficult to find a family car to scare me. Whenever I choose something more sporty, it kind of bites me in the a.. in a way or another. Either I don't get to drive it at all or my wife and/or kids hate driving in it, which limits the usage a lot.

The Cayenne is, like any other car I would choose as a daily driver, a compromise. If I could, I would rather take a 991 C4S for now and a 991 Turbo when it comes out. Unfortunately I can't do that (business and all), so I have to stick to compromises. Well...not that I really complaint. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X3 35d, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Enmanuel:

I really like the GTS too and I think it would round up your garage pretty nicely having a Panamera and a Cayenne. But like someone said before it will take away from the use you give to the PTS. 

Also, and I think this is more subjective but that colour combo makes it look a bit aftermarket-y. Maybe if it was black or a darker grey it would look much better. just my 2c

No, the Panamera Turbo S is a different beast, performance and handling wise.

The color combo looks good in reality, it doesn't look too nice in these photos which are actually photos taken by a dealer, not by me. They look a little bit artificial. The car looks really good and this comes from someone who loves black. My son also gave his approval today, my daughter loves the Cayenne and my wife doesn't care what car I choose, as long as it isn't a Lamborghini or Ferrari (she is afraid of friends and neighbors Smiley).

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688440 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408658 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255499 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234748 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65366 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857536 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773287 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM