Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

2012 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix at Interlagos in Sao Paulo

Vettel vs Alonso. I expect Vettel to win the title. It's too difficult for Alonso to overcome a 13 point gap in a slower car except if the rain or RBR's reliability play a part. I'm looking forward to the finale. I wonder what further humiliation Ferrari will impose on Massa to help Alonso.

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Re: 2012 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix at Interlagos in Sao Paulo

no matter what we will hear Vettel cry indecision

Saturday chance of T-storms, Sunday chance of rain  However, Vettel is a very good rain driver too.

As to Massa, IMO Ferrari did the logical thing to promote the drivers' championship contender, especially since the constructors'  title was practically lost for Ferrari. 

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

As to Massa, IMO Ferrari did the logical thing to promote the drivers' championship contender, especially since the constructors'  title was practically lost for Ferrari. 

Well put. In the end it won't make a difference though. I reckon that Vettel will take the title.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Most probably,  Vettel will take the title, but "it ain't over till the fat lady sings", so the Massa trick might prove it was worth it.

--

"Form follows function"

Just to make things clear, I would love to see Vettel win and take the title. I will cheer for him.

BUT

If Alonso drives the wheels off that Ferrari and wins the race and Vettel comes 5th, I will be happy for Alonso...

only IF

Ferrari plays a fair game. Like many other F1 finales before I DO NOT WANT TO SEE somebody taking out Alonso OR Vettel or some cheap move like that.

And I predict a great race we'll see :D

--

There is no try. Just do.

And yes reginos, I completely agree with you: it's not over 'till it's over!

--

There is no try. Just do.

Massa proved again that he is an awesome driver...

I like Hamilton and I hope he enjoys his win because I don't think that he is going to win much with Mercedes next year...heart

Vettel vs Alonso both very talented... But I think in this case the best car wins next Sunday... In my opinion it will not be Alonso...

--

2011 Porsche Carrera 4S Platinum Silver
    2013 Porsche Panamera GTS Basalt Black

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” 
    ― Bob Marley

easy_rider911:

Vettel vs Alonso. I expect Vettel to win the title. It's too difficult for Alonso to overcome a 13 point gap in a slower car except if the rain or RBR's reliability play a part. I'm looking forward to the finale. I wonder what further humiliation Ferrari will impose on Massa to help Alonso.

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

The gearbox seal trick may be within the rules, so it puts obviously a bad touch to the sport, the team and people involved.

Absolutely not within the spirit of the sport. Sadly speaking this kind of underhand beahaviour is well known to Alonso. I had the impression he developed further...his recent comments and actions proof the opposite, he is still the "me, myself and I" guy we know from his Renault and McLaren times. The level of teamorder Alonso demands is absurd.  As Martin Whitmarsh said...."It was not doing those things that meant Fernando left us..."

Looking for a good and open race in Brazil. Hopefully no technical or political failures will impact the race and especially Vettel and Alonso.

kashmir:
    easy_rider911:

--

The gearbox seal trick may be within the rules, so it puts obviously a bad touch to the sport, the team and people involved.

Absolutely not within the spirit of the sport. Sadly speaking this kind of underhand beahaviour is well known to Alonso. I had the impression he developed further...his recent comments and actions proof the opposite, he is still the "me, myself and I" guy we know from his Renault and McLaren times. The level of teamorder Alonso demands is absurd.  As Martin Whitmarsh said...."It was not doing those things that meant Fernando left us..."

Looking for a good and open race in Brazil. Hopefully no technical or political failures will impact the race and especially Vettel and Alonso.

While I share your view , team orders or legal "tricks" are  neither recent or new to the F1 . While not an example of sportmanship  they have been part of this sport for many years.  Let`s hope for a clean race on Sunday Smiley

--

911 Club Coupe, 72' 911 Targa 2.4 S, 12' Audi S4 Avant

m4ever:

While I share your view , team orders or legal "tricks" are  neither recent or new to the F1 . While not an example of sportmanship  they have been part of this sport for many years.  Let`s hope for a clean race on Sunday Smiley

That's a different level of team order influencing the race. Its not only that Domenicali degrades Massa to Alonsos handyman...they are basically running a one car team. From race one onwards Massa has to move aside when Fernando comes by. Thats even worse than in Schumacher/Barrichello times. Its a different question, why a driver of Alonsos level is unable to compete against one in a same car... Same situation as now, we have seen during his Renaults times. Never heard a driver whining that desperately for team order as FA (i.e. Montreal 2005, Indy 2007, Hockenheim 2010...).  Interesting to see how Massa outperformed him recently in Korea or Austin.

The difference as happened in Austin is, Ferrari deliberated the rules. Which not only meant a push back for Massa, though also for other drivers who where forced to change the side. Which equals a disadvantage for them (i.e. Hulkenberg). Some drivers receive grid penalties for blocking others...here drivers experienced  an obstruction by Ferraris team order. Very bad sportsmanship.  

BjoernB:

no matter what we will hear Vettel cry indecision

SmileySmiley

I don't get the fuzz people are making here on Ferrari - there are only 2 people left fighting for the championship - and it;'s nothing but logical that every team would do whatever legally to bring their contender into a better position. That this was absolutely the correct decision - everyone could see what Alonso did in the first corner from the "right side". Absolutely nothing wrong with it - it's called tactics and no harm done for Massa. Ferrari has been focussed for years now on a "No 1 driver policy"  and Massa got very well paid for the performance he's delivering - Alonso has even in his contract that he has influence in the 2nd driver's choice !

However, it;s pretty sure that Vettel will bag this one unless something very "unforuntate" happens.

As in Massa blocking Vettel, or Massa bump into Vettel, or Massa side swipe Vettel or Massa crash into Vettel?

Or Massa being told to pull aside? Or Massa having another 'gearbox' trouble?

Plenty of chances for Alonso to cheat.

I like yr thoughts smiley

There won't be a great transgression of the rules. It's just that Vettel will have mechanical problems and end with a DNF; while Alonso will win the drivers championship.  Just my prediction, nothing statistical or logical; just a grand guess.

I will certainly miss seeing Hamilton in a top competing car next season unless Mercedes really steps up their game!

I am still so pleased with Hamilton for having fulfilled my Canadian GP prediction.

I also read that the cause of Weber's exit was the famous "alternator" issue with Redbull and despite they have a new solution they used the old "proven" on his car - so lot's of sweat of RBR guess on the reliability in the last race - but I still guess that Vettel will make it as he has the fastest car for sure. Today I read that Pirelli will supply the same tires as for the US race - so I expect hamilton/Mc to be fast again and probably ferrari to struggle in the Qualifying - but imagine Vettel running out due to a technical and Alonso making more than 13 points or slightly less would be hard to beat in terms of viewers actions.....

New alternator for Brazil.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104409

The scenario you describe with Vettel losing  is possible for other reasons too. It will be raining in Sao Paulo which could influence the qualifying order and/or the race,  plus increase the probability of crashes and safety car periods.

It will be a very long race, unless Alonso crashes or is taken out by someone from the very beginning.

--

"Form follows function"

No problem for Vettel because this weekend Webber will take care of Fernando. Lol..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

The only way Vettel can fail to become Champion again is if he breaks down or gets 'taken out'  - I can honestly see that as a strong possibility! 

If it happens early in the race, Alonso had better steer well clear of Webber...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

I can't see why Webber would do that. RBR has already won the Constructors' Title. Team orders will always help Vettel get past Webber and the team's preference for Vettel means he can pick any parts off Webber's car that he needs but RBR can't order Webber to have a deliberate collision to take out Alonso.

Briatore and Nelsinho Piquet were severely punished for what Renault did at the inaugural Singapore GP to create a safety car incident that they knew would help Alonso win the race.

--

Lets pray for rain tomorrow.... smiley

Here is a leaked picture of Kimi new steering wheel as per his specifications to the engineers 

And here is a little humor for tomorrows race, this cracked me up 

Translation: "Its that guy in the back there"... "try to make it look like an accident"  

Seriously I hope tomorrows race it rains so it evens out the odds between the cars but without any collision or fortuitus accidents, thats what ever the results are, are due to the drivers performances and not luck or fate.

--

Haha that's a really funny picture, nice find! I thought the Q was very interesting and Mclaren have some really damn good pace.. I am so excited for th race tomorrow, no idea who will win and the championship is still open too, which fits this highly interesting season.

Mute, Mute, Mute; I love it. Of course the announcers had a good laugh during Qualifying when Kimi asked the team a question and they all thought that the team should have told him "We know what we are doing, quit talking to us" Smiley

OMFG, what a race!!! Imagine Alonso actually takes 3rd and vettel spins in the first laps.. Omg then Alonso shows nerves and loses some spots, Vettel amazingly fights back to right behind Alonso. Meanwhile the McLarens fight in 1&2 and Hulkenberg takes the lead in lap 19 as he didnt go to intermediates.. The rest of the pack apart from button went for infers but now back to dry tires!!! This is amazing racing. Both massa and webber challenged their teammates wow

It needed a safety car, but things are starting to settle down. Nico the Hulk maintains his lead over the McLarens and Alonso is losing to the first 3. Massa passed vettel who appears to have some aero damage so is going to cruise home some important points I suspect.

Nevermind, mistake and Hamilton takes the lead!!

but now it's starting to rain again? 

Whatever the result, it is/was very entertaining!

One big winner... Bernie.

what a race! best of the season.

bottom line, the best car takes the championship, the best driver takes de subchampionship...

--

The best car-driver package always wins in F1. As we are in motorsport this makes sense. You need to have a good car and a driver that can drive it well, in order to win.

Why doesn't Alonso challenge Vettel in a kart race to see who is best?

Alonso doesn't need to be bitter. Nobody forced him to go to the Scuderia Ferrari.

--

"Form follows function"

Strickly driver speaking I think everybody knows who is the best and most complete F1 driver on the grid by far.

If you look at the championship points table, you can see its nothing short fo a miracle for a Ferrari (who barely made the Q3's in the GP's) to be only 3 points behind a RBR car and so many points ahead of the rest behind... that was all to driver Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803201 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448562 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266121 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90058 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6588 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885700 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833250 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM