Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 spyshots thread (continued) (for UNRELEASED models only) Thread Closed

Joost:
    KresoF1:
    Atzporsche:

definitely the new GT3, the Turbo will have frog fog lights.... sadly.

991 Turbo won't have frog fog lights.Smiley

Thank god, thats good news!

I am not sure how that would be a surprise. Porsche is getting rid of fog lights in all their cars lately.

2013 Porsche 991 Turbo track testing at the Nurburgring...

Smiley SmileySmiley

2013 Porsche 991 GT3 mule testing on road and track...

2013 Porsche 991 GT3 mule testing on road and track -- Motor Trend link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Am I alone in imagining the discussion at Weissach:

"So all in favour of the ducktail?" (50% of the team put their hands up)

"And all in favour of a rear wing?" (the other 50%...)

"OK, let's put both on then..."

I'm sure it make sense in the wind tunnel, but I've never liked the combo aesthetically...

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

Budster:
    I'm sure it make sense in the wind tunnel, but I've never liked the combo aesthetically...

Absolutely agree. Ducktail is nice, Turbo wing is nice as well, rear wing of the GT3 is fine also, but please don't mix them. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I think the added lip on the n'ring GT3 mules confirms that this is not the final design. I predict the 991 GT3 will have the taller wing seen in the Estoril photos, something more akin to that of the 997.2 GT3. Smiley

Boxster Coupe GTS:

looks like Turbo has extending rear spoiler a la Panamera Turbo

sfo:

Hmm I don't know. In the first photo it looks as if the spoiler would be flush in the down position. Smiley

When will we see new GT3 and Turbo? in the beginning of 2013?

artur777:

When will we see new GT3 and Turbo? in the beginning of 2013?

If history is a guide, expect to see the Porsche 991 GT3 at the Geneva Motor show in March 2013...

Porsche Unveils Most Powerful Non-Turbo 911 in History: the 2007 911 GT3

415-horsepower model to debut at Geneva Motor Show

ATLANTA, 24 February 2006 – Porsche’s new 2007 911 GT3 will make its public debut at the Geneva Motor Show on February 28, 2006. The latest race-bred 911 sports coupe features a 415-horsepower naturally aspirated engine with an 8,400 rpm redline, an active suspension setup tuned for the track, and a mechanical limited-slip differential.

Serving as the homologation basis for Porsche’s 911 GT3 RSR racecar, the 911 GT3 provides enthusiasts with an uncompromising road car that can easily transition to weekend track-day outings. The 415-horsepower, 3.6-liter flat-Six engine produces a specific output of 115.3 horsepower-per-liter, among the highest of any naturally aspirated production car. The Boxer engine’s power peak is reached at 7,600 rpm, on the way to an 8,400 rpm redline -- 200 rpm beyond the previous GT3 model.

In addition to its high-revving characteristics, the GT3 engine’s performance has been fortified by careful attention to airflow rates. Changes to the variable intake system include a throttle valve enlarged from 76 to 82 millimeters, optimized cylinder heads, and a low-backpressure exhaust system.

To take advantage of the extended-rev characteristics of the engine, the 2007 911 GT3 features a revised six-speed manual transmission, with lower gear ratios for 2nd through 6th, as well as shortened shift-lever throws. A new change-up display, which illuminates the tachometer shortly before the relevant engine speed is reached, provides GT3 pilots with an additional signal to optimize shift timing.

The combination of a more powerful, higher-revving engine and shortened gear ratios produces impressive acceleration figures, allowing the 2007 911 GT3 to reach 60 mph from a standstill in 4.1 seconds (0-100 km/h, 4.3 sec.), and 100 mph (160 km/h) from a standing start in 8.7 seconds. The top test-track speed of the new 911 GT3 is 193 mph (310 km/h).

For the first time, the 911 GT3 boasts an active suspension. The standard Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) system offers two chassis in one: the basic configuration is similar to that of the previous model and is suitable for driving on alternating road surfaces. In Sport mode, the system provides even firmer damping, enabling more focused dynamics for the racetrack.

For the best possible transmission of engine power to the road, the GT3 is equipped with a comprehensive traction package, including new electronic Traction Control adapted from the Carrera GT, standard-equipment 19-inch sports tires, and a mechanical limited-slip differential. The new Traction Control setup features traction-slip and drag-torque control functions, allows the safe application of power under any driving conditions, and can be completely disabled if desired.

The 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 will be available in North America beginning in August 2006. US pricing for the new model is $106,000.

. . .

Improved Aerodynamics, Suspension, Braking Distinguish 2010 GT3

ATLANTA --- 29 January 2009 --- Porsche will launch the fastest, most powerful 911 GT3 to-date at the Geneva Motor Show on March 3, 2009. The high performance GT3 is the latest in the new generation 911 series and carries over a wide range of expertise learned from motorsports – resulting in superb capabilities both on road and on track.

New Engine

The 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 raises the performance bar thanks to an increase in engine size to 3.8 liters and VarioCam technology now on both the intake and exhaust. The naturally aspirated six-cylinder boxer engine develops 435 bhp, 20 bhp more than its predecessor.

The new, larger engine offers a significant increase in torque at medium engine speeds, which is particularly important for everyday driving. Track performance is also improved; the new GT3 accelerates to 60 mph in 4.0 seconds and reaches a top track speed of 194 mph.

Improved Suspension

Driving dynamics have also been enhanced, and the new GT3 offers even better grip and stability. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) has enabled Porsche’s engineers to make the springs and anti-roll bars stiffer, thus ensuring even more precise handling in sport mode, while retaining a level of comfort suitable for everyday use in normal mode. For the first time, the 911 GT3 comes standard with Porsche Stability Management (PSM), with suspension mapping mirroring that of the GT2. The driver can disengage both stability control and traction control in separate steps.

Refined Aerodynamics

At high speeds, aerodynamic improvements have increased downforce at both the front and rear, more than doubling the effect of the previous GT3. At the same time, the new aerodynamics package, with larger vents in the front and rear bumpers gives the GT3 a brand-new look, accentuated by standard bi-xenon headlights, LED rear light clusters and modified air intakes and outlets.

Innovative Engine Mounts

The new GT3 will be available with new and highly innovative dynamic engine mounts. Utilizing magnetic fluid, these inventive mounts automatically stiffen to create a more solid coupling between the engine and chassis when the car is driven energetically. This provides a sporting, rigid assembly on fast bends and winding racetracks yet allows for engine isolation and increased comfort while driving in everyday traffic. Traction is also improved when accelerating from a standstill.

Upgraded Brakes

With driving dynamics and performance at an even higher level, the brake system, following a long Porsche tradition, has also been enhanced accordingly. Brake discs are larger and feature an aluminum hub to reduce weight. Increased brake ventilation ensures a high level of brake power over long periods, and the GT3 can also be equipped with PCCB ceramic brakes, developed specifically for this model.

Creative Front End Lift

A new lift system for the front axle is also available. By utilizing an on-board air compressor, the front of the car can be raised for steep driveways or inclines. The touch of a button raises the front ride height by 30 mm, or 1.18 inches and at speeds up to approximately 30 mph. New, lighter GT3 specific center lock wheels and ultra-high performance tires round out the functional and visual enhancement of the GT3.

The 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 will be available in the fall of 2009, MSRP $112,200 US.

. . .

2013 Porsche 911 GT3 Debut in Geneva...

Smiley SmileySmiley

...and Porsche Motorsport has indicated that the 991 GT3 RSR will launch in 2014...

Porsche Motorsport Development Activity to Transition to Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (type 991) Starting in 2013

Stuttgart, Germany/Santa Ana, California – 26 October 2012 -- With a new race car based on the new, seventh-generation Porsche 911 (type 991) street car on the horizon, Porsche Motorsport has announced it will wind down its development program for the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (type 997) – a very successful venture which began in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) in 2005.

Hartmut Kristen, head of Porsche Motorsport worldwide, in making the announcement, explained that the current 911 race car will reach the end of its product cycle, and, while support will continue for customer teams, further new component development will be discontinued in favor of resources devoted to the all-new car.

“Just like our recent Porsche RS Spyder program, we must appreciate the success of our race cars during their product cycle, but move on to new models when it is time to do so. The venerable Porsche 911 GT3 RSR has provided our Porsche customer teams with numerous wins and championships, and will remain competitive in 2013. Porsche will support the customer teams which continue to race that car, but the time has come and we now must focus our research and engineering development efforts on its successor,” said Mr. Kristen.

The new Porsche 911 GT3 RSR is slated to make its North American debut in 2014,” said Kristen.

In North America, the development partner helping to design, engineer and implement improvements in the current 911 RSR race car has been Flying Lizard Motorsports in the GT class of the ALMS. This partnership now is discontinued.

Jens Walther, president of Porsche Motorsport North America, was quick to point out that customer teams still wishing to run the current 911 race car will be able to continue to do so in the American Le Mans Series with full at-the- track engineering and parts support. PMNA shop service from Porsche will also continue in 2013.

“We will be at the track with our usual support for 2013, and some of our current customer teams have already committed to run the 911 GT3 RSR (type 997) next year. Each of the current teams will be announcing their plans as we get closer to the ALMS Winter Test in February,” he said.

Walther also pointed out that the Flying Lizards have been a terrific development partner since they took on the role with Porsche Motorsport in 2007.

“Team owner Seth Neiman and his entire Flying Lizard Motorsports organization have helped both Porsche Motorsport and all our customer teams around the world by being our development partner in the U.S. Together we have won multiple championships in the ALMS. The team has assisted in testing everything from new engines and transmissions to the latest aero package we introduced earlier this year – all to improve the car for everyone. In the midst of all that, they won three straight ALMS GT championships in the
    most competitive class in sports car racing. We thank Seth and his team for that service, and hope their racing plans going forward continue to include Porsche,” Walther said.

“It’s impressive how the 911 GT3 RSR has developed from year to year. The lap times alone are astounding, because despite the restrictions imposed on us again and again by the regulations, the car just got faster every year,” says Porsche works driver Joerg Bergmeister, who has celebrated the majority of his successes at the wheel of the 911 GT3 RSR.

...let's hope the 2014 Porsche 991 GT3 RS road car will finally get seriously W-I-D-E-R wheel arches!!!

Smiley SmileySmiley

sfo:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

You are correct. But "a la Panamera", hmm maybe not. The 997 Turbo had it. So did the 996 Turbo. And so did the 964 Carrera. Smiley

I meant the lower part extending sideways ..

but looking closely, probably not!

911-targa_600x0w.jpg

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/porsche/2014-porsche-911-targa-ar130625.html

--

Looks weird!

I tried to work on these in PS....

Estoril991GT3_04s.jpgEstoril991GT3_06s.jpg

--

Estoril991GT3_05s.jpg

--

Thank God spoiler doesn't look "mixed" cool

--

Reminds me this one:

2013-Porsche-911-GT3.jpg

--

6475537321_9322f35a04_z.jpg

--

SportCarGroup:

911-targa_600x0w.jpg

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/porsche/2014-porsche-911-targa-ar130625.html

From the spy shots, this is probably a pretty good representation of what the next Targa will look like.  I agree it looks wierd, but I'm facinated to see just how that top is going to retract.  I'm a big 996 and 997 Targa fan (it just works for me) but I think I'm going to be torn between the new Targa, the coupe and the cab.

--

09 Porsche 911 Targa 4S
    02 Porsche 911 Targa - Retired
    08 BMW 550i

to see the convertible roof mecanism in the picture confuses me - unless the panels get a compartment back there when you don't need them....plus if it is a 4S the exhaust tips are wrong too.....yes

Some fresh pic's of  Targa wink

spionage-porsche-991-911-targa-opnieuw-gespot-2.jpgspionage-porsche-991-911-targa-opnieuw-gespot.jpgspionage-porsche-991-911-targa-opnieuw-gespot-5.jpgspionage-porsche-991-911-targa-opnieuw-gespot-3.jpgspionage-porsche-991-911-targa-opnieuw-gespot-41.jpg

--

Thanks for the great pictures. I am looking forward to seeing the production variant.

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

I don't know what's happening to Rennteam Porsche board for the last week....seem's to be sleeping! Here's nice Targa render to wake you up guys wink

porsche-911-991-targa-rendered-into-reality-51515_1.jpg

--

Cool car!kiss

--

sportcars-history.com

Very nicely done...SmileySmiley

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

Just joking indecision

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

SportCarGroup:

6475537321_9322f35a04_z.jpg

Hmm... Is this fixed spoiler actually for the GT3 RS....?

I posted this on another website but thought it may be of interest here.

I anticipate that the targa will utilise the same front roof panel as the cabrio and that the rear glass window will use the same mechanism as the cabrio's rear clam that will allow it to lift upwards and swing back as the first part of the opening sequence.

The roof panel will then start it's retracting cycle. If you look at the test mules you'll note that the top corners of each side of the roll bar have shut lines. This suggests they are opening panels in much the same way that the 981 Boxster had hinged panels to hide the roof mechanism when the top is down. As these panel open they will allow the "targa" panel support arms to start telescoping upwards to lift the roof panel clear of the roll bar (A). As they do this the main support arms start to cycle back through 45 degrees and the inner telescopic section continues to extend (B) to allow the roof panel to glide backwards through a 45 degree arc but remain in the same upright position thanks to pivot hinges at the end of the support arms. The roof panel will stow in the same place as it does on the cabrio and the glass rear window then closes back into place. Presumably the leading edge and side lower edges of the glass window will have trim panels that hide the openings for the pivoting arm mechanism when the rear window is in the closed position.

Mechanism 4.JPG

I still liked my 997,2 targa 4s 

Truth is I liked it for

1 it drove just fine for me 

2 It had  an open airy feeling , yes this matters to me although the new glass sunroof 991 does not ring my bells

3 I have finished all my speeding points , my insurance is more manageable, the Police speed guns still look out for me but  and I have done all the racing I want

4 It gave me the convenience of a extra space with the rear hatch , trust me once you get used to it its like parking sensors --- I suppose we can all learn to live without it but if I I am spending X amount I like a few things, and all I can thank PORSCHE is for making so many models to suit all personalities 

5 The ratlles --they are not that bothersome

6 Man these porsche people at like to make one wait ( I know its all business and anticipation )  , they did the same with the carerra 4s , and then just as one was to purchase they come out with the GTS and then just as purchasing they come out with the 997 carerra 4 gts ..go figure , Renn  Team saved me a lot of money on that move so thanks

& finally 

Fingers crossed they Porsche make the right decisions 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688516 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408689 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234773 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65388 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857566 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773352 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM