Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 spyshots thread (continued) (for UNRELEASED models only) Thread Closed

what is the second button on the right side up? looks different than anything seen soo far...  some kind of rear axle shape??

BjoernB:

+1 - I was hoping the GT3 gets somehow a different interior as well - something that distinguish the most sporty version from a base - but I am sure they will bring a GT3wheel with different paddles than those. I kind of smile everytime I see a 997Mk2 because it looks now somehow much smaller to me - like a 993turbo - very desirable.

If the shiny bits in the interior (alu or silver painted plastic) are substituted with black or carbon the ambiance will be more sporty IMO.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    BjoernB:

+1 - I was hoping the GT3 gets somehow a different interior as well - something that distinguish the most sporty version from a base - but I am sure they will bring a GT3wheel with different paddles than those. I kind of smile everytime I see a 997Mk2 because it looks now somehow much smaller to me - like a 993turbo - very desirable.

If the shiny bits in the interior (alu or silver painted plastic) are substituted with black or carbon the ambiance will be more sporty IMO.

And if they were made out alu right from the start, nobody would complain. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Pic of Targa distorts the length and height of the real car, just as most Porsche model pics do. Real car will be more integrated. I recently studied a nice 991 Cab in a parking lot, and thought for quite a while it was a 997. Still very distinctly a 911 shape. And of course the increased wheel base and overhang have undeniable handling benefits.

The real question to me is would I buy a Targa rather than a Cab. Targa certainly has benefits--safety on rollovers, body rigidity, and a more polished appearance with the top up (off). But a Cab has that "open air" feeling. I would have to drive both models to compare, as well as check resale values.

And Targa is probably more of a niche model. Good and bad depending on one's view. But Porsche knows its niche segments well, and will no doubt reach itts sales projections.

....notice the 918 in the 3rd picture of the GT3

Gnil:

That interior does not suit a GT3 surprise . I know they can't make a new one and have to use the ' panamerish' inside from the base Carrera .  But I do hope they put a different PDK gear level, this one still looks like the old tiptronic enlightened

+1 

I am having trouble with this interior too. Some carbon and alcantara might sort it out in the final product, but it does come across as too elegant.

Anyway, what really matters it how it drives and how it feels to drive Smiley

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S in Carrara White with black leather interior. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

Audi S5 cabrio in Ibis White with black leather interior.

bluelines:
    Gnil:

That interior does not suit a GT3 surprise . I know they can't make a new one and have to use the ' panamerish' inside from the base Carrera .  But I do hope they put a different PDK gear level, this one still looks like the old tiptronic enlightened

+1 

I am having trouble with this interior too. Some carbon and alcantara might sort it out in the final product, but it does come across as too elegant.

You can carbon- fiber it up to your dreams- just check the $$$ options boxes

Smiley

MKW:
    bluelines:
    Gnil:

+1 

You can carbon- fiber it up to your dreams- just check the $$$ options boxes

Smiley

True Smiley

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S in Carrara White with black leather interior. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

Porsche 991 GT3 vs 918 Spyder vs 991 Turbo vs 991 Turbo Cabrio vs 981 Cayman...

Porsche 991 GT3 vs 918 Spyder -- Video Link 1

Porsche 991 Turbo vs 991 Turbo Cabrio -- Video Link 2

Porsche 991 Turbo Cabrio vs 981 Cayman -- Video Link 3

Smiley SmileySmiley

Turbo will get aerodynamic-style rear mirrors a la Carrera GT. Nice.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

This is just amazing forage. Do you have more pictures or movies of the targa ? Thanks 

--

997 C2 Macadamia PSE 1st gen

997 Targa 4 Macadamia  PSE sport+ pdk 2nd gen

rhino:

Wowangel nice work Wildspeed!

There is only one problem: The 991 Turbo won't look that way. Smiley One of the strong points of the 911 Turbo was always it's somehow "stealth look". The 991 Turbo in the photoshop images looks too aggressive. It is however quite close to the final product.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Yes, I would expect the rear bumper and the intercooler vents to be more stealth.

2013 Porsche 991 GT3 mules track testing at Nurburgring...

2013-Porsche-991-GT3_Spyshot-nl-01.jpg

2013-Porsche-991-GT3_Spyshot-nl-02.jpg

2013-Porsche-991-GT3_Spyshot-nl-03.jpg

2013-Porsche-991-GT3_Spyshot-nl-04.jpg

2013-Porsche-991-GT3_Spyshot-nl-05.jpg

2013-Porsche-991-GT3_Spyshot-nl-06.jpg

2013-Porsche-991-GT3_Spyshot-nl-07.jpg

2013-Porsche-991-GT3_Spyshot-nl-08.jpg

2013-Porsche-991-GT3_Spyshot-nl-09.jpg

2013-Porsche-991-GT3_Spyshot-nl-10.jpg

2013 Porsche 991 GT3 mules track testing at Nurburgring -- Autogespot Link

Smiley SmileySmiley

Do you have more picture of the turbo ? Thanks 

And the targa ? cheeeers

--

997 C2 Macadamia PSE 1st gen

997 Targa 4 Macadamia  PSE sport+ pdk 2nd gen

These pictures make me wonder: will there be a GT3 without a fixed wing and an RS version with a fixed wing or so?
    (Or a GT3 and a GT3s, to stick with the "normal" naming convention from the base carrera models)

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

I am a strong believer in the aero kit of my 997, but whatever this design language of the potential new GT3 is all about - the rear spoiler is kind of difficult to look at...maybe aerodynamics are alright, but to me the sport design package would be my preferred choice for a GT3.

Joost:

These pictures make me wonder: will there be a GT3 without a fixed wing and an RS version with a fixed wing or so?
    (Or a GT3 and a GT3s, to stick with the "normal" naming convention from the base carrera models)

Would love a "stealth" GT3 in the classic shape with no wing. If it also offers rear seats I am in Smiley

--

bluelines:
    Joost:

Would love a "stealth" GT3 in the classic shape with no wing. If it also offers rear seats I am in Smiley

It's called a GTS... (OK, I'm pushing it  but...)

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

Budster:
    bluelines:
    Joost:

True, almost. Engine and suspension needs to change to GT3 items, then the GTS is perfect for me. Not that the S engine with power kit is bad in anyway, but it does not have the lovely character of GT3 engine. It is close, but not quite there. The suspension is more important though, the GT3 has a sharpness and directness which leaves the S/GTS feeling pretty numb in comparison (even with SPASM -20mm option).

--

Budster:
    bluelines:
    Joost:

...maybe we will see a "2013 Porsche 991 R" unveiled to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the 1963 Porsche 911...

The 911 was premiered at the IAA in Frankfurt in 1963 as the Porsche 901. But a French car company claimed copyright over the use of all model numbers with zero in the middle. Porsche therefore renamed the 901 the 911 – that three figure number which still raises the heartbeat of every sports car fan.

Porsche had been working on the shape of the bodywork for the 911 as early as the fifties, in the days when the 356 was still the marque’s crowd puller. The prototype mutated over time to a four-seater but was not approved by Ferry Porsche. The final shape was the work of Porsche’s son Ferdinand Alexander.

It was decided from the start that the successor to the 356 should also have a rear engine. The choice fell to the six-cylinder Boxer engine with axial fan and – due to the greater speed reserves – an upper camshaft on each side. The camshaft was driven via chains after vertical shafts and toothed belts were disregarded. The 356 frame and chassis were replaced by new designs. The result was a car about which Ferry Porsche later said: ”The 911 stamped the unmistakable character of the Porsche sports car”.

Technical Specifications: 1963 Porsche 911

Engine: six-cylinder Boxer, air-cooled, one upper camshaft each side
    Power: 130 HP (96 kW) at 6,100/min
    Displacement: 1991 ccm
    Fuel system: two Solex downdraft carburettors, tank capacity 62 litres
    Transmission: five speed gearbox
    Chassis: self-supporting bodywork with front independent suspension on transverse links and damper struts, longitudinal torsion bars, rear independent suspension on lateral links and transverse torsion bars
    Wheel base: 2,211 mm
    Length: 4,163 mm
    Width: 1,610 mm 
    Height: 1,320 mm 
    Weight: 1,080 kg
    Performance: 210 km/h

...after all, the 50th Anniversary 911 will have to be a real "halo" model for the 991 range! Smiley

Smiley SmileySmiley

"Not that the S engine with power kit is bad in anyway, but it does not have the lovely character of GT3 engine."

Forget about it.  It will be like the GTS without a backseat and better suspension (maybe).  The Metzger engine is dead.  The Gt3 will have to use a version of the S motor - maybe higher RPM and sound but the SWEET engine you dream of is long gone - you need to get a 997 GT3 for that.  End of an era, too bad.

Leawood911:

"Not that the S engine with power kit is bad in anyway, but it does not have the lovely character of GT3 engine."

Forget about it.  It will be like the GTS without a backseat and better suspension (maybe).  The Metzger engine is dead.  The Gt3 will have to use a version of the S motor - maybe higher RPM and sound but the SWEET engine you dream of is long gone - you need to get a 997 GT3 for that.  End of an era, too bad.

The GT3 is built by Weissach. It will not be a tuned S with a wing from the parts bin. Look at the last road legal cars that came out of Weissach: GT2 RS and GT3 RS 4.0. Add to this that the new 991 GT3 will serve a homologation platform for Porsche's motorsport activities.

I am sure a high revving 9A1 engine with titanium rods, aggressive cams, etc. will have a lovely character Smiley Since none of us has driven it yet we cannot say that it is better or worse than the Metzger engine.

Every generation is the end of an era... and the beginning of a new era Smiley

--

bluelines:

The GT3 is built by Weissach. It will not be a tuned S with a wing from the parts bin. Look at the last road legal cars that came out of Weissach: GT2 RS and GT3 RS 4.0. 

I don't now how this little myth started, but I recently read it somewhere else as well, so someone appears to be spreading it around. 
    The GT2 and GT3 models were built on the same assembly lines as all the other 911 variants in Zuffenhausen. 
    The GT models just differ from the other 911 models in as much as the GT models were developed by the Motor Sport department in one part of the Weissach R&D facility, whilst the other 911 variants were developed by other teams also in Weissach.  

--

fritz

fritz:
    bluelines:

The GT3 is built by Weissach. It will not be a tuned S with a wing from the parts bin. Look at the last road legal cars that came out of Weissach: GT2 RS and GT3 RS 4.0. 

I don't now how this little myth started, but I recently read it somewhere else as well, so someone appears to be spreading it around. 
    The GT2 and GT3 models were built on the same assembly lines as all the other 911 variants in Zuffenhausen. 
    The GT models just differ from the other 911 models in as much as the GT models were developed by the Motor Sport department in one part of the Weissach R&D facility, whilst the other 911 variants were developed by other teams also in Weissach.  

That is correct. All road cars are built at Zuffenhausen etc. The only cars built in Weissach are the GT3R, RSR and maybe the Cup cars but I'm not even sure about the latter.

The 918 won't be built in Weissach either. Weissach is the R&D center.

Weissach - Race cars (GT3 versions, future LMP1 car)

Zuffenhausen - 911, Boxster, Cayman.

Leipzig - Cayenne, Panamera.

Outsource - Boxster (VW factory)

--

sportcars-history.com

Talk again of the mid-engined "960" model .

http://www.handelsblatt.com/unternehmen/industrie/handelsblatt-interview-porsche-plant-modelloffensive/7254082.html

Apologies for the vague meaning of built by. With this I meant developed by, not assembled by. Obviously the assembly is quite irrelevant for the features of the car.

--

Again - it will be a version of the S motor - i.e. 9A1.  It may be a better engine, newer generation all that - but the GT3 of old is dead.  That WAS a sweet motor and it is gone.  No way the 9A1 will have the same character.  Thought it may be more powerful.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689929 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409425 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255836 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235069 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65578 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858176 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774288 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM