Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Bye Bye M3, Welcome 458 İtalia

Congrats Onur!Smiley Nice 458! Enjoy it in good heath.

RC:
    pride355:

When I checked the pictures again, I see the half of the pictures on my screen. Is there anything wrong with my screen setup?

No issues here...I see the full photos. Smiley

I think it's only a problem of Firefox, isn't it? Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    RC:
    pride355:

When I checked the pictures again, I see the half of the pictures on my screen. Is there anything wrong with my screen setup?

No issues here...I see the full photos. Smiley

Not really. I am using Chrome and I have the same problem. Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Firefox and iPad. It happens often.

You have to save the pictures in order to see the whole of them.

--

"Form follows function"

Congratulations! Enjoy in good health and safely !

Congratulations! Very nice color combo!

--

sportcars-history.com

Absolutely fantastic!  Congratulations and enjoy.  Smiley

As an aside, it's truly refreshing to see pictures of an actual sports car on Rennteam for a change - makes a nice change from all the SUVs, station wagons and cellphones.  Smiley

ISUK:

Congrats Onur,

It looks great kiss You're going to have fun driving it for sure. I look forward to reading your impressions once you have taken delivery.

Iain, 

You helped me a lot and put so much effort while choosing the specs of my car. I thank you again wink

--

ONUR

WAITING FOR THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Fantastic upgrade kiss Congratulations, you must be so excited to get it !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Congrats on purchasing this wonderful and exciting machine! You've picked such a classy color combo, it's absolutely stunning in this spec. Well done and enjoy the track events. But I bet you have wonderful roads around your next of the woods anyways. Looking forward to more pictures!

Gorgeous Onur!! If the motoring press is anything to go by, you'll have an absolute blast behind the wheel..

pride355:

Not really. I am using Chrome and I have the same problem. Smiley

In Firefox you can see the whole photo if you right click on it and choose "view image"

Then you can return to the thread by using your 'back button'....

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Looks fantastic, enjoy it in good health! wink

Smiley Perfect

Congratulations Onur!

I love the color combo - turned out very good. The grey makes it a daily driver car, not too aggressive, not too flashy but a color which will look great in any condition - well chosen.

The interior is just stunning. I love it - I probably would stay in there the first three evenings sitting and reading magazines instead of being in the living room ;)

Enjoy and drive safely!!!

That is a stunning configuration. One can see how much thought you put into the proper specs on your car. Enjoy it as much as you can!

kiss

Great looking car. You will enjoy it more the first time you drive it. With my first Ferrari, I had a smile on my face for over a week. When it comes to pure driving enjoyment, a Ferrari is difficult to beat.

--

Thank you all for your kind wishes and comments. The car had been picked-up and hopefully it will be at the custom by Thursday. I will take it from the custom on next Wednesday if everything goes as planned.

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

reginos:

Firefox and iPad. It happens often.

You have to save the pictures in order to see the whole of them.

Same here on iPad

Onur - what a magnificent car! The wait must be agony! Congratulations!

--

Accountants are like fire and water, good servants but bad masters.

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

Congratulations Onur!!!! Fantastic car and what a gentleman's spec!

Mike S:

Congratulations Onur!!!! Fantastic car and what a gentleman's spec!

Thank you for all the kind words and wishes. Smiley

Finally, my baby is @home. Safe and secure Smiley It has been 5 months since I put my order. The wait is well worth it.

I'll report back once I start feeling the car. So far, the color combination is much better than how they look from pictures. The car is very comfortable to drive even in heavy traffic. Doesn't roll back, doesn't heat up. You just seat very low. The controls on the steering wheel need some getting use to; but they don't bother me. I'm very happy with my option choices so far. 

I wish you all a very happy weekend. Smiley

--

ONUR

Glad to hear that. Five months wasn't really that long, I waited more than 6 months for my Panamera. mail

How do people in your country react to the car? Just curious.

More photos please... 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:

Glad to hear that. Five months wasn't really that long, I waited more than 6 months for my Panamera. mail

How do people in your country react to the car? Just curious.

More photos please... 

In heavy traffic, I choose "wet" or "sport" setting of manettino which closes the exhaust valve; so with the help of stealth color, I wasn't noticed much.

On the other hand, Ferrari is the most selling exotic car in Istanbul. In wealthy areas, it is not a problem. But you have to be careful where you take it. I drove it at midnight last night and didn't go places with traffic. A red 360 Modena with a tubi exhaust attracts more attention than my car  Smiley

--

ONUR

I can't wait to see more pics. Come on Onur give us a little eye candy smiley

You are a man of great taste, what a wonderful color combination and interior configuration you chooseSmiley That is the most beautiful 458 I have ever seen to date, outstanding  car, congrats congrats congrats Smiley and please post more pics i can´t seem to get enought of it Smiley

J.Seven

Stunning car, congratulations Onur SmileySmiley

Little update on the Car:

I'have been away for the last 10 days because of a national holiday. So while in NYC for the Holiday, I couldn't drive my 458. Therefore, I have done only 500 km so far. In the mean time, I have wrapped the front bumper, hood and the side sill with clear bra to protect them from stone chips.

The first thing has to be mentioned, and it is 60% of the driving experience,IMO, is the ENGINE NOISE of the Car. It is marvelous. kiss I have heard from multiple sources that MY13 Cars have louder exhaust system. I can't verify this since I haven't driven any other 458, but my Car makes incredible noises. The best part is you have different tones/noises/sounds at different rpm. In "Race" mode, the exhaust valves are open @2800 rpm and exhaust barks loud. After 4000 rpm, you start to hear an F1-like engine whine and it climbs up to 9000 rpm. If you lift off the throttle on the midrange, the exhaust burbles. If you are downshifting while braking, you hear fair amount of throttle blips at each downshift. If you pull and hold down the left "down" paddle while braking hard, then you hear more crisp and sudden, gun-like, downshift noises. This is where you start thinking the Car has soul. This makes the Ferrari unique.

Second best thing is the double clutch transmission. It feels faster, more direct and more mechanical than my M3's DKG; especially on downshifts and half throttle upshifts. Pull and hold "down" paddle function is very cool and useful. It downshifts at the highest possible rpm on each downshift as long as you hold down the left paddle. I opted for "Carbon fibre Driving zone" especially for the carbon paddles and they felt great to touch, great to play with. LEDs are very useful on the steering wheel, since you can't clearly see the rev counter on spirited driving. I don't baby the car since Ferrari Service told me that all the engines come with the brake-in. So I just wait during the first 10-15 minutes of my ride to let the engine warm up and then gun for it. I don't drive it as I steal it, of course, but most of the time I'm in 5000-7000 rpm range if the road permits. Hit 9000 rpm couple of times. Still don't push it too much.

The steering wheel is very direct. Actually, I really like the short turn-to-turn lock ratio which is roughly 2 circles. E92 M3 also has short turn-to-turn luck (something like 2 circles and 1/4). So you feel very nimble and direct while driving it.

My biggest concern about the car was the ride quality, because of my unpleasant experience with my ex-997.1. But with "bumpy road" suspension mode, 458 is still very comfortable even in "race" mode UNLIKE my ex-997.1 sports chassie Carrera S. There is virtually no body-roll and the car goes where you steer it. You can easily feel what the car is doing under you. 

to be continued..

--

ONUR

Well, when I came Home last night, there was a visitor on my Car.

This weekend, we are planning a professional photo shoot. So stay tuned indecision

--

ONUR

So about rest of review:

One other thing that amazes me about 458 is how it puts down that power. E-Diff and F1-Trac help a lot as much as the mid-engine lay out. Especially in "Race" mode, electronics help a lot to put that power on and you don't even notice the intervene. My M3 had more difficult time to put down its 450 hp (after the exhaust and software update) than my 570-hp 458. I had much more wheel spin with the M3.

One thing I must get used to is the vehicle dynamics. I have been driving an M3 since 1999. I only had an Audi TTS and 997.1 Carrera S just for one year each. So my driving skills advanced with powerful Front engine-Rear wheel drive cars. When I compare the 458 with M3, M3 felt more solid on normal driving conditions. I sit on the nose of 458 and feel less weight while driving. It feels more fragile and less connected than E92 M3. M3 felt rock solid and one piece. I could feel the weight of the car under my pants. The controls of the car was heavier so was the weight transfer. On the other hand, 458 feels soft and light. It is really hard to explain. My 997.1 Carrera S was Rear-engined but it also felt different.

The difference between the M3 and 458 comes once you start taking corners. The steering is very direct. You just turn-in and the car follows. Once you in the middle of the corner you can put as much power as you wish. 458 feels nimble and light. It oversteers but doesn't drifts like a holigan, as M3 did. You feel more relaxed. While driving the M3, you feel the whole mass of the car on your shoulders, which I guess gives you a more solid feeling. On 458, once you turn-in with the correct angle, everything else flows. This makes the 458 a much faster car without considering the extra power. The car just flies corner to corner. Some people may find M3 more rewarding because of its heavier act. But I guess 458 is more rewarding once you are on the edge of the capabilities of the car which are much higher than M3. I haven't pushed my 458 to this edge, though.

The car is fast, there is no doubt about it. What makes it special is the "aura" of the car. There are faster cars already, and there will always be. But the atmosphere and the feel of the car is so special which makes it unique.

--

ONUR

Great report ! Thanks for going into so much detail about how the car performs on normal conditions, which is something you don't always hear about. Magazines and reviews focus too much on numbers and stats but the reality is that most of the time these cars are being driven in normal roads where their capabilities are limited. It's interesting to read about how a 458 feels more "fragile" then an M3 on the road, I guess you mean that because the M3 is more complacent to things like road conditions, bumps, holes, and all other things that happen in the real word, vs the 458 which demands more refined surroundings in order to feel at home. I suspect that worrying about hitting the front spoiler on a ditch or the bottom of the car on a speed bump is part of what you call fragile. 

Its so great to know that you are enjoying the car so much. And of course you cannot post such a great review without more pictures! You're killing us here!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688883 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408862 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255605 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234846 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65442 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857703 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773631 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM