Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F40

I've finally had time to drive one of the latest addition to my cars, the fantastic, fabulous, scary fast, gorgeous F40!

This car is seriously fast with a capital F! I mean what can I say, this is it guys, it is 25 years old and yet, for guys like us, pertrolheads, represents the pinnacle of the sports car. Under 1200 kgs, twin turbo V8, a noise to die for (with TUBI), a proper sports car for proper drivers: No ABS, No traction control, no assisted steeting, no radio. 

Just your right foot and your balls, and I love it, I adore it. 

It's intimidating the first few km, but then you get the hang of it, respect it and it will reward like few other cars.

You're not gonna believe it but the closest of my cars resemble the 40 is my 935!!! Yes, a race car! Amazing.

Compared to my GTO, it's much harder to drive, the GTO is almost a GT compared to the 40, they share the same block but that's it really, the GTO much much easier to drive.

IMG-20120810-00169.jpg

Re: F40

Unbelievable Futch, fantastic addition to the stable!

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Next 959?))

--

sportcars-history.com

This is phantastic SmileySmileySmiley Now it is impossible to further improve your collection Smiley

Congratulations  - another fantastic addition to the stable!

Congratulations fantastic addition !

Great addition.

I took a ride years ago in the F40 with a very good driver and yet was shitting in my pants. The car is unbelievably fast but also squirrelly.  I NEVER had the impression my driver had full control of the car. It takes time to fully understand the car driving characteristics.

--

Incredible addition, this really rounds up your stable as probably one the finest personal collections I know of. Quality over quantity, you have some impressive pieces there.  

Congratulations wink

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

One of my  favorite car ...... and I am not  much of an F fan . It is gorgeous !!!

I was once at Le Castellet for track driving and one of the guy in my group had one. The car did not like the short driving in the sections ...... and the heat was so high inside the car...... but , hey, that' s all what this car is about. Faw and with a perfect look kiss

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Thank you guys.

959, fabulous car which definitely marked P history and yet, and yet... I am not 100% convinced. 

The problem with the 959 I think is that it was so complicated when it came out in the late 80s and today, that technology is obsolete, hence the incredibly high running costs associated. Something I actually fear for the 918, time will tell. 

I actually had my eyes on a 959 but I bought another Porsche instead, clearly more for the connoisseur but an amazing Porsche nonetheless that also marked history IMHO although to a lesser extend. 

I haven't driven it yet so pics and report very soon I hope. A little hint, it is 1 of 20 worldwide.

Futch:

Thank you guys.

959, fabulous car which definitely marked P history and yet, and yet... I am not 100% convinced. 

The problem with the 959 I think is that it was so complicated when it came out in the late 80s and today, that technology is obsolete, hence the incredibly high running costs associated. Something I actually fear for the 918, time will tell. 

I actually had my eyes on a 959 but I bought another Porsche instead, clearly more for the connoisseur but an amazing Porsche nonetheless that also marked history IMHO although to a lesser extend. 

I haven't driven it yet so pics and report very soon I hope. A little hint, it is 1 of 20 worldwide.

How about that!  You've really bought a GT1!  

--

fritz

Enmanuel:

Incredible addition, this really rounds up your stable as probably one the finest personal collections I know of. Quality over quantity, you have some impressive pieces there.  

Thank you very much indeed. The car is a beast, really.

As for as the collection is concerned, I am done with new GT cars that lose 30% of their value as soon as you turn the ignition on. The days of the 18 months long wait list for a new Ferrari are over, unless one really desires a new car, which is fine, there are so many second hand great deal out there. 

Off topic but my Turbo S is only 2 years old with 20000 km. My family is getting bigger so I might get a Panamera or an RS6 dunno yet. Anyhow some great deals on both these cars second hand, but the resale value of my Turbo makes me wanna cry...

I sold my 599 just in time. Now it would be worth 100k euros and I bought it for 280k, ouch!!!

On the other hand, one doesn't have to spend GTO or F40 money to enjoy a fabulous sports car that appreciate or at least doesn't depreciate. RS 4.0, 928 GTS, some 993, etc etc etc.

fritz:
    Futch:

Thank you guys.

No I'm afraid not, I would love too though!!!Smiley Probably a race version over the road one. 

I bought that! I haven't driven it yet but it looks awesome doesn't it!!!

993 GT Clubsport. Homologation special for the BPR GT1 championship in the late 90s. That little beetle churns out 470 hp for 1300 kgs and is the only in the world in blood orange. 

Image 5.jpg

Futch:
    fritz:
    Futch:

Thank you guys.

No I'm afraid not, I would love too though!!!Smiley Probably a race version over the road one. 

993 GT Clubsport. Homologation special for the BPR GT1 championship in the late 90s. That little beetle churns out 470 hp for 1300 kgs and is the only in the world in blood orange. 

Image 5.jpg

How about that. I've got the "civilian" 4WD version of that car in that same colour. It only has 60% of the hp yours has, so I think you are really in for some fun with it. Smiley

--

fritz

I've always loved the 993. The 4S and S are gorgeous cars! And the rs is today a good investment albeit expensive. 

I had never seen blood orange before and it looks awesome, congrats, great choice!

That car is sooooo compact it's amazing. Modern cars are too big nowadays. 

Futch:

I've always loved the 993. The 4S and S are gorgeous cars! And the rs is today a good investment albeit expensive. 

I had never seen blood orange before and it looks awesome, congrats, great choice!

That car is sooooo compact it's amazing. Modern cars are too big nowadays. 

Blood orange? Smiley  I thought it was just a little dusty in that photograph. Smiley  Mine is guards red! Smiley

--

fritz

Futch:
    fritz:
    Futch:

Thank you guys.

Image 5.jpg

Smiley That is great!

Futch, which racing version of gt1? 993, 996 or gt1 98?

--

sportcars-history.com

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-content/uploads/1997-Porsche-911-GT1-Evolution.jpg

this one has just been sold and look fine to me! The problem is which race to enter it to? It's not a group C and too recent to be a classic. At the moment just an expensive investment but maybe a smart one. 

Nice 40! Enjoy! 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Futch:

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-content/uploads/1997-Porsche-911-GT1-Evolution.jpg

this one has just been sold and look fine to me! The problem is which race to enter it to? It's not a group C and too recent to be a classic. At the moment just an expensive investment but maybe a smart one. 

?

--

sportcars-history.com

The F40 is just gorgeous.

Many congrats Futch!

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Beautiful cars! kiss Congrats! wink

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S in Carrara White with black leather interior. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

Audi S5 cabrio in Ibis White with black leather interior.

Congratulations Futch, beautiful F40Smiley!

Thanks for the write up.

Holy cow! I spontaneously recall lots of expletive words seeing your latests acquisitions. All of your automotive choices is made for the enthusiast, a collection of such fine cars is hard to beat.

Smiley

Futch:

Do you feel the need to participate in racing with it? Guess driving it on track is already entertaining enough. At least it would be for me... Smiley

Futch:

Compared to my GTO, it's much harder to drive, the GTO is almost a GT compared to the 40, they share the same block but that's it really, the GTO much much easier to drive.

I don't think anything can be hard for you to drive after your epic night race in the rain at Spa.

Enjoy Smiley You are a hero.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    Futch:

I don't think anything can be hard for you to drive after your epic night race in the rain at Spa.

Enjoy Smiley You are a hero.

Actually the 458 GT3 is a much easier car to drive than the F40. The race of course is hard but the car is very easy, it has ABS, adjustable TC, etc. 
    I'm not saying I drive it well, to drive it like a pro requires very good skill, but it's less intimidating than the F40.

Ferdie:
    Futch:

Do you feel the need to participate in racing with it? Guess driving it on track is already entertaining enough. At least it would be for me... Smiley

I'd do a few track session to learn how to drive first but then yes of course, I would race it. Cars are meant to be driven, and race cars are meant to be raced!Smiley

great cars ! enjoy !

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688601 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408718 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255524 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234792 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65396 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857586 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773395 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM