Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Cheapest right drive country to buy RH 991 s cab and turbo cayenne

Dearest RH  denizens,

As part of investor residency in New Zealand, we can import 2 cars.  Porsche and Ferrari are shockingly $$$$$$ although not as bad as Australia. While USA is no longer a free country, economic freedom, I.e. cheap sports cars is still a plus.

Is UK the cheapest RH market?  All advice appreciated!

Re: Cheapest right drive country to buy RH 991 s cab and turbo cayenne

Germany? I'm not sure but in the past, German dealers were able to order RH cars too and the rebates over here are certainly higher than in the UK.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

UK list prices are lower than the EU, since the £ lost about 20% of its value against the Euro. As you're exporting, you don't pay the 20% VAT.

Plus you can get discounts too.

Ordering in Germany will likely be German pre tax prices plus RHD surcharge ..

check out the UK and German configurators, and you will see that the UK is the cheapest EU market for Porsches.

sfo - what level of discount are you aware of? (I've seen inflated part-ex allowance, but not yet cash discount off 991)

--

C2S - Basalt/Black XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar .. please PM me. For some reason, PM does not work for me.

sfo:

UK list prices are lower than the EU, since the £ lost about 20% of its value against the Euro. As you're exporting, you don't pay the 20% VAT.

check out the UK and German configurators, and you will see that the UK is the cheapest EU market for Porsches.

Not quite true, I'm afraid. Base price of the 991 Carrera S in Germany (incl. 19% VAT) is 102436 EUR. In the UK (incl. 20% VAT), the base price is almost 1000 EUR higher. Even if you get one percent VAT more back (19% vs. 20%), the dealer rebates are higher in Germany.

For export, one can deduct the 19% VAT from Germany too and the usual rebate for a 991 is in the 6-12% range (depending on options, availability, etc.), if you find the right dealer.

I do not know if there is a higher price for the RHD model if you order at a German dealer but a couple of years ago, the only issue at hand was the delivery time, nothing else.

Btw: Some Porsche models, like the Panamera Turbo S for example, are slightly cheaper in the UK (by 5000 EUR or so).

Also car sales in Germany have slowed down and they are going to slow down further in autumn and winter. This is the time to get the best deals over here.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    sfo:

Not quite true, I'm afraid. Base price of the 991 Carrera S in Germany (incl. 19% VAT) is 102436 EUR. In the UK (incl. 20% VAT), the base price is almost 1000 EUR higher. Even if you get one percent VAT more back (19% vs. 20%), the dealer rebates are higher in Germany.

For export, one can deduct the 19% VAT from Germany too and the usual rebate for a 991 is in the 6-12% range (depending on options, availability, etc.), if you find the right dealer.

I do not know if there is a higher price for the RHD model if you order at a German dealer but a couple of years ago, the only issue at hand was the delivery time, nothing else.

Btw: Some Porsche models, like the Panamera Turbo S for example, are slightly cheaper in the UK (by 5000 EUR or so).

Also car sales in Germany have slowed down and they are going to slow down further in autumn and winter. This is the time to get the best deals over here. 

In the past, the standard base spec in the UK included some items which were optional extras in Germany, so you need to compare spec-for-spec directly to really know where you'll get the lower list prices. Price variations in the EU nowadays are down mostly to currency exchange rate shifts, as mentioned above by sfo, I think. 

--

fritz

UK spec for C2S includes as standard:

1. full leather interior

2. PCM

3. VTS (tracking)

4. Top tinted windscreen

sfo:

1. full leather interior

2. PCM

3. VTS (tracking)

4. Top tinted windscreen

Sorry, I didn't know that.

Still...considering the dealer rebate you get in Germany...it depends.

--

UK price also includes an optional 3rd year warranty and Porsche Assist at £1189

There was a Rennteamer called Popolou who mentioned how cheap it was to buy RHD cars in Cyprus. Worth looking into ...

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Thanks for input so far.  I pm,d popolu also

sfo:

UK price also includes an optional 3rd year warranty and Porsche Assist at £1189

The question is if this warranty would be valid in New Zealand. Smiley

--

RC:
    sfo:

Won't be valid in NZ, hence you delete option and save £1189.

sfo:
    RC:
    sfo:

Can you delete it? You can't delete PCM or full leather. Smiley

--

RC:

Can you delete it? You can't delete PCM or full leather. Smiley

you can, because it is an insurance product, and they cannot be compulsory.

this is exactly what I did on my new 981S.

I followed the configurations in uk and frg and subtracted vat, and the car I bought here for $127 us is 123 us in frg and 121 us in uk, not adjusting for third yyear warranty

Positive surprise, thanks again

have not priced Cyprus yet.  Shipping from uk is pretty cheap

sfo:
    RC:
    sfo:

Porsche warranty is global.  Just take any car into any dealer and they will do the work on it.  The tenure of your warranty does differ by country, so it's your home country's warranty tenure that you car is covered for.  Porsche assist is not transferable (you just retain its use in the home Country).  For extended warranty (i.e. when you 2 or 3 year is up), you can do that at any official dealership (anywhere).  Just pay $!

Coming into NZ (permanently) there are certain requirements that the cars have to comply with, and these have been aligned with Australian Spec requirements too.  You need to obtain from the importer here or from Porsche a letter stating your car complies.  They can not (legally) refuse to supply you with that letter.  The letter costs about NZD2k for Porsche and 10k for Ferrari (both historic numbers so please check).  

--

3rd year UK warranty is an insurance product, not a manufacturer warranty, and will not be valid in NZ.

@watt: PM me if you want details of a helpful UK dealer.

RC:
    sfo:

1. full leather interior

2. PCM

3. VTS (tracking)

4. Top tinted windscreen

Sorry, I didn't know that.

Still...considering the dealer rebate you get in Germany...it depends.

I don't think full leather interior is standard in the UK... at least, it wasn't on a 997?

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Full leather is standard in the UK for the 991 John and it was on the 997 as well. It was only the 997.2 GTS models that didn't get full leather as standard.

Thanks Iain... I was thinking of my own car which, being a GTS, fits your explanation...wink

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

sfo:

3rd year UK warranty is an insurance product, not a manufacturer warranty, and will not be valid in NZ.

@watt: PM me if you want details of a helpful UK dealer.

I see ... yes it would help if I read the topic correctly.  

My prior remarks were regarding factory warranty and not this 3rd Yr UK warranty (the latter being the topic).  I can't edit that prior comment.  sori  

--

watt:

I followed the configurations in uk and frg and subtracted vat, and the car I bought here for $127 us is 123 us in frg and 121 us in uk, not adjusting for third yyear warranty

Positive surprise, thanks again

have not priced Cyprus yet.  Shipping from uk is pretty cheap

What about rebate? Smiley Current rebate is 7-8%, maybe even more if you do it right(or the dealer urgently needs a sale). Not sure about shipping cost though.

--

Traditionally, Porsche have never discounted in ther UK - but they do offer flexibility on any part exchange. Not sure if this is changing given 991 sluggish sales though....

--

C2S - Basalt/Black XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

read these and be glad youre not there

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/CategoryAttributeSearchResults.aspx?sort_order=price_desc&search=1&cid=268&sidebar=1...

OK, over 220k USD (I already did the conversion) for a used 991 Carrera S? Ouch. enlightened

I would definitely buy my car somewhere else.

What about Hong Kong, Singapur or Australia prices?

--

RC:

they too buy from the UK ..

RC:

OK, over 220k USD (I already did the conversion) for a used 991 Carrera S? Ouch. enlightened

I would definitely buy my car somewhere else.

Ours certainly aren't cheap here in SA, but I think Australia must be the most expensive place to buy a Porsche on the planet...

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

Check the second hand market in UK. Its amazing how the cars value drop over there. You clearly can see that they have a small market to sell the used cars to. In Germany the used cars are much more expensive as you basically can sell to the full EU. So - check the UK second hand market and you will be amazed!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761552 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434868 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260233 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257369 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80856 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871698 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807010 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM