Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Ferrari 458 Spider runs over police

Ferrari 458 Spider runs over police and the driver gets his butt kicked.

--
    Porsche and other cars video collection

Re: Ferrari 458 Spider runs over police

Well, well... how do you call that? Repost!

1344195149922repost.jpg

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, IPD Plenum, GT3 Throttle Body, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE, Alpine Head Unit and Amplifier, Focal Speakers

Smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

surely you would just accept the parking ticket, instead of trying to drive through the cop! lol

Moser:

surely you would just accept the parking ticket, instead of trying to drive through the cop! lol

+1 Exactly. No need to be a snob.

The car itself makes you the number 1 public enemy in the eye of the public servants.

Just take the ticket; say "sorry" and go..

--

ONUR

WAITING FOR THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

I bet the driver is not American otherwise, he know that he should not screw the police. Quite sure that he will get jail time for a few months. 

What an idiot.

I got busted in upstate new york, in the town of north hudson, doin 115 miles an hour in my Audi S4 at the time, got busted by a state trooper, who was soooo angry at me, who took me stright to court.  When he pulled me over he was fuming!!! I tried to be smart with him, telling him i didn't know what that was as my car, (I was living in montreal at the time) only had speed in kilometers, lol lets just say he got even more angry.  Right away i knew not to mess around, I told him I was sorry, he is right I was speeding, what ever the ticket or procedure was i'm ready to deal with it, he calmed down greatly and I could finally have a decent conversation.  I still ended going to court and having to post $200 usd bail, but State Trooper Messing, spoke in front of judge on behalf,  and told him that I gave him no problems, and did as he said and asked him to go easy on me, to cut a long story short, what was supposed to be $1,000 usd ticket and a reckless driving charge, ended up being a maximum fine parking ticket of $100 USD, as at my court date, the Officer " was ill " and never showed up.  From that day on, no matter how much of an ass the officer is, he has the authority in the situation and pissing him off will only aggravate the situation.  Unless that guy in video has one hell of lawyer who might sue the cop for throwing that guy's ass on the floor! lol

Spock:

I bet the driver is not American otherwise, he know that he should not screw the police. Quite sure that he will get jail time for a few months. 

The guy is Julien Chabbott. A 28 years old App developer. His girlfriend is StephanIe Pratt from that stupid MTV show "The Hills".

koko:
    Spock:

The guy is Julien Chabbott. A 28 years old App developer. His girlfriend is StephanIe Pratt from that stupid MTV show "The Hills".

There's no app for that. Smiley

--

fritz

By visiting we're sponsoring a guy who continuously steals youtube videos, puts them on his site and makes endless posts here. RC - we need a rule for this.

What an asshole - he thought that the "encapsulation" principle would work for him since he was in the car and the cop was outside.  What a douchebag for not talking to the cop before getting into the car.  The cop is an idiot for trying to block the car with his body, but he did not fuck around at all - respect to the cop on how he handled it.

Now there is another angle - how they let people sit on the street/lay down on the street for an hour after they are handcuffed and before they are put into the cop car. Thay is inhumaine. Handcuff him and put him inside of the car, why treat him like a dog, even though this one deserved it.

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

fritz:
    koko:
    Spock:

There's no app for that. Smiley

Smiley I read that the cop sustained "injuries" to his foot and hand.. you can bet a lawsuit out of this one. I would too in the US, might as well get a couple of millions out of this loser internet guru. He certainly has weird concepts of how one should behave in society, but perhaps he's spent too many years behind a PC in a basement.

Well he got his 15 minutes of fame for sure. 

As pointed out sitting in front of a PC all day reduces your communication skills. All this guy had to do was communicate with the officer, apologise and take the ticket. He may even have got let off. But instead how body language and behaviour got the better of him. 

Hope his next app is a Parking space finder in NY. If he gets to do another one. 

Acquaintance Confirms The Ferrari Driver Stomped By Cops Is An Obnoxious Poser

If you watched Julien Chabbott, internet entrepreneur and boyfriend of Hills star Stephanie Pratt, get taken down for running his Ferrari over a cop's foot while trying to dodge a ticket, you probably thought, "I bet that guy is a thundering douchebag." According to our source, you would be completely correct.
    We spoke to Alex Roy, who met him through the NY party scene, and was able to confirm that he is the ignorant, snobby guy you expected.
    Alex Roy has a great deal of experience with the city's rich-people-and-expensive-cars scene, having run the Gumball Rally for years. He no longer participates in the rally, and people like Chabbott are the reason why.

This guy is the poster boy for why I don't go to Gumball anymore. Every word out of his mouth was like every conversation at every single Gumball party. And I used to love it. When Charles Morgan [the badass managing director of Morgan Motor Cars] went, that was something. When Charles Morgan was replaced by this guy, I didn't go anymore.

A friend introduced Chabbott to Alex Roy six months ago at the private member's club SoHo House New York, saying that he was a real car guy and the two should get along. Chabbot, who came up with an app called Line Snob that lets you avoid waiting in lines, parked his Ferrari in a loading bay. Better to let the valets sort it out than have to wait and pull up properly, no?
    Not long after he opened his mouth, Chabbott made it clear he knows nothing about the cars he spends a quarter of a million to own.

He says he only drives Italian, because only they know how to make cars. I asked him what he had before and he said he used to drive an Aventador.
    "You know that's made by Audi."
    "Really?"

Then Chabbott, who claims the cop was faking it, confirmed that he only buys supercars to pose around the streets of Manhattan at five miles an hour.

I asked, "do you take your cars to the track?" He says, "Oh yes, I go to every Formula One race, and I always fly first class."

Finally, Alex Roy gave a word of wisdom to all of the supercar owners out there who wipe their asses with hundred dollar bills.

When you own a car like that, you have to understand the context that it brings, like a pair of chandeliers. Like you're carrying a pair of chandeliers and marble columns with you.

The world isn't special for playboys. Act respectfully or you'll get your face slammed into your Ferrari.

He absolutely deserved it. I've seen more than enough rich kids driving Porsches and Ferraris here thinking that makes them better than everyone else. It's a shame that most owners jut want to be seen in their cars rather than enjoy them for that theyre really meant to do. 

I agree...he deserved to get arrested.

But: The police officer handled the whole situation with a lot of rage and with a huge lack of professionalism. 

With a good lawyer, the driver could get off pretty easy (which he probably did).

Apologizing is in most cases the best thing to do, even if you think the police officer isn't right. I even got out of a couple of tickets by apologizing and I'm not famous or the most lovable person on this planet. Expensive cars are a perfect "target" for civil servants, especially nowadays but when you show them that you are actually human and apologetic, they may let you off with a simple warning.

Trying to drive away while the officer is standing right next to the car or in front of the car is just plain stupid.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Maybe he will get off the charge but he will be on the Internet forever looking like a giant douche. indecision

JoeRockhead:

Maybe he will get off the charge but he will be on the Internet forever looking like a giant douche. indecision

15 years of fame Smiley

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, IPD Plenum, GT3 Throttle Body, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE, Alpine Head Unit and Amplifier, Focal Speakers

Vid: Bugatti Veyron driver is pulled over in London because of missing front license plate.

http://youtu.be/8eQ-BVoHN3Q

35453956233172681.jpg

Driving without the front license plate is not allowed in London, which is why the owner of this Bugatti Veyron was pulled over by a bicycle cop. This goes to show that even if you own the fastest car in the world it doesn't mean that you shouldn't obey the law. During the summer Olympics there are considerably more cops in London so everybody should be on best behavior in order to avoid any incidents.

We should mention that the driver of that Veyron received only a warning as he didn't get a ticket for the missing front license plate. Anyway, it seems that nowadays in London the British justice is stronger than the 1,001 hp of the Bugatti Veyron.

RC:

I agree...he deserved to get arrested.

But: The police officer handled the whole situation with a lot of rage and with a huge lack of professionalism. 

How would you react if someone completely disrespected your rightful authority and planted a car on your foot in the process. I'm sure that the words "Terribly sorry sire but would you mind removing your vehicle from my foot?" wouldn't be your immediate reaction. 

Just goes to show that cops are also people and everyone has a breaking point. In this case it was adding injury to insult. 

Doesn't matter whether you drive a VW Polo or a VW Veyron :)

In the UK, all cars have to have a front licence plate.

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

what a MORON.....respect the Police. 

In the last four years I have been stopped by the police three times (always at night ?)

I turn on all of the vehicles interior lights, roll down the drivers window and get out the license and proof of insurance card. I might recommend also rolling down the passenger side window since sometimes they approach the vehicle from that side. I have only gotten verbal warnings never a written warning or actual ticket.

The last time I got an actual written warning was back in '07, but I was driving 69mph in a 65 zone in a 997. It just goes with the image if you know what I mean.

Gladstone:

In the last four years I have been stopped by the police three times (always at night ?)

I turn on all of the vehicles interior lights, roll down the drivers window and get out the license and proof of insurance card. I might recommend also rolling down the passenger side window since sometimes they approach the vehicle from that side. I have only gotten verbal warnings never a written warning or actual ticket.

The last time I got an actual written warning was back in '07, but I was driving 69mph in a 65 zone in a 997. It just goes with the image if you know what I mean.

That's exactly what I do except for 2 steps. After stopping, I do not remove my hands from the steering wheel until the officer has approached the car - then I roll the window down about 1/3 down and get my license and registration after he has commanded to do so. 

Cops get way too figidety around here if they see you moving around and reaching for things before they have clear sight of you and your hands.

BTW - the cop who wrote you up for 69 in a 65, that was a pure d*ckhead move. <5 over? Maybe enforced in a school zone or restricted area, but never on a highway.

Heist,

I got a ticket in upstate new york on my way back to Canada for doing 69 in a 65 zone (highway), I thought for sure a warning only,but they wrote me up.....

Moser

Gladstone - You forgot he also warned you to turn on your lights - at 8PM in June!.

Back to the Ferrari! -

Notice how the cop is next to the car when the driver gets in - he does not engage him prior to getting in or in any way tell him to stop.  It could be argued that the driver may not have even known what the cop was doing.  Suddenly the cop steps into the path ONCE the engine starts.  As thought the driver would have expected someone who is clear to step into a moving car!  Shame on the cop for trying to stop a car with his foot!  I know the driver is a total ass in real life but the cop is the one on the job and working.  It was not in any way professional - what followed - the damage to the car, the pulling the driver out of the car, slamming him into the ground ETC. was totally un-called for.  The driver offered no reistance and was clearly not a danger to the cop.  I would not be at all surprised if the next car he buys is paid for in full by the NY City police department - perhaps a Veyron.  A good lawyer would eat this case up.  The driver may have been an ass but the cop was dumb for the way he handled it.

Leawood911:

A good lawyer would eat this case up.  The driver may have been an ass but the cop was dumb for the way he handled it.

Exactly my point. Very unprofessional for a cop.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Leawood911:

Notice how the cop is next to the car when the driver gets in - he does not engage him prior to getting in or in any way tell him to stop.  It could be argued that the driver may not have even known what the cop was doing.  Suddenly the cop steps into the path ONCE the engine starts.

There seems to be an exchange of words before he gets into the car. The driver is saying something the to the cop and it appears as though he replies...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689786 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409353 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255807 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235028 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65556 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858119 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774198 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM