Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

Atzporsche:

Congrats RC - epic car in all black. It's a true super sedan.. Just needs the Hybrid badges now for social acceptance smiley

Nope...I decided to get the Panamera turbo S badge...my son requested it. Smiley

Social acceptance? I really don't give a rat's a.. right now... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

You ticked a lot of great options on the PTS! Of all the options, the headlights and the carbon wheel are my favorites. They complete the whole package nicely.

rhino:

You ticked a lot of great options on the PTS! Of all the options, the headlights and the carbon wheel are my favorites. They complete the whole package nicely.

The PCCB brake is also amazing, I wouldn't order a Panamera Turbo/S or even the GTS without it.

I had a Panamera Turbo loaner with the "regular" brake for one day recently, before I got my Turbo S and the difference is really obvious, especially at higher speeds. Don't forget that the Panamera Turbo S weights over 2 tons and the PCCB allows it much better to find the right brake pedal pressure and braking point. When you accelerate a 2 ton car and then suddenly have to decelerate immediately after accelerating, you understand what advantage this is. Simple physics. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

A Panamera RS (tricked out suspension, 600HP turbo, etc.) would be wonderful, huh?

Probably not likely, but I will bet facelift will have a sportier look...

Wonderbar:

A Panamera RS (tricked out suspension, 600HP turbo, etc.) would be wonderful, huh?

Probably not likely, but I will bet facelift will have a sportier look...

The facelift will have a cleaner look but not necessarily a sportier one. I still think that Porsche is moving on the elegant part here, something I don't really understand but it seems to work for them (judging by the sales figures).

--

RC:
    rhino:

The PCCB brake is also amazing, I wouldn't order a Panamera Turbo/S or even the GTS without it.

I had a Panamera Turbo loaner with the "regular" brake for one day recently, before I got my Turbo S and the difference is really obvious, especially at higher speeds. Don't forget that the Panamera Turbo S weights over 2 tons and the PCCB allows it much better to find the right brake pedal pressure and braking point. When you accelerate a 2 ton car and then suddenly have to decelerate immediately after accelerating, you understand what advantage this is. Simple physics. Smiley

Agree 100% ... and combined with your choice of wheels make your PTS one of the nicest out thereSmiley Your son must be very proud! Smiley

Passing the 1000 km mark, this is how the oil consumption looks alike. Pretty OK for this kind of engine.

Only one bar lower...aprox. 0.25 l after 1000 km.

oil.jpg

oil2.jpg

--

1.000 km already? South Germany to Hamburg and back in one day? Anyway, sounds like a fun trip! 

jesse:

1.000 km already? South Germany to Hamburg and back in one day? Anyway, sounds like a fun trip! 

Are you're sure you're living in GermanySmiley
    Smiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

jesse:

München to Hamburg and back would be 1600 km. Smiley

Nope, I drove around with my son, we did a trip to the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen, visited some friends there too and so on... Changing speeds, changing gears, the perfect way to run in the car. Smiley

I need 3000 km before the end of this month but it will be very difficult to achieve I'm afraid, I have a lot of work and barely can drive the car during the week.

--

/\   No problem RC, I'll take over for you! I've got awesome break in experience, having ruined... erm... run in quite some brand new Sixt cars over the years

zzboba:

/\   No problem RC, I'll take over for you! I've got awesome break in experience, having ruined... erm... run in quite some brand new Sixt cars over the years

Smiley ...

The run-in period is really a pain in the a.., this is something manufacturers need to eliminate in the future...if possible.

I can live with it on the Panamera Turbo S though...not so much on my C63 AMG Coupe: Because of the LSD, I wasn't allowed to go faster than 140 kph. Smiley

--

RC:
    zzboba:

Smiley ...

The run-in period is really a pain in the a.., this is something manufacturers need to eliminate in the future...if possible.

I can live with it on the Panamera Turbo S though...not so much on my C63 AMG Coupe: Because of the LSD, I wasn't allowed to go faster than 140 kph. Smiley

Christian,

As far as I know and see that Ferrari factory shakes down every car they produce in Maranello. Factory test pilots push the engine of the every car before they are delivered to the dealers. I was told that there is no run-in period is needed for the engine but it is only needed for the brakes/tranny for the first 500 km. 

--

ONUR

WAITING FOR THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

The engine isn't the problem, PDK, AWD, drivetrain, etc. are. 

--

RC:

--

Smiley

RC:

--

Do they really need 3000 km for brake-in Smiley

--

ONUR

WAITING FOR THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:
    RC:

--

Do they really need 3000 km for brake-in Smiley

I've enjoyed this thread, sharing the progress and congratulations on the 2 tonne stormer - thanks for sharing...... have to say tho' 3000km is totally ridiculous, I would be driving "normally" from new including red line action intermittently once warmed up properly.

Are they saying they don't warranty the 4WD/PDK if not run in over 3000km ?  If not then get your boot down Smiley

--

3.9  GT2 2011 make over

The problem isn't the warranty but reliability and proper "alignment" of the parts during run-in, which could influence performance too.

Take the C63 for example: It is a well known fact that the LSD doesn't last too long if you don't run it in properly.

The PDK also seems to be "sensitive" to a proper run-in period, not sure about the other drivetrain parts though but I assume it isn't much different.

Don't worry, I can live with running in the car, it is still very fast most of the time.

--

One would have thought that with today's precision manufacturing tools and processes, a run in period is no longer necessary for moving mechanical parts to set and align.

Regarding the C63 LSD, don't you think there could be a stronger correlation between driving behavior in general and LSD failure? E.g. someone who does not run in the car probably drives more spirited and aggressive in general, than someone who is carful and honors the run in period indecision

Sorry for going slightly off topic, don't mean to start 20 pages of run-in-10'000km versus drive-it-like-you-stole-from-day-one thread angry

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, IPD Plenum, GT3 Throttle Body, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE, Alpine Head Unit and Amplifier, Focal Speakers

bluelines:

Sorry for going slightly off topic, don't mean to start 20 pages of run-in-10'000km versus drive-it-like-you-stole-from-day-one thread angry

Don't worry. Smiley

The LSD on the C63 is indeed very very sensitive to the run-in period according to AMG. It also requires an oil change after the run-in period.

Porsche doesn't really ask for a true run-in for the Panamera Turbo S in Germany, they just ask customers within the first 3000 km to drive longer distances, to avoid an increased number of cold starts with following short driving distances, not to participate in any motorsport or driver ed events and to avoid high rev figures, especially when the engine is cold. Not really a big deal but I am a little bit cautious because turbo charged engines produce a lot of torque (drivetrain) and a lot of pressure in the "system", so I raise the bar little by little. Smiley

--

Sorry guys, I'm not finished with the run-in yet but I have two new photos for you (don't be shocked ).

cl1.jpg

cl2.jpg

--

Love these car wash photos!  There are some very safe and effective car wash setups around now, and I take my Cayenne Turbo S through one at least once a week.  Beats spending an hour washing it myself in the July heat...

I'm totally shocked. I'll hope that's not your car with the flat black paint and you're just kidding.....
    :-))

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Conny997:
    I'm totally shocked. I'll hope that's not your car with the flat black paint and you're just kidding.....
    :-))

Smiley

I would love to wash and clean my car by hand but I just don't have the time. Can't even let the kids to it....I want to drive the car instead. Smiley

--

hand wasing is a must!!!

Christian, your car is too nice for auto-wasing.....

How come your exhaust-tips look different than those one usually sees on Panamera Turbo's?

How much do you see the marks on the flat black paint  after many of these washes ?

I am also not a big fan of car washing , but I do not go to these types in order to ' save ' my paint . I go to the 'hypromat ' .

And I did not take flat black because of that . 

But I would like it on my next one...just worried about the marks .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Okay RC - A Car wash?  You give me a hard time for not using N rated tires and then you go and take this car to a car wash (AND tell people)?

I don't take even my POS car or my John Deer lawn mower through a car 'scratch'.  For they type of money you spend on that car PAY someone to wash it by hand or leave it dirty. 

Mind blowing actually - if you consider how careful you are to get only Porsche service and only N rated tires and only the best fuel AND extra long break in period etc.  Then a Car Wash!   Will they take the car back when the lease is over if they see these pictures?  I would double the lease payment if I was Porsche. 

This car wash thing makes my choice of tires look not so bad.  lol.  Danke schoen.

(Of course I am just kidding, sorry you have do little time - I understand)

Hi RC , congratulations for your fantastic PTS. wink

I had to scratch my eyes , could not believe you put your beauty in a automated car wash. In 20 years I never put any of my cars in one. I don`t wash personally my cars either  . I have them (hand) washed for me.

--

911 Club Coupe, 72' 911 Targa 2.4 S, 12' Audi S4 Avant

Dont bother to invite RC to the next Zymol clinic.indecision

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803820 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448690 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266292 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90148 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6720 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886009 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834017 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM