Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

artur777:

Very nice color!

When will you run in the car and test it))?

Already have 800 km on it but I need to have at least 3000 km for a first run. The Turbo engine actually gets it's peak power at 5000-8000 km but of course I won't wait that long. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Your explanation makes sense and is accepted. That said, I would have   ditched the car and bought something in Miami. A car is just a car. They all will get you there. (See my note on the Tesla S which can be bought for around $75,000 with the 300 mile battery. It would get you to your Europe vacation spots a lot cheaper and for 1/3 of the price and in style.) 

--

Driving is about fun, Nick. Everything else is not important for me

What happened to you? I remember a Nick who actually enjoyed driving, not commuting. 

Also you may have missed the lease deal I mentioned a couple of times: The car is not my property.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

nberry:

Your explanation makes sense and is accepted. That said, I would have   ditched the car and bought something in Miami. A car is just a car. They all will get you there. (See my note on the Tesla S which can be bought for around $75,000 with the 300 mile battery. It would get you to your Europe vacation spots a lot cheaper and for 1/3 of the price and in style.) 

That's a pretty strange notion to have on a forum which is dedicated to sports cars. 

Tim:
    nberry:

That's a pretty strange notion to have on a forum which is dedicated to sports cars. 

It happens when you get out of a Ferrari and jump into a Honda Smiley

RC:

Here are some shots from today (sorry, no interior for now).

td1.jpg

td4.jpg

I've never imagined a Panamera could look so good Smiley

The perfect performance car for your needs.

--

"Form follows function"

nberry:

Who cares what you would have done? Smiley

And bringing a Tesla up in a tread about a (beautifull) Panamera TS in a sportscarforum? Please. Smiley

td4.jpg

Love the black headlights, they transform the front look completely.Smiley 

BiTurbo:
    Tim:
    nberry:

I was close to posting the same comment! indecision

RC:

Here are some shots from today (sorry, no interior for now).

td4.jpg

Wow, looks great - much better even than I thought it would look based on the specs alone SmileySmileySmiley

Congratulations RC, your car looks a real beast kiss The more I see of Panamera the more I like the styling and yours is one of the best I've seen. 

Hope your father makes a full recovery and wish you many safe and fast miles on the Autobahn

--

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

Miami condos on the beach are for tourists and part time residents. No one lives there permanently, there are (much) nicer areas. 800k however will get you nothing there Smiley, not even the landSmiley

Hotels are perfectly fine for a weeks a year.

BiTurbo:
    Tim:
    nberry:

SmileySmileySmiley

Well, I do have some knowledge.Smiley

--

Here are more photos, guys. Sorry for my boy being in almost each photo, he just didn't want to exit the car. yes indecision

1341771157079ts1.jpg

1341771169372ts2.jpg

1341771178523ts3.jpg

1341771187676ts4.jpg

1341771197303ts5.jpg

1341771205486ts6.jpg

ts7.jpg

ts8.jpg

ts9.jpg

--

dreamcar:

Congratulations RC, your car looks a real beast kiss The more I see of Panamera the more I like the styling and yours is one of the best I've seen. 

Hope your father makes a full recovery and wish you many safe and fast miles on the Autobahn

Thank you so much, I appreciate it. Smiley Smiley

--

RC,

Same here, best wishes for your father....

Car is awesome Smiley, Enjoy, be safe

RC:

Here are more photos, guys. Sorry for my boy being in almost each photo, he just didn't want to exit the car. yes indecision

RC, I think your son wants to become a Panzer Commander when he grows up.indecision

I've just realized your father had a health problem recently. Swift recovery!

--

"Form follows function"

Congrats! 

BTW, how come that the same car has two different interior colors at same time? Which one is it?

You have bought two cars?!

dxpetrov:

Congrats! 

BTW, how come that the same car has two different interior colors at same time? Which one is it?

Smiley SmileySmiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

dxpetrov:

Congrats! 

OK...now I am confused. Smiley Smiley

I see only one color... Smiley Black.

What color(s) do you see? If you see a rainbow, then you should check your medication... Smiley Smiley

Just kidding: I think I know what you are talking about...the marsala red, right? This was a factory loaner, courtesy of Porsche, until my car is ready (it took them two months to fix the "problem").

--

RC:
    dxpetrov:

What color(s) do you see? If you see a rainbow, then you should check your medication... Smiley Smiley

Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

RC:
    dxpetrov:

Congrats! 

OK...now I am confused. Smiley Smiley

Just kidding: I think I know what you are talking about...the marsala red, right? This was a factory loaner, courtesy of Porsche, until my car is ready (it took them two months to fix the "problem").

Smiley hahaha, I should take the meds then! Actually, I thought ''kabir's' car was yours initially. Wasn't looking at the sig... all clear now!

Sorry! Smiley

Once again - it's just silly how good this car is!

Awesome shots.

--
    Happy Driving

Thanks for the shots. I think tthine only color I like the Panamera is in black, I still think its a bit huge. The front lights in black do make it look aggressive, I like that. 

I thought dxpetrov meant that it looked grey is the picture from the rear seats, but it seems like that was just how the light made it look on pictures. 

Hope your father gets better and Congrats on the PTS, it looks sinister! kiss

I like it really,is the most beautiful Panamera i saw till now!

Congrats Christian,really great car!

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

Perfect combo ! The blacked front lights makes a huge difference. A must have !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Enmanuel:

Thanks for the shots. I think tthine only color I like the Panamera is in black, I still think its a bit huge. The front lights in black do make it look aggressive, I like that.

Of course it is huge, it needs to fit four persons comfortably.

Put it next to the new BMW 5 series and you'll be surprised that it they look the same size.

What I don't like about the Panamera is the lack of luggage space. For such a big car, the luggage room is ridiculous.

I really think that former Porsche CEO Dr. Wiedeking got it all wrong: This is not a chauffeur's limousine, this is a sporty sedan and he could have reduced the rear compartment (incl. leg and head room) for a larger luggage compartment.

I also think that Porsche kind of got the image wrong for the Panamera, even if it sells that well.

Let me give you an example: When I was offered the factory loaner, Porsche apologized to me for not having something more mainstream, the car I would get would be a little bit out of the ordinary and for that, they apologized. When the loaner arrived, I was amazed how good it looked.

Also look around Zuffenhausen and their factory cars: Many of them are in the same style...black wheels, black front lights, not really that elegant look many seem to like (or not?) on the Panamera.

To make it short: I think that Porsche should offer options which enhance the sporty look or even the performance of the Panamera and I really hope they will do that with the facelift. Look at the backlights for example, why aren't there darker (or black) backlights for the Panamera but black front lights? Does this make sense to you?

I also don't understand why there was no deviating stitching available for the Panamera...or yellow seat belts for example. Just now they seem to start offering the deviating stitching options...

The Panamera is a great Porsche (yes, a true Porsche...they put one billion EUR into development) but I get the feeling that Porsche put too much emphasis into the elegant part of the car, not the sporty one. Yes, the Panamera Turbo S did the Nordschleife in 7:52 min., which is amazing for a sedan of this size but this should be only the beginning.

As long as Porsche doesn't offer a Panamera Coupe or a 911 with more room in the rear compartment, Porsche lovers  who have kids and need more room have no real choice. I think that Porsche is missing an opportunity here because the image of the Panamera isn't really very sporty.

--

We have that same issue here - the Panamera is seen as a luxury vehicle and is always cross-shopped with the BMW 7 Series, Jaguar XJ and Lexus LS.

A very large percentage of Panamera owners here are women and their customization options again emphasize elegance over sport - most cars are sold in mahogany, topaz, ruby red and white. You rarely see the blacks, greys and blues; very few cars are stock ordered with the Sport Design kit and black headlights but they either appeal to men or sit unwanted on the lot because they look "too sporty" for people in this market.

I agree with RC in that Wendelin Wiedeking put too much emphasis on the Panamera's chauffeur aspect: a Porsche is meant to be driven. One of the famous design criteria [is it a rumor? I've heard it all the time] was that the 6'3" Wiedeking could sit in the back seats with comfortable head and legroom while the front seats were set to his ideal driving position, explaining the enlarged wheelbase and stretched roofline.

I'm sure the facelift will fix some of the cosmetically odd bits on the Panamera's exterior and make it look a bit more composed and harmonious [not that the current one isn't a beauty, but it could use a bit of tweaking], but I hope Porsche goes with a true driver's sedan with the next generation.

rulesdontapply

Congrats RC - epic car in all black. It's a true super sedan.. Just needs the Hybrid badges now for social acceptance smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803806 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448685 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266289 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90148 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6716 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886003 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833989 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM