Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

Congrats on the car RC! kiss Very nice black on black! Enjoy!

Had my 911 in for service today and got a Panamera 4S for loaner. Fully loaded with PDK Sport Plus, PASM air suspension, PDCC, PTV Plus and PSE. The first time I drove a Panamera and I must confess that I was very impressed! Super comfortable and super sporty. The car handled extremely well and I was particularly impressed with the PDCC. Very stable and zero roll even when pushing it hard through the turns. The 400hp naturally aspirate engine felt pretty fast, but the turbo versions must be insane indecision

2012-07-05 at 10-39-11.jpg

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, IPD Plenum, GT3 Throttle Body, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE, Alpine Head Unit and Amplifier, Focal Speakers

nberry:

Did I read you paid over $200,000 euro's for it?heart

This is the value of the car, I have a very nice lease deal but I have to keep it for four years.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

bluelines:

Congrats on the car RC! kiss Very nice black on black! Enjoy!

Had my 911 in for service today and got a Panamera 4S for loaner. Fully loaded with PDK Sport Plus, PASM air suspension, PDCC, PTV Plus and PSE. The first time I drove a Panamera and I must confess that I was very impressed! Super comfortable and super sporty. The car handled extremely well and I was particularly impressed with the PDCC. Very stable and zero roll even when pushing it hard through the turns. The 400hp naturally aspirate engine felt pretty fast, but the turbo versions must be insane indecision

I'm glad you liked it. Smiley

Fuel consumption (average) is a lot better now (see photo). I didn't drive slowly, I kept the engine below 4000 rpm however. Not really as bad as I thought, I get 0.9 bar turbo boost with half throttle even in the lower speed ranges, so acceleration is pretty nice and believe it or not, even with not revving over 4000 rpm, I was actually the fastest on the Autobahn today. Smiley

A little update on the Burmester system: I started to believe that it is worth every penny. The quality of the song is extremely important since the system unveils every little flaw. Using good quality songs, the system just sounds amazing, incl. the bass. I chose the "Soft" setting, it works best in my opinion. Live is not really good for my years and Surround kind of has a weird echo noise. Bottom line is: I started to love it, I was worried.

verbr.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Finally! Congratulations! kiss

Your report is very elaborate, even if I´d not be in the market for such a car I do appreciate it. Have a good time and enjoy those four years with it.

What an incredible trail this thread has portrayed.. and finally you have the car for real..kiss

I'm sure you will get the most out of it and enjoy it to the full. 

In the meantime, to make your enjoyment complete, I wish your father a speedy recovery and an early return home from hospital...wink

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Dear Christian,

very interesting that you have setup even better than Pana Turbo S)))

very interesting to see acceleration figures...

do you have increased fuel consumption?

John H:

In the meantime, to make your enjoyment complete, I wish your father a speedy recovery and an early return home from hospital...wink

Thank you so much for the speedy recovery wishes, unfortunately things are a little bit complicated due to his age but I hope that things can be back to normal in a month or so. It really affects the whole family and of course my fun to enjoy the car. 

--

artur777:

Dear Christian,

very interesting that you have setup even better than Pana Turbo S)))

very interesting to see acceleration figures...

do you have increased fuel consumption?

I don't know for sure if the setup is "better", I just have been assured that due to the difficulties with the Ti/Al turbo chargers, they had to find a fast solution and one which doesn't give the affected customers a reason to complaint or even return the car (which actually would be possible since the Ti/Al turbo chargers are part of the unique selling point of the Turbo S).

The final verdict about this setup can only be made after I actually do some performance runs but I can't do that as long as the car needs to be run in.

Current fuel consumption seems acceptable (15 l/100 km) but I don not rev above 4000 rpm.

--

Since you love your MB 63 sedan, why did you buy the Panamera?

Your car looks fantastic but for what you will pay for it you could have bought a nice home the Miami area. Just trying to make sense of the purchase.yes

--

nberry:

Your car looks fantastic but for what you will pay for it you could have bought a nice home the Miami area. Just trying to make sense of the purchase.yes

The question is: why would anyone by a home in Miami when you can buy a Panamera Turbo S? Smiley

This is a sportscar forum for petrolheads, there is no sense here. Smiley

nberry:

I thought it was a coupe ? Smiley

RC has stated many times how much he and his family love the Miami area. The have considered moving there if it was financially feasible.

Bi Turbo my mistake. I thought it was a sedan.

--

nberry:

RC has stated many times how much he and his family love the Miami area. The have considered moving there if it was financially feasible.

Nick,

it was indicated above that the car is run on a lease deal which makes much more sense financially in Germany and cannot be equated with buying the car at list price.

I guess you should know RC by now that he has very high demands on a car and that the Panamera is still a significant step up from the C63.

Guess everything else he can explain much better with his own words. Smiley

nberry:

and even in Miami, € 200 k does not get you anything I would want to live in . Around € 800 k would probably be the minimum to have a nice house, or apartment , in a nice area. 

I checked it out about a year ago....

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Here are some photos of my PTS.2012-07-07 13.02.48.png

2012-07-07 13.01.03.png20120707_120904.jpg2012-07-07 13.04.35.png2012-07-07 13.03.43.png20120707_113004.jpg20120707_112955.jpg20120707_114538.jpg20120707_113055.jpg

--

Kabir Khaleque

Panamera Turbo S (black/biege PCCB Burmester)

The reports that I see seem to indicate otherwise. I suppose if you are seeking beach front then the price will be higher. But there are condo's near the beach which can be had for a very reasonable price.Smiley

--

nberry:

The reports that I see seem to indicate otherwise. I suppose if you are seeking beach front then the price will be higher. But there are condo's near the beach which can be had for a very reasonable price.Smiley

I was looking at beach front only Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

kabir911:

Here are some photos of my PTS.

20120707_113004.jpg

20120707_114538.jpg

20120707_113055.jpg

fantastic interior, wonderful contrast with the exterior

@ Kabir
    Very, very nice. Thanks a lot for the pics. I like the combo.! Is that bicolor grey or black, with crema?
    Have always a safe ride.
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Looks to be agate grey and cream; that combination is exclusive to the Turbo S.

Beautiful ride, kabir! Enjoy it in the best of health.

rulesdontapply

thanks.

I also like the contrast of the interior -> its actually cream black combo. The vented seats look excellent with the perforations. They really work well. I ordered vented for the rear which was maybe a bit over the top since my daughter is still in her baby seat, but I didn't want any blank buttons on the rear console!

--

Kabir Khaleque

Panamera Turbo S (black/biege PCCB Burmester)

And, unlike RC, you have paddles..angry smiley

Great looking car Kabir - many thanks for posting..kiss

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

nberry:

I have a C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP (big difference Smiley), this is my daily driver. This is a very nice (and fast) car but it has not enough room for longer voyages (keep in mind that Italy is only 400 km away, Cote d'Azur around 800 km, Switzerland only 200 km and Austria only 180 km away, just examples).

Also the Panamera Turbo S has AWD, it will be our car for winter time, when we go skiing.

The C63 AMG Coupe is more of a toy, the Panamera Turbo S more of the serious deal.

Since I have to be able to move the whole family in one of the cars, something with two seats was out of the question and the 911 sucks in the rear compartment.

Got it? Smiley  Smiley

P.S.: I decided against a nice condo in Miami some while ago, I prefer nice hotels. When I make the decision to move to the US, then things will look different.

--

John H:

And, unlike RC, you have paddles..angry smiley

Great looking car Kabir - many thanks for posting..kiss

You can't get paddles with the carbon steering wheel and I just love it.

Also trust me: The PDK is so good, you don't need to shift manually.

--

Gnil:

and even in Miami, € 200 k does not get you anything I would want to live in . Around € 800 k would probably be the minimum to have a nice house, or apartment , in a nice area. 

I checked it out about a year ago....

I put my eye on a condo in Sunny Isles Beach, nothing too fancy, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living room, direct ocean front view...800k USD...this was a very good guess. Smiley

Not worth it, as long as I don't plan to actually live there. Smiley

--

kabir911:

thanks.

I also like the contrast of the interior -> its actually cream black combo. The vented seats look excellent with the perforations. They really work well. I ordered vented for the rear which was maybe a bit over the top since my daughter is still in her baby seat, but I didn't want any blank buttons on the rear console!

Beautiful color combo but you will start to hate it once your daughter gets older... Smiley Smiley

With two kids, never ever something else than black. You should have seen the light brown leather of our former Cayenne Turbo S...oh boy... Smiley

The vented seats weren't available with the sport seats, something I really don't get.  Smiley

Great ride, finally some photos. Smiley Smiley

--

Here are some shots from today (sorry, no interior for now).

td1.jpg

I guess some of you recognize the location... indecision When we returned back to the car, the doors and windows were full of hand and palm prints. sad  indecision One beautiful woman from the US just had her photo taken with the car and my son immediately fell in love with her, she said "cutie" to him. indecision

td2.jpg

td3.jpg

td4.jpg

--

nberry:

Beach front only...otherwise I can stay in Germany. Smiley

--

RC:

td1.jpg

I guess some of you recognize the location... 

Guess the tractor gives it away... Smiley

What a beautiful car though! Smiley

Very nice color!

When will you run in the car and test it))?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803605 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448651 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266250 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90135 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6678 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885949 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833670 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM