Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

Wow, finally! Congrats, looks like a real beast in this combo. kiss Enjoy mate! wink

And now, Pictuuuuuuuuuuures!!!!!

RC:

@BiTurbo: My car is fully loaded, incl. Burmester but I really had to draw the line at some point. I might retrofit the tail pipes though...they really look better.

@ag23: Yes, unfortunately Pirelli PZero. Which is kind of weird because the production information tire code said Michelin (not the type though). They may have exchanged the tires in the waiting process (car was ready April 30th) but this is just a wild guess. I would have loved to get the SuperSport N0 but apparently it isn't available for customers yet.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

What I was trying to say is, for anyone who orders a Turbo S the car should come with PCCB, Burmester etc.. as std without charging extra, as we usually see on Cayenne models and now this bad habit of theirs has moved onto the Panamera Smiley

Congrats wink

Looking forward to seeing better pics, especially the back end with the black lettering. kiss

BiTurbo:

What I was trying to say is, for anyone who orders a Turbo S the car should come with PCCB, Burmester etc.. as std without charging extra, as we usually see on Cayenne models and now this bad habit of theirs has moved onto the Panamera Smiley

I won't argue with you on this one, you are completely right but I guess this is why Porsche is one of the most profitable car makers worldwide. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

BlackOctober:

RC, with this black/black combo you should put this plate on the car......SmileySmiley

images.jpeg

SmileySmileySmiley

--

ONUR

WAITING FOR THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

LOL but maybe a number plate like this might attract some unwanted attention ...

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

congrats RC, looks great....

are the performance parts related to the engine larger turbo chargers by any chance ? indecision

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Congrats RC, the car looks epic and yes a little Mafia but just a very little. Will you debadge the rear entirely?

Let's just say if you were behind me on the Autobahn i'd move out of the way quickly smiley
    (Not that I would be holding up traffic in the first place, I am very anal about moving out of the way)

Looking forward to some street pics, it's the best sedan to have for a family daily kiss

Looks so bad ass Smiley, congrats again.

--
    Happy Driving

RC:
    BlackOctober:

RC, with this black/black combo you should put this plate on the car......SmileySmiley

images.jpeg

Funny that you mention it: My dealer suggested that the car looks very Mafia-like and other drivers may be afraid of me. Smiley Not sure if this was supposed to be a joke but if they let me pass in peace, I won't do them any harm... Smiley Smiley

I'm not sure if it will work in Germany, but if you were live in Moscow......with this look of the car even police would give you pass in peace  kiss

--

Congratulations!! Awesome car!

Christian, congratulations!!!! Are you happy???

I am sure, yes!!!!!!

intouch1:

congrats RC, looks great....

are the performance parts related to the engine larger turbo chargers by any chance ? indecision

Smiley

--

Super Pana!!! Great!

Christian welcome again in the black-cars-club!

--

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab

Audi R8  //  Audi A5 S-line 3.0tdi Quattro/ RR 4.4i

I can see RC driving in his gangster car through the Black Forest and disappearing ...

Seriously though, it looks great! kiss Have fun with it. wink

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

I like it! really aggressive!

I'm not a fan of black due is difficult to take clean and detailed,but it looks really amazing on some cars,and this is one of that!

congrats again!kiss

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

artur777:

Christian, congratulations!!!! Are you happy???

I am happy. Unfortunately not as happy as I should because I need to work and can't drive it and because my father is in the hospital right now but I really waited for this car so long, it is kind of something special for me. Smiley

When I filled up (fuel) the car yesterday, a guy who is working at the fuel station asked me what kind of Porsche this is. Smiley I told him this is a Panamera and he said "no way". He walked around it for a couple of times while I was filling the car up and paying inside but it was kind of a positive response to the car...I guess. Smiley Smiley

--

Here is are a couple of more photos (again, sorry for the quality...I promise...much better and much more photos this weekend).

bc1.jpg

She(or he? ) is finally home...

garage.jpg

home.jpg

homespeed.jpg

pcm.jpg

--

Wonderful - looking forward to the photos and detailed report to come - enjoy it RC :)

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Engine warm up on the turbo is no biggie, I actually loved watching the temp rise every morning I started the ex-CTT engine indecision

My first impressions compared to the Porsche factory loaner (Panamera Turbo Powerkit) I had (I will start a separate thread with a detailed driving & performance report once I have better photos and once my car is run in properly):

1. Not sure if Porsche changed the setup of the PDCC system but my car has no side roll at all, I mean nothing, zero, zilch and I was going through a couple of traffic circles without even braking, something I couldn't do at the same speed in the factory loaner. Other possibility: The PDCC may have not worked properly on the factory loaner or the PZero tires were worn out but I kind of doubt it, the car felt very good.

2. Turbo boost is always there if I even slightly press the throttle. On the factory loaner, the turbo boost started with increased throttle and/or engine rev. At very low throttle action, I always have 0.1-0.4 bar boost and it feels very very good, there is no turbo lag like in the factory loaner. Considering I have different turbo chargers without the titan impellers (sorry folks, this is all I can say), makes me wonder how Porsche actually achieved that... Great setup so far.

3. Despite the fact that my car doesn't have the noise insulating glass, the sport exhaust is barely noticeable. I didn't rev the engine above 4000 rpm (actually not really necessary since there is always enough power even below that rev figure) but so far, this is kind of a disappointment. Especially if I compare it to the Panamera GTS, which sounds great. The car is still new and the sound is going to get better (according to Porsche) but it remains to be seen. There is a decent V8 grumble noticeable, true but I expected more.

4. The steering feels too light, I noticed that on the factory loaner too and it bothers me. Maybe it is just in my head but I would prefer a firmer steering feel like on my former Carrera GTS Cab or my current C63 AMG Coupe.

5. The tail pipes (I have the standard ones) look cheap on this car, I can't help it. At least if they were painted black.  I will exchange them for the sport exhaust tail pipes as soon as possible, they look in reality much better than on photos (the factory loaner had them).

6. The black front lights with the black exterior color let the car look smaller/thinner from the front, it is a great combo. You have to see it for yourself to understand but the black in black combo actually lets the frame of the front lights "disappear", which provides this unique and very welcomed effect. The lack of chrome and the black lettering in the back let the car appear smaller and sportier...even my old mother, she has no clue at all about cars, observed it. First thing she said: "This car is smaller than the white one you had".  indecision In my opinion, this is the perfect setup for a sporty looking Panamera but of course everyone has a different taste, so don't worry if you don't agree. 

7. The black interior looks nicer than I thought, I wasn't too sure about it when I ordered the car. With the black interior, the black tinted glass in the rear and the roll-up sunblinds (side windows/rear window), the windows look completely black in the rear, which fits the black exterior even better. The carbon applications are perfect with the black interior, I just wish the carbon steering wheel would be available with paddles instead of buttons.

8. The Burmester system is a little bit of a disappointment but maybe I haven't figured out the perfect setup yet: I listen to a lot of dance music, incl. songs which include a lot of bass. The bass doesn't really seem to sound too well, kind of flat and annoying but it may have had to do with the fact that I streamed the music over Bluetooth from my iPhone. Which brings me to the positive surprise: The audio streaming over Bluetooth is now possible even with the Burmester system. In the past, there had been a limitation according to various publications. Music from Stereo Radio, especially classic music, sounds extremely well, so maybe I have to re-try with some better recordings. Verdict: For casual listening to music, especially over your phone/audio streaming, the BOSE system is just fine. My factory loaner had it and it wasn't really that bad.

9. My car has the cordless handset and while it looks nice, the position of this handset in the middle console is not really thought through well. If I connect my iPhone to the PCM through a cable, the iPhone kind moves around in the middle console because there is no flat surface due to the cordless handset. Also the display of the cordless handset (or my iPhone for that matter) could be scratched in the process. Not an ideal position for the cordless handset, it should have been closer to the co-passenger, which makes more sense.

10. I wish I had ordered the rear 8-way comfort seats with the sport seats. The position of the rear seats is a little bit too straight in my opinion, which could be uncomfortable on longer voyages. I have to check with my dealership if they can be adjusted but so far, if you plan to travel with friends or kids in the car, you should order the 8-way comfort seats in the rear.

11. The luggage space (trunk) is a little smaller compared to the factory loaner because of the Burmester system. I didn't order the fixed luggage compartment cover, so the retractable and flexible roller cover is a very good alternative because it allows you to load more stuff into the trunk. Only the rear window is the limit...

--

Great news that you finally have your car.

I can concur on the boost remark. My PTS certainly shows boost at low revs, although I do not know if it has the same turbos as yours (Took delivery 4 weeks ago), basically 'no turbo lag'. It was more prevalent in comparison to the M5 I test drove that clearly had 'turbo lag'.

The Burmester should sound very good. My suggestion for good quality would be to play the ipod directly plugged in with music encoded in ALAC (lossless). Being an audio buff I also have a colorfly C4 with 24bit/192Hz encoded music and the sound is simply mind blowing when you think this is car and not a studio.

I also found the steering initially too light. 4 weeks on I wouldn't want to drive the car without the electric assist! Its fantasically stable at high speeds.

Will post some pics of my motor this weekend. Looking forward to read your reviews when you're at full power!

--

Kabir Khaleque

Panamera Turbo S (black/biege PCCB)

kabir911:

Great news that you finally have your car.

I can concur on the boost remark. My PTS certainly shows boost at low revs, although I do not know if it has the same turbos as yours (Took delivery 4 weeks ago), basically 'no turbo lag'. It was more prevalent in comparison to the M5 I test drove that clearly had 'turbo lag'.

Thank you. Smiley No, it doesn't have the same turbos, your car has the Ti/Al turbo chargers.

The Burmester should sound very good. My suggestion for good quality would be to play the ipod directly plugged in with music encoded in ALAC (lossless). Being an audio buff I also have a colorfly C4 with 24bit/192Hz encoded music and the sound is simply mind blowing when you think this is car and not a studio.

Thanks for the hint, I use the AAC files from Apple (iTunes) but lossless isn't always lossless and it also depends on the quality of the recording itself. Usually, dance music isn't recorded in very high quality, simply because most people won't notice the difference since it has very loud passages and a lot of boom boom. Smiley I will try some Smooth Jazz this evening, Classical music certainly sounds very good but I don't like to listen to this kind of music in the car, it puts me to sleep. Smiley

I also found the steering initially too light. 4 weeks on I wouldn't want to drive the car without the electric assist! Its fantasically stable at high speeds.

Will post some pics of my motor this weekend. Looking forward to read your reviews when you're at full power!

The problem is that the light steering feel is present also at higher speeds. Yes, the car is stable at higher speeds and the steering doesn't move a bit, despite the lightness but at over 300 kph, I would prefer a less direct approach. My wife would certainly have an accident with this steering at higher speeds but thanks god she doesn't drive faster than 160 kph. Smiley

I would love to see photos of your car. Smiley

--

RC:

I would love to see photos of your car. Smiley

so would I, especially the non black interior Smiley

Beautiful Smiley love the gauge cluster at night.

--
    Happy Driving

Congrats! Your personal bat mobile. blush

Enjoy it in good health!

Congrats again, looks great! I love the 4th dail with the oil and engine temp as well as bar pressures..

Also love how it says 626km range on a full tank, but I guess that's the ~20L/100km Verbrauch for ya smiley

Speed limit of 350 km/h on the speedometer of such a BIG car looks unbelievable.....no

--

I see a lot of black Panameras, but with the chrome window surrounds. This makes such a difference, well done! kiss

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803584 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448644 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266243 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90129 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6673 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885943 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833636 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM