Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Collected my GTS today

Hi John you beat me to it! Just started preparing photos of our weeks break in Shropshire for posting on Rennteam. We very much enjoyed meeting you and your lovely wife and thoroughly enjoyed a superb lunch ( thank you for the recommendation of The Clive - we ended up eating there a couple of more times ) , wink and of course seeing your superb GTS - very envious! 

Our 997 had definitely lost it's concours appearance by the time we had got home - spent last Sunday washing it and applying Zymol Field Glaze to keep the wax topped up ( that only takes a few minutes). The Clockwork Rat became very jealous and I've promised it if we get decent weather this weekend I'll give it the full Zymol treatment as well.

Our holiday report will be on Rennteam in the next couple of days. kiss

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

Very nice photos John H Smiley So glad you and DC had a great time Smiley

But how come you didn't get in touch while you were down here in London? Smiley Would have been great to finally meet up!

DC, John H, your cars look great Smiley

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Easy - You're right... it would have been great to meet up but, although we were in London for two nights, we arrived late on Tuesday night, spent Wednesday mainly sight-seeing with theatre in the evening and left early on Thursday morning..

Hope we'll be on a less hectic schedule next time... would really love to meet up after all this time...wink

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

No problem John ... when you wrote that you came down to London and didn't arrange to meet up, I assumed it was because you were on a tight schedule and (hopefully) not because of something I may have said or done :)

Sure, we can always arrange to meet up next time you're down here or I venture towards North Wales etc :)

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:

not because of something I may have said or done :)

Easy...you still haven't learned that it is my job to do this kind of stuff and offend people...? Smiley Smiley

For those who haven't met easy yet: He is the nicest guy one can imagine. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Haha ... thanks RC ... v kind of you to say that :)

--

997.1 C2S

Just returned from our usual Autumnal trip to Devon, Cornwall & the Wye Valley where we meet up with relatives and old friends.

I've posted pictures on this thread from similar previous trips so not much scope for something different, but here are just a few...

The weather was a mixture of grim and not so grim!  This is St Ives between showers...

1350226369115St Ives.jpg

St Ives (6).jpg

St Ives (14).jpg

But there were a few sunny days and one of them we spent on the golf course.  This one has some splendid sea views across the English Channel...

Golf.JPG

Golf 1.jpg

Golf 2.jpg

Golf 3.jpg

Golf 4.jpg

Golf 5.jpg

Some shots of the River Wye taken in the early morning mist...

For Rennteam (1).jpg

For Rennteam (2).jpg

The GTS behaved itself perfectly, as usual, throughout the whole trip.. covering 1433 miles at an average fuel consumption of 26.7 mpg and without burning any oil.  The roads ranged from motorway to exciting B-road twisties to A-road combos..

All packed and ready to set off for home...wink

For Rennteam.jpg 

--

Many thanks for posting John, wonderful photos! Pleased you had a great autumnal break to the West Country Smiley

--

Accountants are like fire and water, good servants but bad masters.

Thanks for those pictures, it always reminds me of the beauty the UK has to offer...

I'm planning to head to the Groes-Inn in North Wales with my girlfriend for a long week-end in November, it would be great to meet up this time!

fabulous pictures!

how did you arrange the good weather Smiley

Beautiful shots John! Your GTS looks great with the black stone guards and wheels kiss Looking forward to seeing more cool photos! indecision

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

Gorgeous photos :)

--

997.1 C2S

Lovely pictures - and a great-looking car (but then I would say that).  

VERY nice photos!!  You are a good photographer John.  kiss

Seems like ages since hearing from you!  The car still looks awesome of course.       

I am also impressed with your gas mileage!  I believe I'm only getting around 20 to 22 MPG at best.   yes

Oh, by the way, I finally got the new side mirrors and had them custom painted to match the existing factory color at the base of the mirrors.  It was a bit of a chore getting to this point but my Porsche dealer used their best paint and body shop for the job and I am thrilled with the way they turned out.  The painter did an amazing job of matching the factory color and finish texture.   angel       I will also keep the set of original white mirrors...just in case I need them

Attached are a few photos and I hope you like the look as much as I do.  blush

Take care and I hpe all is well with you and yours!!   wink

DSC04620 (2).JPGDSC04621 (2).JPGDSC04622 (2).JPG.

DSC04624 (2).JPGDSC04626 (2).JPG

DSC04628 (2).JPGDSC04629 (2).JPG

Great pics! kiss

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S in Carrara White with black leather interior. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

Audi S5 cabrio in Ibis White with black leather interior.

Indeed great pics - the GTS looks so much more 911 vs the 991.....

dreamcar:

Many thanks for posting John, wonderful photos! Pleased you had a great autumnal break to the West Country Smiley

Thanks DC - thought of you and SWMBO when we stopped off at Ludlow on the A49...Smiley

--

Porker:

Thanks for those pictures, it always reminds me of the beauty the UK has to offer...

I'm planning to head to the Groes-Inn in North Wales with my girlfriend for a long week-end in November, it would be great to meet up this time!

Frank - please give me the dates... we really mustn't miss a meet-up this time..!  Smiley

--

sfo:

fabulous pictures!

how did you arrange the good weather Smiley

Pure luck I guess..Smiley.. The sun shone when it really mattered..Smiley

--

@ Pilot, Easy & PB - many thanks for the comments... much appreciated.. wink

--

Doug - great to be in touch again..kiss

Many thanks for the fantastic photos.  Your mirrors look 'ace'... I'm certainly going to re-visit the dilemma of what to do with mine.  Your choice makes this far easier... I love the look..wink

--

Great pics John ! Thanks so much for posting and sharing. Another years happily enjoying your GTS keep driving my friend. 

I won't comment of the beaches though smiley

As always, beautifull pics John, Thanks for sharing and taking the time to upload/post kiss

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Great pics JohnSmiley. Really makes me homesickSmiley. Your lucky with no oil consumption. Mine is using 1L per 4000km which isnt bad I suppose. Probably all the town drivingSmiley

Doug. Those mirrors look fantastic. Especially with the black soft top. Great comboSmiley

John H:
    dreamcar:

Thanks DC - thought of you and SWMBO when we stopped off at Ludlow on the A49...Smiley

Hopefully we will meet up again somewhen in 2013, although holidays uncertain until we know son-in-law's Army posting on his return from Afghanistan next month.....

Your mpg figures pretty close to ours, although we are using approx 1 litre of oil / 1000 miles. Porsche must expect oil consumption with the 997, as for the first time we were given a litre container of Mobil 1 as part of the car's 4 year service as well as Porsche windscreen washer fluid.

--

Accountants are like fire and water, good servants but bad masters.

Great pics, John..

Your car looks great just as it is with the black stone guards, awesome..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

dreamcar:
    Porsche must expect oil consumption with the 997, as for the first time we were given a litre container of Mobil 1 as part of the car's 4 year service as well as Porsche windscreen washer fluid.

Yes, I was given that on taking delivery.... and in a nice leather case to boot!

I'm told there have been cases of OPC's over-filling with oil on services and that, as a precaution, they tend to err on the side of under-fill and provide a 'little extra to take with you'... Smiley

--

throt:

Great pics, John..

Your car looks great just as it is with the black stone guards, awesome..

Thanks Keith... I'm having the mirrors wrapped first to get a closer idea of how they would look if I had the full black paint job that Doug's had done...

The black stone guards are now a no-brainer on light colours, especially white.  I've seen so many clear ones which have yellowed and dirtied.... look really awful!!

--

John H:

The black stone guards are now a no-brainer on light colours, especially white.  I've seen so many clear ones which have yellowed and dirtied.... look really awful!!

Not that I don't like your black stone guards on the White GTS, but for those who prefer the transparent ones, these can  be renewed very easily once they become yellowed after a period of time. They are not glued as such and can be removed with the application of heat from a hairdryer without leaving any damage or  marks to the paint even after a long time The new ones are also applied easily once they are wetted with water and any air bubbles that are trapped inside are removed with light pressure.

--

"Form follows function"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    783457 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    443206 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263598 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262184 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86242 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6070 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881921 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820960 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM