Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

spudgun:

broken heart

Thank god we have speed limits though, with the crappy roads we have here. mail

+1, Always when I have been to Belgium, I am happy to be back in Holland again! funky.png

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

I am in Leipzig to pick up my cayenne, going to the factory in an hour :) but I had the weirdest observation - Panameras look amazing in Germany.  Maybe because other cars are smaller, maybe compared to the design of the other cars that people mostly have here.  Not sure, but they look like an amazing cars in Germany and they look slightly off key in Canada & the US - maybe all the Fords, Hyundais, other ugly big cars make it look cheaper than it is.  

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

BlackSparrow:

I am in Leipzig to pick up my cayenne, going to the factory in an hour :) but I had the weirdest observation - Panameras look amazing in Germany.  Maybe because other cars are smaller, maybe compared to the design of the other cars that people mostly have here.  Not sure, but they look like an amazing cars in Germany and they look slightly off key in Canada & the US - maybe all the Fords, Hyundais, other ugly big cars make it look cheaper than it is.  

Say hello to my car... Smiley Smiley

Many Panamera in Germany have a very sporty configuration, while most Panamera I saw in the US go for a more elegant approach. I've never seen a Panamera in the US with black painted wheels, black front lights or a black exterior package for example.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Blacksparrow, you will love this pickup in Leipzig. We picked up our Cayenne Turbo S there in 2009--quite a special occasion. If you see Guido Majewski, please tell him hello from the family that picked up the Lava Grey Turbo S ( I had met him at Camp 4 in Finland the previous year). Crazy guy on the track--see if you can get him to give you a ride. Enjoy!

spudgun:

broken heart

I thought you may enjoy this photo...taken over 10 years ago (my 996 Turbo RS-Tuning). Smiley

tachsp.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

The experience was crazy.  Wonderbar - another guy completely destroyed my confidence as a driver, I was cutting the corners on the track @ 100kmh but he was saying that it's too slow and not precise haha the pickup went amazing, I will not hijack the thread and will post a more deliberate story in my own thread in a few days :)

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

Hope you enjoyed your Factory Collection experience! It's the best way to do it ... it's truly memorable :)

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

I remember that car and the picture Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):

We were younger then... Smiley Smiley

Smiley

Amazing car at that time, I annihilated almost anything moving on the streets. Smiley

--

Joost:
    spudgun:

broken heart

+1, Always when I have been to Belgium, I am happy to be back in Holland again! funky.png

Because you like to have your speed monitored constantly on endless stretches of straight motorways filled with people with no lane discipline whatsoever? Agreed, you don't have any potholes. Smiley

RC:
    Ron (Houston):

We were younger then... Smiley Smiley

Smiley

Amazing car at that time, I annihilated almost anything moving on the streets. Smiley

Good 'ol times.  Guards Red with mean black rims Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Here we go again: According to my dealer, my car left Leipzig last Tuesday and we actually expected it to arrive Thursday or latest Friday at the dealership. To do my dealer a favor, I left the factory loaner Panamera Turbo Powerkit at the dealership since the truck which brings my car, would take the loaner back to Porsche in Zuffenhausen.

Guess what? My car hasn't arrived yet and I didn't have the loaner for the weekend (which wasn't really a problem because I had to deal with some serious family issues but just saying...).

Now even if my car arrives tomorrow (Monday), my dealer needs at least 5-6 hours (according to him) to prepare the car for delivery.

We suspect now that the car should arrive this Monday or Tuesday but I won't probably be able to pick it up until Wednesday or Thursday. Great. mail

I just hope that the next disappointment won't be the performance part.

Btw: I saw this nice red Panamera GTS at my dealership...it is actually a nicer color than I thought for the Panamera.

Also interesting: The owner of this GTS ordered his car three months after mine. Smiley

1341150402950gts.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Better than I would have expected. But imagine what would happen if someone in a serios business would show up with this car :-)
    Personally I like colorful paintings but still.....
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

It really looks better than I thought but you are right, not really a car color you want your clients or business partners to see you in.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC, Enjoy your long awaited delivery this week. Best of luck with your new Panamera Turbo S...Looking forward to seeing pictures.

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

What about mine RC?  Mine is black on black!!!Smiley 

--

2011 Porsche Carrera 4S Platinum Silver
    2013 Porsche Panamera GTS Basalt Black

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” 
    ― Bob Marley

ag23:

What about mine RC?  Mine is black on black!!!Smiley

Well...I ordered black on black too...do I have to say more? Smiley Smiley

Smiley

--

OK, guys: Finally. My car has arrived at the dealership.

As soon as I have some photos, I will post them.

Unfortunately the dealer doesn't seem to have time to prepare the car immediately, so I'm going to pick it up Wednesday evening. Hopefully. 

It doesn't make sense now to complaint about the dealer but I get the feeling that since the intervention from "above", my dealer is p.ss.d.. Otherwise I can't explain his behaviour because as a business man, if something like that would happen to one of my customers, I would stay in even for the night to get things straight.

I guess I expect too much from my dealer but don't worry, I won't forget. crying

--

Christian,

Finally, it has arrived. Good things come to those who wait. wink

Since the car has arrived finally, will you tell us your delay problem in detail which was probably because of the titan. turbos?

--

ONUR

WAITING FOR THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

What a wait! Let the enjoying of your own car begin...

pride355:

Christian,

Since the car has arrived finally, will you tell us your delay problem in detail which was probably because of the titan. turbos?

OK, my dealer apparently read my mood from my face, so he will provide the delivery tomorrow evening. Finally. Smiley

I am sorry, I can't go into details but my car has undergone some technical modifications which were necessary to allow the delivery before the factory vacation.

Let me put it this way: I have a pretty unique (well...with seven other owners) car.  Smiley

In the end, the bad luck could actually be good luck. Smiley

--

RC:
    pride355:

Christian,

OK, my dealer apparently read my mood from my face, so he will provide the delivery tomorrow evening. Finally. Smiley

I am sorry, I can't go into details but my car has undergone some technical modifications which were necessary to allow the delivery before the factory vacation.

Let me put it this way: I have a pretty unique (well...with seven other owners) car.  Smiley

In the end, the bad luck could actually be good luck. Smiley

--

Great to hear that everything comes to a good end SmileySmileySmiley Many congrats in advance Smiley

Thanks for your moral support over the past couple of weeks, guys. kiss

Here are the photos (sorry for the quality).

ts0.jpg

ts1.jpg

ts2.jpg

Look at the build date...30.04.2012. Ouch.

ts3.jpg

ts4.jpg

ts5.jpg

Made ready for transport on May 16th 2012. Ouch again.

ts6.jpg

--

Wow! Very, very black SmileySmiley

are the wheels black too?

looks great, it makes the car look smaller and prettier cool

MKSGR:

Wow! Very, very black SmileySmiley

Stealth. Smiley

I forgot I ordered the delete option for the model type but now I regret it (since I won't drive it to work anyway).

Maybe I add it again... Smiley

--

RC:

I forgot I ordered the delete option for the model type but now I regret it (since I won't drive it to work anyway).

Maybe I add it again... Smiley

Put Panamera Diesel in chrome Smiley

sfo:

are the wheels black too?

looks great, it makes the car look smaller and prettier cool

Wheels are black and car has PCCB (yellow calipers)...see my Avatar.

--

RC:

Wheels are black and car has PCCB (yellow calipers)...see my Avatar.

so it's best to have "Panamera Diesel" in yellow at the back

Why Panamera Diesel? Since I do not drive the car to work, I don't mind Panamera Turbo S. In black of course. indecision

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803385 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448615 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266193 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90098 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885819 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833433 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM