Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

Number three with carbon..

Wonderbar:
    Number three with carbon..

Yes, this would be a remarkable combo as well.
    Sorry,Wonderbar, I just edited the post to avoid a hijacking of RC's thread. Thanks a lot for your instant answerSmiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Budster:
    RC

Just out of curiosity(if you already ran-in your car): What is your max. boost pressure (no matter at what rev figure)?

I wonder what we might read from that about RC's mysterious motor..?!

BTW - I hope they aren't taking your debit order off your bank account yet..?!

Well...the problem is limited to a certain batch of parts and my car was affected. Smiley

Luckily they caught it on time before my car was shipped. Otherwise, things would have been much more complicated and not very satisfactory for me.

On the bright side, the car should be extraordinary from all points of view. Smiley

I also get to drive a very special car for some time, which is a bonus.

The initial lease payment has been already paid (to the dealer but Porsche already "collected" it from him) because my car was officially on it's way already...(dealer received car documents and I even have a license plate already) Smiley

I don't pay for the Porsche loaner and I already have it for two weeks now but since my car has been already registered, I started to pay insurance for my car sitting in Leipzig. Smiley

Porsche handled the whole thing very well (I wish I could say the same about my dealer in the beginning) but I still have no information on when my car will be ready. 

I also wonder what would happen if those certain parts which are not available, would be needed to fix a car which has been already delivered to customers (for example after an accident)??? Very weird situation.

Since I still have the Porsche factory test car, I shouldn't complaint (by no means Smiley) but it is always good to have your own car at some point. A possible issue for me: I still have to run in my car when it arrives, which is going to be very painful. Another possible issue: I planned a vacation by car in August and if I receive my car shortly before that vacation, I won't really enjoy the drive since I have to run it in first.

The problems could get even more serious since the summer vacations start in Sachsen(Leipzig) around July 20th. Even worse...on June 29th in Rheinland Pfalz, which could be a problem because the parts manufacturer seems to have the production facility there.

Maybe I should wait for the facelift... Smiley (naah...just kidding).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

So in other words, you are getting a facelfted turbo S  Congrats!!!!!  Cant wait to see the pics Smiley

BONES:

So in other words, you are getting a facelfted turbo S  Congrats!!!!!  Cant wait to see the pics Smiley

Smiley SmileySmiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Will we see a top speed pull on the Autobahn ? smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESCQ0VhYGw&feature=g-u-u

BiTurbo:

Will we see a top speed pull on the Autobahn ? smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESCQ0VhYGw&feature=g-u-u

I finally bought a Hero 2 HD cam (Motorsport edition) and I plan to post a couple of movies but I need to figure out first where to actually mount the camera, so it doesn't disturb me or fall off during hard driving. I have no cage on my Panamera, so I need to find a perfect solution.

I did 200 mph (speedo) in the Panamera Turbo PK loaner and it is a piece of cake with this car.

--

I would be very glad to see your vids.Smiley
    Once you've had some experience with your loaner, would you recommend this car without any restriction? Yes, of course I read your posts about this car and it always sounded very excited. Nevertheless, I’m just on holiday and in fairly mindtrouble. heart

The PTS is extremely expensive and it's old technology in many aspects. (sorry to say, just my personal view).
    Would you order this car today again, even if you hadn’t had this package deal with the GTS Cab?

What about the aircondition just now in the hot weather? Are you satisfied with it? (The 997 Turbo isn’t that perfect). What about the consumption in normal, mixed driving?

I would be grateful for any tip or hint about this car.  Thanks a lot in advance. wink

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Yes, even without the Carrera GTS "package deal", I would have chosen the Panamera Turbo S. For me, there is no alternative. If BMW would have offered the new M5 with AWD though...very tempting...especially since BMW always has very attractive lease deals.

Back to topic:

1. The air condition system in the Panamera is very good, no complaints here (or from the rear passengers)

2. I would have loved to have the ventilated seats (had them in an E55 AMG and I loved them) but they aren't available with the sport seats

3. Fuel consumption (average) is around 17 liters / 100 km, mixed driving. Not bad but I don't know how accurate the values of the inboard trip computer are, I never really calculated consumption. Don't expect much less than in your X5M though.

I always hear "old" technology but I can't really see that.

You know that I don't care too much about driver assist systems like adaptive cruise control, which btw. seems to work very well...similar to my C63 AMG Coupe.

The handling, the drive feel...everything says Porsche. I just don't like the steering too much, it is very light and stays that light at very high speeds, which is kind of annoying. On the other hand, it is very easy to handle the car but the drive feel is a little bit less direct than on your 997 Turbo S for example.

The turbo lag is also kind of annoying, in Sport Chrono Plus it is however barely noticeable.

The sunroof is also kind of small for such a huge car and I won't even start complaining about the luggage room.

I would also love to have a larger PCM display but the current one works pretty well, I even connected BT audio via the iPhone and it works pretty well.

It is no secret that the facelift is coming, soon. Early next year or latest middle of next year. On the other hand, I don't know if a Turbo S will be available again since Porsche may not have enough time to put it on the market due to the rumored early introduction of the next generation in 2015.

I feel your pain but I really love the Panamera.

Why don't you take one on a ride...again...for a weekend?

--

Thanks a lot for your fast answer!! The thing is I can't wait 1 or 2 weeks when I'm back at home for a Panamera ride over a weekend. I must decide the next 2 days!!!!
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Conny997:
    Thanks a lot for your fast answer!! The thing is I can't wait 1 or 2 weeks when I'm back at home for a Panamera ride over a weekend. I must decide the next 2 days!!!!

The only downside of the current Panamera is that the facelift could look much better and/or could offer substantially more power and a better performance.

In my opinion, the facelift will look better, no doubt about it but since the Panamera is successful, Porsche won't make the mistake to anger current owners/drivers by changing the design completely. The base design is still the same, the front lights will look slightly different indeed but the rear may not get the radical facelift many have hoped for.

Engines? Well...here is the problem: Latest rumor was 520-530 hp for the Turbo. So if they put another Turbo S on the market, it should deliver 570-580 hp.

Have you thought about that factory car with powerkit I suggested? Smiley

--

RC:
    I have no cage on my Panamera...

Really now Smiley

--
    Off enjoying my car...

TEE:
    RC:
    I have no cage on my Panamera...

Really now Smiley

I forgot the Smiley...sorry. Smiley

--

RC - Enjoy the Hero camera.  that is what I used recently to do my 19 hour time laps trip from Montreal to KC.  It can be a bit cumbersome to use the menu system (compared to iPhone logc, lol) but it is very easy once you understand the choices.  I had to mount the camera on the outside of the case because I needed power for 19 hours and you can not get power to the camera while it is inside the case.  Let me know if you have any questions about it.  I would mount it to the glass using sucction.  It will not fall off.

Leawood911:

RC - Enjoy the Hero camera.  that is what I used recently to do my 19 hour time laps trip from Montreal to KC.  It can be a bit cumbersome to use the menu system (compared to iPhone logc, lol) but it is very easy once you understand the choices.  I had to mount the camera on the outside of the case because I needed power for 19 hours and you can not get power to the camera while it is inside the case.  Let me know if you have any questions about it.  I would mount it to the glass using sucction.  It will not fall off.

Thanks for the offer... Smiley

I need to find a solution to take videos of the speedo cluster too...not easy.

--

Best would be to mount a garmin GPS or something like that in the line of sight - more accurate than the speedo as well.  In my case I would not want the evidence - you have no speed limit, I do.

Get a SmartyCam.

pierre:

Get a SmartyCam.

Yes, the SmartyCam is great but according to the infos I had a couple of weeks ago, it is not compatible with the Panamera Turbo S. Not that I would really need the telemetry data for a sedan but it would have been fun. Smiley

--

I have some news: Latest July 2nd, I should have my Turbo S.

My car should be ready next week Wednesday.

The problem has been fixed but in a very unconventional but (for me) hopefully convenient way.

No new Turbo S will be manufactured before the factory vacation though, only the remaining cars (not many) will be finished and/or delivered to customers.

Can't wait to get it... Smiley

--

So exciting for you and all your Rennteam friends!

...hurry up for the 4th of July celebration...SmileyWe are all waiting for your "street" review. Smiley As soon, as you taste it, please, share  comparison against possible "street" opponents.... Smiley

RC:
    pierre:

Get a SmartyCam.

Yes, the SmartyCam is great but according to the infos I had a couple of weeks ago, it is not compatible with the Panamera Turbo S. Not that I would really need the telemetry data for a sedan but it would have been fun. Smiley

Even if not compatible (yet), it features a built-in GPS, accelerometer, etc. And it generates the overlay on the fly.

ozr:

...hurry up for the 4th of July celebration...SmileyWe are all waiting for your "street" review. Smiley As soon, as you taste it, please, share  comparison against possible "street" opponents.... Smiley

I have to run it in first and I'm afraid it wouldn't be a fair fight. Smiley

Porsche has gone a very long way in dealing with the issues and all owners (8 cars or so?) affected by the delay are lucky bastards.

Just saying... Smiley Smiley

--

pierre:
    RC:
    pierre:

Get a SmartyCam.

Even if not compatible (yet), it features a built-in GPS, accelerometer, etc. And it generates the overlay on the fly.

Good to know, I will look into it again. Thanks. Smiley

--

Test data (PerformanceBox with external GPS antenna) of my Panamera Turbo PK loaner(three runs average on first two, only one run on 0-300 kph):

0-100 kph in 3.8 seconds  (one run showed 3.7 seconds, the other two 3.8 seconds).

0-200 kph in 11.8 seconds (two 11.8 runs, one 11.9 run)

0-300 kph in 39.3 seconds (pretty impressive)

At GPS measured 300 kph, the speedo showed 314 kph.

Later on, for comparison, I tried the same in my C63 AMG Coupe PP:

0-100 kph in 4.4 seconds (one run was 4.3 seconds, one 4.5 and the other one 4.4)

0-200 kph in 13.5 seconds (best run was 13.4 seconds)

Worth mentioning: Both cars had a full fuel tank and I had a passenger onboard (+ 30 kg).

Update (forgot to mention): On both cars, I used the auto mode, launch control and the sportiest setting (Sport Plus on the Panamera and S+ and Sport Handling Mode on the C63 AMG).

--

The Panamera loaner is in a pretty good condition, particularly the 0-200 kph run.
    Would be interesting to measure the PTS after the break in.

The C63 has reached exactly the date as claimed by Mercedes so far as I remember.
    I think your passenger has had a lot of fun this Sunday.indecision

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

I didn't realize how good the Panamera is at higher speeds until I drove the C63 afterwards. I like the steering of the C63 more, it doesn't feel as light and sensitive but oh boy, at 280 kph, the whole C63 is trembling while the Panamera feels like a train on rails even at over 300 kph. Pretty impressive.

The 0-100 kph runs on the C63 were also difficult at first, I had to warm up the tires. First run was...5.0 seconds. Ouch. There was way too much slip.

I actually did these runs to have a comparison with my car, when it arrives. You know why...

--

Worth mentioning: Both cars had a full fuel tank and I had a passenger onboard (+ 30 kg).

V-maxing with a kid onboard or was it just a fat dog? Smiley

And here we go again...

You are from Belgium...you can't understand (speed limit).

--

broken heart

Thank god we have speed limits though, with the crappy roads we have here. mail

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803486 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448631 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266212 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90115 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6662 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885872 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833491 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM