Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Nordschleife 7.49

it's offical..

The 997 TT covers the Ring in 7.49!!!

impressive...

Re: Nordschleife 7.49

tip or manual??
    Where did you get the info?

who was the driver?

LSD on the car (if manual)?

the Z06 crowd will have a field day with that number - Chevy claims 7.42

Where did you get this info from?

wow ,excellent figure ,i was expecting a little bit better tough . the faqct that the vette is faster on this track is annoying me..

Even if the Z06 lap is a flying lap and you add 5 seconds to make up for the lack of a standing start it's a great victory for the Z06!!

If this is true it's very embarrassing for Porsche. To lose in a straight line is one thing but to lose on the track that Porsche design their cars for is nothing short of a complete annihilation. Especially since it's their flagship model which has just been released!!

Quote:
    guy2 said:
    who was the driver?

If this is true there can only be one driver..Von Saurma. To my knowledge Porshe does not quote Official Ring times. However, they give cars to their lackey's and allow them to pronounce "official Ring times". Von Saurma is on top of the list. However, I suspect Porsche may not be happy with the number unless Von Saurma get his hands on a Z06 and brings it in over 7:50 which is more than likely.

here's one source for the Z06 time

http://www.motortrend.com/features/consumer/112_0509_z06track/index1.html

Is it true? Vette forums claim its an unmodified Z06 on street tires. Who knows, but I'm sure they'll be lots of turbo v. Z06 articles pretty soon

Re: here's one source for the Z06 time

Don't forget that there will a Turbo S.

Very disappointing time. Not much better than my 997S reported time. No good reason for a 997 owner to upgrade.

How does this compare with a 997S X51? I don't remember seeing an X51 time?

Quote:
    luwalira said:

With the price of 3 Z06.

I seriously doubt it that the number 7:49 is correct.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:

With the price of 3 Z06.

I think it's a reasonable number (7 sec better than 996TT)

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:

With the price of 3 Z06.

Good call Grant , 7 secs is large..

throt..

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:

With the price of 3 Z06.

Also, probably driven by a journalist, not by a race car driver, who drives Porsches for a living. The Corvette probably isn't any faster than a 997TT on the Ring, vinnie. A 7:42.9 time plus roughly five seconds and accounting for the driver, they should about level out.

Z06 was a pre-production car and not officially timed. Don't want to start any new discussion, so no posts claiming the Z06 is the best of the world please (here at least)

7:49 is a very good time, but I am sure 997TT will match 996 GT2 time we will have to wait some months for a real test.

there was a special presentation of the 997 tt at the porsche factory yesterday called "von null auf" - during the presentation they told us the time of 7.49. Don't know if tip or manual?? it was a great event..

RC mentioned this event a few weeks ago!

Why do people use the 7:43 Z06 lap time for comparison purposes? its a factory rigged informertial people, a move from GM's marketting department for the masses that are clueless about the n'ring. Lets be a little smarter than the masses...

We need to wait for the Sportauto test to arrive to any conclusions about that, the Z06 will likely not drop bellow 7:50 on an independant test with standard testing procedure (no suspension tweaking, no undisclosed tires, no flying lap, no prof-racecar driver, etc). Factory claims for the base C6 were 7:59, and turns out that even with the Z-51 sport suspension package it only achieved 8:16

As to the 997TT, 7:49 would be a good time, but who was the driver? what is a factory or independant test?, what were the track conditions that day?, what tires were used? was it a full lap? etc.. until we know all this, its a useless piece of data.

Gallardo's Sportauto test lap time is 7:50 (we know the F430 was no were close and a Z06 does not look like it will drop bellow 7:50), so the 997TT better achieve a time bellow the Gallardo's 7:50 which is the benchmark right now, otherwise it would be a disapointment IMO.

This time (nor the Z06 time) still hasn't been substantiated...to me it is mere speculation ?

Enough with this shallow anguish don't you think?

So WHAT do you ultimately care about here??

You have great car(s) and don't or can't you enjoy them?

And car X driven by professional driver "beats" your favourite car Y... so what?

Just YOU take YOUR car and drive it and have fun.. if you are able to get professional times AND you're racing a mate at the same time AND he beats you then wouldn't you STILL share a joke and had a great time?

If some ring time by your non-favoured car is sooooo eating you then please SELL your car and go into rehab..

Sorry for harsh comments but some need a real reality check.

Just go out and enjoy yourself.. :-)

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Factory claims for the base C6 were 7:59, and turns out that even with the Z-51 sport suspension package it only achieved 8:16

It also turns out, Von Somra only managed to produde a 0-60mph time of 5.2 sec., while every other mag did it in the mid 4s. Even staff writers at Road and Track beat Von Surma. It should raise some eyebrows regarding his credibility.

So, why are Europeans so fixated with SportAuto? Von Surma is a puppet. Porsche has been pulling his strings for years.

Re: Enough with this shallow anguish don't you think?

Quote:
    alexm said:

And car X driven by professional driver "beats" your favourite car Y... so what?

Just YOU take YOUR car and drive it and have fun.. if you are able to get professional times AND you're racing a mate at the same time AND he beats you then wouldn't you STILL share a joke and had a great time?

If some ring time by your non-favoured car is sooooo eating you then please SELL your car and go into rehab..

Ring times are the best aproximation of the real performance of a sporcar in the real world, beyond boy-racer straight-line acceleration tests or useless skipad measurements. Its a matter of what you care about in a sportcar. Need I go on elaborating further?

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Factory claims for the base C6 were 7:59, and turns out that even with the Z-51 sport suspension package it only achieved 8:16

It also turns out, Von Somra only managed to produde a 0-60mph time of 5.2 sec., while every other mag did it in the mid 4s. Even staff writers at Road and Track beat Von Surma. It should raise some eyebrows regarding his credibility.

So, why are Europeans so fixated with SportAuto? Von Surma is a puppet. Porsche has been pulling his strings for years.

Yes, objective track testing is always a thorn for people like you ... don't play the "if you can't win by the rules, lets shoot down the credibility of the rules" game, we are much too versed on "the rules" and the Ring for your sake...

BTW, as to the difference between acceleration times, let me give you a hint: Saurma (not Somra) does not produce 0-60mph times! (nor does he use powershifting)

Re: Enough with this shallow anguish don't you think?

Quote:
    alexm said:

My thoughts exactly

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Yes, objective track testing is always a thorn for people like you ... don't play the "if you can't win by the rules, lets shoot down the credibility of the rules" game, we are much too versed on "the rules" and the Ring for your sake...

BTW, as to the difference between acceleration times, let me give you a hint: Saurma (not Somra) does not produce 0-60mph times! (nor does he use powershifting)

Yes, you use the metric system, nevertheless, a pathetic result from a supposed pro driver.

But, really, who cares anymore about ring time? We already know the result as long as Von Surma is driving.

Turbo v. Zo6? Porsche wins every time. Even the Gt3 will beat the Zo6. Porsche wouldn't allow Sport Auto to print it any other way.

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Yes, you use the metric system, nevertheless, a pathetic result from a supposed pro driver.

But, really, who cares anymore about ring time? We already know the result as long as Von Surma is driving.

Turbo v. Zo6? Porsche wins every time. Even the Gt3 will beat the Zo6. Porsche wouldn't allow Sport Auto to print it any other way.

Exactly!
    Why would they let Sport Auto lie and say that the Z06 is faster?

Oh great, here we ago again with that unsubstantiated myth about V.S. and Sport Auto being in Porsche's hip pocket...

Yeah, right, if that was true do you really think V.S. would only get 5.2s for the S 0 to 60?

I think Alex M. said it well, we are talking about a bunch of great cars here. If a luxurious GT turning a 'Ring time of 7:49 is a real "dissappointment" or "failure" or whatever, forget these cars and go get something else.

Z06 was a pre-production car and not officially timed. Don't want to start any new discussion, so no posts claiming the Z06 is the best of the world please (here at least)

Why the hate for the Corvette? Are you guys that insecure? Give GM some credit, or are you guys a bunch of Euro bent American haters? That's what its beginning to sound like.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM