Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari F70 mule spied! (So much less camouflage)

crayphile:
    Futch:
    crayphile:

No. The pictures have failed to convince me, appart from its size which seems to be very compact. But twin turbo V8 doesn't stir my blood as much as a high revving V12. And I mean, very very high revving!Smiley

I know what you mean  - there is something special about that V12 music. I wasn't taken by the P1 photos either, but it has real presence in the metal ( or should that be carbon Smiley )  when you see it, and the back in a particular is far far better in person than in photos.

Argh, don't tempt me!Smiley To be honest, these modern supercar are worth an incredible amount of dosh and one is enough, which is why first, it was the 918 because I'm a porsche person. Then I see the Ferrari and it's a done deal, I think people will understand why. The Mclaren I am sure will be epic and more of a direct competitor to the Ferrari than the 918 but I'm not sure, can't put the right words on it but so far somehow, it has failed to excite me. For me, the real Mclaren supercar is the F1 anyway. 

And I'm attached to Ferrari too, I race in a 458, I have a 288 and F40 in my garage amongst other ones, I've owned a 599, Scuderia, it's a special brand to me. I don't love everything they do but when they get it right, they really nail it. The F40 is 25 years old and it's still an epic drive, the 288 is even older and it's still so elegant nowadays.

Its incredible that everyone who saw car wanted to keep details for unveiling! I can see that as one more way of admiration for Ferrari & great job that they have made with F70. If I am reading between lines correctly, we can expect official press photos very soon :) 

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com
    My renders are free for using & sharing, as long as my credits are untouched.

With all the cars you own and your knowledge of cars, for Ferrari to knock your socks off with the F70 prompting you to order one on the spot says all I need to know about the car. It will be the mother of all super cars for the foreseeable future. Congratulations and very envious!

--

Thanks Futch  . The car must indeed be epic . Looking forward to see it in Geneva.

I am a bit sad that you have dropped the 918 , as it is a very special project, but I understand your motives .

I would probably do the same in your shoes, as the 918 could well be another 959 .  The 918 is gorgeous , but too heavy , too '' hybrid' maybe , and will probably not keep his value.

You seem very excited about the F  and that is great. Looking forward to follow up your purchase 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Congratulations Futch,

it is exciting reading your opinion about the new f70, and since I have friends working there, it is so respectfull from you not revieling the information, well done and this is the way a gentleman act! As we say here in Italy, "it gives you honor!!"

regarding the car it must really be something special, everybody says so.

so it will just take less than 30 days to see that beast!!

congratulations .....

--

993 c2

Futch:

Just back from the presentation. Very impressive car, so aggressive, brutal, the front is very single seater inspired, the back is just epic!

The numbers on the internet are pretty accurate and the world will find out very very soon anyway.

As you all know, I am a Porsche lover but this, this is something else. The integration of the hybrid system is extremely smart and the active aerodynamics impossibly cool, I love the rear spoiler, very smart design.

The cabin is very space age, driver interface ultra modern and another step forward from the current range, there are some very cool toys on the steering wheel but I don't want to spoil the surprise. As stated on the Ferrari website, there are no more seat, but bolsters straight on the chassis with adjustable pedal box and steering wheel, the driving position is perfect. Cabin is snug, once you're in place, there's not much space but everything is definitely focused on the driving. Some options available, but at no extra cost (take note Porsche!).

I am cancelling the 918 Spyder with immediate effect, my F150 (name to be revealed publicly soon) will be black (paint + carbon) with standard colored wheel (Wheels design BTW is simple and elegant and very glad Ferrari hasn't gone silly with rim sizes).

Can't wait for 2014. The best part of the day was discussing with the people behind the project. All nationalities, three years of hard work, passionate engineers, designers, and some french guys behind the design, bravo messieurs!Smiley

I am not a fan of the Enzo style wise, but this, this is sick. it's not elegant in the way the 918 Spyder can be, it's just raw and mean. I really think this car will be a huge success.

The 0 to 200 kmh figure is sick and the Nordschleife laptime hardly believable, all this with spectacular emission figures for such power. The weight achieved is a triumph of engineering.

PS: None of the rendering I've seen so far on the internet are very close to the final product. They showed some clips of the car lapping Fiorano, the noise is gorgeous.

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Congratulations Futch! Considering your experience in cars, even dropping 918, new Enzo is going to be really great car.

Anyway I hope that 918 will be able to compete with f70/p1smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

kudryavchik:

Congratulations Futch! Considering your experience in cars, even dropping 918, new Enzo is going to be really great car.

On a single lap, like the nurburgring for example, I am sure it will Smiley

Futch:
    kudryavchik:

On a single lap, like the nurburgring for example, I am sure it will Smiley

Some new info about 918? Or they keep silence?

--

sportcars-history.com

Porsche has been promoting 918 Spyder for more than 1 year. Showing the car to the public, inviting the car journalist to have a ride in the car etc. and there is still at least 1 year to go for the deliveries. 

On the other hand, Ferrari is still keeping the secret about F70 evenif  they will present the car to the public very soon. We even didn't know the "name" of the car, so far.

This shows 2 different approaches of the super car makers about how they present their "hyper" cars. I can't decide which one is better but I have high praises for Ferrari. smiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Futch:

Just back from the presentation. Very impressive car, so aggressive, brutal, the front is very single seater inspired, the back is just epic!

The numbers on the internet are pretty accurate and the world will find out very very soon anyway.

As you all know, I am a Porsche lover but this, this is something else. The integration of the hybrid system is extremely smart and the active aerodynamics impossibly cool, I love the rear spoiler, very smart design.

The cabin is very space age, driver interface ultra modern and another step forward from the current range, there are some very cool toys on the steering wheel but I don't want to spoil the surprise. As stated on the Ferrari website, there are no more seat, but bolsters straight on the chassis with adjustable pedal box and steering wheel, the driving position is perfect. Cabin is snug, once you're in place, there's not much space but everything is definitely focused on the driving. Some options available, but at no extra cost (take note Porsche!).

I am cancelling the 918 Spyder with immediate effect, my F150 (name to be revealed publicly soon) will be black (paint + carbon) with standard colored wheel (Wheels design BTW is simple and elegant and very glad Ferrari hasn't gone silly with rim sizes).

Can't wait for 2014. The best part of the day was discussing with the people behind the project. All nationalities, three years of hard work, passionate engineers, designers, and some french guys behind the design, bravo messieurs!Smiley

I am not a fan of the Enzo style wise, but this, this is sick. it's not elegant in the way the 918 Spyder can be, it's just raw and mean. I really think this car will be a huge success.

The 0 to 200 kmh figure is sick and the Nordschleife laptime hardly believable, all this with spectacular emission figures for such power. The weight achieved is a triumph of engineering.

PS: None of the rendering I've seen so far on the internet are very close to the final product. They showed some clips of the car lapping Fiorano, the noise is gorgeous.

Many congrats Smiley This is clearly a very, very good decision Smiley

P.S.: Great color as well 

Congrats ! WOW.....is all I can say - another incredible add - not that we haven't said you will take the plunge before the event already....indecision. So when is that "open garage date" again smiley a true "connoisseur" collection kiss

Congrats Futch on your new purchase, is the F150 as dramatic as the Hyuara or completely eccentric ??

I'm sure you made the right choice by dropping the Pcar order since you have seen both cars in the flesh or metal rather Smiley

Congrats, I myself am a Ferrari fan, so I know what I would have picked.. But comming from you it must mean it really is worh all the hypee...

I mean there was this much hype even before the enzo came out and when it did, I wasn't that impressed expecialy compared to the competitiona aka CGT..

WIll Porsche even be able to sell 918 of them at those prices (and those highwayman option prices)..

Italo:

Congrats Futch on your new purchase, is the F150 as dramatic as the Hyuara or completely eccentric ??

I'm sure you made the right choice by dropping the Pcar order since you have seen both cars in the flesh or metal ratheSmiley

I didn't find it eccentric, dramatic yes. There is some 330 P4 in there, imo, it's the best historical reference one could use. And yet, it's not retro at all.

Soon...

mojeIme:

Congrats, I myself am a Ferrari fan, so I know what I would have picked.. But comming from you it must mean it really is worh all the hypee...

I mean there was this much hype even before the enzo came out and when it did, I wasn't that impressed expecialy compared to the competitiona aka CGT..

WIll Porsche even be able to sell 918 of them at those prices (and those highwayman option prices)..

The 918 will attract a different kind of costumer I think. At the moment the rumors is that they have about half of the 918 cars accounted for. Not great. But hopefully, once the first cars are delivered and the first reviews are excellent, the orders will keep in coming.

However, Porsche has made a mistake on the options list. This is not a Boxster or a Cayenne. Charging for the front lifter is unacceptable. Charging for a quickcharge 20,000 euros is unacceptable, especially since it's actually the purpose of the car!

I am not sure that someone mentioned this, but if you are close to Maranello or you passing by, you can see F70 unveiling in Ferrari Museum too.  I am sad that Ive already planned my visit to Ferrari/Pagani/lambo in June so I am not able to visit museum in March! 

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com

Congrats Futch! Smiley

F70 promise to be a very good car.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Have they priced the car and if so did they require a non or refundable deposit? 

--

Futch strikes again! angel

Congrats mate, if history is anything to go I think it's the wiser decision both financially and from a drivers' perspective, to go for the Ferrari instead of the 918.

If Futch decided to go after F70, I assume that F70 price is not that high like some rumors stated (1.2mil Euros + tax)

--

Milanno:

If Futch decided to go after F70, I assume that F70 price is not that high like some rumors stated (1.2mil Euros + tax)

918 Spyder fully loaded is 900k euros VAT included. The F150 is substantially more expensive ( approx >30% more).

But also, a lot less cars (approx 500), more power, less weight (not quite 30% but not far).

So overall, not a shocking proposition. It is approx on par with a Pagani Hauyra for example (less power and more weight than the Ferrari but also less cars, probably 200 to 300 over the life of the model).

It's difficult to apply reasonnable metrics to supercars but you get the idea.

Porsche is just becoming a mass car manufacturer incapable of keeping the dream alive at the top. All you hear about the 918 is people canceling their order, especially when they thought the price was going to be closer to 500k...

After owning many several Porsches and now two Ferraris, the italians just get it right.

Futch, other than an F1 car or an FXX, this is IMHO the most exciting and best addition to the Rennteam stable! Can't wait really... Cheers!!!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Milanno:

Additional questions: 
    - Is it smaller than Enzo?
    - Do you have more than 3 colors available (maybe Tailor program)? 
    - Have you seen any resemblance in interior with 458/FF/F12?
    - Do you have that magical KERS button on steering wheel :)

- The press have already confirmed it rides on the same wheelbase as the Enzo, but dimensionally, the body is shorter and more compact. To me, this is a good thing. It seemed as if the after the F40, the Hyper Car range was beginning to suffer from model bloat, although I am curious to see how they fit both a V12 and all the KERS electronics and motors in a smaller package while managing the cooling demands.

- I wouldn't expect much. Ferrari's top tier hyper car has also served as a primer of the design direction the rest of the brand will take in the near future.

@ Futch, Congratulations on being one of the few fortunate souls on this Earth to be able to have seen the car, let alone allowed to put a deposit down and own one.

I would only add that black, as you know, is the most difficult paint color to maintain. Every chip, mar, scratch, dust, dirt, and ding in the clear coat shows up with enhanced visibility. Until chemists figure out how to create self healing paint and clear coat with a Teflon additive, I have personally sworn off black colored vehicles.

I was wonderging if the following question could be answered by Futch: Does the F150 have a big retractable rear wing, line the McLaren P1 does?

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:

I was wonderging if the following question could be answered by Futch: Does the F150 have a big retractable rear wing, line the McLaren P1 does?

No, it's much more subtle and elegant. I really don't want to reveal how it works, but when I saw it in action, I thought, waoh, this is cool and smart, I wonder why anyone hasn't done that before!!!

Now downforce wise, I don't know how it will compare to the P1, the spoiler is smaller, but because of its implementation, not necessarily less efficient, you will understand when you see it and also because it is not the only thing moving, the active aerodynamics are pretty spectacular.Smiley

Okay, thanks a lot for the prompt reply Futch! I just hope that the F150 will produce similar downforce to the P1; perhaps via ground effects. I cannot imagine Ferrari letting itself being beaten around racing tracks!

Congrats once again mate!!! Stunning acquisition! 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

@Futch Thanx for clearing my doubts about price. However, I am now even more amazed by Ferrari, because their F70 costs more in comparison with 918, and again you decided to go after their model! Btw. Heist made great point about black color, since you stated that you would like to drive F70 pretty often.

--

Congratulations on the purchase!

Has anyone noticed a little detail on a P1 press photo6507535031915591893.jpgThose look like slicks to me

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689603 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409250 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255756 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235001 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4648 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858008 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774061 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM