Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari F70 mule spied! (So much less camouflage)

Futch:
    kudryavchik:
    Boyko23:

Futch,

do you expect surprises from Porsche, regarding 918's weight and final power? Any inside info?

Sorry that I enter your discussion. In October Mattias Muller told about sub 7 minutes time for Nurburgring, so we should expect some changes in a better way. 

Yes I think sub 7 min could be possible, very ambitious but possible. If that is the case, that is just amazing!

The figures I have have been public for quite some time: > 795 hp for 1665 kgs kerb (weissach package with no radio and no aircon which is a bit silly for a useable supercar imo).

Thank you!

And last: when is the next scheduled 918 event with possible news?

Boyko23:
    Futch:
    kudryavchik:
    Boyko23:

Futch,

do you expect surprises from Porsche, regarding 918's weight and final power? Any inside info?

Sorry that I enter your discussion. In October Mattias Muller told about sub 7 minutes time for Nurburgring, so we should expect some changes in a better way. 

Yes I think sub 7 min could be possible, very ambitious but possible. If that is the case, that is just amazing!

The figures I have have been public for quite some time: > 795 hp for 1665 kgs kerb (weissach package with no radio and no aircon which is a bit silly for a useable supercar imo).

Thank you!

And last: when is the next scheduled 918 event with possible news?

The next 918 event I don't know. I've been invited to convert my interest into a proper car order with options configuration and build date, but I received a nice phonecall from Maranello for a special viewing planned in the next 10 days. Smiley

More details soon.

....sold  smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

A bit too "nervous" my taste...the design of course.

In my opinion, Porsche made a mistake by adapting the hybrid technology for the 918. Yes, it may give them some leverage in "green" sports car technology, at least from a marketing point of view but on the other hand, without the hybrid technology, the weight of the 918 would be closer to 1500 kg and not 1700 kg. I also think that the power could have been achieved in a more conventional way too.

Judging by the new F12 and it's amazing power/performance/price ratio, I'm afraid Porsche could kind of loose the power/performance battle here vs. the new 150/70...I just hope I am wrong.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

I have the feeling, that this time Mr. Piech will have the last word, after seeing the F150 in Geneva... smiley

Think it this way: until now even the conventional powerplant of 918 was too conservative IMO. Not talking about the hybrid stuff. And everywhere we see "less than"/"more than"... yes

I still hope that on they day of 918 unveiling we will be surprised with tech figures. 

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com
    My renders are free for using & sharing, as long as my credits are untouched.

RC:

A bit too "nervous" my taste...the design of course.

In my opinion, Porsche made a mistake by adapting the hybrid technology for the 918. Yes, it may give them some leverage in "green" sports car technology, at least from a marketing point of view but on the other hand, without the hybrid technology, the weight of the 918 would be closer to 1500 kg and not 1700 kg. I also think that the power could have been achieved in a more conventional way too.

Judging by the new F12 and it's amazing power/performance/price ratio, I'm afraid Porsche could kind of loose the power/performance battle here vs. the new 150/70...I just hope I am wrong.

Two different cars but I agree with you RC, in terms of power/performance/price, the Ferrari will have more appeal. The true competitor would be the P1 I guess. The 918 really is Porsche's own interpretation of the 21st century supercar, they lead the way and give a glimpse of what future sports car will be like, not necessarily what today's buyers of supercars expect for their money, yes it's amazing to do 3 L/100km, 25km in full electric and lap the nurburgring in 7min but for a similar price, I suppose potential costumers want more power and less weight.

You nailed it, the 918 is amazing but without those 300 kg of battery and electric tech, what would it have been like?

A faster Carrera GT? I don't know.

Mclaren and Ferrari took a different approach on hybrid technology, a much more sporty one. I am very curious to find out how the electric power is delivered in the Ferrari, since it looks like it is not carrying so much battery weight.

Hybrid + Supercar ? I think I'll pass on this era's battery powered Supercars yes

Boyko23:

I have the feeling, that this time Mr. Piech will have the last word, after seeing the F150 in Geneva... smiley

Think it this way: until now even the conventional powerplant of 918 was too conservative IMO. Not talking about the hybrid stuff. And everywhere we see "less than"/"more than"... yes

Will fire Mattias Muller and some lead engineers/will talk about more power than competition and space tech = 918 will be the fastest one?/Will buy Ferrari brand?Smiley

--

sportcars-history.com

If it's anything like this, it's a race to the bottom regarding function over form ugliness  , vs the P1.

And people said the P1 was ugly Smiley .  I suspect (hope)  this is a photoshop - the teaser photos promised much better.

Definitely a PS but the general shape is quite nice, very low and sleek. this profile reminds me of a modern interpretation of the 917, or even better, the 908 long tail, so far, I prefer this design language to the Enzo's, curves vs edges.

The details though are a bit fussy that's true, I'm sure they're there for a reason but it certainly looks busy, like the P1.

Are you considering switching your order from the 918 to the F70 or whatever Ferrari decides to name it?Smiley If so, you need to exert some early pressure because they are building only 499. I bring this up because a neighbor has been owning Ferrari's for 30 years and was considered a premier client and when the Enzo was announced he initially was turned down. He had to pull a lot of strings to get Ferrari to reverse their decision.

--

Guys photo that MKW posted is Photoshop, bad Photoshop. If you take coloser looks you could see that rear side part dont match with teasers that showed rear part.

Futch I bet that you have sweet torture regarding what to take...918, P1 or F70!

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com

nberry:

Are you considering switching your order from the 918 to the F70 or whatever Ferrari decides to name it?Smiley If so, you need to exert some early pressure because they are building only 499. I bring this up because a neighbor has been owning Ferrari's for 30 years and was considered a premier client and when the Enzo was announced he initially was turned down. He had to pull a lot of strings to get Ferrari to reverse their decision.

--

If I fall for the car yes definitely, of the two it is the most expensive but also imho the safest in terms of investment. I could be wrong of course, but my prediction is that the 918 will drop to 500 to 700k euros within one or two years whereas the Ferrari shouldn't go below the 1m eur mark and who knows, might even be stable or increase! But that's pure speculation.  I will be in Maranello in a few days to see the car in person and if I like it, yes I will sign and cancel the 918 immediately as owning two brand new supercars is silly. Considering the way Porsche has treated me lately with the Cayenne, this shouldn't really be a surprise to them.

PS: Funnily enough you know, when Ferrari invited me to preview the car, they knew of my collection especially the 288 GTO and the F40 but it's actually the GTR they were in awe about! Which one? did it do Le Mans? Is it road legal? pictures please! It is refleshingly pleasing to see that, at the end of the day, some petrolheads are still pulling some strings in those big firms.Smiley

Futch if I am informed good, all buyers of F70 will sign contract with Ferrari. That contract dont allow owner to sell car on market for 2 years. Instead, in those 2 years Ferrari is first buyer, and they will offer you original price for your car. So for next 2 years F70 will be circualting only between first buyers and Ferrari for original price. So I assume that after 2 years F70 will have crazy high price.

--

Milanno:

Futch if I am informed good, all buyers of F70 will sign contract with Ferrari. That contract dont allow owner to sell car on market for 2 years. Instead, in those 2 years Ferrari is first buyer, and they will offer you original price for your car. So for next 2 years F70 will be circualting only between first buyers and Ferrari for original price. So I assume that after 2 years F70 will have crazy high price.

This is a brilliant strategy from Ferrari, this brand is really on another league compared to Porsche, I don´t even put them at the same level! One has almost become  a mass production brand while the other is trying to build passion on wheels for car petrol heads, even if they failed in some cases, they are trying.

J.Seven

J.Seven:
    Milanno:

This is a brilliant strategy from Ferrari, this brand is really on another league compared to Porsche, I don´t even put them at the same level! One has almost become  a mass production brand while the other is trying to build passion on wheels for car petrol heads, even if they failed in some cases, they are trying.

J.Seven

IMO?

--

sportcars-history.com

@J.Seven That is what I said first time I got that information.

--

I don't believe this is a new policy. I think they have done it before on past Ferrari's.

Francois, in another thread I wrote how we no longer have privacy. It does not surprise me Ferrari has a dossier on you. They would be crazy not to have one. You are one of the most intelligent and experienced car owners on the planet.

It would be quite a coup if Ferrari was able to wrestle you away from Porsche.

My feeling with the 918 is though it is a super car it primarily is the harbinger of what Porsches in the future will become (reminds me of another limited production Porsche in the 80"s?Smiley). The car at least in my opinion was built for future Porsches. Sort of an experimental rolling laboratory.

The F70 is built to be the ultimate super car of now. With its very limited production the car certainly will appreciate.

FWIW, I recall seeing a video of a young man and his wife purchasing a used F1 in London (?) for about 1.5 million dollars many years ago. Once he signed the papers they went for a ride. Today that car probably is worth double if not more.

--

Hybrid is a flawed technology to start with. I don't see the point of a hybrid supercar. But no one can do an electric super car yet. Ferrari is right, once again. 

Not quite production vehicle but there is an electric supercar

http://www.rimac-automobili.com/concept_one/specifications-10

Also there is Mercedes SLS electric something  which is little less super and a lot more finished product

Futch:
    PS: Funnily enough you know, when Ferrari invited me to preview the car, they knew of my collection especially the 288 GTO and the F40 but it's actually the GTR they were in awe about! Which one? did it do Le Mans? Is it road legal? pictures please! It is refleshingly pleasing to see that, at the end of the day, some petrolheads are still pulling some strings in those big firms.Smiley

Smiley

That, is the best compliment ever for a car. Engineers and petrolheads knows a masterpiece when they see one. You have a great Ferrari collections but as Ferrari employees they have probably seen every single Ferrari creations, so whatever Ferrari you have they have seen it or even work on it. 

McLaren F1 can never be replicated, even the P1 is not even close in engineering sense. Look at the packaging, 3 adults plus luggage, in a car that's actually smaller in foot print than the MP4-12C that only seats 2. 

Futch:

Definitely a PS but the general shape is quite nice, very low and sleek. this profile reminds me of a modern interpretation of the 917, or even better, the 908 long tail, so far, I prefer this design language to the Enzo's, curves vs edges.

The details though are a bit fussy that's true, I'm sure they're there for a reason but it certainly looks busy, like the P1.

As Futch said, of course this is a photoshop. But from someone who has already seen the car, it should come very close to the real thing. Rear is said to be almost accurate, side profile will be even more extreme in the metal, but overall this render seems to be close to the final car, that's why I posted it here. Smiley

--

Another rendering based upon the private preview engraving.

Private Preview 3.JPG

ISUK:

Of course, from where else? Smiley

--

What are they going to call their F1 car in 2015 with a V10 smiley

Coincidence ?

ISUK:

Private Preview 3.JPG

If it looks like this, it's going to be stunningSmiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689935 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409431 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255838 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235070 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65578 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858184 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774294 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM