Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari F70 mule spied! (So much less camouflage)

She looks great in black. Personally I would like to see the wheels in a platinum grey finish (black would be too much).

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

993Targa:

Inspiration? yes

Ferrari P4/5

Nice car but i'd rather go for the P1. i don't like the shape of it. maybe better once i've seen it. Have to see in Geneva

--

997 GT3,Cayenne S, Cooper S & VW Cross Polo

Milanno:

Futch I think you was right about black color when we discussed your choice couple days ago. I`ve made color adjustments on rear and some filtering on photo below. I was blown off how rear looks good in black.

(right click on photo & open in new tab to see photo in full resolution)

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com
    My renders are free for using & sharing, as long as my credits are untouched.

Black or dark grigio colors are the way to go for LaFerrari. I would have it in either in grigio silverstone (if possible) or black with black leather; either with red or yellow stitching. I would also get yellow calipers.

Awesome choice Futch Smiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

This car is great in black, simply awesome! First ferrari in years that looks much better in other color than red. On my memory the last one was 456) 

As I promised, photo with Ron Dennis)))

--

sportcars-history.com

Hahaha Thanks

Much better in black, thanks Milanno.  kiss

For me red contrasts very nicely with the black roof and dark glasshouse kiss

I would even like to see this car in some shade of dark silver. I think it would suit it, although not Ferrari typical.

This very special Ferrari makes Ron's P1 look like a comic book caricature, honestly.

1362573325422Ferrari-LaFerrari_2014_1600x1200_wallpaper_03.jpg1362573339518Ferrari-LaFerrari_2014_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg

--

"Form follows function"

Both P1 and LaFerrari look much better live than on pictures. They are really amazingly good looking, imho. Very different in execution, but somehow sharing basic principles.

The crowd at the press unveiling was slightly bigger for LaFerrari, but as the day went on, the crowds were about the same at the two stands.

i expected more from Pagani, and was actually a bit disappointed with Huayra. It seemed to fit more with Koenigsegg, with Ferrari and McLaren at a different level. 

All of this is, of course, subjective.

best, w

Not sure I agree, though I would have to reserve judgement till I see it in person. I'm surprised at myself, but I have to say of the three hybrid "hypercar " releases the 918 seems to have the most coherent design overall. The P1 in person (especially the Volcano Yellow) has real presence - the "cartoon" criticism widespread  on the Web is well wide of the mark. For once the Ferrari studio shots (particularly of the rear ) appear better than real life photos  - though this may because no one has taken a really good one yet on the stand at Geneva.

Yet again, I caution you regarding black. In pictures it may look great but on the road you probably would not be able to distinguish the car from other Ferrari's or Maserati's. This is a million dollar car and it should never be mistaken for a car half its value.Smiley

--

If this new Ferrari is the "LaFerrari", then the 458 should be renamed to the "QuasiFerrari".....

P1  throwing down the gauntlet:

performance is a key factor with the McLaren P1™, with Ron Dennis explaining: ‘The McLaren P1™ is all about being the ultimate car for road and track, and our goal is to lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife in sub-7 minutes.’

pride355:
    Milanno:

Futch I think you was right about black color when we discussed your choice couple days ago. I`ve made color adjustments on rear and some filtering on photo below. I was blown off how rear looks good in black.

(right click on photo & open in new tab to see photo in full resolution)

--

All my automotive & motorcycle renders in full resolution: www.milannoartworks.deviantart.com

Black or dark grigio colors are the way to go for LaFerrari. I would have it in either in grigio silverstone (if possible) or black with black leather; either with red or yellow stitching. I would also get yellow calipers.

Awesome choice Futch Smiley

I usually agree with colour choices and spec with you but I'd go for red callipers on this car. Sure yellow details make a car look classier and more purposeful, but this is a heavy hitter form Ferrari, red is part of its soul. I'd go for all black with red calipers and red stitching and accents on the inside. 

Compared to LaFerrari the P1 looks like a over styled toy, Ferrari looks a like proper  and balanced super car design wise. Huayra is too bling for my taste, zero class. Regarding design  918 is on another league, next to these three it almost doesn't look like a super car, but I like the clean, classic & simple look it has. The Aventador is kind of Batman car, which normally I should hate,  but got damn, I love that car, sound tremendous, look dramatic with pure exotic lines and contrary to the others it has a price from this world.

But in the end, LaFerrari is the one to have it...hands  down.

J.Seven

J.Seven:

Compared to LaFerrari the P1 looks like a over styled toy, Ferrari looks a like proper  and balanced super car design wise. Huayra is too bling for my taste, zero class. Regarding design  918 is on another league, next to these three it almost doesn't look like a super car, but I like the clean, classic & simple look it has. The Aventador is kind of Batman car, which normally I should hate,  but got damn, I love that car, sound tremendous, look dramatic with pure exotic lines and contrary to the others it has a price from this world.

But in the end, LaFerrari is the one to have it...hands  down.

J.Seven

I agree on the Huayra - to me it makes me realize how special the Zonda and some of its derivatives were.  I do hope Pagani comes out with some Huayra derivatives.  This version looks overally big to me (although the weight is still impressive).  

I would love to see the LaFerrari in person.  I think it looks beautiful in the pictures and congrats to Futch... you have earned your keep to be considered in their club of buyers.  I think for people new to cars it may be impossible to earn your way into that club anymore (what I mean is that the club is oversubscribed and for the foreseeable future the club will purchase what is offered - for newcomers the waiting list will be decades).  

I know the Venom GT is a dragster but one can appreciate just how powerful that car is when you see that all of these hypercar can't touch the Venom GT specs.  There is a great Youtube video that shows the Venom GT at Goodwood Festival.  It is lined up behind a Bugati (I think the Supersport).  When Bugati realizes that the Venom GT is behind it, the driver is instructed to pull over and let the Venom GT go through.  The video shows that the Venom GT has more than straight line speed as it carves up the course pretty impressively. 

I am not fan on photos from car shows, almost every new car looks "weird". I like amateur photos more :) One from Museum: 

--

My God does that black rear view look amazing. Would love to be able to buy one of these at list price, alas I'm sure they'll be nearing something stupid like $2M which puts it way outta reach.

Futch - been looking at some of the launch videos of LaFerrari and can only say that you are a very lucky man - well deserved and enjoy!

http://wot.motortrend.com/by-the-numbers-ferrari-laferrari-enzo-f50-f40-338429.html

1. F40 for me angel

2. LaFerrari

3. F50

4. Enzo

Lately we can see renderings showing various colors on new Ferrari flagship. I was not impressed with most combinations showed, so  I`ve decided to make quick render showing LaFerrari in dark blue color with yellow calipers and Italian flag as small, but effective accent. Comment if you like :)

--

Blue / Black / Grey (Porsche Meteor/Agate/Seal) are all good in my book kiss

In white :)

--

I think its an amazing looking car - the more I look at it, the more I adore it!

Lets try something different :) Pay attention on details!

--

Milanno great work !!  I love the dark blue (Blue Pozzi I guess?) with the italian flag stripes. Sporty and elegant (if this is a word than can be used in this context).

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

Milanno:

In white :)

Looks pretty sick in whiteangel

How about a guess that 90% of cars will be red?  Just, I rarely saw any Enzo in non-red colours.  Going back, surely all F40 were red?  And 288 GTOs.  So either these collectors for the limited edition cars are very traditional Ferrari fans, or worried about resale of non-red colours.  

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

A lot of people from US are worried about license plate fitting. In terms of dimensions it fits perfectly, since lower part if flat and upper part is pronounced where lights are placed. I have no information about lights regulations in US, so I will not comment that.

Render:

--

The new Ferrari is a very impressive but at the same time pleasing design to my eyes. It has a successful blend of the avant-garde and the classic, which we seldom see. Its pleasing proportions (I love the profile) are married to striking aerodynamic elements.

Unlike, Lamborghini with its sci-fi styling or the comic book P1, LaFerrari is a recognizable true classic Ferrari, albeit with innovation and on the cutting edge of hypercar design.

Very well done kiss

Let us see now whether (or by how much)  it beats the P1 in performance!

--

"Form follows function"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691046 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410166 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256220 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235415 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65746 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858816 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775118 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM