Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

RC. When this is all over write a book. We would all buy it. The plots & sub plots are amazing and above all its a true story!

Gilmour:

RC. When this is all over write a book. We would all buy it. The plots & sub plots are amazing and above all its a true story!

Smiley Now you are making fun of me but I agree...the last couple of weeks have been quite exciting...in a way or another. Smiley I calmed down, though. My son is just fine (he is a great kid, he almost forgot about the car) and since I know now about the "fate" of my car, I'm more relaxed because actually nobody is to blame. Well...maybe Porsche...a little bit but they seem to do everything in their power to do the right thing.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC. No making fun intended but I have been following the story & always waiting for the next twist - spellbinding

Gilmour:

RC. No making fun intended but I have been following the story & always waiting for the next twist - spellbinding

If you would know how the story continued, you would be thrilled even more. Unfortunately I have to keep it for myself but Porsche really seems to care and this is what I think people need to know.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    If you would know how the story continued, you would be thrilled even more. Unfortunately I have to keep it for myself but Porsche really seems to care and this is what I think people need to know.

no doubt they have agreed to give you a 50% discount for your car Smiley

sfo:
    RC:

Not sure if they care that much. Smiley Smiley

Honestly...they really try hard right now, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

--

RC:
    sfo:

Not sure if they care that much. Smiley Smiley

you mean it's only 40% discount? push them harder !!

I don't need a discount, the lease contract has been very attractive already, a pretty sweet deal. Not sure there is much left for a discount... angry

What I need is...my car. 

--

lots of 981 owners to be in the UK wondering where their cars are too ... luckily, none of them has registered their as yet undelivered car angry

sfo:

lots of 981 owners to be in the UK wondering where their cars are too ... luckily, none of them has registered their as yet undelivered car angry

Car documents were sent to the dealer in advance, a normal procedure but they shouldn't have been sent to him in the first place, somebody messed up because the car delivery had been blocked. The dealer actually wanted to please me, just in case the car would have arrived the very same day, so he made the registration and got me the license plates. This could be a good thing though...the pressure is higher now since the car is actually registered on my name now. Smiley

--

I can't wait to read the full story and see the colour of your PTS Panamera Turbo S .. if if ever arrives blush

unbelievable what happens to you RC. Cant believe that Porsche stops a delivery and didn't inform the dealer. Either Porsche or the dealer messed up this information.

Keep fingers pressed for you that everything sorts out soon!

cheers!

Thank you, guys. Like I said before, Porsche is taking care of this unfortunate situation and I think that everything is going to be OK...as long as I get the car I wanted.  The issue is in the detail but I hope it gets sorted out soon.

At least I know now the fate of my car, right? 

wink

--

The problems with Turbo S are caused by problems with titan turbo packs.... Half a year already

Sorry to hear about this mess from Porsche and all the consequences it provided. Hope you can get your car asap Christian.

J.Seven

What a story Christian....hope you get your car soon!!

But,please,as soon as you can tell us what there is behind...we are thinking all,but not the right thing...hehehheheart

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

Dario, if you read this thread carefully, you actually know what is going on. 

Right now, I am happy Porsche is taking care of the whole unfortunate situation, this is all what counts now.

--

after all this you are being still quite loyal to Porsche which is commendable to you and I hope that Porsche understands this. At this point I would have no problem sharing the truth. Fact is as you rightly state, it is your car based on title. I assumed you paid too?

--
    Off enjoying my car...

RC:
    John H:

So that means another design or production fault has been discovered? 

No, not another.  Smiley

I think this post sums up the position as it stands - at least, for now...Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

TEE:

after all this you are being still quite loyal to Porsche which is commendable to you and I hope that Porsche understands this. At this point I would have no problem sharing the truth. Fact is as you rightly state, it is your car based on title. I assumed you paid too?

Let me put it this way: The way they handled it, is impressive. Actually someone from the higher hierarchy made a sacrifice and I am speechless. Not sure if I can share the details with you but at some point, I will try to be more specific. Overall, I am impressed with Porsche and didn't expect them to react that fast and effective.

It also seems that I will get my Turbo S sooner or later, when everything is OK with the car.

--

RC, it's good that things are moving now.

However, you better tell us the reason(s) the delay because your silence can induce groundless suspicions and unfounded fears to members and this will not be fair for Porsche. Is it such a great secret?

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

However, you better tell us the reason(s) the delay because your silence can induce groundless suspicions and unfounded fears to members and this will not be fair for Porsche. Is it such a great secret?

I already said it... Smiley An issue not solved...yet.

--

RC:
    reginos:

I already said it... Smiley An issue not solved...yet.

A  "titan"ic problem  Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

On the other hand, I should be thankful for the delay...it provides some unique opportunities, incl. the fact that my car should be in a perfect shape when it arrives. blush

--

they are going to give you a facelifted version? :P

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

they'll give you a bigger pair of turbo's to ease the waiting-pain? indecision

I will give a try as well :  Turbo S with powerkit ? indecision

--

997 Club Coupe, 72' 911 Targa 2.4 S, 12' Audi S4 Avant

RC:

On the other hand, I should be thankful for the delay...it provides some unique opportunities, incl. the fact that my car should be in a perfect shape when it arrives. blush

Perfect or healthier Smiley

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:
    RC:

Perfect or healthier Smiley

Both... Smiley

Due to the generosity of Porsche, I will drive something very special until my car arrives.

Yes, a Panamera. Smiley

--

GTS!!!!!! broken heart

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803297 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448598 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266158 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90084 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885767 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833376 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM