Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

At some point I would rather not take delivery than deal with this treatment.

--
    Off enjoying my car...

TEE:

At some point I would rather not take delivery than deal with this treatment.

At my request, I still had hopes but I bet the dealer knew better, the dealer registered the car last Friday. So it is kind of difficult to back off now. Smiley

I also want the Panamera Turbo S and if I would switch the dealer, I would need to deal with Porsche Financial first and then probably wait another three months or so for another car. Not really an option.

Don't worry...I hold a grudge pretty well. Smiley

My theory is actually a different one now: I'm not sure about it but somebody told me that the transport of the car to the customer is actually paid by the dealer and not by Porsche. So if the transport is full, the dealer pays less than if the transport isn't full. The dealer actually told me that he doesn't care if he gets one car or several cars at a time because the transport is billed to Porsche. If the dealer saves money by transporting more cars to the dealership at once, I now know why my car has been delayed. One employee from my dealership told me that they are expecting another car from Leipzig...a Cayenne which came out of production just last week. This would explain it... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:t1.jpg

Believe it or not but even my 550 hp 997 Turbo didn't eat that much fuel...

25.6  l/100km Smiley This is around 10-11 miles per (UK) gallon and the body is rather small!

That was the norm for high performance cars in the 1960s and 70s with lots of carburetors and no aerodynamics. For an up to date M-B it is unacceptable IMO.

--

"Form follows function"

Friend-of-OPEC award!

RC:

Dealer should have stayed with selling BMWs and my sales person with selling VW. Apparently both don't have a clue how to treat a Porsche customer. Sad.

My Mercedes guy did 10x better than them...and he sold me a used car.

Well time to seriously consider switching dealer from now on and no longer buy there. It shouldn't even be a BMW or VW level of service, in fact it sounds like far sub par to that also. Heck, i've had amazing experiences with Ford over years, the entire family. My dad has owned over 30 Fords over the years and eventually moved to Mercedes because they didn't offer a premium car... he did even try their attempt - the Scorpio Smiley

Is your dealer a branch of a group operation... like Stratstone in the UK for instance?

I've always found better service at the smaller companies, but unfortunately, more often that not, they eventually fold or get swallowed up by the big boys...surprise

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:

Is your dealer a branch of a group operation... like Stratstone in the UK for instance?

I've always found better service at the smaller companies, but unfortunately, more often that not, they eventually fold or get swallowed up by the big boys...surprise

Same here. It´s a shame. Smiley

John H:

No. It is actually one of the last "independent" family run Porsche dealers but the family owned a BMW dealership before and even there, people weren't too happy with them. Penske wanted to buy my dealership last year or so according to rumors, he even paid a visit but apparently the numbers (or whatever) didn't please him.

I actually liked the old dealership much more and it is a pity that my old dealer doesn't sell Porsche cars anymore. The son of the old owner was really into cars but Maserati and Aston Martin aren't really my thing. Smiley

I think I am too nice. I've seen customers behave like a real piece of work and they apparently got what they wanted but if you are too friendly and try to be close to them, they f.ck you. Smiley

My wife just asked if the dealer called, at least to tell me that there is nothing new. She couldn't believe that he even didn't bother for a status update.

Amazing. Smiley

More than ever I am happy that I started something which hopefully will give the dealership some food for thought...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

squeaking wheel often gets the oil - i hate it because it isn't my style to complain.  I assume like you I expect good service for being a good customer

Good to hear that you could ventilate your frustration and enjoy the weekend. I am wondering where this park is. I am planning to be in Germany to pick up my wife's Cayenne GTS in Zuffenhausen and plan to take my younger daughter (11) with me. She is a car fanatic and it would be awesome if this park is somewhere between Stuttgart and Tegernsee where we intend to visit family.Thanks  Smiley

I can provide the locations of several similar entertainment parks in Bavaria, don't worry.

We were at the Churpfalzpark near the Czech border with Germany.

Update regarding my car: I know where it is and...my dealer is not to blame. Unfortunately the whole story is cooking now at a completely different level and I can't go into details. Only one hint: I won't see the car too soon but I also expect Porsche to take care of that.

More to come if I'm not happy with the results. No, my car has not been falling from the truck and it hasn't been destroyed, Porsche just stopped all Turbo S deliveries...again. angry

--

ATVs are fun Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

RC - I feel your pain.  This is a real 'what would Jesus do' situation. 

In the US we have an expression you reminded me of.  'Kiss me if you are going to f*ck me.'   Since I know German I know that could translate well - :-)

Can't wait to see pictures.  Too bad that you are at their mercy because of the registration and they are taking advantage of that, I would have simply canceled the order (not for real, but as a bluff - to get a better kiss with the f*cking).

I am surprised the someone at Porsche has not read this thread and ran a few bells!!!  (They also don't seem to hear me complain about my lousy dealer - Aristocrat (that is Merriam, KS!))

Cheers and best of luck!

Thanks but like I said...the dealer is not to blame, the problem is kind of lame and Porsche is to blame for it. Yes, apparently they have read this but there is something involved beyond their goodwill and capabilities, so we have to wait and see how this works out for me...and them. Can't say more, sorry. They try hard but they can't do wonders.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC - they could have informed you ahead of the delivery time.  That is not wonders...  I do not understand why you are not extremely pissed at this point.

I have a date for the pickup at Leipzig in less than 30 days and I still did not get the welcome package that explains the details.  I had to change my plane tickets because they did not tell me that I had to be there at 8:00am, I assumed that noon was a good time... I cannot book hotels in advance because I do not know how long it will take, etc..  for a $160k+tx purchase I am starting to feel that they need to kiss me first.

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

RC, I have been following this thread since the beginning and I feel sincerely sorry for the pain an frustration that you and your family have been enduring.  This is nerve wrecking.

Porsche is quite proud of their super efficient production methods and their advanced manufacturing technology.

Next, the company needs to buy a telephone.

JimFlat6:

Porsche is quite proud of their super efficient production methods and their advanced manufacturing technology.

Next, the company needs to buy a telephone.

Let it play out to see how good of a customer service they offer... Smiley

Not telling the dealer about the delivery stop but sending him the car documents was a monumental fail.

Now I'm pretty curious how they get out of this one...the story is pretty complicated for all parties involved. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

BlackSparrow:

RC - they could have informed you ahead of the delivery time.  That is not wonders...  I do not understand why you are not extremely pissed at this point.

I have a date for the pickup at Leipzig in less than 30 days and I still did not get the welcome package that explains the details.  I had to change my plane tickets because they did not tell me that I had to be there at 8:00am, I assumed that noon was a good time... I cannot book hotels in advance because I do not know how long it will take, etc..  for a $160k+tx purchase I am starting to feel that they need to kiss me first.

Sorry to hear that, this is unacceptable. The problem seems to be that they are packed with factory deliveries. I know this is no excuse but I got a June 27th pickup date for my PTS and Turbo S customers usually have a priority in factory deliveries. So you can imagine how fully booked they are. If they can't cope with it, they shouldn't offer it but apparently there is a picture I can't really see here. This can't be about money only...or is it?!

--

reginos:

I averaged 20 litres /100km in a full sized pickup truck pulling a 16 foot enclosed trailer at ~130 km/h. That's just awful consumption. Smiley

RC, sorry to read about your experience.   I don`t know if it could have been worst but I can share what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I had a brand new Audi S4 Avant delivered that after 5 km out of the dealer just died in the middle of a trafficked road. The S-Tronic Ecu went off. 

As in your case, I had planned a nice weekend trip  which did not happen and the S4 spent 5 days in the dealership waiting to be repaired. I wrote a letter to Mr Stadler , CEO of Audi and after few days I did get a feedback from the international customer service stating that they would look into the issue.

An Audi S4 is not a Panamers Turbo S but still is a quite expensive car (for me) and this was at the end my first Audi experience. Having those premium brands talking a lot about experiences , well they should try harder I believe in order not to disappoint.

Sorry for the short off topic.photo.JPG

--

997 Club Coupe, 72' 911 Targa 2.4 S, 12' Audi S4 Avant

Sorry to hear that about your S4, really sad. One of our forum moderators had a similar issue with his Ferrari...brand new car...not really funny and embarrassing since it happened in public.

As to my Porsche experience: First, I have to apologize that I blamed the dealer but hey, he could have tried a little bit harder to get an information from Porsche. My sales person called today and I could hear from his voice that he felt very ashamed. Poor guy. 

As to Porsche: The matter is at the highest possible level right now and I expect them to do the right thing. I actually think they will do the right thing, whatever this is. On the other hand, they can't do magic, so if the car can't be released, then I have a serious issue. Actually all of us have a serious issue because the car is already registered, the license plates are ready and waiting at the dealership. So far, the reaction from Porsche has been extremely positive and helpful but I also have to admit that I played all cards off the table. Let's see how this plays out but if Porsche is the company I always expected them to be, they will do the right thing. I'm pretty sure about this.

--

So that means another design or production fault has been discovered? 

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:

So that means another design or production fault has been discovered? 

No, not another.  Smiley

--

JoeRockhead:
    reginos:

I averaged 20 litres /100km in a full sized pickup truck pulling a 16 foot enclosed trailer at ~130 km/h. That's just awful consumption. Smiley

Although an AVERAGE of 146km for over 100 minutes is seriously quick..!  It's so easy to do 160km/hr "all the way" on a trip only to find that you've averaged 120..!

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

RC:

...but there is something involved beyond their goodwill and capabilities, so we have to wait and see how this works out for me...and them. Can't say more, sorry. They try hard but they can't do wonders.

I've just realized something:  Easyrider seems to have dissappeared of late: maybe he's gone off with your new car..?!Smiley

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

I hear he drove it across some volcano in Hawaii smiley

No seriously RC, wow I feel for you, this news today probably means more delays. That is just terrible after thinking it was any day now... I guess Porsche really screwed your dealer over as well. See it positively, at least you are wiser than you were this morning. AND, perhaps in the end there's good to come from it.Smiley

I saw a brand new Panamera Turbo fly down the left lane.. I always make sure i do not at any point block faster traffic on the Autobahn, but apparently not many others here seem to consider. So he was flying past me with at least 250km/h and some b!tch pulled right in front with the usual shenanegans.. doing 100 passing a truck doing 90 Smiley   Anyways the Panamera went into the hardest emergency braking i've ever seen! I mean he had to step on it, and wow did it stop. I think his speed when he passed my rear axis was still 250.. by the time he was ahead he was doing the same speed as me angry

You've made a great choice in this car, please be patient and consider that Porsche wants to make sure it's 100% prior to delivery.

What I do not understand is: There are a couple of Panamera Turbo S in customer hands or at dealerships for sale. To my knowledge, there hasn't been any official recall. So I'm not sure what is going on but it is kind of weird.

Well...I guess I have to wait.

--

What about specific Turbo S specs that these cars may not have had ticked? Just thinking out loud...

Atzporsche:

What about specific Turbo S specs that these cars may not have had ticked? Just thinking out loud...

Aaron, I know the issue at hand but I can't really talk about it. It doesn't have anything to do with any "ticked" specs. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/29/24 9:42 PM
    watt
    785968 1799
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    443718 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263732 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262582 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86593 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6085 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

882326 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    822879 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM