Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

Speaking of service: Have I told you the story where one of my patients ordered a specific insulin for a trip to Thailand and when he wanted to pick it up, four hours before his flight, we didn't have it because the company I ordered it from forgot to tell me (they had the wrong stock figure in their IT system) that they don't have it?
    He left for the airport in Munich and I jumped into my car and drove 60 km to another company to get him his insulin in time. From there another 40 km to the airport and luckily, the airport police was very nice and I was able to give him his stuff 45 minutes before his plane took off. Without the insulin, he would have had to stay at home. Tricky part was: We couldn't find it anywhere else, there was a shortage of that specific insulin and we couldn't reach his doctor. 

I earned around 20 EUR or so on the Insulin but I was away from my business for over three hours and fuel for at least 70 EUR was gone.

Maybe I'm dumb but when I think that I messed up, I have the moral obligation towards my customer to make things right, whatever way possible. Apparently other people just don't care.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

wink  on the moral obligation to the customer!

My dealership does not have a freaking clue about Leipzig pickup.  I'm less than a month away from it, I have no idea of how it is going to work.  I had to change my booked tickets once because of their screw-up ($500 change).  they will make it up to me though, I can feel it :)

RC - good luck with getting your car next week! Think positive!! Your son had a great life lesson today.  Next week you will have you car and post lots of pictures here ;)

--
    2012 Cayenne TT (on order for june 2012), 997.1 Targa 4s, 2009 Q5 3.2

That is my main concern with this story... of course a lot of things can go wrong with a delivery or transport, but to leave the customer in the dark is just wrong on so many levels, especially with such a premium product (and it is downright stupid, having in mind that you are quite a heavyweight in this field).

RC:

Speaking of service: Have I told you the story where one of my patients ordered a specific insulin for a trip to Thailand and when he wanted to pick it up, four hours before his flight, we didn't have it because the company I ordered it from forgot to tell me (they had the wrong stock figure in their IT system) that they don't have it?
    He left for the airport in Munich and I jumped into my car and drove 60 km to another company to get him his insulin in time. From there another 40 km to the airport and luckily, the airport police was very nice and I was able to give him his stuff 45 minutes before his plane took off. Without the insulin, he would have had to stay at home. Tricky part was: We couldn't find it anywhere else, there was a shortage of that specific insulin and we couldn't reach his doctor. 

I earned around 20 EUR or so on the Insulin but I was away from my business for over three hours and fuel for at least 70 EUR was gone.

Maybe I'm dumb but when I think that I messed up, I have the moral obligation towards my customer to make things right, whatever way possible. Apparently other people just don't care.

RC I totally identify myself with your story about the insulin and your customer !  In my case I have been involved in two special situations with different customers that I manage, both cases it wasnt my fault but I had to do the impossible and  use my personal time to solve the problem, plus go and visit the customer outside to their area. I think this is the minimum service I expect and I can deliver when a customer has payed and has invest their money into your products. Anything related with a negative buying experience is just unacceptable for me (besides i am by no means the owner of my company and only have two years of working experience) . If there is any problem with the product/serice then try the impossible to make happy the customer even more in a occasion like yours a 180.000€ product is not your average selling product and even less with this economical situation. I see unacceptable that you dont have any solution and news about what is happening after so many weeks of waiting. They should at least gave you a 991 for the weekend or something to compensate, not a porsche cap. 

From my porsche experience ( due to my father purchases ) ALL Porsche dealers we have bougt from have been most of the cases in a very poor service. i can write many examples we have gone since our 991 is probably like the 14th 911 we've had since the first one. From hiding a crash of one of our ex 911 to be sold, to a selling us a car that was ALREADY SOLD to another customer ( this was a 997.1 cabriolet from porsche approved)... Its like if most of the  people that works for porsche specially sales employees are god and customer a simple object.

Anyway, having said this our actual relationship with our dealer is now amazing, after several problems we had throuh the years....actually today we are going to get the new boxster for the whole weekend !!!

i hope you get your beast as soon as possible but you should get some important compensation. Like a porsche chronograph watch. We have a big collection of those thanks to the dealer....its the minimum they can offer you after your history porsche experience.

--

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your words and compassion. 

Porsche really needs to understand that they don't sell just cars...they sell emotions too.

No wonder they loose customers to other brands.

Their prices are steep, so the service has to be right too.

My Mercedes dealer who sold me the used C63 AMG Coupe actually delivered a better service and he was punctual and everything was just perfect. 

Today and yesterday, I just had the feeling that they (my dealership) just don't care.

They don't understand that if someone spends 200k EUR for a car, this is something special.

I paid the lease initial payment three weeks ago, I provided all necessary documents and everything three weeks ago and they can't deliver the car in time? Sad.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC it's sad to hear all thats been going on with your car, I also feel sorry for your son, you always talk so well about him and I can tell that it really upsets you to disappoint him. I hope it all gets sorted out soon and you guys can start enjoying. 

RC, I have been very lucky with my Porsche Dealer. They have provided excellent service. This type of customer service is not what you expect from a dealer selling premium cars. One can only imagine how he would treat a 918 customer. They definitely need to do something for you having screwed up your holiday weekend and disappointed your son.

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

RC:

Porsche really needs to understand that they don't sell just cars...they sell emotions too.

Exactly, RC you are full of emotion now thanks to PAG!

Joking aside, the car will come after this objectively short delay (I know it's like ages to you but it's only a few days after it was ready at the factory) and after a few flat out Autobahn runs all will be forgotten. Also, get your son something he likes as compensation and he won't mind too.

--

"Form follows function"

zzboba:

That is my main concern with this story... of course a lot of things can go wrong with a delivery or transport, but to leave the customer in the dark is just wrong on so many levels, especially with such a premium product 

Exactly! for this there is no excuse.

--

Okay, help me understand - when I go to service by a perfectly able independent shop you make fun of me for having such an expensive car and then saving a few dollars.  I have mentioned again and again, it is not about money as much as it is about service and expertise.

Case in point - I hit a pothole in my 997 over the weekend after just having my Bilsteins installed.  The car picked up a vibration and pulled a little to the left.  I called up the shop that installed the suspension at 11AM yesterday - Ernie said bring it over!

I left his shop 30 minutes later with a free loaner and instructions to fix whatever was wrong.  At 4PM I got a call saying the car was ready!  I never asked what was wrong or the price.  I picked up the car at 5PM and returned the loaner.

Total charge - $20. 

Work done - removed and balanced the front left wheel (checked the right front) to fix the vibration.  Re-aligned the car, correcting the pull to the left.

I would bet I used $6 of gas in the loaner car. 

The Porsche dealer is right next door - his shop charge for rags is $40 everytime I drop the car off.  The Dealer wanted to charge me $80 to replace a light bulb once, I thought he was joking.  If the independent shops were not around do you think my dealer would provide better or worse service?  I can only imagine what that would be like, maybe like in Germany! Smiley

RC - make the dealer eat the car!  Don't pick it up at all.  That is the correct message to send.  Watch the Euros roll in as he tries to get you to pick it up.  That is the part you want your son to watch.  My dad was a great 'horse dealer' and I loved to watch him work over car dealers.  Good fun for your son!

Cheers - Prost

Joking aside, the repair shop is OK, I know all the mechanics and one even stayed late (after 8 pm) for customers and the dealership usually closes at 6 pm. No problem with THEM.

I also have to admit that my experience with the Carrera GTS Cab I bought from them was different and everything was OK but maybe they didn't care at that time either and the car just arrived in time.

I should stop the whining now, it is over.. the car isn't here and I have to wait another 5-7 days. At least.

This weekend, an email will go out and it will bite the dealer in the a.. sooner or later. Not sure if this is the right thing to do but maybe next time, they will do better. If there will be a next time.

Speaking of anger: My wife was ready to go to the dealer tomorrow to beat the crap out of him...or at least shout at him as loud as possible. She insisted I should contact Porsche on all levels and make a scandal but I'm not sure this will provide the car this weekend. My son started crying this evening when he realized again the car isn't coming. I know, I know...kid...spoiled...bla bla bla but I promised it to him several times, so I am to blame.

Long story short: My friendliness towards the dealer is over. As soon as I get the car, I will tell him exactly what I think about his service. I will still use the repair shop, the guys are good there and I have a connection to them (gladly I never needed them) but I doubt I will buy a car again from them...unless they apologize properly next week. I doubt that though.

Lesson learned...I always have to take matters in my own hand if I want a job done well. My fault.

On Tuesday, I will ask my dealer for the order number and car VIN and I'm pretty sure that, with the help of a friend here in the forum, we will find out where my car is. Actually, I'm pretty sure it is still in Leipzig...waiting to be loaded on a truck. Crap.

--

RC, chilled out a bit :) You have already waited months for the car, what's another week or so? It will be worth it in the end.

Ohh man - sad to hear your experience. Reading your words Im seeing my own dealer in front of me. those guys are so arrogant and fail in any way of customer service!

Hard to belive that the car was picked up from Moser 2 weeks ago. Cars dont take that much time for this short distance. For sure it is waiting on any 'Umschlagsplatz' to go for further transportation.

What I dont get is, why didnt they offer you a courtesy car for those days or anthing else to make you good mooded?

Hope you see that beau soon! And most important, enjoy the long weekend anyway (We all know you have other stunning cars to get distracted :)))

Cheers!

Whoopsy:

RC, chilled out a bit :) You have already waited months for the car, what's another week or so? It will be worth it in the end.

We planned this weekend for almost two weeks...Hockenheim High Performance Days...Entenbürzeltreffen, a father - son weekend, my wife and my daughter wanted to go to Europapark (which is somehow close to Hockenheim) and we would have picked them up in the evening. This would also have been a nice way to put some mileage on the car to finish the run-in a little bit faster. This is a holiday weekend, three full free days. I even had organized a replacement for me for Friday, to be able to pick up the car.

Next week is going to be packed for me...a lot of work, several extra things I have to do (because I postponed them due to the planned Friday pickup) and next weekend, we are heading for a family vacation. I don't even know if I find the time to pick up my car next week, so I could end up with picking it up in two weeks or so. After that, one of my main employees is going on a vacation for two weeks, so I will be packed with work and I have no time at all to drive the car.

The biggest issue was my son though: Not sure if you have kids but when you promise something to a kid, you need to keep that promise. Kids never forget.

Do you understand now why it is difficult to chill out? Smiley

--

Lars997:

What I dont get is, why didnt they offer you a courtesy car for those days or anthing else to make you good mooded?  

Would you have accepted a Panamera Diesel? Their Turbo and GTS were gone...

The owner of the dealership didn't offer anything (which was the biggest disappointment) and the sales person asked me in a very down toned voice if it would help if he tries to find a car for me for this weekend... Translated to: If you really insist I would give you a car but I really don't want to. Smiley

I would have accepted it, if he would have put a Panamera Turbo or GTS (they have both) or even a 991 Coupe or Cab key in my hands, saying: Here you go, even if it may not compensate you but enjoy a nice ride for this weekend.

Maybe I'm too old fashioned but I do not beg.

I carry a long grudge though and I don't forget. This is how I changed many different dealers in the past.

--

You are right Christian - I never would have begged either, especially since you have all the nice cars at home. 

But as you say - the owner of the dealership should have let you know to compensate your pain in any way. If this would happen to my client I would think about something nice not to loose him. But thats the arrogance and 'narrowmindedness' I meant before. Those guys are selling Porsche and still are jealous on their clients. Thats why they are not sad at all not to make you happy. You might even want to think they like it a bit not to make you to happy. Ever and ever again this happened to my friends, my family and  myself.

Good luck buddy!

Lars997:

You are right Christian - I never would have begged either, especially since you have all the nice cars at home. 

But as you say - the owner of the dealership should have let you know to compensate your pain in any way. If this would happen to my client I would think about something nice not to loose him. But thats the arrogance and 'narrowmindedness' I meant before. Those guys are selling Porsche and still are jealous on their clients. Thats why they are not sad at all not to make you happy. You might even want to think they like it a bit not to make you to happy. Ever and ever again this happened to my friends, my family and  myself.

Good luck buddy!

Thanks Lars, I'm afraid I have to agree with you on this one. The owner of the dealership actually drives a BMW 7 series, his son drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee. No kidding. They sold BMW before and the son has a large collection of US cars. They don't seem to be too attached to Porsche, actually there were rumors that Penske would buy the dealership, he was even here(personally) but he refused according to rumors(apparently he didn't like the numbers).

Oh boy, I would love to own a Porsche dealership, this was always my dream, I would treat customers with the respect and courtesy they deserve, no matter if Boxster or 918 customers but apparently they look at the numbers only. With a different attitude, they would attract much more customers, thus the numbers would improve. Look at my neighbor...instead of a GT3, he bought a C63 AMG Black Series. He already owns a 911 and he isn't happy about this dealership either. Is there actually a dealership who cares about the passion involved with Porsche or is each and every dealership just caring about the numbers?

When Porsche Germany decided that dealerships over here should be Porsche exclusive only, they aren't permitted by contract to sell other brands in the same dealership with Porsche cars together, I think they had a different kind of customer treatment in mind. Does Porsche actually check out dealerships? Do they care? Smiley

Sad story contuinuing: Today I didn't have to work, so I slept longer. I woke up, my wife and my son weren't at home and I thought they went buying groceries together. At around 10 am they came back and my son was crying again. I asked what happened and guess where they have been: They went to the Porsche dealership to check if my car arrived (which was impossible since there are no Saturday deliveries) because my son urged my wife this morning at 7 am(!) to do so. My wife was so angry at my dealer, you just can't imagine. He is a 8 year old kid, what does he know about deliveries or whatever, he just knows that I promised him. This almost broke my heart today. Smiley

This whole weekend is kind of ruined, my wife is in a bad mood, my kids are in a bad mood and I am in a bad mood too. Not that anybody should really care about this but it could have been the perfect holiday weekend. Could have.

--

You're such a wonderful family, RC!

Congrats man! Forget abt the car, this is priceless! You all live and breath together...

Overcome this Christian!

Unlucky circumstances

Our local Porsche Dealer was taken over by the local VW dealer apprx. 3 years ago. They made an evening reception for their clients. We went there to meet some friends, apparently we have seen more VW clients than Porsche clients. Anyway - the new owner was holding a speach and told in it - "I'm driving a Golf and I think its the best car you can buy. Even so I accept Porsche, I have to say this car is not made for me"! WTF - new owner and zero emotions for the products!

From the moment it was owned by VW there was no free courtesy cars anymore and no kind of gracious with test rides, etc. The staff was not allowed anymore to take the test cars home on the evenings or weekends so the better sales people have left within 3 months!

I still remember, I was there on one afternoon to ask if there is a solution for carrying Golf-bags in the 911. In this chat they asked me in which club I go for Golfing. After telling it, they said - "oh this is a very nice club, we even have our Porsche Tournament for clients there in the next week". WTF again - they told me that but with no single word they asked me if I would like to participate. The week after it happened that I was at the Golf Club and they had the tournament. Again - I could count more Audi and VW than Porsche on the parking and from the Porsches the most of it have been 993 or 986..... Somehow it seems they do a lot for the clients which they can handle and it seems that they have a problem to handle clients which are even more successful as themselves.

Being honest - I even think to buy the next car abroad or in that dealer which gives me the best price. I dont car anymore about loyality and that my dealer is in front of my door. If I have a guarantee problem they have to handle it anyway and if I have to go for a service I dont get any nice treatment like courtesy cars anyway. So guess what - why should I buy a car with him again? I dont see any reasons!

I'm sorry for your family. I can feel for your son. When I was a little boy I would have been sleepless for weeks until the Car is in the front yard. I would have been sitting in the new car for hours and studied the manual in detail! smiley So - again, I'm sorry for the family and I hope you will enjoy the car soon and that you never have any problems with it in order to avoid that dealer for a long time!

Im sure the driving and ownership experience will be the opposite of the delivery experience, so hang in there.

But.....I dont know how German commercial law and consumer rights work, but since they have caused such disruption and anguish from delay and mistating delivery dates, you might explore finding a legal reason to refuse the car.  Feed them some of their own crap. 

RC:

Not dumb at all, because your customer will still remember how you did care  when he already forgot what the problem was Smiley 

With your next car it may be better  simply to surprise the kids rather than to promise a pick up date. Though obviously this trick wouldn't have worked this time as you planned the Pentacost weekend long time in advance.

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

So sorry to hear of the delays Christian.Smiley

Very sad situation Christian!

I hope it will work out soon - very soon

Change your Porsche dealership)))

Damn RC, so sorry to hear the delivery delays.. really would have been a perfect weekend for driving her in together with your son.

Here's to hoping it will get there Tuesday first thing wink and perhaps we can meet at the Schloss Neuschwanstein in about a month from now kiss

PS. Your dealer better have cool apology gifts for you, your wife and the kids.

Not sure if you guys are interested to hear about my whining and personal "issues" all the time but here is a small update: Me and my family had a lot of fun this weekend, which was kind of surprising because I actually thought that I would fall into a deep depression mood because of the events last week. It didn't happen, my son is happy, we are happy and we had a wonderful time (see photos).

Unfortunately I was so mad on Saturday, that I unleashed something I can't stop anymore. Not that I really care, I was really mad at my dealer but I'm not sure this will improve my relationship to him. It will take a couple of days until there will be a reaction but I had to make my point, even if this means that they won't be too happy to see me anymore in the future. At least they know that they can't toy around with me.

m1.jpg

He loves ATVs...you can't see his face but he was grinning like crazy.

n1.jpg

m2.jpg

This is how a car looks after driving top speed on an almost empty Autobahn... (everybody seems to have left Germany for vacations)

t1.jpg

Believe it or not but even my 550 hp 997 Turbo didn't eat that much fuel...

On the other hand, I seem to have been lucky with the power of my C63 engine...the car runs like hell, unbelievable. The most perfect bang for the buck experience I ever had. Smiley

--

Ha, know what you mean with empty streets. I've stayed home too because i work at 4am tomorrow morning, but everyone seems to have left.

Glad to hear you've made the most of this fantastic long weekend, the weather is still great!

Nice to see that your weekend was still associated with fun and relaxation.kiss
    The consumption of the AMG with 25.6 liters per 100 km  isn’t so surprising for me, at an average speed of 146 kph for a distance of 188 km.smileysmiley
    I highly doubt that the Panamera Turbo S will consume even an ounce less under the same conditions.

As for your Porsche dealer: I think it’s time for a change. Although I'm living in Munich and there are 3 Porsche dealer, I’m not customer by one of these but 70 km outside of Munich. My experience with this dealer and his service is really good.

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

It is almost 12 pm over here, dealer hasn't called yet, so the car didn't arrive (which was to be expected since yesterday was a holiday...). I will not call or visit the dealer anymore, it doesn't make any sense, I just wait until he calls that my car arrived. Like I said in an earlier post, I put the matter in the hands of Porsche, so I'm going to have to wait and see how they deal with it. I'm not expecting much but they have surprised me (positively) in the past, not always but let's see how this one plays out. I am sick and tired of calling the dealer and begging for status updates.

My son apparently forgot that the car is actually coming, being a kid is great... and this is what matters.

Dealer should have stayed with selling BMWs and my sales person with selling VW. Apparently both don't have a clue how to treat a Porsche customer. Sad.

My Mercedes guy did 10x better than them...and he sold me a used car.

If the E63 AMG PP would have AWD...

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803331 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448601 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266162 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90085 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6639 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885779 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833390 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM