Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

RC:

Nope, no superstition or something like that. Apparently they want to be the first to see the car and not their neighbor or somebody they know personally. I know, I know...doesn't really make sense but people don't always make sense.

To be honest,

I can relate to that. It´s like receiving a CD (not so relevant for many nowadays) or book that you were looking forward to. It doesn´t make a big difference but subjectively you want to be the first to open, touch and discover that object. It´s like someone else opening your Christmas present... Smiley

Ferdie:
    RC:

Nope, no superstition or something like that. Apparently they want to be the first to see the car and not their neighbor or somebody they know personally. I know, I know...doesn't really make sense but people don't always make sense.

To be honest,

I can relate to that. It´s like receiving a CD (not so relevant for many nowadays) or book that you were looking forward to. It doesn´t make a big difference but subjectively you want to be the first to open, touch and discover that object. It´s like someone else opening your Christmas present... Smiley

Fully agree! Smiley

I even hate it, if my 10y son reads my EVO-Maganzine first and tells me some news out of it. Smiley

Blueflame Smiley

Doesnt your neighbor read Rennteam?smiley

He's going to be hate you even more soon. Let us know how he greets your new Turbo S

RC - Just saw your neighbor on the AMG forum driving your New Porsche Panamara on a racetrack - Nurnburg Ring I think they called it!  Seems he is enjoying it this weekend!  lol

JimFlat6:

He's going to be hate you even more soon. Let us know how he greets your new Turbo S

No, he doesn't. It is healthier for me if people in my direct neighborhood don't know about Rennteam. Only problem is one very curious neighbor who apparently thinks I'm working for Porsche after keeping some Porsche cars with Stuttgart and Ludwigsburg license plate in my garage (mostly loaners), so he spread the rumor, which is good because people don't seem to care about my cars anymore. Smiley Funniest encounter was when I brought home a GT2 RS covered in a matte film with red license plates. This was the car of a friend from outside Germany and he kept it at my place for a couple of days before he was supposed to ship it to his home land. He didn't want to keep it at the hotel. GT2 RS...car was barely on the market...matte finish look...red license plates from Stuttgart...well...this spread the rumor even better. Smiley Usually I wouldn't care but some of my neighbors are a piece of cake sometimes, they put their noses where they don't belong. It is a mixed residential area, where large villas stand next to smaller houses and you can imagine the social impact. Since people think I have something to do with cars professionally, even my kids don't have any issues anymore, on the contrary. I'm the "cool" dad. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Leawood911:

RC - Just saw your neighbor on the AMG forum driving your New Porsche Panamara on a racetrack - Nurnburg Ring I think they called it!  Seems he is enjoying it this weekend!  lol

I'm actually curious how my neighbor will drive his C63 BS on the track because I'm not sure he even was on the track yet...ever. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    JimFlat6:

No, he doesn't. It is healthier for me if people in my direct neighborhood don't know about Rennteam. Only problem is one very curious neighbor who apparently thinks I'm working for Porsche after keeping some Porsche cars with Stuttgart and Ludwigsburg license plate in my garage (mostly loaners), so he spread the rumor, which is good because people don't seem to care about my cars anymore. Smiley Funniest encounter was when I brought home a GT2 RS covered in a matte film with red license plates. This was the car of a friend from outside Germany and he kept it at my place for a couple of days before he was supposed to ship it to his home land. He didn't want to keep it at the hotel. GT2 RS...car was barely on the market...matte finish look...red license plates from Stuttgart...well...this spread the rumor even better. Smiley Usually I wouldn't care but some of my neighbors are a piece of cake sometimes, they put their noses where they don't belong. It is a mixed residential area, where large villas stand next to smaller houses and you can imagine the social impact. Since people think I have something to do with cars professionally, even my kids don't have any issues anymore, on the contrary. I'm the "cool" dad. Smiley Smiley

I wouldn't expect this kind of cultural behaviour from Germany. I used to do car business in Germany (Ulm-Cologne area) and it seems nobody cares much about cars, except Ferrari.

Interesting concept for me. Thank you for sharing with us.

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

RC:
    Leawood911:

I'm actually curious how my neighbor will drive his C63 BS on the track because I'm not sure he even was on the track yet...ever. Smiley

Maybe gifted from the birth Smiley

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:

I wouldn't expect this kind of cultural behaviour from Germany. I used to do car business in Germany (Ulm-Cologne area) and it seems nobody cares much about cars, except Ferrari.

Interesting concept for me. Thank you for sharing with us.

Oh, they do care. The smaller the town, the more they care. Especially when people know each other...

--

I also live in a small town, but there is no ploblem abouit what car you drive ( most of the time ) , except from the Germans  ( we have a big community of high educated Germans ( doctors, university professors, reserchers, MBA ) who came over here to work  .

Some are in our group friends, and they are the only ones that sometimes make negative comments , with underlying ' jalousy or put downs ' references.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Well...it is kind of a German thing but I never understood why. Yes, intellectuals are actually the worst and since 90% of our friends are intellectuals, well...not a good thing for a car lover like me.

The husband of my wife's best friend, he gets nausea at speeds over 120 kph...no kidding...hates my cars. Every time I show up in a Porsche, he makes a Volkswagen comment and every time I show up in the X5M, he makes a soccer mom comment. He really cares and I couldn't care less but it is annoying. I usually shut up because my wife is really a good friend with his wife but I already told my wife that sooner or later, I will tell him what I think. 

--

RC:

The husband of my wife's best friend, he gets nausea at speeds over 120 kph...no kidding...hates my cars.

Smiley

Porker:
    RC:

The husband of my wife's best friend, he gets nausea at speeds over 120 kph...no kidding...hates my cars.

Smiley

He drives a camping mobile...to speed 100 kph and I wasn't kidding. This is kind of weird since this guy is very sportive, he even does helicopter skiing in Canada but he is afraid of speed in cars. Amazing. Smiley

--

RC:

Every time I show up in a Porsche, he makes a Volkswagen comment and every time I show up in the X5M, he makes a soccer mom comment. He really cares and I couldn't care less but it is annoyin 

it's his inferiority complex .. rise above it.

deep down, he's consumed with jealousy !!

RC:

Every time I show up in a Porsche, he makes a Volkswagen comment and every time I show up in the X5M, he makes a soccer mom comment.....

SmileySmiley

This why I ordered a VW CC 1.4 TSI to drive daily (will replace my E60 520d) besides my upcoming italia SmileySmiley

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

So when the waiting's over? blush

--

BlackOctober:

So when the waiting's over? blush

According to my dealer, this week. The truck hasn't arrived yet, it left Leipzig last week according to my sources, so it should be here today or tomorrow. I already kept Tuesday, Thursday and Friday free...in any case... Smiley

--

Why is it that the closer the delivery date, the more agonizing the wait

Gilmour:

Why is it that the closer the delivery date, the more agonizing the wait

You can't even imagine... Smiley

My son tortured me the whole weekend why the car didn't arrive yet because I promised him and since I don't even have set a fixed day for the pickup, the wait is just killing me right now. The dealer promised to call immediately when the truck arrives but... Smiley

Still hoping for a pickup tomorrow (Tuesday afternoon) but I have a feeling that it is going to be Friday instead.

There are two major car events (Hockenheim High Performance Days and Entenbürzeltreffen) over here next weekend, so I would love to have the car by then but I'm not sure if I will be able to join. Smiley

--

You should have let you son talk to Porsche about this.smiley

Its easy to set traps for yourself. Being a dad has is not a simple job. Smiley

Can't wait ti see the pictures RC Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):

Same here devil

--

Ron (Houston):

+2

Smiley

BlackOctober:
    Ron (Houston):

Same here devil

Hahaha, the RT crowd is not any better than RC's son Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Porsche-Jeck:
    BlackOctober:
    Ron (Houston):

Same here devil

Hahaha, the RT crowd is not any better than RC's son Smiley

I didn't expect less... Smiley

Dealer hasn't called, so the car isn't at the dealership yet as of 5 pm. Smiley

The car needs to arrive tomorrow or Thursday for the dealer to prep it for delivery before the weekend, incl. registration. Otherwise I have to wait until next week Tuesday or Thursday because next Monday is a holiday here and Wednesday is impossible for me.

I almost started praying... Smiley

--

this delay has echos of about 300 981s being stuck in Emden awaiting shipment to UK. No one in the UK has had his/her 981 delivered (at least no one on the UK forums) .. and 981 went 'on sale' in the UK on 5 May ...

Porsche GB has no idea (or won't say) why the cars have been held at Emden for 2 weeks or more.

Sorry to hear that. My wife just called and told me that I have received a very weird but nice looking package from Porsche. Maybe they put my PTS inside it...the kind of an add water thingie and it blows up to a full size?... 

Can't wait to get home to see what is inside, my wife didn't open the package because she thought it might be something confidential. mail

The transport company has a maximum of five days to transport the car to the dealership and the car has left Leipzig last week. So I still have hope for a delivery this week but it depends on the dealer too.

--

RC:

Can't wait to get home to see what is inside, my wife didn't open the package because she thought it might be something confidential. mail

Does she think you work for Porsche too?SmileySmiley

Spyderidol:
    RC:

Does she think you work for Porsche too?SmileySmiley

Smiley No but I get some stuff from them from time to time, which isn't really for third parties. I'm more worried about the kids though...they talk at school. Smiley

We actually had a pretty interesting project offer from Mini some while ago but it was good for fun but not good enough for the pocket, if you get my point. So we declined it. If Porsche would have made that offer, I wouldn't have thought about it twice... Smiley

--

RC, 

i feel with you.

what a wonderful car. 

or better to say: what a wonderful spaceship. its not from this planet.

just sat in a panamera gts at my dealer some days ago.

what a dream

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    803078 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448512 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266038 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90025 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6510 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885590 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833081 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM