Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Panamera Turbo S is almost ready

hunterone:

F10 BMW M5 vs Porsche Panamera Turbo S (550 HP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWNNV98ZjN4&feature=relmfu

M5 a lil bit quicker

That M5, if I am not mistaken, is a press car sources from BMW directly. Under the light of the most recent performance measurements in SportAuto magazine I wouldn´t be surprised if it was a comparatively "health" example. 

RC:

My left foot can brake... 

i love my manual Cayenne, but i find i am really enjoying the PDK on the 991 & that is the only way to brake. Smiley

--

2012 991 C2S -PDK / 2010 997.2 turbo cab manual, sold / 2008 Cayenne GTS Manual /2008 RS 60 sold /04 C4S sold - 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

I won't comment on comparisons with factory cars but I can assure you that we are going to make a "real life" Turbo S vs. M5 comparison sometimes in the future. I'm curious because last time I encountered the new M5 on the street, it couldn't pass my C63 AMG Coupe PP, which was quite a surprise. We tried only from 0 and 50 kph to 180 kph, so I'm pretty sure that the M5 would have pulled away at higher speeds but to achieve a difference like in the video, the M5 would have needed at least 650+ hp. Not that it is impossible... 

As to the CLS 63 AMG PP, well...this comparison was more believable. However, the CLS didn't really pull away, look carefully at the video. The difference is so marginal that it could be driver related (if one of them shifts manually), etc.

The comparisons also don't mention if the Turbo S drivers had Sport Chrono Plus activated or even fitted to their cars. Don't forget that the over boost makes a HUGE difference, especially in such comparison.

Last but not least: So far, I don't know of any sedan to be able to cope with the Turbo S performance from standstill. Last time we tried, the Turbo S was two car lengths ahead of me and I was in my Carrera GTS Cab, which has a comparable 0-100 kph performance with the new M5 and/or CLS 63 AMG PP.

I also suggest reading the Sport Auto comparison carefully, where they claim that the new M5 is great for one round on the track but afterwards, everything goes down the drain. You get what you pay for... indecision angry

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (May 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

100% agree with RC - real world drivability (4wheeldrive) and reliability the Porsche takes the crown for sure !

RC:

The comparisons also don't mention if the Turbo S drivers had Sport Chrono Plus activated or even fitted to their cars. Don't forget that the over boost makes a HUGE difference, especially in such comparison.

As fas as I know, Sport chrono pack comes standart with Turbo S. 

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:
    RC:

As fas as I know, Sport chrono pack comes standart with Turbo S. 

Yes...of course...sorry. Smiley

Still...the driver needs to activate it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (May 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Cls ist not a PP, m5 board corrected that

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/f10-m5-discussion/205125-video-bmw-m5-f10-vs-mercedes-cls63-amg-biturbo-1st-race-both-2nd-gear.html

RC, why not meeting up in the aerie near like Bodensee for an m5 vs pane turbo s on the highway compare, would be fun

We had a real life run of new M5 vs Pana Turbo last weekend at the special course.

2 runs

1) from standstill

Pana Turbo is pulling away and M5 overcomes it at the speeds of 230-240 kmh

2) from roll-on 60kmh

M5 starts pulling away from the beginning and at the speeds of 250kmh the differnce is 3-4 car lenghts

So we were surprised that Pana Turbo is really that fast as it has less hp and weighs 200 kgs more....

and now do it in the wet again indecision

artur777:

We had a real life run of new M5 vs Pana Turbo last weekend at the special course.

2 runs

1) from standstill

Pana Turbo is pulling away and M5 overcomes it at the speeds of 230-240 kmh

2) from roll-on 60kmh

M5 starts pulling away from the beginning and at the speeds of 250kmh the differnce is 3-4 car lenghts

So we were surprised that Pana Turbo is really that fast as it has less hp and weighs 200 kgs more....

Thank you. This confirms what I suspected. I don't say that Porsche doesn't cheat regarding press cars but BMW certainly seems to do and Mercedes isn't far behind. Smiley

From standstill, there is no sedan on this planet which has the same brutal acceleration like the Panamera Turbo S has. Not that it really counts, red light races are kind of childish but I usually love to surprise...motorcycles. Smiley

On wet pavement, the Panamera Turbo S just rocks but apparently not everybody appreciates the AWD. I read one or two reviews where reviewers were actually very fond of the new M5 because it was going sideways...almost all the time. Of course this is fun, I learned that from my C63 AMG Coupe but on public streets, this fun can be risky. Smiley

--

Dario:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/f10-m5-discussion/205125-video-bmw-m5-f10-vs-mercedes-cls63-amg-biturbo-1st-race-both-2nd-gear.html

RC, why not meeting up in the aerie near like Bodensee for an m5 vs pane turbo s on the highway compare, would be fun

Sounds interesting. We may even be able to add a 997 Turbo S and a Ferrari 458 Spider to the fun. Not that we really would stand a chance. Smiley The best time for this would be July or August. Bodensee is around 190 km away from my place, so it wouldn't be a big problem.

--

Good highway up there, with long unrestricted places and good overview (between Singen and Sindelfingen 81), not to long from Bern either.  Had my modded gt2 on this highway for logfiles and settings.

Somewhere first part of July would be fine for me, otherwise i will be away for a good month or so

A little update on my Turbo S delivery: Dealer may not have enough time to prepare the car for me on Friday, the 18th because one day before that, there is a holiday. So unfortunately, if things go really wrong, I may not be able to pick up my car before May 22nd. laugh

--

RC:
    Dario:

Sounds interesting. We may even be able to add a 997 Turbo S and a Ferrari 458 Spider to the fun. Not that we really would stand a chance. Smiley The best time for this would be July or August. Bodensee is around 190 km away from my place, so it wouldn't be a big problem.

If it helps:
    Can be there with a 997 Turbo S
    Smiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

RC:

A little update on my Turbo S delivery: Dealer may not have enough time to prepare the car for me on Friday, the 18th because one day before that, there is a holiday. So unfortunately, if things go really wrong, I may not be able to pick up my car before May 22nd. laugh

I thougt you are going to get a factory delivery?

Its a shame.... a buyer of a top-range model wants to pick up his car and its not possible... shame on Porsche!

Yes, factory delivery was planned and I even got a date but it was too late (June 27th).

I mean c'mon, I don't leave my car over a month in Leipzig, just to pick it up.

The production delay (11 weeks) kind of messed up things, I really wanted to pick up my car with my son but it was impossible (school). So why bother...I already know Leipzig, at least I get my car over a month earlier.

Porsche has sweetened the delay for me, I shouldn't complaint but I really wanted to pick up my car with my son. School comes first though... Smiley

--

Conny997:
    RC:
    Dario:

If it helps:
    Can be there with a 997 Turbo S
    Smiley

I was already counting you in. Smiley

--

You dealer won't do a Saturday delivery? Even with you as such a good customer?

Your PTS delay only has one benefit.....your AMG 63 will feel fast for a few days more.indecision

Whoopsy:

You dealer won't do a Saturday delivery? Even with you as such a good customer?

I have to work on that Saturday... Smiley

--

According to my dealer, my car hasn't arrived yet but it is on it's way. yes

I will take delivery next week 100% for sure but unfortunately I don't know on which day. 

The dealer needs, according to him, two days to prepare the car, so I rather think that I'm going to be able to pick it up on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. This is very unfortunate because the weather is going to be very nice this weekend and it would have been perfect for some driving. laugh

To make things worse: I was today at my Mercedes dealer to have a rear tire exchanged, I picked up a screw and it lost pressure and while waiting for the tire to be exchanged, I noticed a brand-new red C63 AMG Coupe Black Series in the repair shop. It was prepped for delivery...to my neighbor...this afternoon. Lucky bastard... sad indecision

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

...lucky you...my car is stowed away in the garage, as some people have decided to have some fun and start to "blockupy Frankfurt" - whole inner city is blocked...well, at least we may be looking forward to see the CL-final tomorrow evening, therefore, your neighbor will not show off his car before monday, hopefully...Smiley

My neighbor will be all over me this evening, showing me his new Black Series. I already saw the car at the dealer, sat in it, looked under the hood, etc. and he can't know it (he is the type of guy who takes this very seriously...he wants to be the first...) but I really love cars and I really hope he has fun with it. Unfortunately my fun will be delay by a couple of days. laugh We are going to have 26°C or so tomorrow, I'm so p.ss.d, you can't even imagine. Perfect day for a ride. Next week it is going to rain... 

Sorry to hear about Blockupy Frankfurt. I have a lot of students as customers and you should have listened to their ranting today about the Facebook IPO. Oh boy do they hate capital and everything connected to it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

...I have an idea, make your neighbor coming to Frankfurt with his car tomorrow...smiley...

RC:

(he is the type of guy who takes this very seriously...he wants to be the first...) 

SmileySmileySmiley

This is really funny how people take somethings too serious...

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

+1, though, I would like to live in RC's neighborhood, at least, considering you would have all these nice cars around...

pride355:
    RC:

(he is the type of guy who takes this very seriously...he wants to be the first...) 

SmileySmileySmiley

This is really funny how people take somethings too serious...

I wanted to take photos and my mechanic asked me not to take any photos, especially when he heard that this car is for my neighbor. A couple of weeks ago, when I picked up my C63 AMG Coupe, a guy from AMG at my dealer talked to me about the Black Series. During this conversation, he told me that they build one car for somebody in the same small city I live in and when he told me the name, I knew immediately...it was my direct neighbor. He even told me that there were problems with the red stitching, he also told me the color. I didn't think of anything bad or inappropriate at that time. A couple of days later, my neighbor saw my C63 AMG Coupe in the garage and surprisingly, he thought at first that this is a Black Series too, he never saw the car live. Funny. He told me that he ordered one too and I told him that I know. He was quite surprised. Then I told him that the car is red and that it is delayed because of the red stitching and looking at his face, I realized that I should have shut up. He immediately wanted to know where I have this information from, in a pretty aggressive way and because I realized from his facial expression that he was p.ss.d, I told him that I know it from a buddy at AMG. Not sure if he believed it though.

Today, my mechanic told me that many customers don't like it when others see their car first, not sure what this is all about (I know, it is crazy...) but I respect it. Tonight, when my neighbor will come over, very likely, I will act very very surprised. Smiley

--

Looking forward for some pics and thoughts !!  Have you already hand in the carrera GTS cab keys to the dealer ?? laugh

Regarding your neighbour, we have the same feeling in our block. Some neightbours have decided to go for an Audi RS5, 997 turbo, new m3...buut then again when they saw the 991 in our parking spot the day we got it deñiered, they where thrilled and shocked at the same time, due to the short period of time we owned our ex 997.1 turbo or 997.1 Targa 4S. This is our main concern  with neighbours too...if we want to change of car just because we want (thankfully we can, but we also delete many other factors such as holiday trips or whatever) and we love to do so ( my family loves cars, even my mother) why we have to be concerned in what they can possibly think.....this feeling was left to a less important matter some years ago indecision...this is the bad side of living in an area full of neighbours.

Anyway, cant wait for your review of THE B E A S T!!! kiss

--

RC:

Today, my mechanic told me that many customers don't like it when others see their car first, not sure what this is all about (I know, it is crazy...) but I respect it.

It must be a kind of superstition. They think it brings bad luck or something Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

Nope, no superstition or something like that. Apparently they want to be the first to see the car and not their neighbor or somebody they know personally. I know, I know...doesn't really make sense but people don't always make sense.

I'm happy for him but I would be even happier if I could have picked up my car too today. laugh

Call me crazy but I plan to visit my dealer after work to check if my car has been delivered. indecision He can't really hide it from me.  Not that it makes a difference if he got it today, it is too late to prepare it and to get it registered.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803198 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448562 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266118 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90056 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6588 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885699 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833246 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM